Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

If anyone wants Gala let me know and I’ll open my gates first chance I get, she’s packed up and moving out today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Grandmother of Five posted:

Flower-breeding really does take up so much space. I really like the gardening, though, and I've got a couple of areas that I like a ton because of how the flowerbeds have turned out. I've spent more time on flower-arranging than any one other in-game thing by now, I think. My island explodes after rainy days :hellyeah:

If you've still got it, I'd like the beekeeper hive!

I've got a bunch of extra ones, too. I've made a market area where people can browse them and grab when visiting. I was hoping to make a low-key flea-market area where I'd put a bunch of different rugs down in order to make stalls that way, but you cant place rugs outside, it turns out :negative: I like what my market morphed into, though. Anyway, this is the current selection, in case there's any requests:

Aroma pot
Bamboo basket
Bamboo drum
Bamboo doll
Bamboo noodle slide
Bamboo wall decoration
Bamboo wand
Bamboo-grove wall
Bamboo-shoot lamp
Barbell
Bone doorplate
Butter churn
Cardboard bed
Dark bamboo rug
Golden arowana model
Golden wall
Honeycomb flooring
Iron closet
Jail bars
Kettlebell
Natural garden table
Pan flute
Paw-print doorplate
Pile of zen cushions
Plain wooden shop sign
Pond stone
Rocking horse
Sandy-beach flooring
Shell fountain
Standard umbrella stand
Steamer-basket set
Stone table
Tall garden rock
Tea table
Timber doorplate
Tiny library
Terrarium
Windflower fan
Wooden full-length mirror

That was a lot more than I thought lol

I could really use the jail bars, but no worries if it's too big a pain to add me. I can send cherries/peaches/oranges or bells in return if that helps

Also first time I've posted my friend code here: SW-2690-3793-5509 ("Moose")

Friend fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 21, 2020

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The nook children are loving me over again fuui

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Friend posted:

I could really use the jail bars, but no worries if it's too big a pain to add me. I can send cherries/peaches/oranges or bells in return if that helps

Also first time I've posted my friend code here: SW-2690-3793-5509 ("Moose")

Sorry, but someone already grabbed the jail bars DIY. I'm not sure how many visited for turnips yesterday, but like half the DIYs on that list were grabbed since I posted. I sort of suspect a single lurker grabbed them, because my villagers have snitched on one person only lol. I can craft you some jail bars, if you'd like, though! We'd need to meet up sometime in-game before we can use the mail-system, but if you know how many you'd like then I can craft them for sometime you've got your gates open and we're both on :)

I don't really need anything, but if you happen to have some spare furniture in the gothic style, other than the mirror, then those are high on my wish-list since I have a villager made out to be a vampire.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Clocks and lights changing depending on time of day is nice, but I never noticed that some other stuff does, too. Caught the fountain doing a fancy display when the town clock struck on the hour. Put a bunch of hours into the game & still a bunch of super neat little touches popping up.

Got a meteor-shower coming later, so expecting Celeste to show up. If I can stay awake that long I'll open gates or post a code for it.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Nips are 337 for the next hour and a half, and Kyle is moving out. Come visit my basic rear end town.

Edit: closing up now

Nostradingus fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 22, 2020

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Nostradingus posted:

Nips are 337 for the next hour and a half, and Kyle is moving out. Come visit my basic rear end town.

Dodo code LH2N0

Thanks for letting me sell these turnips. Nice town theme

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grandmother of Five posted:

Clocks and lights changing depending on time of day is nice, but I never noticed that some other stuff does, too. Caught the fountain doing a fancy display when the town clock struck on the hour. Put a bunch of hours into the game & still a bunch of super neat little touches popping up.

I finally discovered mole crickets today. their noise had been driving me crazy for months since it seemed to come from nowhere lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Little thing I never knew was televisions will give tomorrow’s forecast at 6:45pm and 10:45pm

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

Celeste is visiting and there's a meteror shower atm. She gave me a DIY for a gemini item. Got gates opened. Probably going to be AFK a mostly, but I figure I'll keep it running for a good while so people can get her DIY and a couple of wishes in.

& thanks @ knuc for sending the beekeeper DIY :) I'm def decorating with those.

The Clowner posted:

I finally discovered mole crickets today. their noise had been driving me crazy for months since it seemed to come from nowhere lol

I didn't catch on till earlier this week either, and only by accident. I only dug one up because I was moving flowers around lol it didn't occur to me at all that the noise was from a critter until I dug it up by surprise.

herculon posted:

Little thing I never knew was televisions will give tomorrow’s forecast at 6:45pm and 10:45pm

That's real neat. Gonna check forecast before watering stuff now, I think.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

You can get a same day forecast if you're up at 6:15am or 7:45am

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My turnip prices have been below 60 all week, praying for a miracle tomorrow :pray:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

My turnip prices have been below 60 all week, praying for a miracle tomorrow :pray:

the stupid children bumped my prices up to 260 and hell i bought them for 90 no point in praying for friends to get higher prices i have bells on the line

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Goongratulations

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna need one of you to come through for me tomorrow. I'm staring down the barrel of 66 loving bells from these goddamned rats

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

For the love of god if you have a decent turnip price today please share with the class. Mine are at 43 like they have been for days

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Big thank you to Herculon for paying off my bridge yesterday! Thanks buddy

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

No problem

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't suppose anyone has any blue roses they'd be willing to part with for a few million bells? :shobon:

I told myself I wouldn't give a poo poo about flowers and now it's the thing I've spent the most time on in the drat game. I decided to make a flower garden area to display every type and color of flower in the game. I've got pretty much everything else save for a few stragglers but the blue roses I wouldn't mind doing a little pay2win just to finish off my display.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

American McGay posted:

I don't suppose anyone has any blue roses they'd be willing to part with for a few million bells? :shobon:

I told myself I wouldn't give a poo poo about flowers and now it's the thing I've spent the most time on in the drat game. I decided to make a flower garden area to display every type and color of flower in the game. I've got pretty much everything else save for a few stragglers but the blue roses I wouldn't mind doing a little pay2win just to finish off my display.

I have 2 and will give you one in the interest of harm reduction.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Keep the 2 and continue to try breeding them. Each of us having 1 does nobody any good.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

You can clone them pretty easily, especially if a friend waters them. I got mine from a friend because trying to grow them is insane unless you start with mystery island roses.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Alright fine I'll take it (I didn't know flowers could reproduce without a partner).

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

que sera sera posted:

You can clone them pretty easily, especially if a friend waters them. I got mine from a friend because trying to grow them is insane unless you start with mystery island roses.

One of the recent updates disabled mystery flower islands. It rules, Nintendo is great

American McGay posted:

Alright fine I'll take it (I didn't know flowers could reproduce without a partner).

just make sure to keep the 3x3 square around the rose clear of any other roses and you should see another one in a few days

also after you clone up some blue roses I'm gonna invade your island and steal some. Tia

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

The Clowner posted:

One of the recent updates disabled mystery flower islands. It rules, Nintendo is great

wtf..

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
jamming with kk slider right now. hes playing kk house. i let him pick and he picked good

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Clowner posted:

Is this true?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
according to a furry that datamined the game, the islands that yield hybrid flowers were removed from the list of available mystery tour islands in the 1.2 patch

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Looking at spreadsheets to optimize my AC speed run

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

N0L4F

Redd is here and he has one painting that I can’t tell is fake or not.

Also I have tons of diy for free. Please take the ones you need.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

Opening gates for a bit. Sahara is visiting and is selling a Dojo wall and a Future Tech floor. Mabel has some cool misc stuff; the skull t-shirts in various colors are bad rear end imo, and also a space suit, imp hoods & detective coats. Nothing crazy going on, but gonna leave it on for a bit in case people feeling like island-hopping.

If anyone is trying to get a 5-star rating while having a lot of trees, but trying to make up for it with other stuff; you can't do it btw, you're capped at 4 stars if you have more than a certain amount of trees. I felt like I was into 5-star territory by now & messed around a bit, and both trees and littering have seperate caps that you can't make up for with other stuff.

It isn't a big deal as far as the trees goes, since you can have a ton, still, and shrubs doesn't count, but the littering is sort of dumb imo since stuff dropped on tables and stalls counts as littering, which means that if you have a flea market for DIYs, fossils, or crafting station for visitors, all of that counts as junk items on the ground and adds up pretty quick.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I was AFK when people people came through today. I'm guessing the painting was fake because the diy were gone but noone bought any of the paintings? I still like buying the fakes for decorations.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I was AFK when people people came through today. I'm guessing the painting was fake because the diy were gone but noone bought any of the paintings? I still like buying the fakes for decorations.

Same. I'd def visit to buy a fake. If people have Redd visiting and there's art left to buy, def open gates or post codes imo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I got got by a fake a few days ago and was legitimately pissed for like 20 seconds but then I realized it's still a cool piece of art to have and there's even a Nook Miles reward for getting scammed.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I bought the fake ancient statue in the hopes that it was haunted (it was) but didn’t think to try donating it for Nook Miles, I’ll have to do that.

I was really tempted to buy the fake Raijin painting your Redd was selling but I didn’t think I’d have room for it in my house

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i purposely bought a fake rosetta stone because i thought it looked cool but when it arrived in the mail it was a much more garish blue than it looked on redds boat. very disappointing

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Opening up my island (koholint) because redd is here. There are 2 more real paintings and a fake statue. I'm trying to clone a row of flowers by the entrance, so please water them if you feel like it. I'm leaving the house for a bit so sorry if something goes wrong. My island is under construction please dont judge me 🙏

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i walked up to your flowers, hit the button to water them, and instantly the disconnected pop up appeared, o well :)

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Sorry about that! I just got home and checked everything out. The gate is still open and there is one painting left if someone wants to claim it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

que sera sera posted:

Opening up my island (koholint) because redd is here. There are 2 more real paintings and a fake statue. I'm trying to clone a row of flowers by the entrance, so please water them if you feel like it. I'm leaving the house for a bit so sorry if something goes wrong. My island is under construction please dont judge me 🙏

Thanks! I bought the ancient statue without inspecting it, Redd seems like a trustworthy fellow. Also took the shisa dog DIY. Watered your flowers until my can exploded, I think I got all of them immediately around the entrance and then started circling around.

I’d never been particularly into flower breeding, whenever I’d make a garden or plant some flowers just for decoration I’d try to alternate colors and leave a space between them just in case something might grow in but I never made a concerted effort. But after my first black roses blossomed this morning and seeing your cool purple lilies I think I’m about to start.