Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Close your eyes and imagine what would happen if you went hiking and your friend kneeled down next to a body of water and scooped the water to their lips. Would you recoil in disgust? Would you offer them a sip from your bottle and explain that they're moments away from certain death or, at best, making GBS threads their guts out?

Then you're gullable and have been tricked by companies that have effectively monetized your fear to sell you their lovely water filters. It's literally the same marketing tactic used by brands that capitalize on human fear - fear of getting old, fear of being left out, fear of death, fear of the 'other.' But the fact is that humans have been drinking water out of puddles and streams for hundreds of thousands of years.

How many times have you walked a dog and seen dog drinking water, and how many times has that dog gotten sick afterwards? It's not because dogs have a stronger immune system! Do you really think cowboys in the 1800s boiled water? Nope! Pirates? Pilgrams? King's, queens, Egyptians, farmers, explorers, conquerors, everyone just drank water that was lying around and they were FINE.

So please next time you go hiking, leave your BPA bottle home. Don't weigh yourself down with your triple microfilter lifestraw. Don't bring bleach. Just drink whatever you see laying around and you'll be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Why are you buying into the hype and drinking water, OP? Just drink bleach!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
In the same vein stop wasting dishwater. It's full of left over nutrients from the food on your plates and you literally just cleaned it along with all your plates and cutlery.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I literally never clean my shower. Its the place I go to get clean...shouldn't it be the cleanest part of the house??

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Yes! Having a shower also cleans the shower. It's a self cleaning system. It's beautiful.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
my filter makes the lake water taste better op

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Where did you copy pasted this from?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Sorry man but you're like a year or two late on the whole "raw water" thing.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Drink your own piss to own the sheeple OP.

Then after you gave quenched your thirst, you can suck my freaking BALLS.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

We should all just do as the dogs do

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
If you follow the five second rule you're probably wasting food on the regular. Introducing: the five day rule.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

I got a stream you can drink from OP

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

We should all just do as the dogs do

My dog eats his poop.

Green Ganja
Apr 8, 2020

935 posted:

Close your eyes and imagine what would happen if you went hiking and your friend kneeled down next to a body of water and scooped the water to their lips. Would you recoil in disgust? Would you offer them a sip from your bottle and explain that they're moments away from certain death or, at best, making GBS threads their guts out?

Then you're gullable and have been tricked by companies that have effectively monetized your fear to sell you their lovely water filters. It's literally the same marketing tactic used by brands that capitalize on human fear - fear of getting old, fear of being left out, fear of death, fear of the 'other.' But the fact is that humans have been drinking water out of puddles and streams for hundreds of thousands of years.

How many times have you walked a dog and seen dog drinking water, and how many times has that dog gotten sick afterwards? It's not because dogs have a stronger immune system! Do you really think cowboys in the 1800s boiled water? Nope! Pirates? Pilgrams? King's, queens, Egyptians, farmers, explorers, conquerors, everyone just drank water that was lying around and they were FINE.

So please next time you go hiking, leave your BPA bottle home. Don't weigh yourself down with your triple microfilter lifestraw. Don't bring bleach. Just drink whatever you see laying around and you'll be fine

Dont want liquid shits thanks but no thanks op

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys

Burt Sexual posted:

My dog eats his poop.

Messed up, you pay for his meals and he reaps the rewards doubly?

You need to pee on his poop to establish ownership

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

If you harvest your sweat you can get both clean water + salt, saving you hundreds of dollars a week.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Having liquid shits is healthy imo, that’s how you know you got everything out

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Communist Toast posted:

Messed up, you pay for his meals and he reaps the rewards doubly?

You need to pee on his poop to establish ownership

Not just doubly. That poop he eats becomes poop again, so he is reaping infinite returns.

Frankly you'd be wise to put your dog in charge of your investment strategy, as I have.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Burt Sexual posted:

My dog eats his poop.

He's recycling and is very eco conscious

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
pour 16 oz urine into a gallon container and fill the rest with water and its good fertilizer. its got what plants crave without being so potent that it burns them

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

I had giardia once. I drank from a 'clear mountain stream' and was then punished for my insolence with a solid week of some of the most wicked bouts of rear end in a top hat punishing diarrhea I've ever had. That and just an absolutely goddamn awful sulfur smell and farts. Think gassing yourself so hard in the middle of the night you wake up to puke, followed by another bout of diarrhea.

Eventually, I made some oral rehydration fluid (think incredibly lovely powerade), and guzzled that crap for a while before it finally subsided. It was horrid. I don't care if I found a spring at 11k feet on the very top of a mountain, I'd still drop some bleach in that water before I drank it.

ToastGhost
Jul 28, 2012

20% cooler
hosed up if true, OP.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i always keep a cauldron of boiled swamp water and sawdust at the ready

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

All you have to do is wash it with a little soap and it’s fine.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

My dog eats his poop.

do the needful, Burt.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
The reason you see water filters in the PNW is because our deer spread giardia in their poop. If you drink from a glacial fed source above the tree line it’s probably okay. Always filter water you take from sources below the tree line because people and animals poop there. I wouldn’t drink straight from any trailside sources because people walk in them and poop too close to them. Some glacial fed sources are unsafe because people have pooped in the glacier and left it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giardiasis

The outdoors here are really just a good way to experience all the different poops of the world because of all the hikers.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Sex Skeleton posted:

The reason you see water filters in the PNW is because our deer spread giardia in their poop. If you drink from a glacial fed source above the tree line it’s probably okay. Always filter water you take from sources below the tree line because people and animals poop there. I wouldn’t drink straight from any trailside sources because people walk in them and poop too close to them. Some glacial fed sources are unsafe because people have pooped in the glacier and left it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giardiasis

The outdoors here are really just a good way to experience all the different poops of the world because of all the hikers.

Weight loss for a couple weeks with typically no treatment required?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

A White Guy posted:

I had giardia once. I drank from a 'clear mountain stream' and was then punished for my insolence with a solid week of some of the most wicked bouts of rear end in a top hat punishing diarrhea I've ever had. That and just an absolutely goddamn awful sulfur smell and farts. Think gassing yourself so hard in the middle of the night you wake up to puke, followed by another bout of diarrhea.

that was just your system being cleansed by the healthy spring water

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I've never had beaver fever since my steady diet of witch hazel and tide pods

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I've never had beaver fever since my steady diet of witch hazel and tide pods
whats a beaver's favorite snack???

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
This is only news to Americans

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
this time of year pond water often contains tadpoles, which is added protein

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

giardia is a liberal hoax watch me *bends over and bottled water falls out of my pack* drink from this clear *fumbles the water purification tablet i had cleverly palmed* mountain stream *shits myself anyway*

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

935 posted:

Do you really think cowboys in the 1800s boiled water? Nope! Pirates? Pilgrams? King's, queens, Egyptians, farmers, explorers, conquerors, everyone just drank water that was lying around and they were FINE.

These people had the shits all day every day

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Urine and feces are processed in the thigh pads.

Not a drop of water is wasted

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I source my water directly from the aerator tank. All that disinfection they do later is just taking all the good and natural stuff out of the water.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
I doubt this will be an issue for most goons either way, as ponds and streams generally exist outside, or so I've been told.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

I just bought one of those squeeze bag filter systems for backpacking OP, but I guess I didn't need it since you say dirty water is ok to drink. Boy do I feel like a real loving idiot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Bleach is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach, drink the bleach, op