Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Zeta Acosta posted:

Wildest rumour so far: Elkman wants to sign Toto Wolff to Ferrari

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...article-details

lol they publish any old poo poo on the Italian motorsport.com site. It's like a loving tumblr blog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

LeeMajors posted:

Any particular list of low-key legendary races to look for on youtube that are either super fun or very relevant to the overall F1 zeitgeist?

USA 2005, Imola 94, most of the baku races, a supercut of the 2016 season, Jerez 97. All of 86? I've never seen the 86 season.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Ferrari have caved and accepted the lower budget cap

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
RIP Ferrari

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

They never scored.

(points)

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

LeeMajors posted:

Any particular list of low-key legendary races to look for on youtube that are either super fun or very relevant to the overall F1 zeitgeist?

The first gp2(f2) race at Baku is worth a watch its just pure clownshoes.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

td4guy posted:

Just check out this playlist on the official F1 Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfoNZDHitwjXSniIQHvZPchn056vJq_Dn

The full 2018 US GP is on there. Worth a watch for sure!

I think that was the one that was so boring I switched over to antiques roadshow after 15 laps

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the corona quid posted:

I think that was the one that was so boring I switched over to antiques roadshow after 15 laps

Antiques roadshow ftw.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

track day bro! posted:

again i love how people here put themselves above redditors, when this was the forum with pedo mods, people making GBS threads on gamecubes, creating ziplines to kill mutliple children, getting their skull crushed by their own truck and instead of going immediately to hosipital posting about it, commiting mass murder, injecting so many drugs and then fell asleep ontop of their arm for so long that it needed to be amputated, buying a 9000 dollar gaming computer whilst living in a rotting trailer with their children, the mod who decided to build the worst house ever, the mod who couldn't shut the gently caress up about beef jerky, I could make this post waaaaaay longer but you get the point but somehow SA is better than reddit because?

yes

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

the corona quid posted:

15 whole laps? An unusually good race for that season then

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

Ferrari have caved and accepted the lower budget cap

ferrari will run indy

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

track day bro! posted:

again i love how people here put themselves above redditors, when this was the forum with pedo mods, people making GBS threads on gamecubes, creating ziplines to kill mutliple children, getting their skull crushed by their own truck and instead of going immediately to hosipital posting about it, commiting mass murder, injecting so many drugs and then fell asleep ontop of their arm for so long that it needed to be amputated, buying a 9000 dollar gaming computer whilst living in a rotting trailer with their children, the mod who decided to build the worst house ever, the mod who couldn't shut the gently caress up about beef jerky, I could make this post waaaaaay longer but you get the point but somehow SA is better than reddit because?

It's all seems very subjective at first but you could argue that when SA found out about a pedophile moderator, the overwhelming consensus was "that's disgusting, call the police". Whereas when that prolific moderator on reddit that was very publicly running r/deadsexykids or whatever got called out the reddit owners and userbase was up in arms defending him with "look I'm not a pedophile but... free speech?" until SA users got news channels involved.

Reddit, like 4chan, was started by people who were angry about not fitting in on Something Awful. Like just imagine how loving terrible those people must be to have been driven out of this place. Lowtax is harmlessly incompetent with a broken back whereas the reddit owners are alt-right shitheads desperately sucking up to China and engaged in full-on censorship.

Also upvotes are a loving poo poo idea because it means any post like this that isn't mindlessly positive about anything gets brigaded into nothingness whereas on SA you have to read my terrible opinion that you hate whether you want to or not. And paid :10bux: for the privilege. But that at least means you get an alternative viewpoint once in a while.

Also, THE loving THREADS ARE UNREADABLE. This is not just old-man grumbling either it is ACTIVELY bad, like holy poo poo could you invent a stupider format if I gave you 5 years and all the :catdrugs: you could take?

Also awards are poo poo, SA emotes are good

Also, every 3rd post on SA doesn't devolve into people writing the lyrics of bohemian rhapsody one line at a time and wanking each other off because "lol look at us we all know popular culture".

Also there are people IN THIS VERY THREAD that have the talent to photoshop/render liveries on various Formula 1 cars and they don't do it because it's loving boring and stupid.

So in conclusion yes SA is way better than Reddit. Like it's not even close.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

It's all seems very subjective at first but you could argue that when SA found out about a pedophile moderator, the overwhelming consensus was "that's disgusting, call the police". Whereas when that prolific moderator on reddit that was very publicly running r/deadsexykids or whatever got called out the reddit owners and userbase was up in arms defending him with "look I'm not a pedophile but... free speech?" until SA users got news channels involved.

Reddit, like 4chan, was started by people who were angry about not fitting in on Something Awful. Like just imagine how loving terrible those people must be to have been driven out of this place. Lowtax is harmlessly incompetent with a broken back whereas the reddit owners are alt-right shitheads desperately sucking up to China and engaged in full-on censorship.

Also upvotes are a loving poo poo idea because it means any post like this that isn't mindlessly positive about anything gets brigaded into nothingness whereas on SA you have to read my terrible opinion that you hate whether you want to or not. And paid :10bux: for the privilege. But that at least means you get an alternative viewpoint once in a while.

Also, THE loving THREADS ARE UNREADABLE. This is not just old-man grumbling either it is ACTIVELY bad, like holy poo poo could you invent a stupider format if I gave you 5 years and all the :catdrugs: you could take?

Also, every 3rd post on SA doesn't devolve into people writing the lyrics of bohemian rhapsody one line at a time and wanking each other off because "lol look at us we all know popular culture".

Also there are people IN THIS VERY THREAD that have the talent to photoshop/render liveries on various Formula 1 cars and they don't do it because it's loving boring and stupid.

Upvoted.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

i didnt read any of that

#essereFerrari

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Reddit is intensely, overwhelmingly bad, worse than SA in literally every way, and that is not intended to imply that SA is good at all.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

your friend wicka posted:

Reddit is intensely, overwhelmingly bad, worse than SA in literally every way, and that is not intended to imply that SA is good at all.

Pretty much this. Can we talk about F1 again?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Pragmatica posted:

Can we talk about F1 again?

Ew, no.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pragmatica posted:

Pretty much this. Can we talk about F1 again?

Sounds like something Reddit would do

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

this is the worst thread but it's still better than Reddit

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

Lol I blocked you because you were mean about Ferrari so I didn't have to read this 🤪

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

SA is good because you guys post here. :shobon:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Unironically this is the only thread left on SA I read. I cherish every post made in here

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Sounds like something Reddit would do

:negative:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Reddit is the epitome of an echo chamber. Worse than that, it's success means anything replacing it will inevitable follow it's template, and has ergo made all of human discourse and interaction online worse as a result.

This is APPARENTLY the F1 thread, so I will use an example.

I posted 3 times to r/formula1 and got banned from the sub.
The two other posts were shadow-banned after receiving negative votes.

They were posts critical of Vettel.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Disturbed to learn that there are posters here who might photoshop different liveries on f1 cars. Only inhuman monsters would even consider such acts.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

Reddit is the epitome of an echo chamber. Worse than that, it's success means anything replacing it will inevitable follow it's template, and has ergo made all of human discourse and interaction online worse as a result.

idk bud, I've never ventured into the politics subforum here but from what I gather unless you're a full on Marxist you're gonna have a bad time. Seems pretty echo-chambery to me.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

idk bud, I've never ventured into the politics subforum here but from what I gather unless you're a full on Marxist you're gonna have a bad time. Seems pretty echo-chambery to me.

Yeah but Marx is good and Vettel is bad

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

NtotheTC posted:

lol that you decided to make this post in the hopes that I would actually read it even after i called you an 'epix failaids wall of text tedious realposter'

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
my main point was that reddit is relatively successful in what it does compared to sa which is dwindling slowly into obscurity and goons get butthurt about it when you point this out

remember when obama posted an ama on reddit? also do you remember when lowtax got some lovely 'edm' person to mod gbs until they got bored and hosed off

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Ferrari are good friend, Vettel merely rode the transitive property.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

my main point was that reddit is relatively successful in what it does compared to sa which is dwindling slowly into obscurity and goons get butthurt about it when you point this out

remember when obama posted an ama on reddit? also do you remember when lowtax got some lovely 'edm' person to mod gbs until they got bored and hosed off

Reddit proclaims to be the front page of the internet, which is objectively bad on two fronts. One: it's objectively false and two: front pages are not a good place to get information from.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Fark also called themselves the front page of the Internet.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

As much as I sympathize with the Marxists the viewpoints of that subforum seems to be entirely based on their own personal living conditions and if you aren’t willing to live exactly like they do and think exactly like they think then you’re apparently supposed to be guillotined.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

the something awful forums don't even HAVE a front page- clearly better.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

Reddit proclaims to be the front page of the internet, which is objectively bad on two fronts. One: it's objectively false and two: front pages are not a good place to get information from.

i have an account but i don't really enjoy the interface, i wouldn't bother browsing the f1 topic becasuse i'm sure it's like this thread where you get fucktarded americans from lovely flyover states comparing nfl players to formula 1 or whatever and also trying to explain how le bronse james would have been the best formula 1 driver ever if he hadn't taken up baseball or whatever

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the last dance was a cool doc and i felt sorry for jerry krause

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

the something awful forums don't even HAVE a front page- clearly better.
If you don't use https://www.somethingawful.com/ to find hot new threads to read, what are you even doing on this website??

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Reddit is the Sebastian Vettel of internet posting, whereas SA is more like Jos Verstappen in that very few people born after the 90s are even aware it exists, and those who are only know about it because of its more successful offspring. I guess that would make 4chan the equivalent of Max.

There is no Lewis equivalent as the internet is inherently #Unblessed.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

jazzyhattrick posted:

There is no Lewis equivalent as the internet is inherently #Unblessed.

grindr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

NtotheTC posted:

:emptyquote: