Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Incidentally I like the art in this chapter a bit better than the art in the first two chapters. I’m not sure what that says about me, but it seems better somehow.

I also like this comic’s cocky rear end in a top hat version of X better than the pussy rear end bleeding heart Alan Alda rear end real version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Splicer posted:

Feels like there's a page missing here

Whoops! I've added it back in. Good catch, though I am slightly concerned that you're paying close enough attention to have caught it. Ain't healthy.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

This thread keeps making me think of David Gonterman. I thought that era of my life was over but no here’s a Brazilian Megaman titty comic making me remember terrible horny How to Draw Manga webcomics.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I. M. Gei posted:

Incidentally I like the art in this chapter a bit better than the art in the first two chapters. I’m not sure what that says about me, but it seems better somehow.

I also like this comic’s cocky rear end in a top hat version of X better than the pussy rear end bleeding heart Alan Alda rear end real version.

having had some distance from megaman x7, it's less that X was too much of a pacifist and more that he (correctly) realized that joining the factional infighting of some minor death squad was too stupid a plot to get involved in

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Edit - gently caress it, I'm skipping this chapter. Roll is a brain in a jar cyborg made by some black budget program that Wiley and Light were somehow involved with that kidnapped children off the street and experimented on them. Also the guards are wearing thinly veiled nazi uniforms with a Wiley armband on them because subtly does not exist in this garbage comic. This is all handeled exacrly as well as you think it would be by the writing/art teams.

ANYWAY BACK TO THE DUMB poo poo

Warbird fucked around with this message at 02:53 on May 24, 2020

Warbird
May 23, 2012

For those of you wondering if there was some sort of lead into a racing issue/episode and you missed it in the chapter I skipped, NOPE!

(It's a washing machine. Comedy is dead.) Also if any of you are wondering how Roll is alive and maybe the previous issue had some details that may have connected it to literally anything in this or any other issue, NOPE!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

This manifesto was sane compared to The previous ones. I guess he was just happy that the first four sold enough for him to get the publisher to do 3 more.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Why do her breasts always look like some unseen force is trying to rotate them? Maybe this is why they popped off whole when she blew up.

Elentor posted:

I have so many :words: about this subject but I've written enough about it in the mestizone thread, I'll leave it be.

Can you link the thread? I would be interested in reading these words.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

In the next episode: A whole lot of Brazil specific jokes

Edit: For those keeping count, that's 5 artists in 5 issues now.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Bass showing up for two panels just to call Megaman a loving imbecile is very good.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Warbird posted:

Edit - gently caress it, I'm skipping this chapter.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WARBIRD POST ALL OF THE CHAPTERS

I DON’T FEEL LIKE CLICKING THAT LINK I WANNA READ IT ALL IN THIS THREAD

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Okay, I was wondering why the art style seemed to swing all over the place between issues.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Akratic Method posted:

Can you link the thread? I would be interested in reading these words.

They are longer and rantier than the stuff that I usually write by a lot, but I'm referring to this post and the one right after. Again, warning, these are very ranty and not the kind of tone I'd post on GBS or other forums.

Unrelated to it, if you want something lighter, and to get some idea of how hard translating pt-br can be, here's a palate cleanser:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3879704#post498647515
That's a project we think will take us 5-7 years but I particularly enjoyed the challenges that translating that specific song poses and decided to post about it.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 24, 2020

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:

I. M. Gei posted:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

goons are drawn like moths to a flame by phrases like "this is terrible and you will gain nothing by seeing it yourself"

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

I. M. Gei posted:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Issue 4 is seriously a weird tonal shift grimdark thing about kidnapping kids to turn them into robots, so....yeah.... I dunno man. This establishes that Dr Light was involved in this scheme and decided it was terrible so he stole Roll and left. Perhaps this is what was supposed to cause him and Wily to be enemies? That would be continuity though and this comic ain't a big fan of that.

Roll's ability to be a brain / repair herself is sort of explained in that she is a "Lazarus Model" robot but what that exactly means / how it expresses itself changes all the time. The first time, she fixes herself manually. Now she's a brain that can be installed into other machines. Later, it will be a wolverine-esque healing factor, or something.

The little text in the margins on this one are part of the original text, by the way, not translator notes. Except that green one about X's nickname. I believe it's "Xis" in the original?

Some characters had name changes. Bass was called "Slasher" in this and Gutsman was "Killer" if I recall. We decided to revert these but now I'm wondering if that was the best idea or not. Shrug.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In typical Brazilian fashion, we don't get to see the entire series.

Post Issue 4!!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Light Gun Man posted:

Issue 4 is seriously a weird tonal shift grimdark thing about kidnapping kids to turn them into robots, so....yeah.... I dunno man.

And? So what? Goons see more hosed up poo poo than that for breakfast. This is the forum that spawned swap.avi for crying out loud! We can more than handle an uncomfortable comic book story.

Besides, it’s not like anyone is expecting anything in this comic to NOT be hosed up.

Again, I say to you: WARBIRD POST THE CHAPTER

Link some of the pages with :nws:/:nms: tags if you have to. I don’t care. Just post them. All of them.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I. M. Gei posted:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No censorship!

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Free Chapter 4!!

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Warbird posted:

Edit - gently caress it, I'm skipping this chapter. Roll is a brain in a jar cyborg made by some black budget program that Wiley and Light were somehow involved with that kidnapped children off the street and experimented on them. Also the guards are wearing thinly veiled nazi uniforms with a Wiley armband on them because subtly does not exist in this garbage comic. This is all handeled exacrly as well as you think it would be by the writing/art teams.

ANYWAY BACK TO THE DUMB poo poo
Dang, I was not expecting that turn of events, even implied. Its not a joke, is it?

All I had ready was a quip about 'wow, did Roll really get offed by budget discount samus-meets-airman, and the author's pet character is totally a that one dbz character with the distinctive hairstyle that I don't know cuz i'm not a fan.'

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Akratic Method posted:

Why do her breasts always look like some unseen force is trying to rotate them? Maybe this is why they popped off whole when she blew up.
In the second one the weird lines make it look like they're being rotated inwards.

RudeCat posted:

Free Chapter 4!!

Broken Bio Qlock
Mar 8, 2009
Nap Ghost

Elentor posted:

We as in Brazil. There was some... JP? American? Some comic we licensed and translated but halfway through the original comic died out and then... we just continued publishing it. As in we pretended nothing happened and made more of it on our own.

I used to own the first issue of a Street Fighter comic in Brazil, but I'm not sure its the same because I'm not sure it was in any way official. I believe it even featured an OC.

Creating unlicensed comics featuring whatever was popular back then was quite common in the late 80's-early 90's. I'm not surprised this exists.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I. M. Gei posted:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

check out this insane comic
okay except for the most insane parts we're gonna skip that

just
poast

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
lol

obviously i'm not against it since i worked on the translation and all. just sayin I understand OP's hesitation. it's not really the funny kind of messed up, other than on the meta level of "this is a mega man comic huh"

the argument about it is def building it up way beyond what it should be though. Princess is the real poo poo you want. And the last issue.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 11:24 on May 24, 2020

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Light Gun Man posted:

it's not really the funny kind of messed up, other than on the meta level of "this is a mega man comic huh"

funny is good but it is a side dish, an apertif, a lemon-scented towelette, to the main course of, "horrifically bonkers"

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:

Light Gun Man posted:

lol

obviously i'm not against it since i worked on the translation and all. just sayin I understand OP's hesitation. it's not really the funny kind of messed up, other than on the meta level of "this is a mega man comic huh"

the argument about it is def building it up way beyond what it should be though. Princess is the real poo poo you want. And the last issue.

and yet somehow, here is a forum of thousands who would argue goatse is "the funny kind of messed up"

also LET THE RECORD REFLECT that I'm ambivalent about whether or not OP shares #4; if you say it's bad it probably is, but i'm saying that kind of warning has never deterred goons from gooning

weed cat fucked around with this message at 11:53 on May 24, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

weed cat posted:

never deterred goons from gooning

how could we not

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

i'm here to gaze into the abyss until it asks me what the gently caress i'm looking at

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

we need this poo poo to get our burnt out limbic systems to react at all. It's like spicy food, you get the taste and keep adding more and then one day you're staring into the mirror wondering where it all went wrong as you rub ghost chillies into your eyeballs.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

lofi posted:

we need this poo poo to get our burnt out limbic systems to react at all. It's like spicy food, you get the taste and keep adding more and then one day you're staring into the mirror wondering where it all went wrong as you rub ghost chillies into your eyeballs.

av/post combo

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

i'm here for a long time, not a good time

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You all are about to be so unhappy when you get what you want

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Alright, we'll be doing Chapter 4. Due to the nature of the content I will not be embedding some pages of this chapter. If the subject matters of: child abuse, robocopping a kid, nude but obfuscated pictures of kids are troubling to you I would strongly suggest skipping this chapter. The authors are going for grimdark and do about as good of a job as you'd expect. You can click here to skip past this to next normal stupid chapter.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 26, 2020

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

May I have the mini-poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

TW: Child Abuse
https://i.imgur.com/9mpWM82[DOT]jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5bNO3cI[DOT]jpg