Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Supposed round 2 fixture

Richmond v Collingwood, MCG
Geelong v Hawthorn, Kardinia
St Kilda v Western Bulldogs, Docklands
Carlton v Melbourne, Docklands
Adelaide v Port Adelaide, Adelaide Oval
Sydney v Essendon, SCG
Brisbane v Fremantle, Gabba
Gold Coast v West Coast, Carrara
GWS v Nth Melbourne, Giants Stadium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Victoria and NSW in their open border pestilence zone while the rest of the country looks on in horror behind closed borders and says "Keep the gently caress away from us"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

NTRabbit posted:

Victoria and NSW in their open border pestilence zone while the rest of the country looks on in horror behind closed borders and says "Keep the gently caress away from us"

OTOH no one wants to go to your poo poo state you whiny twat

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

NTRabbit posted:

If you go by cases per head of population, SA is worse than Victoria

https://twitter.com/COVID_Australia/status/1264648566888214528?s=20

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Spedman posted:

If you go by cases per head of population, SA is worse than Victoria

https://twitter.com/COVID_Australia/status/1264648566888214528?s=20

Don’t bother, the other states love a VIC/NSW punching bag and this is an easy hit for them

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That doesn’t show active cases

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Yeah SA currently has zero active cases, Victoria is around 100 last I checked

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

teacup posted:

Don’t bother, the other states love a VIC/NSW punching bag and this is an easy hit for them

Kinda feels like it's a bit of a two way street there.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Chairchucker posted:

Kinda feels like it's a bit of a two way street there.

It really isn’t, we don’t even think about the western states enough to hit them

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
the SA/WA teams are mostly playing in Queensland so they're avoiding the big two anyway.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wow our next few games are tough. Glad it’s a play everyone once season.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

teacup posted:

It really isn’t, we don’t even think about the western states enough to hit them

lol ok mate

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/status/1264859446846480386?s=21

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
your states have teams?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Gary Ablett and Wayne Carey should not be considered for AFL legend status, now or ever. I’m sick of hearing about them.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

realbez posted:

Gary Ablett and Wayne Carey should not be considered for AFL legend status, now or ever. I’m sick of hearing about them.

Like I don’t know why I’m surprised but just considering what they’ve done outside of footy I don’t understand how anyone defends them.

Then I remember they kick ball good so of course we forgive sexual assaults and dead girls in hotels rooms but whatever

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

realbez posted:

I still can't believe channel 7 had Carey commentating a Friday night game that was dedicated to domestic violence victims

I'll just quote post my self:

Spedman posted:

I still can't believe channel 7 had Carey commentating

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

On the one hand they are probably the consensus pick for the two best players in the history of the game

On the other hand they’re scum, gently caress em

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hall of fame is one thing, but Legend status should carry some kind of “didn’t assault and/or kill women” clause. I don’t think that’s too much to ask, but maybe it is. :shrug:

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Solemn Sloth posted:

On the one hand they are probably the consensus pick for the two best players in the history of the game

On the other hand they’re scum, gently caress em

Yeah it’s hilarious how people will tie themselves in knots with hall of fame lists saying “oh but you have to take into account their on field contributions” like a hall of fame or legend group isn’t some arbitrary thing decided completely by the code in general (or whoever is doing it)

Like yes! You can actually just ignore rapists when you talk about past players!!!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

realbez posted:

Hall of fame is one thing, but Legend status should carry some kind of “didn’t assault and/or kill women” clause. I don’t think that’s too much to ask, but maybe it is. :shrug:
I completely agree. Much like the Brownlow is best AND fairest, there should be some character element, (with don't sexually assault anyone at the very least of it), involved in stuff like Hall of Fame/Legend status.

And on Carey, Iwould be down with everytime his name is mentioned, it is prefaced with "sexual assaulter". Much like "convicted drug cheat and match fixer"Shane Warne, or "Engadine Maccas pants shitter" Scott Morrisson.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

BrigadierSensible posted:

I completely agree. Much like the Brownlow is best AND fairest, there should be some character element, (with don't sexually assault anyone at the very least of it), involved in stuff like Hall of Fame/Legend status.

And on Carey, Iwould be down with everytime his name is mentioned, it is prefaced with "sexual assaulter". Much like "convicted drug cheat and match fixer"Shane Warne, or "Engadine Maccas pants shitter" Scott Morrisson.

“Convicted racist and noted pedophile apologist” Andrew Bolt

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Tipping is also back on, I will try and remember to do a reminder the week before the return. I will leave the Rd 1 scores as well.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

So one detail I’ve missed since I’m not plugged into Australian media — are the WA and SA teams based out of Gold Coast and sharing Metricon/Gabba with the clubs up there? I didn’t see how this is working at the moment, or how long that arrangement is expected to last.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

BrigadierSensible posted:

When was Carey accused of sexual assault? He's a gently caress who glassed his girlfriend and hasnt shown a hint of real remorse but I dont recall any sex pest stuff?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nutsngum posted:

When was Carey accused of sexual assault? He's a gently caress who glassed his girlfriend and hasnt shown a hint of real remorse but I dont recall any sex pest stuff?

Grabbed a woman's breast, don't remember the details.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Grabbed a woman's breast, don't remember the details.

Legend

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Nutsngum posted:

He groped a woman’s breast at a club in Melbourne, when she protested at it iirc he said to her “why don’t you get a bigger pair of tits”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Carey

He was forced to apologise after but years later admitted he wasn’t actually sorry at all.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Jaeger O'Meara broke his skull in training, doesn't look too bad because they're not operating, needs a clearance to play in R2

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I thought Luke Hodge was still at Brisbane

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

teacup posted:

He groped a woman’s breast at a club in Melbourne, when she protested at it iirc he said to her “why don’t you get a bigger pair of tits”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Carey

He was forced to apologise after but years later admitted he wasn’t actually sorry at all.

What a gently caress.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

gabensraum posted:

your states have teams?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Nutsngum posted:

What a gently caress.

Carey is a grade a fuckwit and proof positive of the boys club.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

NSW and Queensland ignored entirely, a good image.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Yeah footy has huge fans up there of course, some in this thread, but they'll never collectively flip the gently caress out over an AFL issue while league exists.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Looks like Buddy really did his hammy this time. They think it’s worse than last years, and he missed 9 with that.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

realbez posted:

Looks like Buddy really did his hammy this time. They think it’s worse than last years, and he missed 9 with that.

I just wanna see Buddy kicking screwies on the SCG. :(

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
lol Big Footy exposed data for their ~hundred thousand users, including abusive private messages, and had to be told about it by a security company doing random routine testing of forum websites

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Can't wait for the SA security breach.

Want to see those lowtax/radium leaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
https://twitter.com/stkildafc/status/1266512143777583104

:perfect: