Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

TOOT BOOT posted:

I stopped playing Dota last year, after playing since 2011. After like a month I couldn't even remember what I had liked about it.

I think in retrospect the most fun I had with it was being a clueless idiot and trying out all the new stuff they were adding during beta.

i put god knows how many hours into dota when it was just a warcraft custom map. by the time it became a steam game i was already a burned out old greybeard with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'm trying to get more time to play VALORANT because I spent way too much time as a teenager playing cs 1.6 and source and the idea and general feel of "cs but made by a company that gives a poo poo" is something I've wanted since csgo went way the gently caress downhill a few years ago

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Roosevelt posted:

i put god knows how many hours into dota when it was just a warcraft custom map. by the time it became a steam game i was already a burned out old greybeard with it

same, and also heroes of newerth

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
coumter strhike

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

coumter strhike

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Salt Fish posted:

coumter strhike

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

no but it has peepers

i think you mean hoverfish :3:

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 24, 2020

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Subnautica is so good. It's gotta be my favorite single player game. Everyone should play it and avoid spoilers at all costs. Go in blind and you'll have a great time. drat that game is good.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

which of you has not played doom eternal

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

doom eternal is less like your other murder simulators and more of a jungle gym made of demon bones standing in a pool of blood

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

i think you mean hoverfish :3:

i took a picture of my pet cuddlefish and put it up in the bedroom part of my base

animist
Aug 28, 2018
ive been playing warhammer mechanicus. it's basically what youd get if you put xcom, YOSPOS, and catholicism in a blender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gIMZ0WyY88

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Salt Fish posted:

Subnautica is so good. It's gotta be my favorite single player game. Everyone should play it and avoid spoilers at all costs. Go in blind and you'll have a great time. drat that game is good.

I was put off by the trailer vids but mainly coz I don’t enjoy fps in the way I can 3rd person. idk. BUT I’ve hired a VR helmet for a week to gently caress around with so I’ve gotten subnautica because fps makes sense in a helmet. won’t play it until I can with the helmet.

and alyx and dirt 2.0 are my main VR things I wanna play with

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

doom eternal is less like your other murder simulators and more of a jungle gym made of demon bones standing in a pool of blood

it’s FPS huh?

god I want assassins creed van halen. release date is the last day of 2020!!! until then I’ll keep playing Odyseey coz even tho I’m kinda over it I still enjoy it a lot

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

don't play subnautica in vr. it's really cool in concept but the interface is 100% not set up for it and it's annoying and janky and also it makes you (or me, at least) sick very fast. the swooshy movement of your viewpoint while your inner ear is stationary = barf.

just put it on your tv and play it with headphones in the dark.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

which of you has not played doom eternal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owEKTfe1Gno

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

don't play subnautica in vr. it's really cool in concept but the interface is 100% not set up for it and it's annoying and janky and also it makes you (or me, at least) sick very fast. the swooshy movement of your viewpoint while your inner ear is stationary = barf.

just put it on your tv and play it with headphones in the dark.

mate In only gonna have this helmet for 7 days and have to waste most of that at work so I’m gonna be playing crusader kings 2 in VR as well as virtual high school janitor

when Russian man from gta4 would get drunk the camera effect there made nauseous as

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Skim Milk posted:

it's james

i hope so

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

post the helmet

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

theadder posted:

my name is james

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

animist posted:

ive been playing warhammer mechanicus. it's basically what youd get if you put xcom, YOSPOS, and catholicism in a blender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gIMZ0WyY88

Battlefleet gothic is also good but the campaign mechanics suffer a bit from "haha here are teleport ing enemy invasions to work around the campaign AI being incapable of mounting a successful assault"

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

just play doom eternal

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I like to play animal crossing and little Jones likes to play Mario kart. we both like Mario maker.

I am really excited to play streets of rage 4 but haven't had a time when I was feeling like playing a regular video game in a long time

I also like subnautica for ps4. I was excited when an update wiped my save cause it meant I had a good reason to start over with hunger and thirst disabled

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

I like to play animal crossing and little Jones likes to play Mario kart. we both like Mario maker.

I am really excited to play streets of rage 4 but haven't had a time when I was feeling like playing a regular video game in a long time

I also like subnautica for ps4. I was excited when an update wiped my save cause it meant I had a good reason to start over with hunger and thirst disabled

ive yet to have my first play. why hunger and thirst off? should i play with or without

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

i have not played doom eternal on my new big beefy gaming rig

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
i work in the games industry and I want to be consumed in a column of fire every day because of it

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
anyway terraria is fun

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Skim Milk posted:

i have not played doom eternal on my new big beefy gaming rig

It's good, OP.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TanRashEmperorshrimp-mobile.mp4

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

ive yet to have my first play. why hunger and thirst off? should i play with or without

leave them on if you want the real experience. i would recommend you do.

off is okay if you just want to swim around and look at stuff.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

god i hate those fuckers

don't get me wrong, i figured out how to kill them, but the game explicitly trains you to always either be bouncing around keeping your distance OR right up in the monster's face and then oh by the way here's a guy who is invulnerable and will instantly murder you unless you're between 10 and 10.5 meters away, also even then you can only hit him for 0.2 seconds every 5. bullshit

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
yeah i kinda lost steam in doom eternal after the first day

it's pretty but tbh feels way too gamified and ooh wow make sure your GAMER"S" RANK is good and it's no longer a story about spacecapitalism

so oh well

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

god i hate those fuckers

don't get me wrong, i figured out how to kill them, but the game explicitly trains you to always either be bouncing around keeping your distance OR right up in the monster's face and then oh by the way here's a guy who is invulnerable and will instantly murder you unless you're between 10 and 10.5 meters away, also even then you can only hit him for 0.2 seconds every 5. bullshit

I played through it on Ultraviolence and realized that I don't want to go through it again on Nightmare to wind up hating the game when I get back to those dudes.

Still holds as a pretty solid game through to the end for me.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I don't want to make a bethesda account so I refunded doom lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Play Monster Train instead.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sagebrush posted:

god i hate those fuckers

they go down pretty quick if you prioritize them when they show up and stagger with the super shotgun

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

echinopsis posted:

on is good because its not really awful like it is in other games. it adds an additional layer of planning to your expeditions

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

carry on then posted:

they go down pretty quick if you prioritize them when they show up and stagger with the super shotgun

i saw videos of people killing them with the super shotgun and i think that greatly increased my frustration bc i tried it that way but the range and reload time are garbage. the ballista works much better for me. if you time it right you can hit the guy twice before he's unfrozen and then it only takes 3-4 cycles.

alternately just spam grenades from the mini shotgun.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I put a pin in my list of unplayed games last night and got Mad Max - played a couple of hours and its OK, but not really enthusing me.

The Arkham style punch-block-and-dodge combat doesn't work like as well as it does for the Bat, but the driving is fun and some of the car wreck graphics are spectacular; I don't think I've seen flame burning around the edges of models without clipping done as well as it is here.

I'll give it a bit more time and see if things pick up the pace a bit, it doesn't have the always-action feeling Fury Road did so far.

I liked Mad Max and it picks up when you get a few upgrades I reckon. Definitely worth a full play through and fyi once you get sick of it you can basically just beeline to the end of the game

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

echinopsis posted:

in the first play through I was always trying to find stuff to make bleach to purify water and it was lame cause making progress was rough. I think they may have re-jiggered drop rates though cause on the second play through it'd probably be fine if I had hunger/thirst on tbh. but I'm more into exploration than survival. imo you should probably go with it turned on and see how it suits you since the devs' intended playstyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

sup yospos james fam

prey is $12 on GoG and metro exodus is $20-30 depending on expansions

as a fan of stalker the movie, the stalker game series and the first two metro games: I think metro exodus just about nails it, especially the first sandbox area which at least feels like half the game or at least 3/8 or whatever. second area also fantastic. worth a run at least. the whole game is great.