Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Elbaugh Tale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Lpzie posted:

curious for peoples opinions here. will elbaf be a more isolated arc without much baggage or will oda throw a lot of ingredients at it like wano has? there's the big mom angle which i might speculate means she'll make it out of this arc and we'll finish her arc over there but to drag a yonko through 3 arcs seems weird to me.
I'm thinking an important arc but one mmmmostly unconnected to how everything is converging with wano. Like there's no way Big Mom isn't mentioned and the consequences to what she did will be important, but I doubt Big Mom herself will show up again, for example.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dorry and Broggy make their triumphant return and join the Strawhats as a single unit.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Funky Valentine posted:

Dorry and Broggy make their triumphant return and join the Strawhats as a single unit.

Franky Creates a giant mech suit where Dorry and Broggy control the Legs and Franky controls the head, which together they pilot to do battle with San Juan Wolf

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Strelok604 posted:

Thinking about Toei dragon ball super-ing OP after Oda ends it makes me sad
Dragon Ball GT-ing, you mean.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Lpzie posted:

curious for peoples opinions here. will elbaf be a more isolated arc without much baggage or will oda throw a lot of ingredients at it like wano has? there's the big mom angle which i might speculate means she'll make it out of this arc and we'll finish her arc over there but to drag a yonko through 3 arcs seems weird to me.
Elbaf could be a small stopgap/breather arc like Zou was. It feels it would make sense as a smaller more isolated arc to set up whatevers next.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bisse posted:

Elbaf could be a small stopgap/breather arc like Zou was. It feels it would make sense as a smaller more isolated arc to set up whatevers next.

Buggy gets his rear end kicked after bitching about the Giants leaving for Luffy's crew

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Technically, Whole Cake and Wano are all part of a giant mega arc Oda labelled something like "The Four Pirate Emperors Arc" so I expect to see Shanks and Blackbeard play their parts before it's done and Luffy moves on to Laugh Tale/Void century stuff. But the ride is wiiiiiild.

Still, I really want Blackbeard to outlast the other Emperors and the Admirals and Im/The rest of the WG on the Final Boss scale. I might just kind of be boring, though. I dunno.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Official chap https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-piece-chapter-980/chapter/20584?action=read

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I want the next chapter to have a cut to the submarine where Law will be saying 'And Strawhat should be ignoring the plan and starting to rampage right about now'

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I like how even kid couldn’t keep up with strawhat tier insanity

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
On the other hand, going after Apoo puts him more in the Strawhat camp than most of their other allies.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Yeah but revenge trumps all plans

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I enjoyed Zoro's "Oh, gently caress them then" so much

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dr Subterfuge posted:

On the other hand, going after Apoo puts him more in the Strawhat camp than most of their other allies.

Chopper should really do something about Luffy's severely contagious case of the Can't-Stick-To-The-Plan Disease.

Oh Snapple! posted:

It's a real shame that Sanji wasn't there for the extremely rare case of being in complete agreement with Zoro while everyone encourages Luffy to ignore the stealth mission parameters.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gyges posted:

Chopper should really do something about Luffy's severely contagious case of the Can't-Stick-To-The-Plan Disease.

It's a real shame that Sanji wasn't there for the extremely rare case of being in complete agreement with Zoro while everyone encourages Luffy to ignore the stealth mission parameters.

He tries, but keeps getting distracted by candy.

They tried to pair up Luffy with Kid to try and mitigate his inability to stick to plans, but then Zoro showed up. Sanji showing up would just be overkill before we even get to the main event.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Oh Snapple! posted:

Sanji: "what are you idiots doing?"
Luffy: "they spilled oshiruko on purpose! "
Sanji, without knowing about Tama: "Oh, gently caress them then"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

What I think of when I see Apoo use his power:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fGw7WEvqZo

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Funky Valentine posted:

Chapter 1000 will be a special behind the scenes chapter where the actors who play the Strawhats candidly discuss the process of making a One Piece chapter, including some bloopers that were deleted from the pages.

I'd be down.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Libra posted:

Chapter 1000 will be a teaser for One Piece 2, the sequel to One Piece.

Two Piece

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Luffy already found the two piece and gave it to tons of villains already

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Professorjuggalo posted:

Luffy already found the two piece and gave it to tons of villains already

The real One Piece is the faces we punched along the way.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

What happens if a fishman eats a devil fruit?

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Strelok604 posted:

They become a fishman with a devil fruit like Vander decken, can’t swim but they can still breath underwater

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Strelok604 posted:

See also: Jack

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ArchCools/status/1264627603824087040?s=20

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

Dr Subterfuge posted:

See also: Jack

That was such an incredible reveal when he was laid out on floor of the sea. He can't swim but he also can't drown. It's one of those things that could be added up but the moment it happens was such a surprise.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I was sorta hoping that Apu would use some more weird attacks with his devil fruit, he pretty much did the exact same thing he did to Kizaru at Shabony almost a decade ago.

I also hope he did get chumped right then and there, I wanna see a meatier fights dangit!

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3It7izNFnEg

I really love these videos, they almost make chapter-less weeks better :allears:

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Scratchman Apoo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3It7izNFnEg

I really love these videos, they almost make chapter-less weeks better :allears:

Please do not post Ohara Librarian Artur videos without a warning. They are very psychically painful for me and I do not wish to be reminded of him at this time.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Can’t wait for the reveal of the next Yonko, Buggy D. Clown, after the defeat of Kaido.

Also the insane amount of firepower they’ve got to try to take down Kaido, I’ve loved just how off the scale Yonkou and their armies are when compared to anything short of the world government. And the world government could only deal with one Yonko at a time tops.

Real Cool Catfish fucked around with this message at 12:14 on May 27, 2020

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Wasn’t there some undercurrent plot about how the exams need to change because the association is too top heavy? I haven’t re-read it in years so I could be wrong

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

What, you now have to take an exam to become a pirate?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
My Pirate Academia

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
One Might.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
poo poo I thought this was the hxh thread.... what a hatsu luffy possess

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Monkey D. Luffy has the properties of both rubber and gum.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I'm gonna become the Hunter King!

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Luffy is a transmuter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007