Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Oh gently caress yeah, clock town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My space station met an untimely destructive end last week so I took a break and now I'm building a spaceship, but I also made this, uh, vehicle:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Twisted Metal had more guns bragh

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Brawnfire posted:

My space station met an untimely destructive end last week so I took a break and now I'm building a spaceship, but I also made this, uh, vehicle:

Reminds me of a set I had when I was a kid.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Lego Zelda could incorporate a lot of the semi specialized pieces from both Castle and Pirates.

Windwaker may not have been the best Zelda but Tetra's pirate ship and the Red Lion would be kinda cool.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

EvilJoven posted:

Windwaker may not have been the best Zelda
The gently caress ?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Windwaker is the Fabuland of Zelda games.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

EvilJoven posted:

poo poo's gettin real up in here!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

EvilJoven posted:

Your opinions are the galidor of this thread

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Carbohydrates posted:

Fuckin' finally got these parts. Had an order from Lithuania take waaaaay too long. 1973 Buick Gran Sport!

Thanks to Nth Doctor, I have this thing sitting next to me, and... it is in strong contention for perhaps being my favorite car that I've made? I am just so excited about how it came out. It makes me very happy. Have some pics!

Yeah other than the Datsun this is the best one you’ve made. The lines are inspired.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Windwaker is good but Majora’s and/or BotW are better.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Windwaker is good but Majora’s and/or BotW are better.

:hmmyes:

Also, Skyward Sword didn’t happen

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
oh yeah one other thing, these photos turned out real poo poo so I'm gonna re-shoot this when I can, but here's all four of the noteworthy cars from Death Proof now:

L to R:
1) the Vanishing Point-style 1970 Challenger the girls are test driving during the climactic chase (my Challenger R/T recolored white, and also not an R/T anymore)
2) Mike's 1969 Charger he drives for most of the movie (mod of the official 1970 Charger set)
3) The girls' road trippin' 1972 Mustang Grande
4) Mike's 1971 Nova from the beginning of the movie

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

New Lego 18+ Crocodile Train Set;

Notice the new buildable train tracks, which will probably be used in the new rumoured monorail as well.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
$100 too. Not a bad price. I don't love that style of train. But I might need it.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

PriorMarcus posted:

Notice the new buildable train tracks, which will probably be used in the new rumoured monorail as well.

Oh wow, was not expecting this.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh poo poo new trains??

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I loving love trains. Hell yeah, give us more.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Are those rails a remake of part 3228a?

The size of the 'T' looks the same but I can't see the little teeth they used to have. If they're smooth now, that's super cool.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

I’m all about this new M for Mature LEGO.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

:(

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PriorMarcus posted:

Wouldn't exactly be a MONOrail if they used those tracks though, would it

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

The good news is it's going for $1.50 new on Bricklink

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

xzzy posted:

Are those rails a remake of part 3228a?

The size of the 'T' looks the same but I can't see the little teeth they used to have. If they're smooth now, that's super cool.

I was going to say it looks like the same piece, but I am thinking of 3228c that I didn't realize was a separately designated piece. Very excited for a monorail!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The Zelda takes itt are pretty :psyduck:

Next thing you tell me is that Minish Cap ain't one of the best portable Zeldas ever (only beaten by Link's Awakening, and maaaaybe Link between Worlds, but not by much). Ignoring remakes, of course.

And yeah, as I already said back when the Nintendo line was announced: Zelda Lego similar to the Minecraft-sets would sell pretty well, I assume. I'd be all over it. The Mario stuff is pretty ugly, imo...the Mario figure itselfs looks so uncanny valley....I have zero interest in it, and I'm a big stupid Nintendo nerd.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I’m all about this new M for Mature LEGO.
Oh yeah. If the sets are gonna be this good, then I'm okay with the inherent adult themes, drug use, and graphic violence that earned them the 18+.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I understand that Lego/Nintendo's take on Lego Mario is unique due to both Mario's unique space as icon of a franchise, company, and medium in equal order. And being without a unique, universal set or setting (Peach's castle), and pretty much no unique iconography that isn't a character or small scale, being inventive with the sets was probably necessary.

But I sincerely hope that if they ever get their hands on Zelda, they please for the love of god just give fans what they want. Minifigs, dioramas, and lego recreations of iconography.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gimme a metroid set

PriorMarcus posted:

what is the very front of the brown part made of? the part directly under the two 2x4 brown tiles. it looks like one big piece?

granted the image may be misleadingly blurry, but it looks like that's almost all a single piece. the parts between the three ridged sections seem like they're too thin to be individual pieces.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It looks like a 2x8 curved slope to me. I agree the slope at the very front where it transitions to vertical looks like a single piece but I can't imagine they'd do that. It could just be a jpeg artifact hiding the gap.

Something like this. Just you know, with everything fit together.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I hope it is out by father's day. I think there are still a couple unknown sets in the creator number range. Or I guess Lego M for mature.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The Bloop posted:

Wouldn't exactly be a MONOrail if they used those tracks though, would it

I'm not sure I see what the problem is.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/SeeAyyAreOh/status/1257163112613990400?s=20
https://twitter.com/glowyote/status/1257164188624932866?s=20

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
brb gonna bust out a bonk

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

brb gonna bust out a bonk

I miss the Mixels now, thanks

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
A neighbour gave my sons and I 6090 in the box....minus the instructions....and it's missing about 60% of the pieces....and the pieces that are there are very dirty....and chewed on.

It is a really nice thought and my sons love the pieces that are there (I cleaned everything up before they played with it, of course) but I just checked and this box is really sought after.

I can sell it and buy more LEGO with it, right? Give the neighbour a cut too, I would think.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
For sure. There's plenty of people who would be interested. It's often difficult to get old Lego sets which still have the boxes, especially for big sets like 6090. Back then Lego wasn't a collectors item like it is these days, so plenty of kids (or kids' parents) just threw out the boxes. I'm still a little bitter at my mum for throwing out all of my childhood boxes (thankfully not the instructions or Lego iself), I had 6286 and that's another really valuable box these days.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

PriorMarcus posted:

Is there a source for this (or RUMORED NEW MONORAIL?!?!). I never get to hear all the good news.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
All this talk about a new monorail made me think I was in the Simpsons meme thread for a second.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Brb need to submit something to Ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Apollodorus posted:

Brb need to submit something to Ideas

Are you.... submitting a Simpsons themed monorail???

1,000% would buy