Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Some more pu erh pics. And my cute little tea pet that just came in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Puer is good. Get new friends

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
What snacks go good with green tea?

I am thinking anything but chocolate.

Escape From Noise

Bright Bart posted:

What snacks go good with green tea?

I am thinking anything but chocolate.

I think fruit or maybe like red bean sweets if you're going traditional.

Escape From Noise

Asian pear and tangerine

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I didn't have any tea today what is wrong with me!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

wait I lied I had some iced hibiscus tea with a little sugar and pomegranate molasses in it and it was good, but I'm not sure that really counts as tea

Escape From Noise

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

wait I lied I had some iced hibiscus tea with a little sugar and pomegranate molasses in it and it was good, but I'm not sure that really counts as tea

It's an infusion so it counts I think. If places like Japan and China don't get all hung up about the exact definition of tea, why should we?

Escape From Noise

I thought I was out of oolong but found a little sachet in the back of my cupboard a few days ago!

ulvir

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I got a really nice pu erh cake yesterday that I posted on Facebook about, and all of my irl friends tried to get owns in on me instead of being excited for me. My ex said it looked like dog puke.

I hope y'all will be at least mildly happy about my pu erh cake that came yesterday:

what cake is that? like name and so on

my previous puerh shopping was some 2013 changtai, but this global virus thing is making shipping absolutely a slog, there hasn’t been any tracking updates since 29th of april

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

ulvir posted:

what cake is that? like name and so on

my previous puerh shopping was some 2013 changtai, but this global virus thing is making shipping absolutely a slog, there hasn’t been any tracking updates since 29th of april

It's this one. Though, I got it through their monthly tea subscription. I've also heard that maybe they hadn't been super honest about their sourcing claims about ages of trees and such so I was kind of weary about posting any specifics unless someone (you!!!) asked.

I've had a package from China that's been stuck on the same tracking since the 18th that has a bunch of tasty tea in it and I'm really bummed about it. Some day it'll show up and be a wonderful surprise at least.

ulvir

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's this one. Though, I got it through their monthly tea subscription. I've also heard that maybe they hadn't been super honest about their sourcing claims about ages of trees and such so I was kind of weary about posting any specifics unless someone (you!!!) asked.

I’m a bit sceptical about Verdant because of those things, but as long as you like the tea I say drink it with pleasure. no harm no foul :coffeepal:

Amp

ulvir posted:

I’m a bit sceptical about Verdant because of those things, but as long as you like the tea I say drink it with pleasure. no harm no foul :coffeepal:

:yeah:

Christoph
I'm staying in a different town and the water is all chlorinated and weird tasting. Should I buy spring water or distilled water for my tea making?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Amp

Spring all the way. Distilled water is weird unless you're doing water chemistry stuff to it like adding minerals and stuff.

Nettle Soup

Oh, and Jones was there too.

A Brita filter jug would also clean it right up. The water here is pretty much undrinkable without one.

Escape From Noise

I don't really filter or anything, but I'm lazy. Chlorine boils off. Some things don't tho

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

lunch tea :11tea:

(Yorkshire tea)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

toot toot it's bedtime teatime, i'm having chamomile with weed honey

Amp

Kief Richards posted:

toot toot it's bedtime teatime, i'm having chamomile with weed honey

intrigued by the weed honey and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

Stoner Sloth

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

intrigued by the weed honey and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

:same: also curious to know how weed honey and chamomile tastes/works at sleepiness cause i could use a nap one day

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

:11tea: I seem to be up to 4 cups a day now. 2 when I wake up and 2 when I come home for lunch. Is cold green tea a thing? maybe I could bring it work for the afternooon!?! :11tea:

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Some greens are honestly better cold than warm. Any green that falls a lot closer to Herby instead of that slightly odd kinda almost fishiness they can have works really well, even unsweetened or flavored at all.

Though the fishiness could just be me being really bad at treating delicate teas correctly.

I haven't had tea in 3 days and I'm getting the shakes

I'm in a lil cabin with bad water and nowhere near me sells good tea by the cup

Amp

tea is wild

drinking some green tea and it's just blowing my mind how different the same plant can taste based on how it is processed. an entire sea of flavor possibilities at the hands of tea makers.

Escape From Noise

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

tea is wild

drinking some green tea and it's just blowing my mind how different the same plant can taste based on how it is processed. an entire sea of flavor possibilities at the hands of tea makers.

Right? I compare it to wine a lot since soil, climate, and age play such a huge role in the final product

Amp

Right? I compare it to wine a lot since soil, climate, and age play such a huge role in the final product

There's something incredibly romantic to me about things so inherently tied to their environments. I think there's a lot of stuff like that for me -- spontaneously fermented beers, a good loaf of bread, fresh produce (especially when I get locally-foraged mushrooms where the guy won't even tell me where he forages them from) all have that same romantic feel.

Escape From Noise

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

There's something incredibly romantic to me about things so inherently tied to their environments. I think there's a lot of stuff like that for me -- spontaneously fermented beers, a good loaf of bread, fresh produce (especially when I get locally-foraged mushrooms where the guy won't even tell me where he forages them from) all have that same romantic feel.

God. I want to make spontaneously fermented beers so bad

Finger Prince

Hmm, this beer tastes like rear end. But good rear end!

Bright Bart

You can make honey-wine.

Just say it. "Honey, wine." It's like a little kiss on your earlobe.

I know this is not tea but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGjOJ2VZmb8 fits in thematically I believe.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 14, 2020

Escape From Noise

Bright Bart posted:

You can make honey-wine.

Just say it. "Honey, wine." It's like a little kiss on your earlobe.

I know this is not tea but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGjOJ2VZmb8 fits in thematically I believe.

I don't really have the space to make mead. Or access to affordable honey.

Escape From Noise

I just spent some serious cash on some serious tea. I... have no willpower!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I just had some green tea from a teabag and maybe it's just not very good tea (heresy!) but it tastes very fishy? Are there green teas that don't taste fishy?

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I just spent some serious cash on some serious tea. I... have no willpower!

tell me of your teas!

Escape From Noise

Yunnan Gold time bb!

TODD BONZALEZ

Having some green tea with blueberry right now

Escape From Noise

Nothin' like some tieguanyin, I tell you whut

Escape From Noise

The tea I bought. Cuz I have more money than sense.

Finger Prince

Strawberry oolong.

Escape From Noise

Red Jade black tea bb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart

Do ya'll like to paste the purity of a single origin tea or prefer those real flavour-bomb blends?