Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

appropriatemetaphor posted:

What the best close range AR? I've been using the M13 just because I've almost got it golded but just want confirmation that i suck because of my gun choice and not because i just suck regardless.

yea if youre actually good at this game you can p much map out your SBMM by gun choice

m13 is hot in WZ right now, close range AR in MP i would say m4/grau if you want the quick n easy path

FAMAS if you have any semblance of style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

The only time I don't pick up tags is if it's a really rare map that everyone obviously wants to just grind stuff out on like Shipment or Shoothouse, which I think I've seen come up like...twice? in a couple hundred games. Everyone gets excited and just plays it like an extra-long TDM or something and I'll go along with it in that case because otherwise the game is over in like 5 minutes and you spend as much time readying / loading into the next map as you did playing anyway.

KC and Grind are a lot of fun though, yeah.

Speaking of the sawed-off 725, how much does that actually effect the range? Those little stat bars are inscrutable and in my experience so far don't even really match up at all with the actual performance so I can't tell what is even going on half the time. Like what does "lower bullet velocity" mean in a game where every engagement is inside 20 meters and bullet drop / speed is completely irrelevant? Why are there 4 different foregrips / optics that say they do the same thing but then have stat bars that differ by just tiny little slivers? I can't get a feel at all for how drastic the pros and cons actually are, especially when you factor in the player's involvement.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

ill admit if its shipment and im not playing a shipment playlist i dont bother to accelerate the objectives tbh. more of a gentlemans agreement at that point really. after a bunch of matches on realism watching these goobers get pasted against the wrong walls because theyre trying to play like ninjas, its nice to watch them cut loose

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

im in the discord looking for a couple to just gently caress around the regular MP playlists

ill p much play anything that isnt ground war

i just need some lead time to properly smoke myself stupid before beginning

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Kilo is a Good Gun

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

at this point the only AR i would say i p much definitely stay awy from is the FAL

if my self loathing ever increases itll be a viable option i guess

still need 20 longshot kills to gold the oden too jfc what a slog E: mainly bc camping is for losers that camp and i am a loser that runs around which is tbh, a good way to die w the oden

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
For the sawed off 725 I only use those barrels because it looks cool :cool:, no idea on the spread though. Shotgun method is just always be running full speed and crouch slide around corners and hipfire into whoever is there and it is pretty effective!

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Statutory Ape posted:

at this point the only AR i would say i p much definitely stay awy from is the FAL

if my self loathing ever increases itll be a viable option i guess

still need 20 longshot kills to gold the oden too jfc what a slog E: mainly bc camping is for losers that camp and i am a loser that runs around which is tbh, a good way to die w the oden

I’ve had some luck with the FAL on hardcore. Not as much luck on core or WZ, though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That’s three bunker EE completions today hell yeah

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

This is hypothetical because I've never played MP just to win since wz but if I was, it would be all mp7 all the time. I only play HC so there's no range it's not viable at

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

The fal is good and great with stopping power rounds

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Fal is nice in HC but lacks the power to be very good in WZ. Yes you can rack up kills with it but it's inferior to a full auto ar like the M13 or m4. There's a reason aimbots used to use it, you drat near have to hit every shot

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

drunken officeparty posted:

If you dont collect tags the game lasts longer and you can shoot more men

Oh thats fair. Duh. Well now im the rear end in a top hat shortening their game. poo poo.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
The FAL is my goto in HC maps with long sight lines. I dont care much for core and its not good in wz, but i dont play much of that either. The sks is another on ill use too, but i think its much better in core and wz.

E: i think its much better than the fal in core and wz. Complete sentences and staying in context are not my forte.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

How do tracer rounds work? This Nikto bundle has blue ones that apparently pubbies whine about because it's star war in their realistic shooter...which makes me want to get it.

What are the rounds tied to? Like how much of the gun can you change without losing the rounds?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Has there been anything regarding broken airstrikes

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

What the best close range AR? I've been using the M13 just because I've almost got it golded but just want confirmation that i suck because of my gun choice and not because i just suck regardless.

By usable DPS: RAM7 and the conversion-kitted M4s (9mm and .458). Followed by max-mobility builds for any of the heavy hitters (FAMAS, Oden, AK).

By utility: 5.56 M4. Has reasonably high DPS. Can still hit out to range okay.

M13 tends to lose between two equal shooters at close range and can only hang in there a little bit if you're beaming heads. But particularly if you're not 0per8tin in sweaty land yet, it is rare that your weapon DPS will decide an engagement. Usually somebody fucks up at an order of magnitude that makes the differences in weapon performance insignificant.

I really do like the M13 actually - the ability to hold even steadier than the Grau is really useful. Considering going back to it on a sort of 3.5x + low recoil / megarange build. But for now the Grau does everything I ever care about really well.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Has there been anything regarding broken airstrikes

I can't use em half the time in solo while I watch planes zip over my head all day. poo poo never hits anyway and UAV is always the better choice

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I guess I've been playing KC wrong this entire time, but also if an idiot on blue isn't collecting tags that just means the idiot on red collecting tags will pull ahead.

and also collecting the tags makes a nice sound.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Black Griffon posted:

and also collecting the tags makes a nice sound.

This is pretty much what drives me to play the game, all the little sounds

I’m not even joking they are addictive as hell

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.

priznat posted:

This is pretty much what drives me to play the game, all the little sounds

I’m not even joking they are addictive as hell

Sound of boxes and opening them in WZ.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

RAM-7.

Alternatively, just use an MP5.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

How do tracer rounds work? This Nikto bundle has blue ones that apparently pubbies whine about because it's star war in their realistic shooter...which makes me want to get it.

What are the rounds tied to? Like how much of the gun can you change without losing the rounds?

They are tied to the blueprint. You can strip the whole thing down and reconfigure the attachments however you want, as long as you start from that blueprint.

E: Also LOL at their "realistic shooter" with GI joe guy operators with skull masks and bear headdresses and poo poo hanging dangly keychain charms from their hot pink anime waifu guns and doing elaborate Mortal Kombat fatalities when they get the drop on each other.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 11:04 on May 24, 2020

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

codo27 posted:

I can't use em half the time in solo while I watch planes zip over my head all day. poo poo never hits anyway and UAV is always the better choice

Warning time should be half of what it is, it's only good for panicking people and the occasional hit, must day I'm really loving the shield on be solos when I'm playing just to piss people off.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

won my first gun game yesterday, it is a ridiculously fun mode

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Shot this guy through his rpg.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbWWdsWeG_Q

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
-Post not edit-

MonkeyLibFront fucked around with this message at 13:02 on May 24, 2020

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

lmao

like i said, gently caress aiming the RPG anyway

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
Plunder Quads is brilliant while it lasts but they need to adjust the cash drops. every game I've been in lasts ten mins tops, and the time spent actually playing vs waiting around in menus/loading screens is suffering

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Black Griffon posted:

won my first gun game yesterday, it is a ridiculously fun mode

Gun Game, more like Fun Game.

I have a problem in gun game where I pull out ahead in the early guns, see my name in first place, get in my own head and completely poo poo the bed for the last half of the round.

I need to learn to just not look at the leader box.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

toiletbrush posted:

Plunder Quads is brilliant while it lasts but they need to adjust the cash drops. every game I've been in lasts ten mins tops, and the time spent actually playing vs waiting around in menus/loading screens is suffering

Blood money speeds it up considerably

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Gun Game, more like Fun Game.

I have a problem in gun game where I pull out ahead in the early guns, see my name in first place, get in my own head and completely poo poo the bed for the last half of the round.

I need to learn to just not look at the leader box.

I have a problem where I completely poo poo the bed when I get to the launcher. just dogshit, I am.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Lol my poor teammate last game, got thirsted out of the air dropping in by a whole team shooting at him and only him also in the air. Wins his gulag and is killed by a helicopter dropping in. We buy him back immediately and he gets shot out of the air by a sniper. Buy him back again and later we are in a fight with another team we win easily but one of them managed to rpg him last second when he’s knocked. We buy him back again but it’s super late game at this point and we got pinched.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

a friend I play warzone with has said that the ghost perk is nullified by holding two primary weapons. Is this a Fact?

I have two loadout setups, one for the early game with overkill so I can just get my sniper/AR, and the second one with ghost for later in the round. The idea being I can get my guns and later have ghost, too.

I've been trying to find information about this but it's been surprisingly annoying to get anything for certain.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I think the SBMM has finally put me in with players who are as bad as I am. Had a good 10+ kill win earlier:

https://i.imgur.com/qir7AEn.gifv

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Surprised a cannabis plant ghillie suit hasnt been a cosmetic dlc yet

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Speaking of pubbies getting mad at tracer rounds, what are some good emblems / calling cards for harvesting rage mics? So far I've been using the Chinese flag and it's pretty good for getting people to start ranting about commies when they die but I feel there are more fruitful options out there.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Black Griffon posted:

I have a problem where I completely poo poo the bed when I get to the launcher. just dogshit, I am.

Yeah the launchers are tough, the angle I take with them is as soon as I see someone I start firing, by the time the drat thing actually fires, I try to have my crosshairs on them, sometimes I hit them dead on, sometimes they get taken out by the AOE, sometimes I miss, its a real crapshoot

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Speaking of pubbies getting mad at tracer rounds, what are some good emblems / calling cards for harvesting rage mics? So far I've been using the Chinese flag and it's pretty good for getting people to start ranting about commies when they die but I feel there are more fruitful options out there.

I use the take a knee badge but I haven't had anyone bite yet, doesn't help it's a white guy in the image. I haven't spent that much time looking at them but I don't think there's all that much you can trigger with besides the China flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Can’t say I’ve had anyone rage at my emblems or calling cards, but I’ve been running the Skirting Death anime girl in a skirt calling card and this animated bunny skull emblem. I also tend to put the pink topography or pink skulls camo on my weapons to be obnoxious. In capture objective games I’ll run this bright pink riot shield with red lips, tentacle with dagger, pin-up girl, etc. stickers applied to it. Although in the case of the riot shield I’ve gotten more complaints from my teammates than the opposing team - like why I’m running a bright pink camo on my shield in their tactical realism shooter. :downs: