Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
The best part about estimates is that things can only go so well, but things can go infinitely wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The interior isn't done and it still has to get tuned and pass MOT. So another 5 years.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

boxen posted:

It's funny to go watch the first few episodes of Binky, when they're talking about time estimates. I think they said their estimate was two years, but they might not have been serious.

In the first episode, they say the workshop will be Binky's home "for however many months it takes."

I think they were a tad optimistic with just "months."

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/CharlizeAfrica/status/1261045737460166657

also

https://twitter.com/tauriqmoosa/status/1261114766002655238

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Auction Sheet posted:

5mt, ac, odometer gone over mileage 1,031,854km, interior dirty and burns, steering wheel peeling, seats torn, studless tires, wheels scratched and peeling, air filter area tears, undercarriage surface rust, other dents scratches paint peeling surface rust

Not a normal cross-post for me but a one million km Land Cruiser, or for us US-types 641,164~ total miles. Hell yes.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Talk about sitting in the hot seat.

e: ^^ oh hell yeah

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum
New. Binky.

That is all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_X4M8c9kpM

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

This is your Saturday Zen.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3907195

This is very good

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

For sale, 120k swedendollars (about 12k usd).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sign me the gently caress up.

What does it have for an engine?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
More importantly, what does it have for a transmission / gearing ratios?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Looks like it's just a beetle body on a side by side chassis so it may function well

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Brian Scotto checking out cool cars at the Peterson Automotive Museum while it's closed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm5OIqbFaJo

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_ME_Four-Twelve

gently caress. If ever there was a thing that I wish Chrysler had followed through with, it's this.
https://jalopnik.com/the-chrysler-me-four-twelve-could-have-been-one-of-amer-1412737412

quote:

A stunningly gorgeous design. A mid-mounted AMG V12 with four turbos. Zero to 100 mph in 6.2 seconds. It's hard not to think "what could have been" when it comes to the 2004 Chrysler ME-Four Twelve Concept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsuwQKy_ivs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the best car in Midnight Club 3

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Got to drive a dream of mine at work today. (Only 300 feet or so)
Sorry for the blur. My phone camera is hosed.
74 tii

I never got the hype but I do now.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Preoptopus posted:

Got to drive a dream of mine at work today. (Only 300 feet or so)
Sorry for the blur. My phone camera is hosed.
74 tii

Nice! I was sitting beside one in traffic last night admiring it. That colour looks really good on those cars.

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007

That makes me happy in pants

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

shy boy from chess club posted:

Looks like it's just a beetle body on a side by side chassis so it may function well

Probably has 3x the HP and torque too.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

Preoptopus posted:

74 tii

Carmel? I did a job at Pebble Beach once and a Tii in this color with these wheels was parked in the lot every day. it was shockingly cherry.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

shy boy from chess club posted:

Yup, it's Beetle body on an Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000i UTV.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's less insane but it's still cool.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Yup, it's Beetle body on an Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000i UTV.

You should check out Nathan's Garage on YouTube. He's been working on a project where he puts an early 70's Beetle body on a BMW Z3 chassis.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I don't know if it's a foul to post your own car here but I just had these put on my Challenger 1320. I bought the reflective ones because the description said that it reflects artificial light like headlights. Had no clue they would look like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKe4sqi1xcQ

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I really like that effect.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Flyinglemur posted:

I don't know if it's a foul to post your own car here but I just had these put on my Challenger 1320. I bought the reflective ones because the description said that it reflects artificial light like headlights. Had no clue they would look like this.

That's sweet as hell. Where did you buy it?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It's ridiculous, but in all the right ways on a purple Challenger. Very nice.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

StormDrain posted:

That's sweet as hell. Where did you buy it?

I did a search on eBay and found a seller in Texas that sells all kinds of graphics like these. Same seller also uses Etsy and charges less for the same products.

I wasn't sure about spending the extra money for the reflective graphic instead of just the black one. the description said that it reflects with artificial lights like headlights or street lights. I decided to go with it anyway even though it was a little bit more expensive and figured that it would show up at night. When I went to go pick it up I was standing next to the car and it looked a dull gray and I was disappointed because I thought it was supposed to be black. I stepped away from the car to go pay the man who took care of that for me and I turned around and it was black. So it changes as you walk up to it and walk around it and it's some point you can hardly even see it. I will try to find a link to the place I bought it from but I'm not anywhere near that information right now.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Flyinglemur posted:

I realize now that it's a guy with a helmet on but at first I thought it was Pac-Man with two arms making the old-timey "fisticuffs" pose. Ala

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Flyinglemur posted:

I did a search on eBay and found a seller in Texas that sells all kinds of graphics like these. Same seller also uses Etsy and charges less for the same products.

I wasn't sure about spending the extra money for the reflective graphic instead of just the black one. the description said that it reflects with artificial lights like headlights or street lights. I decided to go with it anyway even though it was a little bit more expensive and figured that it would show up at night. When I went to go pick it up I was standing next to the car and it looked a dull gray and I was disappointed because I thought it was supposed to be black. I stepped away from the car to go pay the man who took care of that for me and I turned around and it was black. So it changes as you walk up to it and walk around it and it's some point you can hardly even see it. I will try to find a link to the place I bought it from but I'm not anywhere near that information right now.

Yeah please don't forget. Looks better than the one I just peeled off that didn't last a year. It was cheap and I did have low expectations though, not much is lost here. The downside is it came from Ukraine and took a month to get and he changed the designs. I thought I could roll through a bunch of them but oh well.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Imagined posted:

I realize now that it's a guy with a helmet on but at first I thought it was Pac-Man with two arms making the old-timey "fisticuffs" pose. Ala

It's a (super-)bee with a helmet!

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

StormDrain posted:

Yeah please don't forget. Looks better than the one I just peeled off that didn't last a year. It was cheap and I did have low expectations though, not much is lost here. The downside is it came from Ukraine and took a month to get and he changed the designs. I thought I could roll through a bunch of them but oh well.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SmagexityDezignz?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=633236411

The guy at the shop that put it on here immediately said "This is good quality" when we took them out of the tube.

Imagined posted:

Raluek posted:

It's a (super-)bee with a helmet!

YOU'RE BOTH FIRED! It's the Angry Bee logo that Dodge came out with in 2019 for the 1320 packs.

Bonus points because that is my odometer and I had to pull over to the side of the NYS Thruway to get the picture because of my timing.

If you love cars you owe it to yourself to look these up. Fastest NA factory car in the 1/4 mile ever. Demon transmission, Demon suspension, transbrake, line lock and all of the Demon Drag electronic timers and doo dads. And it only comes in automatic transmission because, well, Demon. This doesn't stop nearly everyone that sees it from saying "I'd never get it in automatic" and I'm like, sure that makes sense. Let's race then :)

I love cars but I come to these threads and usually stay quiet because I'm nowhere near the level of knowledge here - I just love cars. I've always had a Fun Car as my mode of transport but this is the first truly AI moment in car ownership - I own one of 95 Plum Crazy 1320s they made last year.

This is the first Dodge I ever owned and it is crazy how easy and comfortable it is to drive on a daily basis. It also has the MDS engine so on the highway it kicks down to 4 cylinders and I get almost 30mpg. But then you hit the DRAG button and your whole day changes.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I didnt know that A: Dodge discontinued the Demon, and B: That they give zero fucks and still offer such a drag-racing focused package. That thing is awesome.

Also, plum crazy is an amazing factory color. Nice car, duder.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I got together with my wife 6 years ago and brought my STi with me. My wife really struggled to drive it even though she can drive other manuals. Once I made the decision to get a Challenger I was looking hard at either the 1320 or the Shaker. My wife very nicely said, "it's your car so you can get whatever you want, but an automatic would be nice in case I have to drive it in an emergency." I test drove about 25 different cars in the year it took me to make my decision and the two main criteria were Fast and Comfortable (I'm almost 50 and the STi was starting to not be awesome in that department). So this met all of those criteria PLUS it's an automatic plus it's pretty bad rear end.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I just like Dodge for the fact they sell you crate full of crazy crap for $1 to go along with your purchase.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Flyinglemur posted:

This is the first Dodge I ever owned and it is crazy how easy and comfortable it is to drive on a daily basis. It also has the MDS engine so on the highway it kicks down to 4 cylinders and I get almost 30mpg. But then you hit the DRAG button and your whole day changes.

May it serve you better than my first (and due to customer support's bullshit, ONLY) new MOPAR product. Which has now been gleefully sold. I like what Dodge does with performance cars, and I like that Jeep's engineers actually listen to the customers, but gently caress everything else about that garbage company.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I had a Challenger Scar Pack for 3 years and it was great fun. Commute changed and I just never drove it which was a shame. Everyone needs to drive a dumb dodge before society bans fun.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I put it in both threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Yasidesign (who did this one) and Khyzyl Saleem are both mentalists and I love them both.

Here's the other shots of it, the back end is a treat. https://www.instagram.com/p/CAYCUKylyOm/?igshid=1m9ndza1mwlh5