Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I've decided to sell my Takara LG10 Arcee, complete with all accessories, instructions, and original box. I only ever transformed her once, from alt-mode to robot straight after opening her. This is the better-colored version of the Generations Arcee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Sorry about the basement problems, my friends water heater also busted and ruined a bunch of his comics. I don't wish moving on anyone, but at least you're making a good profit on your hard work?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i've lived in this town most of my life and i never realise there's a giant (well, a little over man-sized) soundwave knockoff hanging off the balcony of the local 80s bar. it looks like it's been there forever.

also very sorry to hear that rhyno. i lived in a house with chronic damp problems and i am still dealing with the health consequences from that, and still trying to get the mildew smell out of half of my possessions.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Open Marriage Night posted:

Still waiting on my Nemesis Prime, but I did pick up a Siege Ratchet from Walgreens because it looks like they’re going for $50 online.
That reminds me, for those of you who haven't seen it...

This is apparently the first repaint of ER Prime. It's not Nemesis Prime, it's Dead Optimus Prime.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It’s funny because my main complaint about ER Prime is that there is too much gray on him. This wouldn’t look bad, since his trailer turns into a bed for Optimus. What thirty to forty year old wouldn’t want a reminder of the cartoon moment that traumatized them?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Knormal posted:

That reminds me, for those of you who haven't seen it...

This is apparently the first repaint of ER Prime. It's not Nemesis Prime, it's Dead Optimus Prime.

I'm still skeptical that this is real. The bedspread was the only place to take a picture of it?

Edit: Possibly my last delivery at this address

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 09:13 on May 24, 2020

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Poor guy. Never knew SW had empurata...

I wonder if he used to be holding the guns and they just broke off?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
House with HUGE basement is not gonna be a good option after much reading. It's directly in a flood plane!

banned from Starbucks posted:

gently caress those people. ive had to deal with that same type of poo poo

We bought from an elderly man and his sons handled pretty much everything. The oldest was PISSED when they got caught. They paid but they pissed and moaned through the entire process.

Been pouring over listings for hours, I keep finding great options but no basements or large room spaces. My wife suggested we look at the option of buying a large shed for the backyard and convert it into a space for my crap. I've seen lots of backyard shed conversions so that's definitely an option.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Vaporware posted:

Sorry about the basement problems, my friends water heater also busted and ruined a bunch of his comics. I don't wish moving on anyone, but at least you're making a good profit on your hard work?

Yeah, having some issues with a leaky washing machine, a slow drain, and a roommate who *has* to do the laundry every 2 loving days. Mother fucker takes less showers then he does laundry.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Rhyno posted:

We bought from an elderly man and his sons handled pretty much everything. The oldest was PISSED when they got caught. They paid but they pissed and moaned through the entire process.
That sucks dude. A friend of mine had similar shenanigans and it seems that house ownership is just inherently a curse.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Unfortunately rentership is also a curse

We should probably forego possessions and live in wine barrels in the marketplace like Diogenes, but then this thread would probably get real slow

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We toured two houses today. Both were much closer to my employer. One was just okay. The other didn't have a basement but a LOFT where my poo poo could live. If it's still on the market in 3-4 weeks it will definitely be on the list.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

We toured two houses today. Both were much closer to my employer. One was just okay. The other didn't have a basement but a LOFT where my poo poo could live. If it's still on the market in 3-4 weeks it will definitely be on the list.

Ascend to the heavens, nerd room

Superman Shrine would fit better in the air anyways

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We passed by a house that still had the sign up for sale so we looked at it online and holy poo poo it was perfect so of course it was sold.

We shouldn't be getting ahead of ourselves, we still have a lot to do here before we can even list for sale but it's hard not to see what's out there.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I am SO PISSED at myself. I wanted to sell my Arcee, so I tried transforming it from robot mode back to car mode for the first time SINCE I GOT IT so I could take a photo of it all boxed up, and the right thumb cracked off like a G.I. Joe.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

We passed by a house that still had the sign up for sale so we looked at it online and holy poo poo it was perfect so of course it was sold.

We shouldn't be getting ahead of ourselves, we still have a lot to do here before we can even list for sale but it's hard not to see what's out there.

Call them up and offer a lil more than the previous people. If I ever learned anything from the Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase, it is that everyone has a price.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrChud posted:

Call them up and offer a lil more than the previous people. If I ever learned anything from the Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase, it is that everyone has a price.

Nah like I said, we're getting just a little ahead of ourselves. I'm not going to make an offer on a house I haven't even set foot inside of.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I am SO PISSED at myself. I wanted to sell my Arcee, so I tried transforming it from robot mode back to car mode for the first time SINCE I GOT IT so I could take a photo of it all boxed up, and the right thumb cracked off like a G.I. Joe.
I live in constant fear of taking mine out to play with it someday and just having discovered the thumbs having spontaneously popped off. It's so drat fragile.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

I'm still skeptical that this is real. The bedspread was the only place to take a picture of it?

Edit: Possibly my last delivery at this address

Where did you get the little fellas? I bet it wasn't BBTS!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
TCP gets most of my business.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Transbots' Gravestone looks tight.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

A few years ago I was dusting my Beast Wars stuff when I accidentally brushed my 10th anniversary reissue Dinobot off the shelf, and even though it was a short fall onto carpet as soon as he hit the floor the figure just exploded into about a dozen chunks and shards of gold plastic. If it's any consolation, I cringed and uttered "fuuuuuuck" the same as I did that day when I read your post just now.

I'm also belatedly really sorry about your house too Rhyno, that definitely sucks a lot harder :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

man, I remember getting voyager brainstorm, before the titans return one, getting home and taking it out of the box, and halfway through the transformation the entire shoulder just sheared right off the body.

condolences!

I also had the Soul of Chogokin Daizengar and Aussenseiter, and Daizengar took a dive off my old figure shelf before I got detolfs, and his foot just went flying across the room, the diecast metal snapping off the ankle. 300 dollar figure set, donezo. luckily I was able to sell it for close to what I paid to someone who had the means to fix it, but man, that was the biggest drat bummer.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 24, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I have a Thrilling 30 Jetfire I'm scared to take out of the box because I hear the pelvis likes to snap.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
My Studio Sentinel Prime just showed up, great toy. Really good paint and big and hefty for a voyager. Would recommend.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’ve broken maybe half a dozen really expensive toys and it never gets any easier. I usually take it as a message to stop buying for a while.

Rhyno posted:

TCP gets most of my business.

Same. I’m slowly weaning off TFSource and BBTS.

May I ask why not just have like an extra bedroom/office for the toys? Not enough space? It’s what I’m doing and it has worked out well, but this place is a reconverted duplex older than the Transcontinental Railroad so its dimensions can be weird.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Didn’t see any restock at Walmart, but I did find one out of three Netflix Ultra Magnus that didn’t have its box tampered with. I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but I prefer the darker colors to Siege UM’s damaged look.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

I have a Thrilling 30 Jetfire I'm scared to take out of the box because I hear the pelvis likes to snap.

My Takara one's wobblier than I'd like but it was okay last year

I still need to get around to repairing Quantron Afterburner though, one side of his canopy busted at the joint where it folds in half, and the repair part Maketoys sent me looks like it will do the exact same thing.

Sorry about your basement, Rhyno! I'm glad your stuff didn't get damaged.

Phy fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 25, 2020

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone know when that Fans-Hobby Minerva is going to be released? Are their dates accurate?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kinda want the KO mpm jazz but hes this weird white color instead of the silvery grey he should be

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Captain Magic posted:

Same. I’m slowly weaning off TFSource and BBTS.

I like BBTS the best but they're so drat slow now that I've been transitioning to TCP.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Keldroc posted:

I like BBTS the best but they're so drat slow now that I've been transitioning to TCP.

Yeah, I’ve never ever had a bad time with BBTS outside of slow shipping. They replaced my FT Hydra wholesale, no charge, when it broke on me on the forty day mark after I bought it.

But TCP is SUPER fast.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Keldroc posted:

I jumped off BBTS when I ordered something - I think it was Reflector - and not only did every other big toy have it before they got the order in even WalMart and Target did. I switched to TFSource, although I guess I should switch to TCP?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I might have to switch. I dunno. I'm not that annoyed with them YET. But I'm getting there.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
BBTS' customer service is second to none, but my FT Iceman still hasn't even hit Pile of Loot yet, and judging by Sheridan probably won't for another two weeks. People have had this thing forever, it feels like.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I use TFSource since they're based out of Vegas so shipping only takes around two days to get to me even with the cheapest shipping, BBTS is based out of the midwest so when they do eventually ship it takes like another week to make it to the west coast. They used to be notoriously bad about getting things late but have been a lot better for the last several years.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Anyone keeping up with "Transformers Bumblebee: Cyberverse Adventures"?

They just recreated a certain courtroom scene from the movie.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The Cyberverse cartoon has finished its run fully overseas and IMO the third season is the best Transformers show since Beast Wars, despite the frustratingly low production value.

(I don't care much for Prime).

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It is good, I also watched the last episode posted yesterday, the Quintessons are a bit too wacky though. No idea why they've kept Bumblebee in the title when he is barely in a lot of episodes now. Also a bit annoying that the Basics spoiled a lot about the series while the episodes were still being released to many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is my poo poo.
https://twitter.com/SDC_MisterJazzz/status/1265320263417241601?s=19