Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

coconono posted:

adam and britt are gonna sync their injury cycles

the last thing adam needs to do is risk a growth plate fracture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The funeral of Vanguard one is a masterclass of characters playing off each other.

AEW has made me laugh to the point of tears twice in the last three days during a pandemic and I will forever be grateful for it :)

Also, I still love Hangman Adam Page: "I've known the groom, Nick Jackson..."

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

cams posted:

i know the other 3, what were the significance of the jersey numbers 50 and 51 for santana and ortiz?

In addition to the other answers, 5150 was used by the tag team LAX on shirts and in promos in TNA/Impact, originally Homicide and Hernandeaz, then Santana and Ortiz as a new age version, who then feuded with the original team in addition to Konan and Eddie Kingston being brought in as managers in a actual good feud in Impact.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1265009744491810818?s=20

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Germansimp posted:

New BTE just got uploaded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq4RVtmcYlQ

35 minutes long episode, and the 'new ring gear' for the Bucks is already ridiculous.

The day the "DO YA" bit dies is going to be a very, very sad day.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Kazarian and Sky are a couple of handsome dudes and good actors, they should star in a remake of Tango & Cash,

alexa, call coward tony and tell him to book it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Huntman posted:

The day the "DO YA" bit dies is going to be a very, very sad day.

Kind of surprised they haven't worked that into Dynamite yet. I feel like it's got a similar appeal as The Rock's "it doesn't matter" and would maybe be a step toward making the non-Sky members of SCU seem a lot less lost and lame. (and I love CD, don't get me wrong, but SCU is not great in AEW)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SCU is great in that you know they're embarrassing their kids doing their gimmicks

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

BTE has really gotten me to care about Brandon Cutler, a thing I never expected.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

There's something amazingly hilarious about Matt Hardy calling Jesus Christ a good brother

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

smarxist posted:

Kazarian and Sky are a couple of handsome dudes and good actors, they should star in a remake of Tango & Cash,

alexa, call coward tony and tell him to book it

She works for WWE though? :confused:

:v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yippie-kaioooooooooooooooooooooooooo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the Private Party stuff on BTE is completely bonkers and i love it

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

smarxist posted:

the Private Party stuff on BTE is completely bonkers and i love it

it took me a while to get it, but now I'm on board. It's so much their flavour and so different from the other BTE stuff

and I love love LOVE how many of the younger guys in AEW are just making their own stuff and putting it out there to see what happens. Sure, not everything is going to be a zinger every time, but honing their creativity now improves their hit rate. It also means that when they get a chance to unload creatively on TV, they will have got a lot of bad ideas out of their system.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

smarxist posted:

who would play Robert z'dar?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Man I love getting taken by surprise by a DO YA

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nick jackson in particular gives off a similar vibe to former vine star and youtuber LA turtle

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the last thing adam needs to do is risk a growth plate fracture

it's not like he's using them

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

Man I love getting taken by surprise by a DO YA

DO YA?!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:D

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
you let him walk out! without paying a tip!

oh god oh my god our reputations...

aew is genuinely on purpose funny lmfao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

All the hangman stuff at DON 2020 was the coolest poo poo ever. He's sooooo cool

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Does anyone know the song that was playing during the Private Party bit? It was very much college age Stroker’s poo poo.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol they recreated the revival outfits just for a two minute joke on BTE

The effort that goes into these videos

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Also I just noticed the inner circle's end zone had comic sans, the heelest of fonts

Edit: Wait how the hell does Kaz have a full head of hair now when the last time I saw him he had just a few patches left

Hair restoration lookin' good

Edit 2: That vanguard funeral should have been on Dynamite it's amazing

The Cutler speech about his contract is great too, what an emotional moment

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 26, 2020

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
They need to let Bran and Peter tag and change up their gimmick a bit and have at least a little bit of a run in the tag division and not make a big deal out of it. If anything, "enhancement talent" should be kind of a rotating gig with people regularly moving into and out of contention based on if they can catch on with something interesting in the ring or out of it.

Obviously wrestling is an ensemble production and everyone plays their roles/parts, but if one of your core dudes has that burning desire for something more, and he's the day in/day out guy doing the videography, post-prod, etc. helping you write bits, and by the way also a pretty decently talented wrestler from everything we've seen, you gotta do it man! I hope that promo was just the lowest point of bran's arc and now we get to see a bit of a rise, obviously he's not going to be even a TNT or tag champ in the next year, but give the guy a run!!!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
also Matt and Cody's moment at the funeral was so loving funny

"Shut up, are you even in The Elite anymore?! Show some respect"
"Me? You're dressed like Tommy loving Bahama"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1265045379369885696

Can’t see lower to see what kind of brace or cast she may be in, but even seeing Britt on her feet at all seems like very good news

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Edit: Wait how the hell does Kaz have a full head of hair now when the last time I saw him he had just a few patches left

He and QT got a group deal.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

StarkRavingMad posted:

https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1265045379369885696

Can’t see lower to see what kind of brace or cast she may be in, but even seeing Britt on her feet at all seems like very good news

:hmmyes:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

That hashtag though

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cavauro posted:

nick jackson in particular gives off a similar vibe to former vine star and youtuber LA turtle

lmao

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

That hashtag though

It's her heel gimmick

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OctoberCountry posted:

It's her heel gimmick

And I bet she used it intentionally

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/1265062141003993093

Another pic, looks like some swelling in the lower part of her knee but no cast or brace, so that six week recovery period seems on pace. Dodged a bullet on more serious injury, seems like.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
why is Cody cosplaying Hannibal from The A Team

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I’m glad Britt is walking and everybody is having fun

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

heel turn posted:

why is Cody cosplaying Hannibal from The A Team

He loves it when a plan comes together

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
They should do a Matt hardy spin off webseries called Being the Delete!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1265091342570532865?s=19