Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Applewhite posted:

Shots fired, Korra and Asami.

I will remember that big ol' gay smooch for the rest of my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Between this and Dragon Prince we've had some top flight main character smooching.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I feel like I saw a few 'gently caress you Netflix' about this before when I was first reading through the thread

https://twitter.com/adultswim/status/1263870645743636482

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I hope we see something with some guys getting in on that soon. With other guys, I mean. Not Catra and Adora.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Give us He-Man you cowards

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Netflix already has two He-Man things lined up, so a third would probably be overkill. Even if it would likely be the best of them.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
At this point the only He-Man I want is the desperate rear guard action against Horde Prime, fighting to get this infant child to a specific location so she can be portaled to safety.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

The_Doctor posted:

I hope we see something with some guys getting in on that soon. With other guys, I mean. Not Catra and Adora.

Yeah I know I'd have a much better relationship with my sexuality now if I'd had a single positive and healthy example of a gay romance growing up, instead of endless amounts of casual homophobia.

Make he man and skeletor kiss, is what I'm saying. "Don't you get it Adam? I love you, I always have, ha ha ha ha!"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Skeletor loves only one Skeletor and it is Skeletor.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I want Skeletor and Wrong-Hordak to meet and smooch.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

The only time Skeletor ever truly feels love is when Double Trouble invades his army and pretends to be a minion who is almost one to one a reflection of himself. poo poo goes south however after Skeletor finally promotes him above all other minions to his right hand and realizes that he hates the sound of his own laugh.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I would have loved to have seen Skeletor as a disconnected Horde Prime clone who went completely native, embraced magic, and tried to conquer Eternia in his own name.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

tsob posted:

Netflix already has two He-Man things lined up, so a third would probably be overkill. Even if it would likely be the best of them.

And one of them is going to be done by Kevin Smith so... yay?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Dawgstar posted:

And one of them is going to be done by Kevin Smith so... yay?

It's also being done by Marc Bernardin, who seems to be a far more talented writer and have less prediliction for toilet humor. Which is about the only reason I'm excited for it.

That aside, while I saw some He-Man growing up, it was never something I was particularly fond of by any stretch, so contrary to popular opinion I'm not all that bothered that Skeletor have a given laugh or personality. All I care is that he be able to dance. If He-Man and Skeletor go dirty dancing, then all the better. Bonus points if that little kid follows Skeletor at some point, just to smug it up at He-Man.

tsob fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 23, 2020

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Applewhite posted:

Shots fired, Korra and Asami.

I remember having a screening to watch the finale with friends and it was a room full of whooping and cheering as Korrasami was made canon.

BUT NOT AS CANON AS CATRADORA I WISH I COULD'VE HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE LIVE

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Artelier posted:

I remember having a screening to watch the finale with friends and it was a room full of whooping and cheering as Korrasami was made canon.

I'm imagining a watch party where people absolutely lose their poo poo and it's beautiful

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm imagining a watch party where people absolutely lose their poo poo and it's beautiful

The She-Ra panel at NYCC last year where they premiered the first episode of season 4 was nuts.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Artelier posted:

See also: Princess Bubblegum and Marceline.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was still on the Catra is irredeemable train until she was able to finally admit to herself and us that she loved Adora, and then I was "She better survive so they can kiss!".

It was hard seeing Scorpia and Myrmista evil.

Having Horde Prime being like Mr Sinister, who lives in a palace full of clones of himself was great, and super creepy. But Wrong Hordak and actual Hordak made it, which Entrapta is going to be happy about.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I kinda wonder how they'll resolve Wrong Hordak and Hordak both being... a thing?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

I kinda wonder how they'll resolve Wrong Hordak and Hordak both being... a thing?

I mean, they now have several thousand Horde Prime clones on Etheria undergoing catastrophic identity crises, sooo...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Motherfucker posted:

Harem Anime with Entrapta and all the Horde Prime clones.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Harem Anime with Entrapta and all the Horde Prime clones.

That's just science.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I keep going back and forth between being ecstatic over The Kiss and really sad that we don't have this series in our lives anymore :smith:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Watch the whole thing all over again!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Watch the whole thing all over again!

:aaaaa:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I wish we could list as many fellow x gentlemen kisses as we could lesbian ones itt. I worry a lot that media will only ever show the least possible amount of queerness and how it skews perceptions on acceptability. It's no secret that to a cisgender-hetrosexual audience that men kissing is more likely to get the 'phobes out than not.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Part of me wished that the 2011 ThunderCats series could be folded into this if only because I thought that show deserved a second chance and the techno fantasy stuff could mesh.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Xelkelvos posted:

Part of me wished that the 2011 ThunderCats series could be folded into this if only because I thought that show deserved a second chance and the techno fantasy stuff could mesh.

That show had a sad story. Came out of the gate hot, but then got shuffled around at random, got a weak toyline and was part of CN's move away from action shows.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chokes McGee posted:

I keep going back and forth between being ecstatic over The Kiss and really sad that we don't have this series in our lives anymore :smith:

Harley Quinn has got some good kissin' going on in it now.

T-man posted:

I wish we could list as many fellow x gentlemen kisses as we could lesbian ones itt. I worry a lot that media will only ever show the least possible amount of queerness and how it skews perceptions on acceptability. It's no secret that to a cisgender-hetrosexual audience that men kissing is more likely to get the 'phobes out than not.

Yea, Seahawk and Bow not ending up together was a missed opportunity. I mean they could have at least had a one night stand that both were cool about.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

That show had a sad story. Came out of the gate hot, but then got shuffled around at random, got a weak toyline and was part of CN's move away from action shows.

Didn't CN ultimately kill it so they could run Legends of Chima, which was Lego Brand-X Thundercats?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MechaCrash posted:

Didn't CN ultimately kill it so they could run Legends of Chima, which was Lego Brand-X Thundercats?

That was apparently the final nail in the coffin, yeah.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Rae Geiger has been answering questions on their Tumblr page about She-Ra and explained that they and another artist were responsible for Scorpia/Perfuma, originally as a cute joke. One of the things they designed was a theoretical Scorpia/Perfuma baby and look at this.

This is the cutest thing I've ever seen :3: :3: :3:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Although the fact its clearly their biological child has some concerning implications...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Motherfucker posted:

Although the fact its clearly their biological child has some concerning implications...

It really doesn’t and it’s a bit weird you think it does.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, Seahawk and Bow not ending up together was a missed opportunity. I mean they could have at least had a one night stand that both were cool about.

Yeah. Cause the one thing you want to tie to a heavily non-het show is a little bit of cradle robbing.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Motherfucker posted:

It's not really concerning. There's magic in this world and even if one of them is trans, that's still not concerning, you weirdo.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

AlternateNu posted:

Yeah. Cause the one thing you want to tie to a heavily non-het show is a little bit of cradle robbing.

Aren't they... Basically the same age?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

cptn_dr posted:

Aren't they... Basically the same age?

I'd perceived Bow as 16-18 and Sea Hawk as being mid-20s for whatever reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

The show has a real problem with not making anyone's ages clear at all, which would be fine if they were all the same age, but they're not. Entrapta is in her late 20s, Sea Hawk and Mermista are mid 20s I think, and Netossa and Spinnerella are old enough to be married and have been part of the previous Princess Alliance. All while Catra, Glimmer, Adora, and Bow are actual teenagers. Frosta is the only princess visibly younger than anyone else.