Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Forks and knives rather than chopsticks? Check.

Coconut milk to cut the spice? Check.

Explaining every item that goes into the dish right on the menu? Check.

Fruit based cocktails and deserts? Check.

Little piece of orange after you're done? Check.

Move over Subway and sushi there is a new sheriff in town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christoph
Any time anyone mentions white people food I think of Midwestern food and I get all homesick.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bright Bart

My spicy beef soup had all the spice of a vanilla yogourt and that's the way I like it pal.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I eat toast and I guess bread it pretty white.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Wait, what color is the rice? I like to have lunch with my parents and they're afraid of exotic, non-white rices.

Khanstant
brown rice is terrible but i'd try other rices still. i bought black rice once but i didnt cook it right.

i want to try that new golden rice

google THIS

I dunno op, a lot of Thai food makes liberal use of cilantro, which has an LD50 of "any" for many white people.

frump truck

hello... again!

no it's sourdough starter

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

One thing is for certain: it is definitely the Thaiest cuisine.

Trying

Pad Thai was too "ethnic" so the English renamed it "Jodhpurs"

Bright Bart

What even is a tamarind?

Is it like a citrus fruit? Like tamarind and tangerine use several of the same letters so...

Heather Papps

hello friend

my mothers "pad thai" is the whitest food of all time yes

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

more falafel please

forums poster

Heather Papps posted:

my mothers "pad thai" is the whitest food of all time yes

not sure if this is true but the story I've heard is that pad Thai is a Vietnamese dish trying to imitate Thai food and then after the Vietnam war a bunch of Americans came back being like "hey we should get pad Thai, that amazing Thai dish" and so american pad Thai is the result of Thai restaurants trying to imitate a Vietnamese imitation of Thai food

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I chatted with a guy who lived in Bangkok once. He was visiting a cat cafe they have there. I asked if they were Siamese cats and he said they weren't. Then I pointed out that they should all be Siamese cats because Siam is the old name for Thailand so all cats in Thailand are technically Siamese and he told me he knew what I meant. We're not friends anymore.

nut

Prurient Squid posted:

I chatted with a guy who lived in Bangkok once. He was visiting a cat cafe they have there. I asked if they were Siamese cats and he said they weren't. Then I pointed out that they should all be Siamese cats because Siam is the old name for Thailand so all cats in Thailand are technically Siamese and he told me he knew what I meant. We're not friends anymore.

some people rnt ready for the truth

Christoph
*pronounces it thigh food*

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

more falafel please

forums poster

oh, I like it spicy. I even like Thai food

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

google THIS

more falafel please posted:

not sure if this is true but the story I've heard is that pad Thai is a Vietnamese dish trying to imitate Thai food and then after the Vietnam war a bunch of Americans came back being like "hey we should get pad Thai, that amazing Thai dish" and so american pad Thai is the result of Thai restaurants trying to imitate a Vietnamese imitation of Thai food

Given what we call Chinese food I'm not surprised.

I sometimes wonder how Asian immigrants get briefed on how to run a restaurant. "This is what Americans think we eat. No, I had never heard of cream cheese either. Just make it. If you make anything authentic your only customers will be each other and a handful of upper middle classers trying to impress each other."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Christoph posted:

*pronounces it thigh food*

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!