Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Onmi posted:

Perhaps, I use Mixu's mod to make all the Electors legendary lords, but it could be vanilla balance.

I really like that mod but gently caress does it ever make Empire deathballs absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

I will say one thing about Grimgor is that he might be a little *too* overpowered with his "You're Next!" ability. He should be da best without needing to apply a gigantic debuff to whatever lord or hero he is fighting. His blood forged armour and Gitsnik are already really good buffs, he doesn't need to make enemy lords worse to stand a good chance of beating them.

If anything is rather they just change "You're Next!" to be a speed debuff only, since he should be a challenger you can't ignore, but get rid of the melee defense debuff.

He's still a slow foot lord with no mount options, no magic, enough height to get shot at even when among other infantry, and a skill tree that isn't particularly impressive. Every single one of the new lords released this patch are better than Grimgor.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah he's still not amazing in any realistic testing. He's better but Wurrzag is overall superior I think.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dandywalken posted:

I really like that mod but gently caress does it ever make Empire deathballs absurd.

I bet! But for me it gives me a challenge as empire to properly confederate everyone, not just aim for Toddy.

It's tempting to hold back on getting Wissenland for Elspeth and her Dragon.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Vargs posted:

You can use Steam Achievement Manager (created by SA user Gibbed) to unlock it yourself. I ended up doing that for a Beastman campaign that didn't give me the achievements for whatever reason.

Wait, Gibbed is a goon? I used the poo poo out of their BL2 tools. drat, you learn something new every day.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Do Tomb Kings get a special building in Nagashizzar? I kind of want to retry a Khalida ME game now that the eastern thunderdome is so well populated

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Do Tomb Kings get a special building in Nagashizzar? I kind of want to retry a Khalida ME game now that the eastern thunderdome is so well populated

Pretty sure everyone get's a building in Nagashizzar that at least gives you vampiric attrition immunity, but Azhag may be unique in that his removes the public order penalty for said corruption factionwide. Haven't checked for other factions since the new patch hit.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Zzulu posted:

Unfortunately that got retconned :(

It's OK, the current end time canon is that Grimgor led a super Waaagh after he cratered Greasus' skull and added the Ogres to his army. He found Archaon, beat him up again, head-butted him so hard it broke his magical chaos mcguffin third eye and Archaon had to panic and use his other artifact the thirteen swords of teenage edginess to gib Grimgor. Grimgor died declaring himself Da Best.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Oh that's not good for me.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Are there any mods that permanently destroy settlements razed by the Warriors of Chaos? Asking for several thousand friends, all tired of watching settlements be recolonised literally on the turn after they're razed.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Is anyone seeing an issue with armies starting the turn at 66% of their movement remaining? It seems like it might have something to do with the March stance, but it wasn't an issue until like turn 65 of my campaign.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dandywalken posted:

Yeah he's still not amazing in any realistic testing. He's better but Wurrzag is overall superior I think.

Every other Greenskin LL is superior in multi I think.

Skarsnik is the current meta pick with his ability to rampage the enemy coupled with the Hag's Mire. Azhag has a flying mount, insane constant buffs and Death Magic along with being a good combatant who applies poison. Wurzzag still has the Bonewood Staff which is just a stupidly good item and is a full caster. Then Grom is a good Chariot Lord with various buffs and regeneration.

I would take literally any of them over Grimgor still. I would also take most of the generic lords over him still even if he isn't a joke anymore. Most of them have some really good buffs and mounts that he just doesn't get.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Imrik's start is pretty hard, everyone around him hates him. Appropriate.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is anyone else getting one tiny white pixel in the bottom left corner of their screen? It's not my monitor since I've tested with other games and programs. Just one pixel and only with wh2

Third World Reagan posted:

yah
CA has said that they added this as a thing that only happens if the game is modded so that the can tell if the game is modded when people submit inane bug reports.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

CA has said that they added this as a thing that only happens if the game is modded so that the can tell if the game is modded when people submit inane bug reports.

T minus five seconds before somebody mods out the mod pixel

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
[/quote]

im playing without any mods and have the white pixel.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Does anyone have any clue what unit you need to recruit to get the Egg Yolk ingredient for Grom? It says you have to recruit an Arachnarok spider, but I've tried both the Queen and the Lava Arachnarok through the RoR and neither got it for me, and I can't find any others anywhere else in the building menu. I need it for a Hag recipe quest, but neither spider I can recruit seems to actually count.

Edit: This is my first Ork campaign, is there another way to recruit the Arachnarok that I'm just not seeing?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

ArchRanger posted:

Does anyone have any clue what unit you need to recruit to get the Egg Yolk ingredient for Grom? It says you have to recruit an Arachnarok spider, but I've tried both the Queen and the Lava Arachnarok through the RoR and neither got it for me, and I can't find any others anywhere else in the building menu. I need it for a Hag recipe quest, but neither spider I can recruit seems to actually count.

Edit: This is my first Ork campaign, is there another way to recruit the Arachnarok that I'm just not seeing?

T4 version of the building that makes goblin wolf riders and spider riders.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

T4 version of the building that makes goblin wolf riders and spider riders.

Whelp, I guess one of my mods broke things. I was wondering yesterday why the T4 version of that building seemed to do literally nothing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If you use their launcher it throws a big popup that says you're using mods. It says on the main menu screen that you're using mods. Just how many "Hey, you're using mods dummy!"-messages does CA think we need?

Speaking of which:

Raygereio posted:

The menu shows 2 upgrade options. After I select one, it then shows a third option (in this case Immertulz Armour) that's unselectable because unit can only get one upgrade.
This was caused by a mod. Don't know which one yet, but the menu is fine in an unmodded game.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 23, 2020

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Raygereio posted:

If you use their launcher it throws a big popup that says you're using mods. It says on the main menu screen that you're using mods. Just how many "Hey, you're using mods dummy!"-messages does CA think we need?

Pretty sure this notifier is for CA not for us. So that when someone shows a screenshot of something not working and doesn’t say they’re using mods they can be like “weeeeeell”

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I love that Eltharion's starting Loremaster is Cavill, with the trait White Wolf, which gives him an innate potion of toughness (And maybe a bonus vs large?)

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Being able to assign reinforcements to the AI is so good. I know there are better interfaces in other TW games that make it possible to control more than 20 units, but honestly I do not want to have to. The AI is not very precise in combat but it can micro pretty well, so it's great for causing chaos in the enemy ranks that you can then exploit.

In co-op campaigns they have markers you can use to draw on the various maps in order to communicate with your buddy. They are specialized to mark for attacking defending and static moves. I think it would be possible to map these to the ai to give them basic objectives in battle which would be super tight for controlling a waaagh.

punishedkissinger fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 23, 2020

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Aurubin posted:

Imrik's start is pretty hard, everyone around him hates him. Appropriate.

I think you mean everyone around him is jealous.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I can't finance a second stack and my own subjects hate me in my Imrik campaign while I funnel influence into trading partners so they don't kick my rear end. I gotta try and take on Tiktaq'To just so I won't be landlocked anymore but it's rough because Tiktaq'To is the second greatest power on the continent behind Khemri but oh well, I've got a Black Dragon now.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007

ArchRanger posted:

Whelp, I guess one of my mods broke things. I was wondering yesterday why the T4 version of that building seemed to do literally nothing.

Figured out that this was because of the Old World Rites mod, since it added a rite that summoned Arachnaroks. The mod menu said it was updated for this version, and it mostly functions, it just doesn't work for Orks right now.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Onmi posted:

Oh that's not good for me.

Are those the Vermintide guys ? How do they get recruited ? Event ? Mod ?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That's the Vermintide mod, yes.

The Ubersreik Five are in the vanilla game too, albeit with generic hero and lord units, but they only appear as a garrison bonus when you build the Red Moon Inn in Ubersreik.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Kobal2 posted:

Are those the Vermintide guys ? How do they get recruited ? Event ? Mod ?

There's a mod for them yeah. But by default there's a building you can build that adds them to a garrison.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Insurrectionist posted:

What kinda greenskin armies are people making with Grom campaings, I've pumped them full of Goblin Archers with a smattering of orcs to hold the line so far but honestly it's kinda not going great for the non-Grom armies. With the scrap upgrades + Grom's own army buffs they hulk out for him, but they're just really loving poo poo in my other armies. I need something better than Goblin Archers but I've been slacking on upgrading my armies because gently caress 4-turn global recruit. I mean I still win a lot from outnumbering my opponent but the AI is actually starting to field decent stuff now.

Did the huge + armor piercing arrows food make it to the live build by the way or was it dunked on after beta shenanigans?

Right now I'm just running Grom, the Workshop lords, and a Night Goblin Warboss.

Grom is 5 Skulkers, 2 Fanatics, 4 Goblin Archers, 2 River Trolls, 1 Stone Trolls, 2 Spikey Pumps, and 2 Flappas.

Oglok is 2 Black Orcs, 6 Big uns, 4 Arrer Boyz, 2 Boar Boyz, 2 Boar Big Uns, 2 Wolf Archers, a couple of river Trolls, a lobber.

The Spider shaman is All Spiders, All The Time. 4 Cav, 4 Archers, 1 Arachnarok, 4 Spiderlings (with Landmark upgrades), a lobber, and some trolls and fanatics. And

The NG Boss is basically all Skulkers, Fanatics, and Fanatic Archers with Pump Wagon support.

They all perform reasonably well against Rats, TK, and Brets. I'm just now ready to sail to Ulthuan.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Sykic posted:

Are there any mods that permanently destroy settlements razed by the Warriors of Chaos? Asking for several thousand friends, all tired of watching settlements be recolonised literally on the turn after they're razed.

There's a mod called gates of chaos or something like that which causes them to work as "chaos gates" and spawn roaming chaos stacks intermittently and spread corruption. The ai can still recolonize but it's much more of a fight for them.

Also, does Imrik give anyone else Viserys from GoT vibes?

(Grimgor: "a crown fer a king, boyz")

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I think I'm experiencing a bug in the Grom Vortex campaign: I can't complete the Hag's cooking challenge that uses Murky Stuff + 2 ingredients. I've used every combination of those recipes that I can. She has also stopped showing up at all, so I can't do a different challenge.

It's turn 100 because I've been stuck forever in an (admittedly fun) hellwar with Clan Mors and Khemri. Grom is now King o' Khemri while Ratnik Spiderclaw torches every rat nest in the western Southlands. Apparently Elf Batman got tired of waiting because he just showed up at Zandri with two other armies :shittypop:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Went back and tried a new Empire campaign and something in this patch kind of broke it. All of the text on the elector event dialog boxes are screwed up and it seems to be counting things against my authority level that it didn't before. For example, the vampires took out Averland almost immediately and I lost two authority over it. Before, the player had to be the one to kill the elector, not just some random NPC faction. Makes maintaining authority a lot more difficult.

My start was really good, but now I'm in a hole because some dumbasses got killed by vampires. :negative:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
The Counts seem to do a lot better now, and the dwarfs do a lot worse. It has a lot of knock-on effects.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Insurrectionist posted:

What kinda greenskin armies are people making with Grom campaings, I've pumped them full of Goblin Archers with a smattering of orcs to hold the line so far but honestly it's kinda not going great for the non-Grom armies. With the scrap upgrades + Grom's own army buffs they hulk out for him, but they're just really loving poo poo in my other armies. I need something better than Goblin Archers but I've been slacking on upgrading my armies because gently caress 4-turn global recruit. I mean I still win a lot from outnumbering my opponent but the AI is actually starting to field decent stuff now.

Did the huge + armor piercing arrows food make it to the live build by the way or was it dunked on after beta shenanigans?

Eearly on get regeneration and physical resist in your cauldron to make all your gobbos into tanks and then actually kill stuff with trolls and pump wagons

Later on, still do this but add better trolls and maybe a spider or two

The fanatic special ability is really good and if you get 3 stacks to use it on an enemy stack it basically deletes the enemy stack immediately

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 23, 2020

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

TheHoosier posted:

I think I'm experiencing a bug in the Grom Vortex campaign: I can't complete the Hag's cooking challenge that uses Murky Stuff + 2 ingredients. I've used every combination of those recipes that I can. She has also stopped showing up at all, so I can't do a different challenge.

You need the stunty ale as the third ingredient.

Here's the cheat sheet for the recipe quests.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/594570/discussions/0/2250056952650081828/

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Ravenfood posted:

Maybe its an issue with him being Legendary? I wonder if Franz getting wiped out means the Golden Order can't revive him either.

I know you can revive other factions, because my last Empire campaign I tended to revive factions in a single minor settlement while I took the rest of their lands.

The territory gelt starts out in is the former province of Solland, which was razed and depopulated by Gorbad Ironclaw. Its Runefang was also lost. As far as I can tell the Empire can only restore 'proper' electors for its mechanics, and the Golden Order don't count

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Fuligin posted:

The territory gelt starts out in is the former province of Solland, which was razed and depopulated by Gorbad Ironclaw. Its Runefang was also lost. As far as I can tell the Empire can only restore 'proper' electors for its mechanics, and the Golden Order don't count

Wasn't Gelt an alternate LL choice for Reikland originally, to boot?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

A thing I was recently wondering about because I saw a battle replay just now with Aranessa VSea and she routed like a normal human unit, and I thought why isn't like this with necromancers as well? Wouldn't that make more sense? As far as I am aware necromancers, while they are corrupted they aren't really mindless, relentless, unbreakable undead, they're what's holding the creatures that are like this together.

It got me thinking a bit more about the rest of the undead rosters, particularly Vampire Counts and whether really all of their units really should be the mindless undead that are subject to crumbling mechanics. It kind of seems like a relic of game 1 a bit where they were a bit more careful with their special mechanics and abilities and seem to have decided that if the Vampire Counts as a faction were going to have a crumbling instead of routing mechanic this should apply to every single unit on the roster for the sake of simplicty and completeness.

But now that I'm thinking about it I'm not really sure it should. Vampires aren't mindless, they seem to have lots of emotions, many very human ones, but as weird unnatural creatures they are twisted, but I'm pretty sure they are still able to feel fear and don't crumble away like a reanimated skeleton, they seem more like they should either just have very high leadership and immune to psychology and work normally or be straight up unbreakable in a few cases (Blood Dragons?). Are the fell bats mindless, reanimated undead or creatures of the night that the vampires command, I think it's the latter, and the Varghouls and Vergheists also are supposed to be degenerate vampires or something like that and might honestly probably be better represented along the lines of other feral creatures that can break normally and maybe even be subject to rampage.

Just some things I got thinking about, not entirely sure how it was in the old army books, but it feels like differentating a bit between mindless undead, vampires, mortal humans and "creatures of the night" would make the Undead factions a bit more interesting (and also potentially you'd have units like undead warhound units not always being immensely superior for the simple fact that they exist in a roster that crumbles instead of routing) going into game 3 where we are very likely to see armies conisting of a mix of units taht behave normally as regards leadership and other units that are instead subject to "daemonic instability".
Also lore of Vampires casters should have a more powerful leadership aura that applies only to mindless undead, who should have a lower base leadership stat, to make those types of units more dependent on those casters and less capable of independent action (unless accompanied by a lore of Vampires caster) without crumbling, and invocation of Nehek should only be able to be used on mindless undead (or at least only be able to resurrect mindless undead), which would be a nerf to Blood Knights (but they'd be somewhat buffed, though not to completely compensate, outside of this by no longer being mindless undead and having very high leadership).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

smug jeebus posted:

Is anyone seeing an issue with armies starting the turn at 66% of their movement remaining? It seems like it might have something to do with the March stance, but it wasn't an issue until like turn 65 of my campaign.

I have had this exact problem pop up as Grom since early in my campaign. Anyone else have reduced move distance after coming out of a march stanced turn