Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Used my REI dividends to get some stuff:

Cocoon sleeping bag hood pillow.

Therm-a-Rest trail pro sleeping pad

Solo camping is a nice activity that doesn't break social distancing, so at least there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

(re: Oculus Quest)

fyallm posted:

Still waiting for it to come, I think it ships to me in like loving July.

I ordered one like 2 two weeks ago and it also said it'd ship "on or before July 18" and then it showed up yesterday. :toot:

colas posted:

Any good?

I'm not super well versed on VR but it feels like a big step up from my friend's original Oculus that I played with a couple years ago. Image quality is better, tracking is much better (especially considering there are no lighthouses to setup), and wireless is really awesome. It's pretty front-heavy and not super comfortable for extended periods but I ordered a larger, padded headband to see if it helps counterbalance it a bit. I also ordered a Link cable and it seems like being able to use it with the whole Rift catalogue makes it a much better option than it would be without Link (not being able to play HL: Alyx would be a deal breaker).

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
A PSVR game I voiced for just also got released on the Oculus Quest, if either of you try out Ghost Giant hope you like it.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Used my REI dividends

Your what?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

colas posted:

Your what?

I'm part of REI's Co-Op membership so every time I shop there I get 10% back that's available for redeeming. I spent $444.15 in 2019 (on things that qualify for dividendable sales) so I had a coupon for $44.42 to use.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm part of REI's Co-Op membership so every time I shop there I get 10% back that's available for redeeming. I spent $444.15 in 2019 (on things that qualify for dividendable sales) so I had a coupon for $44.42 to use.

ok, I heard it was a co-op, but I assume that's optional

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I think REI is a co-op in the loose sense of the word. It's not like the local co-op bike shops or gardening plots near my house where it's more direct.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

colas posted:

ok, I heard it was a co-op, but I assume that's optional

It’s optional with something like a 20 dollar lifetime buy-in. When I did it years ago they gave me a coupon to make up for it.

The REI credit card nets an extra 5% on top of your 10% dividend while also creating small donations for their outdoor partners. It’s worth it if you hike, camp or just want some of the most comfortable clothes on earth. I upgraded a lot of gear last year and ended up with a 230 dollar dividend.

mystes
May 31, 2006

You can also just get the dividend back as a check.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

mystes posted:

You can also just get the dividend back as a check.

But... Have you seen all the stuff you can buy?!

REI membership pays for itself if you are at all interested in outdoor stuff.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Farmers market in town was doing online ordering and pickup, so we bought a buncha starter plants yesterday. Super sweet 100s, Snow peas, ground cherries, hillbilly heriloom tomatoes, and bell peppers. Was out weeding and tilling up garden earlier to get everything ready.

On top of that we’ve got garlic volunteers from last year and rhubarb that should be ready to harvest this year! :woop:

Oh, and I bought a grill cover so I can reclaim some garage space and keep it outside to use it more often!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I bought a fish tank, all the tank fixins and a betta fish.

His name's Tugboat.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I got drunk last night and bought a Chirp back roller!
https://gochirp.com/collections/chirp-wheels/products/chirp-wheel-plus-product

Apparently it's good for deep tissue? And knotts? Idk...i was pretty drunk and my back hurts very much so it seemed like a good buy. Will report back if it works.

I also bought these neon green spider web shorts from Obey.

https://obeyclothing.com/products/obey-easy-relaxed-web-short?variant=31670423748669

Would you believe I was drunker then when i bought the back roller?

ShortyMR.CAT has a new favorite as of 07:11 on May 26, 2020

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

LadyPictureShow posted:

His name's Tugboat.

Hello Tugboat.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

His name's Tubgoat.

It was right there.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I got drunk last night and bought a Chirp back roller!
https://gochirp.com/collections/chirp-wheels/products/chirp-wheel-plus-product

Apparently it's good for deep tissue? And knotts? Idk...i was pretty drunk and my back hurts very much so it seemed like a good buy. Will report back if it works.

I also bout these neon green spider web shorts from Obey.

https://obeyclothing.com/products/obey-easy-relaxed-web-short?variant=31670423748669

Would you believe I was drunker then when i bought the back roller?

I tried those and it hosed my back all up. I probably used it wrong.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

JEEVES420 posted:

I tried those and it hosed my back all up. I probably used it wrong.

lmao these are the reviews i've heard. I'm very excited.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

I felt bad that I wasn't contributing to global warming enough:

drat nice ride!

I just got this semi cheesy looking $30 leather seat cover off Amazon for when I need to drive after a sweaty bike ride.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Flat pack furniture!

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

OSU_Matthew posted:

Farmers market in town was doing online ordering and pickup, so we bought a buncha starter plants yesterday. Super sweet 100s, Snow peas, ground cherries, hillbilly heriloom tomatoes, and bell peppers. Was out weeding and tilling up garden earlier to get everything ready.

On top of that we’ve got garlic volunteers from last year and rhubarb that should be ready to harvest this year! :woop:

Oh, and I bought a grill cover so I can reclaim some garage space and keep it outside to use it more often!

I didn't realize how big the local farmer's market was and now I'm kicking myself for the fact that I've lived in my current apartment, which is 5 minutes away, for almost a year before going.

We have been spending a fair amount at the farmers market the last couple of weekends. Too much to list. But this feeds my other hobby of fermenting, pickling, and dehydrating. Have multiple batches of peppers fermenting for hot sauce and some dill pickles. Hoping that I start seeing a variety of hot peppers now that we're entering pepper season. Dried some strawberries, apples, and kiwis. The kiwis disappeared pretty much immediately, so we're probably gonna load up on kiwis this weekend.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Another bike, for trail riding with my older son.
2020 Kawasaki KLX230. Pretty well equipped for a small dual sport. Has fuel injection, ABS, a nice digital dash with fuel gauge, etc.

Here it is on the truck loaded up to come home

Here it is with my Duke 390 - not pictured are the Z125 and the MadAss which are also stored in this garage.

And here it is with my boy

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Another bike, for trail riding with my older son.
2020 Kawasaki KLX230. Pretty well equipped for a small dual sport. Has fuel injection, ABS, a nice digital dash with fuel gauge, etc.

Here it is on the truck loaded up to come home

Here it is with my Duke 390 - not pictured are the Z125 and the MadAss which are also stored in this garage.

And here it is with my boy

I believe my father buying me a motorcyle when I was 12yo played a large part in the eventual divorce of my parents, so I hope your wife is on board and won't blame you if your kids have an accident. :smith:

I just bought these basic shoes when they dropped to $35 last night. I hope they eventually come back in stock and actually ship.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Wifi Toilet posted:

I believe my father buying me a motorcyle when I was 12yo played a large part in the eventual divorce of my parents, so I hope your wife is on board and won't blame you if your kids have an accident. :smith:

I just bought these basic shoes when they dropped to $35 last night. I hope they eventually come back in stock and actually ship.

She’s a reasonable person with a level head. He’s been riding for a while and she seems good with it. Normal mom-nerves kick in every once in a while but no freak outs. This bike is actually for me, as he has his own dirt bike for the woods.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Some used earbuds, because now is really the time to buy something a random person have had inside their body and stuff it inside your own.

Yes I cleaned them extremely thoroughly, and yes I got unused tips

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

evobatman posted:

Some used earbuds, because now is really the time to buy something a random person have had inside their body and stuff it inside your own.

These are really good! I've had a pair since winter and I love them

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Imperador do Brasil posted:

She’s a reasonable person with a level head. He’s been riding for a while and she seems good with it. Normal mom-nerves kick in every once in a while but no freak outs. This bike is actually for me, as he has his own dirt bike for the woods.

I like your purchase a lot, but even more so I like that your kid is wearing a helmet in every picture you’ve posted. My wife works in a PICU and she sees so many kids come in with serious brain injuries (many of which will be permanent) because they weren’t wearing proper protective gear and it is loving heartbreaking.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I just found out the old Rankin-Bass made-for-TV adaptation of The Hobbit from 1977 is available on the usual digital platforms and... holy poo poo it’s so pretty oh my god.

Until a few years ago the only ways to see this thing were on TV, on an old VHS (like the one me and my sister basically wore through as kids), or a DVD copy with screwed up mono audio that was literally just one side of the original audio played through both speakers.

Finding out that not only is there a version with fixed audio available, but it’s also a full-1080p HD transfer from the original film? Yeah, shut up and take my money.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Dewgy posted:

I just found out the old Rankin-Bass made-for-TV adaptation of The Hobbit from 1977 is available on the usual digital platforms and... holy poo poo it’s so pretty oh my god.

Until a few years ago the only ways to see this thing were on TV, on an old VHS (like the one me and my sister basically wore through as kids), or a DVD copy with screwed up mono audio that was literally just one side of the original audio played through both speakers.

Finding out that not only is there a version with fixed audio available, but it’s also a full-1080p HD transfer from the original film? Yeah, shut up and take my money.

Where are you finding it? I tried Netflix, Hulu, and Prime Video but no dice.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

NewFatMike posted:

Where are you finding it? I tried Netflix, Hulu, and Prime Video but no dice.

I got it on iTunes, it was pay-only but well worth the $7 they wanted.

Hobbit on iTunes

Here’s the Amazon video one, same price.

Hobbit on Prime Video

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

1redflag posted:

I like your purchase a lot, but even more so I like that your kid is wearing a helmet in every picture you’ve posted. My wife works in a PICU and she sees so many kids come in with serious brain injuries (many of which will be permanent) because they weren’t wearing proper protective gear and it is loving heartbreaking.

Yeah I work in the OR with Orthopaedic trauma surgery and I see a ton of kids with broken legs/arms/brain injuries from riding ATV’s and dirt bikes and all manner of other things. I won’t stop him from riding or even discourage, since I ride as well and I see adults with the same types of injuries, but he has it ingrained in his head that it’s full gear all the time and no shenanigans.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

OniPanda posted:

I didn't realize how big the local farmer's market was and now I'm kicking myself for the fact that I've lived in my current apartment, which is 5 minutes away, for almost a year before going.

We have been spending a fair amount at the farmers market the last couple of weekends. Too much to list. But this feeds my other hobby of fermenting, pickling, and dehydrating. Have multiple batches of peppers fermenting for hot sauce and some dill pickles. Hoping that I start seeing a variety of hot peppers now that we're entering pepper season. Dried some strawberries, apples, and kiwis. The kiwis disappeared pretty much immediately, so we're probably gonna load up on kiwis this weekend.

Hell yeah! I’m always amazed at the great stuff at farmers markets. Have you ever tried fermenting garlic?

Hunchie
Jul 28, 2006

evobatman posted:

Would they be any good for running? I'm looking to replace my old lovely amazon ones.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sony's are expensive AF. I'd get something cheaper for running. I love the Plantronic Backbeat Fit 2100. They hook around your ears for a secure fit and they also don't block sound so you can hear the cars swerving at you. Please don't use noise cancelling while running.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Dewgy posted:

I got it on iTunes, it was pay-only but well worth the $7 they wanted.

Hobbit on iTunes

Here’s the Amazon video one, same price.

Hobbit on Prime Video

Gotta unflip that "free for me" toggle on Prime :doh:

Thanks!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

NewFatMike posted:

Gotta unflip that "free for me" toggle on Prime :doh:

Thanks!

:dogcited:

The more I keep watching it the more I keep wigging out. I cannot believe how high quality this is.

I got the Charlie Brown holiday specials on Blu Ray a few years back and those have their own charm, like being able to see the paint daubs and cel shadows, but this is like... god. Being able to see all the artwork at like, 16x the original broadcast detail...jeeeeeesus :eyepop:

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

New guitar day! I’ve been wanting one for a long time and they’re getting really hard to track down.

2002 Fender Toronado

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
New poo poo for my bike.
DID chain/sprocket kit

Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3 tires

Mosko moto 25L duffel to use as waterproof soft top bag.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

OSU_Matthew posted:

Hell yeah! I’m always amazed at the great stuff at farmers markets. Have you ever tried fermenting garlic?

Not directly, most of my ferments/pickles have garlic in them, but I haven't done just garlic. That's definitely on the to do list. Maybe I'll pick up a couple heads this weekend.

Tried the pickles I started a couple of weeks ago today. I left them on the counter for week or so and they definitely started fermenting. I didn't burp the jar that often, so the pickles are lightly carbonated :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Hunchie posted:

Would they be any good for running? I'm looking to replace my old lovely amazon ones.

Definitively not. Not water/sweatproof, and only the friction of the tips hold them in your ears. The Sonys are more for your daily bus/train commute, while there are earbuds made for specifically for running and exercise like the Jabra Elite Sport or Bose Soundsport. There are also countless cheaper Chinese alternatives from Aliexpress, Gearbest or Banggood.