Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

TheHan posted:

This week has had, what I think, are some of the worst jokes in the series. They feel like the jokes of a man who doesn't want to be here.

Louie looks like a placeholder sketch that never got replaced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Thank god we had that reaction panel so we can see Snout's stupid rear end face. I bet this comic would be half as long if you cut all the stupid 8O reaction panels out of it.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I will be honest, I'm delighted by the concept of an "all-knowing garbage man"* and the way it came completely out of nowhere. It has nothing to do with any of the previous comics and it will never be mentioned again and that kind of owns.

*good alternate title for Dominic Deegan classic.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
what was the context for dwarf nut punch anyway

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Fister Roboto posted:

What the gently caress is the point of any of this?

Mookie wanted a little comedy to break up his "serious plot."

Nevermind that the stakes are so low nobody even knows what they are. Find Dominic Deegan's legacy and maybe share it with everyone or maybe not, who knows?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I honestly feel insulted on behalf of the deaf and mute.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
How'd he get his book back? Did he retrace his steps and pick it up from where he threw it at/near the potion seller that he may or may not have paid, passing by the cyclops whose rear end he rammed into?

Edit: My apologies, it was a triclops - totally original.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

DamnitGannet posted:

Just caught up in this thread and wow this really is a lovely comic!!

The candor of this post really made me laugh.

It inspired me to archive trawl (there are 135 loving comics in legacy!) It took about 15 minutes. Reading it all at once it really stands out how we're loving nowhere with this. Since July of last year:

Inkwich smashed Snout's house in her spaceship
Snout performed a fetch quest for the pagefinder
Snout walked to Mongreltown
Inkwich joined him
They met Arudak
He runs around town drinking ear cleaner like a dumbass

And during this he got his dick out a bunch of times.

That's it. We're nowhere with this.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

At this rate it'll be 200 years before we find out what happened to Dominic Deegan.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
And nothing comes of him maybe finding something to cure his major disability :V Ffffffffffffffuuuuuuucccccckkkkkkkkkyyyyyyyyyyooooooouuuuuuu

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

what was the context for dwarf nut punch anyway

After Dominic and Luna got married, Mookie wrote them traveling around the world to see a bunch of his lovely worldbuilding.

For more than a year.

One of the places they went was halfling island where they drank beers and saw hot halfling women with huge knockers:

The "context" for dwarf.jpg is just the comic before it where the Jets and Sharks dwarves and halflings have a dance fight advancing toward one another while rhythmically snapping their fingers and Dominic, as ever, thinks it's his place to butt in the middle of this and gets punched in the balls.

We had never seen dwarves before and never see them again afterwards. Halflings either.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

It wouldn't be a Luna moment if she didn't have some insecurity or inferiority complex on display.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i forgot how much i couldn't stand the way he drew faces in profile

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Libra posted:

I will be honest, I'm delighted by the concept of an "all-knowing garbage man"* and the way it came completely out of nowhere. It has nothing to do with any of the previous comics and it will never be mentioned again and that kind of owns.

*good alternate title for Dominic Deegan classic.
:hmmyes:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

This comic is the anti-please-forgive-me!!!

I can think of no greater insult.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jayme posted:

How'd he get his book back? Did he retrace his steps and pick it up from where he threw it at/near the potion seller that he may or may not have paid, passing by the cyclops whose rear end he rammed into?

Edit: My apologies, it was a triclops - totally original.

Yeah my first reaction to this was "oh his book magically re-appeared"

Mookie are you reading this loving forum gently caress you

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Folks, I love the signs that follow snout around.

My headcannon is that the inkwitch is trolling him. I think it makes the comic more entertaining and it gives a canon explanation for the set-up payoff signs that otherwise would be illogically placed.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Miss posted:

i forgot how much i couldn't stand the way he drew faces in profile

One time I put one of the faces into paint and just flipped the nose upside down and it looks so much loving better it is unreal. I don't think I've ever seen an artist where literally rotating a facial feature is an improvement. For Snout at least though I think it works, because of the.....snout. On an actual human it's hideous.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Safari Disco Lion posted:

One time I put one of the faces into paint and just flipped the nose upside down and it looks so much loving better it is unreal. I don't think I've ever seen an artist where literally rotating a facial feature is an improvement. For Snout at least though I think it works, because of the.....snout. On an actual human it's hideous.

The comic is so bad, for a significant period of time during the Eldariat to die arc, goons started editing the comics so the panels were in the reverse order, and every time, it made it more coherent.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheHan posted:

This week has had, what I think, are some of the worst jokes in the series. They feel like the jokes of a man who doesn't want to be here.

:gbsmith:

Alright, we've had a week of Snout running around like an idiot. His head is clear now.

....So next week will be naked dream time.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Drunk Theory posted:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Complete list of things of material significance that have happened since the comic started:

1) Snout's house got blown up.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Complete list of things of material significance that have happened since the comic started:

1) Snout's house got blown up.

He also killed a sapient plant.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've just been reminded of how good The Mask was. Remember how The Mask had a relatively serious story underneath layers of weird Looney Toons poo poo? It could go straight from an insane dance number to a guy trying to comfort his badly injured friend only for said friend to die, then straight back to the insane dance number... and it actually worked and was good and it didn't feel like the writer just getting distracted by a random thought.

I would kill for this to just turn into The Mask.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"The Mask" is such a great movie. It's got a really interesting director's commentary track, too. When Stanley throws the mask out the window and it boomerangs back in, Carrey is throwing out their only mask prop. They didn't have a backup since they shot it for $18 million. To avoid losing it, they stuck fishing line and gum on the inside of it and when it returned they simply played the footage in reverse. I'd seen the movie a million times and didn't notice til it was pointed out, so I guess it's pretty seamless.

It is not at all like this comic.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Jesus, how much money did that prop cost?!

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Been going through star power and while it definitely suffers from Mookie writing, ti's less noticable with the art. Then you hit the intermission comic.

That face in panel 2.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I also love drifting aimlessly through space while blushing

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That is definitely the "oh hell yeah my fart smells HORRIFIC" face.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Who What Now posted:

Jesus, how much money did that prop cost?!

It's not specified in the commentary track, but probably a normal amount. The film's from 1994 and was one of the first to make extensive use of computer animation, which was where the bulk of the budget went.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Drunk Theory posted:

:gbsmith:

Alright, we've had a week of Snout running around like an idiot. His head is clear now.

Interesting thought...what if instead it was more stupid jokes? Just an endless parade of pointless garbage?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

how do you fly with only one wing

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Mors Rattus posted:

how do you fly with only one wing

really badly, which is why there's a wiggly motion line i think in the last panel? the motion isn't conveyed very well

mookie's writing continues to be very unique, in a fascinating way

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

the line represents this entire comic's pacing and direction

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It’s a line graph about my enjoyment of roasting this comic.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Are we sure it's not stink lines?

My god, it's just the pen tool on paint. My shops look better than this comic.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Miss posted:

really badly, which is why there's a wiggly motion line i think in the last panel? the motion isn't conveyed very well

mookie's writing continues to be very unique, in a fascinating way

I find it...interesting, that when the joke's supposed to be that the mongrel's flying wonky from the stench, that Mookie would also only give him one wing. It's super minor but also the one element he could add that muddies the joke a bit.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

panel 2: Mongrelfolk is on Snout's right
panel 4: He's moved to Snout's left and has Roger Klotz eyes. Interior of wing scalloped
panel 5: Skeeter Valentine eyes, nose morphs from cone to Berenstain bears foot
panel 6: Horn and claws on right hand disappear, nose changes shape again so he can grab it. Interior of wing morphs to smooth.

Just terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
That is not even a gag. That's just, Snout bumps somebody, he stinks, they fly off.