Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Cerv posted:

annoyingly, though we're on Octopus but didn't get a smart meter yet
tomorrow they're paying customers to use electricity instead of the usual way round. to try to balance usage better

I got a 2-4pm slot tomorrow. I get free electricity and even get paid for every kw I use during that time, it's weird. Guess I'll just boil the kettle 20 times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Galewolf posted:

Went out for the bin and outside felt like pre-Covid days with people strolling around and increased car traffic.

The buses are definitely more crowded today and TfL is introducing the payments&tapping back which can only mean mission accomplished.

Michael Gove and other politicians are outright saying now that the restrictions don't apply if you want to do something different. Doesn't matter how dangerous and selfish you are, if you can sort-of justify it (if you squint) then it's fine.

Of course we're allowed to visit elderly relatives if kids might need babysitting. No, it doesn't matter if we're definitely ill. And it doesn't matter if the visit involves 250 drive, either. It's not a crime to care about your wife and child, you see. To claim otherwise is just "political points scoring".

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Of all, the most worrying part is I haven't seen a single delivery person wearing any ppe since last week. Not the Amazon delivery people nor the Sainsbury deliverers whom you expect being vulnerable and also possible vectors.

I think at least masks are pretty common now and I see normal people outside wearing them.

I can't even be like "ayo that looks kinda irresponsible" with my aforementioned friend posting their "essential" trip to Cambridge on FB since I know that they can justify it so easily.

The weather is amazing today with the exception of 5 minute rain and now it smells fresh post-rain in the house :unsmith:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

that smell is bacterial spores. enjoy it!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

my friend half the deliveroo delivery riders here think coronavirus is fake and all the nurses on the news are crisis actors.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

In that case, RIP our famil.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

monkeytennis posted:

What’s a polite amount to pay for a mask? Fiver each or is that being cheap?

Asking for myself :v:

in Japan I bought a box of 100 for like £3

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

hemale in pain posted:

theres been like 4 crashe on roads near me already today. everyone going out on their holidays now coronavirus is defeated i guess?

I took my car out for a drive earlier this week for the first time in weeks and it felt really weird and I kept doing stupid things. You forget a lot of stuff quickly when you stop driving for a while and it takes a little while to come back to you. The period before it comes back is a bit dangerous

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

crispix posted:

I took my car out for a drive earlier this week for the first time in weeks and it felt really weird and I kept doing stupid things. You forget a lot of stuff quickly when you stop driving for a while and it takes a little while to come back to you. The period before it comes back is a bit dangerous

Nah.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

crispix posted:

Stop driving what the gently caress

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Okay, just me then. I don't mean that I'm driving on pavements and over roundabouts and stuff just that it doesn't feel natural for a while

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

RIP you and the famil you are going to ran over. (my man, seriously stop driving if you don't feel competent about it)

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

crispy on the way to check if greggs is open yet

https://i.imgur.com/y8YmwGb.mp4

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

From a few weeks ago:

Roblo posted:

So...can I drive 40 miles to see my girlfriend yet or not? Pretty sure it's a no but it's all pretty confusing.

Isolation is getting to the both of us somewhat

I've got some good news for you if you work for the Tories!

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

It's not a loop, he does that each day with a new but same model car and this is a monthly record.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
An extra detail to the flatmate phishing that makes it all the dumber was that she asked the scammer on the phone how she'd know if he was really from her bank and he told her to check the back of her card and she'd notice that the emergency phone number was the same as the one he was calling from, except it wasn't, it was out by a few digits, but she still gave him the information he asked for because it was quite close so maybe they'd just updated the number recently.

If I'm doing anything at pub and people walking past see me inside, they press up to the window or get my attention to see if we're open or not. We're not, I'm just doing cleaning and maintenance. That's why all the lights are turned off and the doors are shut.

milktwice
Feb 15, 2012
Man it feels like Scotland is totally different to England from what I'm hearing in this thread. Pretty much everyone is wearing a mask in the big Tesco's near me and lots of social distancing. We're getting a bit of a lightening of the rules this Thursday to move to phase one. It's so loving annoying hearing people so blatantly disregarding the rules when I've been so desperate to go wild camping locally. I wouldn't see a soul but the rules the rules (unless you're chief advisor to the prime minister).

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Watched Charlie brookers antiviral wipe on youtube then it autoplayed the 2016 wipe after, that was some whiplash alright

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I wanna go for a pint in the cyber pub what the gently caress

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Ratjaculation posted:

I'm a very good driver :catstare:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

el dingo posted:

Watched Charlie brookers antiviral wipe on youtube then it autoplayed the 2016 wipe after, that was some whiplash alright

2016: everyone famous dies
2020: everyone else dies

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

In Crispys defence, when I switch work vehicles to personal I almost always fudge the wipers/indicators a couple times.

Flashing someone out by squirting my windscreen.

I mean it's not quite level with Crispy, who admitted to what we can all agree is running reds and doing 40 in the right lane, but it's something.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

monkeytennis posted:

What’s a polite amount to pay for a mask? Fiver each or is that being cheap?

Asking for myself :v:

Whatever you can afford, some people pay a quid for one, others £20.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I'm at full alert this morning.

Virus free too.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Ratjaculation posted:

That dog that comes running out of the shop on the left to watch :3:

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
So now that the Tories are trying to twist themselves in knots to find ways to say that Dum Cummings is actually not a huge hypocrite and what he did is fine, are they just saying we can do whatever the gently caress we like now?

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Cummings will be remembered as one of the most instrumental architects of Britain’s demise. If he doesn’t go it’s a green light for people to do whatever the gently caress they want again (more than usual) which will, invariably, lead to more deaths. This on top of the deaths brexit will bring too. Conservatives aren’t calling for his head because he knows where the bodies are buried. He’s got a stash of pictures of Gove loving dead pigs with Cameron, I reckon

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Dravs posted:

So now that the Tories are trying to twist themselves in knots to find ways to say that Dum Cummings is actually not a huge hypocrite and what he did is fine, are they just saying we can do whatever the gently caress we like now?

They're incredibly brazenly rubbing it into the general public's faces that the powerful can do whatever the hell they want. Boris must really feel dependent on him to go to these lengths to keep him in his job.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Viruswithshoes posted:

Cummings will be remembered as one of the most instrumental architects of Britain’s demise. If he doesn’t go it’s a green light for people to do whatever the gently caress they want again (more than usual) which will, invariably, lead to more deaths. This on top of the deaths brexit will bring too. Conservatives aren’t calling for his head because he knows where the bodies are buried. He’s got a stash of pictures of Gove loving dead pigs with Cameron, I reckon

They were dead by the end of it anyway.
New allegations today that Cummings went back to Durham 2 weeks later, not sick, just for a jolly.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

wooger posted:

They were dead by the end of it anyway.
New allegations today that Cummings went back to Durham 2 weeks later, not sick, just for a jolly.

Why cant we just put him in the wickerman already?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Fumble posted:

Why cant we just put him in the wickerman already?

can't dance round the may pole with proper 2m distancing

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Just say alert, duh

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Cerv posted:

I think we could spare enough ppe to make a worthy offering of him.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cerv posted:

I'm not advocating anything, just observing that a flamethrower has an effective range of 20m...

While looking this up, I saw that wiki's flamethrower page has a couple of pictures from Anthony "SEA PATROL" Appleyard. Gave me a good laugh to see them in the wild.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I miss busses :(

I have a side job doing craft stuff and have been using a small office/studio* in the city centre about 4 miles from home. 40 minutes to run in is fine, but the hour and a half it takes to get home, or 2+ if i go to the shops is getting pretty loving tiresome. I've been good though, even when i was gonna hit 30,000 steps yesterday i didnt cave and get on a bus that was right there, mocking me

* Building is nearly deserted, i have a 100% private room and on the rare occasions i use shared facilities I'm utterly fastidious with avoiding touching surfaces and hand washing/alcohol spray, haven't crossed paths with a single person in the building just hear them sometimes through the door

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 10:16 on May 24, 2020

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Fatkraken posted:

I miss busses :(

I have a side job doing craft stuff and have been using a small office/studio* in the city centre about 4 miles from home. 40 minutes to run in is fine, but the hour and a half it takes to get home, or 2+ if i go to the shops is getting pretty loving tiresome. I've been good though, even when i was gonna hit 30,000 steps yesterday i didnt cave and get on a bus that was right there, mocking me

* Building is nearly deserted, i have a 100% private room and on the rare occasions i use shared facilities I'm utterly fastidious with avoiding touching surfaces and hand washing/alcohol spray, haven't crossed paths with a single person in the building just hear them sometimes through the door

get a bicycle dude it'll turn that journey in to like 15 mins each way.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

hemale in pain posted:

get a bicycle dude it'll turn that journey in to like 15 mins each way.

Sheffield is hilly :(

My roomie does have an extremely nice e-bike though, might ask to borrow it if their insurance covers if

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Viruswithshoes posted:

honestly assumed it would be america that brought about their demise by waiting for King Dom Cum

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Fatkraken posted:

My roomie does have an extremely nice e-bike though, might ask to borrow it if their insurance covers if

hills are actually good because you get to go down them and going down is fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Fatkraken posted:

Sheffield is like you're always walking up a hill no matter which direction you're heading in.