Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wonderful 101 would be 50% better if Kamiya was 50% less horny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

repiv posted:

Don't plasmas get dimmer over time? Even if it's working it must have lost a lot of brightness by now.

i can't speak to the earlier models, but according to my manual it's expected to lose about half its peak brightness after ten years.
mine was the second last year of production for Samsung.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
CRT people are cool but Plasma weirdos are legit freaks. Just buy an OLED you stupid loving idiot.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

American McGay posted:

CRT people are cool but Plasma weirdos are legit freaks. Just buy an OLED you stupid loving idiot.

fun fact, samsung eliminated permanent image retention with the 2013 model year.

Even oled hasn't solved that problem. :smug:

They also never suffered from the "dirty screen" effect.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Even at half brightness it's probably still perfectly viewable unless you're one of those people that watches TV in direct sunlight.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

American McGay posted:

yeah let me throw out my perfectly functioning awesome TV to buy a different one

I'm the stupid loving idiot here

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also lol at OLED prices (yes they have come down but come on now).

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Just sit closer to the TV if you want it to be bigger

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The Bloop posted:

yeah let me throw out my perfectly functioning awesome TV to buy a different one

On the one hand, owning a plasma tv doesn't make you a "plasma person."

On the other hand, you sound mad that somebody poo poo talked plasma TVs, so maybe you are one after all :shrug:

Use the tv you like, it's ok if the internet doesn't like it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

WilliamAnderson posted:

Where is the bundle of Picross DS and e1-e9 as well as Mario Picross 1&2 and the super Nintendo Picross. Port them all in one you cowards. I finished S1-4 and Overlord, and Murder by Numbers, and I'm almost done Pictoquest. Pic-A-Pix is bad and I'll never play it.

pic-a-pix is fine and has better/more challenging color puzzles than the Jupiter games. plus way more content because it's got a bajillion DLC puzzles.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

If you have a problem figuring out whether plasma or literally anything else is better you ain't a plasma person

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The main thing I miss about these picross are the licensed content. On the DS games it was real fun to do a pair and it is a big Zelda scene or something.

There's a couple licensed ones but they're from some anime I've never heard of

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I have some bad news.

They fixed the logo.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/climbros-switch/

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

And the L and the M are still uppercase, so now it just looks bad.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

A few pages into Picross S2 -- finished all the Picrosses in 1 and played a few pages of Mega which I really enjoyed until they got way too hard -- and now I get why people said they can never recognize the pictures before the title comes up. In S I was getting them maybe half the time but they must've completely exhausted every object that was vaguely recognizable blown up without color and in S2 they're all large scenes that are too detailed or just variations on some type of flower.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

On the one hand, owning a plasma tv doesn't make you a "plasma person."

On the other hand, you sound mad that somebody poo poo talked plasma TVs, so maybe you are one after all :shrug:

Use the tv you like, it's ok if the internet doesn't like it.

i personally dont give a single poo poo but the (hopefully joke) suggestion was that i throw the plasma away and buy a different tv and that is dumb regardless of the type

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Bloop posted:

The road to recovery is admission so good job.

I'll never admit to it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’d buy an OLED is any of the decent ones came in smaller sizes (40-43 inch).

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’d buy an OLED is any of the decent ones came in smaller sizes (40-43 inch).
I looked for those for a long time too, before deciding to spend a little bit more for a 50.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Getting into Tetris... wish Puyo Puyo Tetris wasn’t $10 more for switch than other platforms though, I want it handheld rather than on pc.

E: eh looks like I can get a physical copy for $20, not bad

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 25, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Imagine being given the gift of plausible deniability and tossing it out for a just plain lovely logo. Cumbros was probably the only chance that game had to get out of obscurity.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If you put the word out on reddit or craigslist you can probably get a CRT for free just from people who want to get rid of the loving things.

Reminded of that Steven Universe running gag where Steven's TVs keep getting destroyed, and reminded that they're CRTs in a contemporary setting, they can probably just go down the road and get another one for free.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What did it look like before?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Imagine if there was no gap between the L and uppercase I

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I’m only a few hours into it, but I think Xenoblade Definitive is going to be based.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

If you put the word out on reddit or craigslist you can probably get a CRT for free just from people who want to get rid of the loving things.

Reminded of that Steven Universe running gag where Steven's TVs keep getting destroyed, and reminded that they're CRTs in a contemporary setting, they can probably just go down the road and get another one for free.

They already said good CRT and vetoed that idea

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons

EB Games has the LABO kits deeply discounted as part of their current sale. They're all around $29AUD.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

CRTs are never free because it takes like 6000 calories of energy to move those heavy bastards. That being said I do love my CRT and will use it until it dies (but I doubt I’ll ever replace it)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

CRTs are never free because it takes like 6000 calories of energy to move those heavy bastards. That being said I do love my CRT and will use it until it dies (but I doubt I’ll ever replace it)

depends. i've seen more than a few 32" Sony trinitrons with the built in 480p widescreen mode for free on kijiji

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

fadam posted:

I’m only a few hours into it, but I think Xenoblade Definitive is going to be based.
Going to be what now

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pretty good posted:

Going to be what now

A blast?

Because it is!

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

How have you guys played it? Do you have review copies?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Xenoblade is being sold for $10 off btw on Amazon right now. I bought it since it’s been on my backlog list the longest out of any game. I’m so happy a remake came out.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
If anyone is gonna stan a particular display setup, we’re gonna need to see some pics of that setup.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Wonderful 101 would be 50% better if Kamiya was 50% less horny

Thankfully it's really just Wonder Pink's intro that is that way.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i used to use a crt for non-hdmi gaming but i got an lcd tv and it is infinitely better .

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Chill Penguin posted:

If anyone is gonna stan a particular display setup, we’re gonna need to see some pics of that setup.

out of curiosity, what's the best way to show off the picture quality? i only use mine for shows and movies though. The switch and ps4 use a monitor.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Electric Phantasm posted:

It said ‘cum bros’

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Is there a Xenoblade Chronicles DE thread yet?

Also, I was listening to some of the remastered songs. I’m so ready for this game.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxZPEb_jVjLCB2s7atPQzyAuhMh71IcVt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

When we moved in, there was a vast CRT TV that the former tenants had left in lieu of some of the deposit.

We kept it in the living room for several years until I got sick of it, and carried the fucker upstairs to put it in the cupboard. I should probably have waited for my wife to come home and help, because if I'd slipped, she would 100% have been greeted with my telly-covered corpse being eaten by the cats.

This is my CRT anecdote.