Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Ignoring the whole "a gimp mask and a hoodie" isn't a good look thing of Ru, were they on a green screen as well? The lamp looked weird as hell and the whole thing seemed off.

Next week will be interesting, how can you compare the lip-sync of someone who lives in a tiny little apartment that you couldn't swing a cat in to someone with bags of room?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
It doesn't really matter because Ru just awards the crown to the favorite anyway.

The reunion was good though. Brita so fake.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Yeah, the queens can all be a bit two faced at times but Brita really was bad for it. I'd forgotten how much Aiden constantly had a face like a slapped arse, such a miserable person.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

True realization:

https://twitter.com/joeynolfi/status/1263989766686674947?s=19

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

If the drat pandemic ever ends they should still do all the reunions via Zoom. I can't remember the last one I actually enjoyed, but that was fun as hell.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

spite house posted:

I can't remember the last one I actually enjoyed

The answer should be season 9

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

you don't love me

WERQ MISS FAN FAVOURITE

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I am 100% loving shocked that nobody imitated Aiden's "boo!" when they were all booting that fuzzy referee corset. The joke was right there!

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

curiousTerminal posted:

I am 100% loving shocked that nobody imitated Aiden's "boo!" when they were all booting that fuzzy referee corset. The joke was right there!

The first thing out of my own mouth was "boo!t." And then I became upset that no one on the panel actually loving did it. It really was right there.

Brita and her open mouth smile, I will never not see Wario.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I still don't understand why Ru was on a green screen backdrop. Does he not have a living room on the fracking farm?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Ru didn't put on makeup, did you think he was gonna dust?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

My friend and I are making steady headway through the old seasons of drag race, we're about halfway through season 4 now and I'm starting to wonder: Outside of main episodes and the occasional iconic Untucked (it's kind of a pain to watch Untucked so we're not watching all of them) what extracurricular videos should we be watching? I know once we hit season 6's top 3 I'm gonna show him Mean Gays, and I am absolutely going to watch those Katya videos from season 7 (and UNHhhh, segmented into post season 7, post AS2, and post AS3) but I don't remember anything else off the top of my head that came out around the seasons and was relevant to the queens.
I am reading him Willam's tweet about all the behind the scenes poo poo from Season 4 as the bits become relevant, also.

EDIT: Kelly Mantle's "dont you know who i think i am" how could I forget about that one

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

There's not much else I can think of, really. Manila had some stuff she released after season 3 that she recorded in her hotel room while sequestered for season 3, but I'm not sure if those are on her YT channel or elsewhere.

Honestly other than Katya's recaps of S7 and AS2, none of the youtube stuff is really needed to be watched at a specific time or whatever.

Review with a Jew, I guess. But Miz Cracker is annoying.

Later seasons have The Pit Stop.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

curiousTerminal posted:

My friend and I are making steady headway through the old seasons of drag race, we're about halfway through season 4 now and I'm starting to wonder: Outside of main episodes and the occasional iconic Untucked (it's kind of a pain to watch Untucked so we're not watching all of them) what extracurricular videos should we be watching? I know once we hit season 6's top 3 I'm gonna show him Mean Gays, and I am absolutely going to watch those Katya videos from season 7 (and UNHhhh, segmented into post season 7, post AS2, and post AS3) but I don't remember anything else off the top of my head that came out around the seasons and was relevant to the queens.

I highly recommend the first couple of episodes of Trinity the Tuck's podcast ("Werk"). They featured Ginger Minj and Roxxxy Andrews, and they are absolutely fantastic.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

curiousTerminal posted:

I am reading him Willam's tweet about all the behind the scenes poo poo from Season 4 as the bits become relevant, also.

EDIT: Kelly Mantle's "dont you know who i think i am" how could I forget about that one

I really cannot recommend enough watching pretty much all of the untucked from seasons 2-6, they are some gasp-worthy drama, and frankly better-paced than a lot of real episodes of the show. It immediately turns to forgettable garbage in s7 but the ones with the silver and gold lounge are treasures

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

I watched them when I went through the show a second time a few years back, and I'm not gonna lie I like the new Untucked format more. It feels less...manufactured somehow? It's a reality show so obviously it's still fake as hell a lot of the time, and I do miss the two rooms that let people talk poo poo without everyone hear it. All the constant fighting gets kind of tiring, also.
Besides, I'm using a Hulu account that's shared between...9? people including myself and there are times where I just straight up can't watch it because of the screen limit lol.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

The subtitles on Drag Race are hit and miss.
Take for instance, "Jesus is a biscuit!-"

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

esperterra posted:

But Miz Cracker is annoying.

I love Miz Cracker - Especially on the Bon Appétit youtube channel. I believe Shangela was also on a Back to Back Chef episode.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Alyssa's Secret

Jaymes Mansfield wig tutorials

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

curiousTerminal posted:

The subtitles on Drag Race are hit and miss.
Take for instance, "Jesus is a biscuit!-"

The subtitles on Dragula are also sometimes hilarious! Guess what Biqtch is actually saying here:

"I'm versatile", in response to a conversation about which contestants are tops and which are bottoms.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

just started Dragula S3 again for giggles and good lord, Madelyn Hatter is EXHAUSTING from the goddamn jump.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Miz Cracker is definitely polarizing, you either love her or hate her

I also don't think people who love Miz Cracker are actual real people so eh

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
They're the loving worst

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.
I don't hate Cracker, she's just ehhhh. From the jump I was really excited for her, wanted to see good things. Left the season still wanting to see good things. She's like Jackie Cox or Trixie (on her season), a comedy queen that didn't bring a lot of comedy.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
UNHhhhh is terrible don't show anyone that crap

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
idk I just think Yuhua deserves better

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I liked Cracker. I think she was treated unfairly by being constantly compared to Aquaria. I can't cite to any specific episodes, but I seem to remember thinking that I thought that she should have won a couple of challenges that went to Aquaria instead on the simple basis that the judges were enamored by Aquaria.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's what she deserves

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I also liked Cracker. She had some fantastic looks and was pretty funny, mostly in the talking heads. And she gave us Ms. Cookie.

That being said, I am way more into a bunch of the other queens on all stars. I'm not upset to see her though.

I'm pretty surprised to see Derrick on, actually. I haven't really followed what he's been doing aside from that terrible drunk performance. I mostly remember him for sticking around for way too long in his season, presumably because they wanted to see his Britney on snatch game. I honestly didn't expect him to be on all stars at all. I'll be more surprised if he lasts for long.

A God Damn Ghost fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 27, 2020

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
we've always been at war with eastasia cracker

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

I liked Cracker. I think she was treated unfairly by being constantly compared to Aquaria. I can't cite to any specific episodes, but I seem to remember thinking that I thought that she should have won a couple of challenges that went to Aquaria instead on the simple basis that the judges were enamored by Aquaria.

The only challenge Aquaria won where Cracker came close (judgment-wise) was the ball, and Cracker had no business being in the top. You might be thinking of how Cracker started off the season pretty strong, but never enough to win anything. The makeover win was well deserved though.

Tired Moritz posted:

idk I just think Yuhua deserves better

She's 1000x funnier than Cracker, and it's a shame she isn't more recognized by the fans.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I thought Cracker was unfunny on her season then I saw her dancing on a car in high heels while some guy is yelling at her to get off his car and then I realized she's an unfunny rear end in a top hat

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I like Cracker a lot :shrug: I had no idea she was so divisive

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I hope they just let Derrick get wasted and do this for his talent show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8acYdlbmigE

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

esperterra posted:

I hope they just let Derrick get wasted and do this for his talent show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8acYdlbmigE

yeah exactly. No shade, what exactly has Derrick been up to since S8? Other than this. He just hasn't been on my radar.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Nihonniboku posted:

They had a lot of pre drag race beef because someone kept copying off of someone and they would look extremely similar doing gigs in NYC, frequently people couldn't tell them apart. Thank God they did drag race though because they each really settled into their own and became 2 different drag queens.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That beef was just as overly produced as the Alyssa/Coco pageant drama imho. I don't think either of them actually gave a gently caress, at least not at the point of filming.

Cracker for me was just really grating, idk. I had high hopes for her but kept waiting for her to actually be funny outside of the confessionals.

Also 'it's time for dinner' is dumb

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

A God drat Ghost posted:

I also liked Cracker. She had some fantastic looks and was pretty funny, mostly in the talking heads. And she gave us Ms. Cookie.

That being said, I am way more into a bunch of the other queens on all stars. I'm not upset to see her though.

I'm pretty surprised to see Derrick on, actually. I haven't really followed what he's been doing aside from that terrible drunk performance. I mostly remember him for sticking around for way too long in his season, presumably because they wanted to see his Britney on snatch game. I honestly didn't expect him to be on all stars at all. I'll be more surprised if he lasts for long.

If I remember correctly, India got into some kind of beef with one of Derrick's partners (Nebraska Thunderfuck), and don't they like to bring back queens who have had drama before to be on the same season? This was why some folks said AS4 had both Farrah and Gia, as they had some kind of off-show drama and producers knew it would make for good TV. I believe this drama is being alluded to in the AS5 trailer, where Derrick yells at someone about "You called her a pig in a wig!"

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Lol if Derrick ends up being the Farrah to India's Valentina

Honestly, though, I have pretty high expectations for the whole cast. All but one are over 30 and seasoned performers. The one young one has glown up well and was already pretty decent for her age in the original season. Last AS it was so obvious who would be the first 3 out, now not so much.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

esperterra posted:

That beef was just as overly produced as the Alyssa/Coco pageant drama imho. I don't think either of them actually gave a gently caress, at least not at the point of filming.

Cracker for me was just really grating, idk. I had high hopes for her but kept waiting for her to actually be funny outside of the confessionals.

Also 'it's time for dinner' is dumb

I really want to like Cracker but it feels like a lot of her jokes are just yelling really loud.

Derrick idk about. I'm not super impressed by drag queens who just dress like a pop star and do that pop star's songs/dances, it doesn't really feel interesting or creative, and what I like about drag is the insane creativity. If Derrick can't do Britney for her talent show, what else is she gonna do?

This??

https://twitter.com/LeeDawsonPT/status/1261459792578482176?s=20

big dyke energy fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 28, 2020