Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Why did my smooth brain jump immediately to Annie trying to kiss Britta when I saw that gif?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Hasselblad posted:

Why did my smooth brain jump immediately to Annie trying to kiss Britta when I saw that gif?

That is what your heart tells you.

Or too much time on ao3.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I figure there is something written on the last 3 books? But it is an even more incoherent mess and half the written chapters are probably even more unnecessary POV's we don't care about. Like Hotpie goes on baking bread for 100 pages only to be eaten by Arya's Direwolf.

I still find it hilarious one of the two expanse writers was GRRM's PA or Gimp? but since quiting has churned out an even bigger doorstopper Sci-Fi series finishing this year with a 4 season TV show before GRRM finished a single book.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 23, 2020

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'd forgotten that the books have Ayra's direwolf out there leading an ever-growing pack of wolves just loving up the countryside since all the show did was have a scene to remind people the wolf was still alive.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'd forgotten that the books have Ayra's direwolf out there leading an ever-growing pack of wolves just loving up the countryside since all the show did was have a scene to remind people the wolf was still alive.

I read somewhere that Nymeria and her pack were supposed to make an appearance during the battle of Winterfell but they had already completely blown their CG budget by that point.

Lady is the only direwolf not to be shafted by the plot and that's only because they get rid of her early on.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Greywind also had a couple of moments, he doesn't get a lot of 'on page' time in the books either.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
The thing with the wolves I think was going to be central to the original ASoIaF when it was going to be a trilogy. Then it turned into an endless series that'll never be finished by the original author, and it was one of the many things lost along the way.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Greywind also had a couple of moments, he doesn't get a lot of 'on page' time in the books either.

I wish they kept his death more in line with the books.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Vichan posted:

I wish they kept his death more in line with the books.

What, bloated and unfinished?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Anyone still have a link to Game of Bones. Someone doesnt believe that it exists and I must show them the terrible truth.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Shageletic posted:

Anyone still have a link to Game of Bones. Someone doesnt believe that it exists and I must show them the terrible truth.

There's a second (mildly nsfw (words) trailer) now.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

pseudanonymous posted:

The thing with the wolves I think was going to be central to the original ASoIaF when it was going to be a trilogy. Then it turned into an endless series that'll never be finished by the original author, and it was one of the many things lost along the way.

I don't know if I'd really call it 'lost along the way' when it stopped being a trilogy. Jon and Arya's warging is a huge part of their storylines in the last half a book he managed to poo poo out.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

SeaborneClink posted:

There's a second (mildly nsfw (words) trailer) now.

No, that's the disgusting ripoff of this threads magnum opus, which is located on Smashwords.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

No, that's the disgusting ripoff of this threads magnum opus, which is located on Smashwords.

:doh: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/269101

I completely forgot about T.B. Thread

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/banalplay/status/1265060847417806855?s=19

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I am legitimately happy that George is out there living his best life, swimming in HBO money and blissfully not having anything more to do with this open corpse of a franchise. I wish I could join him.

Like, for real, he seems like he'd actually be a blast to hang out with IRL.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 26, 2020

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The trains are going to be named “winds of winter” and “a dream of spring” thus technically fulfilling his commitment. “Pages written” just refers to the operating manuals.

George Rail Road Martin, world’s greatest troll.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

I'd figure that being stuck in a house literally having nothing to do but write due to the corona virus would at least make him come up with a few notes but I underestimated him. I feel like next year if he passes the 10 year mark he has to post some kind of response even if it's just bullshitting.

He got away with not talking about the 1yr anniversary of the show because everyone assumes he hates the ending.

But a literal decade without a book?

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 29, 2020

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I mean at some point we gotta be mature adults about this whole thing and ask ourselves whether we even want to read this sprawling tome written by a man who clearly lost any artistic compulsion to finish this whole project well over a decade ago.

The answer is yes.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The book if it comes is gonna be real bad because it’ll have absolutely zero passion behind it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

The trains are going to be named “winds of winter” and “a dream of spring” thus technically fulfilling his commitment. “Pages written” just refers to the operating manuals.

George Rail Road Martin, world’s greatest troll.
:emptyquote:

ASoIaF: A Song of Ice and Fire : George Rail Road Martin

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Kuiperdolin posted:

You want a good book but you need the bad thread.

I know this is a week old but I have derived more joy from this than I did the last like five years of that terrible TV show.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

mind the walrus posted:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The book if it comes is gonna be real bad because it’ll have absolutely zero passion behind it.

That’s a whole lot of speculation me thinks. No one is in the dude’s head but him. If he really had zero passion, he could’ve just done bare minimum writing and finished the drat thing, modeled it after the show to show up loose ends and say “here, I’m done.”

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

chaosapiant posted:

GRRM is not your bitch

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

He may not be our bitch, but he is a bitch.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Railwaegon Taragaryen.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Stop railing against grrm

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

What if, and

Pardonez-moi ma français,

Le GRRM est un fuckeur absolut?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kuiperdolin posted:

It's too late to change tracks

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

mind the walrus posted:

It's too late to change tracks

Don't try to derail the thread.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Kuiperdolin posted:

He needs a good kick in the caboose.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

What if, and

Sacre bleu!

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

What if, and

Un fieffé bougredin!

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Un fieffé bougredin!

Baget

TERFherder
Apr 26, 2010

уôðр ò шúурþòі úуûьúø

Shageletic posted:

https://www.facebook.com/gameofbones/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ld8AchXEQ

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/269101

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Analyze This is The Sopranos but not funny.

gently caress yeah..

Also, the ending was amazing. Tony was in a world of poo poo by the end, and the gunman did him a loving favor

Edit: oh gently caress me, I had a cached version of the thread from ages ago.

Sorry folks

Edit 2:

Kuiperdolin posted:

You want a good book but you need the bad thread.
Sweet jebus...

BrotherJayne fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 4, 2020