Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which episode changed his mind?
S2E01
S2E02
S2E03
S2E04
S2E05
S2E06
S2E07
S2E08
S2E09
S2E10
S2EGoku
View Results

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Tiffany scene was S Tier and caused me to listen to that song over and over for a solid week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

just smdh if Tiffany wasn't already in your daily rotation

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Went into the first season with no expectations and was largely blown away. It wasn't perfect—the Ellen Page storyline dragged and was too predictable—but the show was overall a joyous romp. Looking forward to season 2, though have been terribly jaded of late by great shows trying to followup on their success and falling so flat as to detract from how good the first season was...

It's one of several shows that made me realize that, for all that people love to complain about the dregs produced by the ocean of streaming content, the overall output of great TV is higher than ever and incredible shows that might once have seized a place in the public zeitgeist make barely a blip because there's just so much quality content.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

just smdh if Tiffany wasn't already in your daily rotation

girl, you know it's true

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Also, this show might only be second to Glee in terms of hiring beautiful people.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So is the dad trying to stop the apocalypse on Earth or his home planet or are they the same?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

swickles posted:

Also, this show might only be second to Glee in terms of hiring beautiful people.

Yeah, no. While the cast is pretty, there are certainly other ones around which would top this from a visual perspective. But to each their own I guess.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yeah, no. While the cast is pretty, there are certainly other ones around which would top this from a visual perspective. But to each their own I guess.

Without even thinking too hard, anything on the CW tbh. If there's one thing CW shows always excel at, regardless of the quality of the rest of the production, it's having beautiful people to stare at. Or something like Big Little Lies.

I could go on but then I'd be here all day

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Anything featuring a Nina Simone song can not be said to have bad music.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Trailer for S2 went up today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2PhTElg_xQ

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Spatula City posted:

but the ending basically wrote Hazel out of the show and killed Cha-Cha, so there goes a lot of my enthusiasm. Netflix should just give Cameron Britton his own series.

Good news for you in here then;

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah looks like Hazel is on Team Goodguys now

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

Yeah looks like Hazel is on Team Goodguys now

Team Goodguys..ish.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Klaus running a cult is such a perfect idea.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Glad they got the budget to have Wolfman actually not wear 20 jackets in every scene

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

First 3 minutes of the season are up! Looks great and god drat their powers are insane

https://youtu.be/5CmFiQTyD8I

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Very pumped right now.

I was ambivalent to the first season, mainly because it all felt like setup. But now we're getting to the meat of things.

Also the kid who plays Number 5 deserves some sort of award.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Also the kid who plays Number 5 deserves some sort of award.

He's so drat good

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sepinwall/status/1288870759633387520?s=21

thank u Alan

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I like Sepinwall partly because he's consistent in what he likes and doesn't like. He loses interest in things I enjoy so that's no worry for me.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Yeah I dug all of S1 so if this has the same vibes I'm all for it.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The first season of this wasn't very good and it's not like we're starved of superhero/comic book adaptations to watch.

I would rate it above Marvel TV just because it's more tightly written but there's not too much there there.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

esperterra posted:

He's so drat good

It’s hugely impressive. You absolutely believe he’s an old dude that’s seen it all stuck in a kid body. I don’t think there’d be very many actors his age who could nail that.

I hope they find an excuse to get him singing some show tunes too; cause he’s a talented singer as well.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just watched the latest episode of Doom Patrol. very good!!!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Nick Kroll Batman now looks like Nick Kroll Caveman

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This poo poo is actually fairly excellant. Thread title holds true. What is wrong with half you people?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Loving season two, on the fourth episode.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Esco is the only person who really seems to hate the show lmao

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Rando posted:

This poo poo is actually fairly excellant. Thread title holds true. What is wrong with half you people?

The internet contains some strange and wrong opinions.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Lord Bude posted:

The internet contains some strange and wrong opinions.

not sure I'll ever get used to it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

eh people like different things

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Rando posted:

not sure I'll ever get used to it.

You must never get used to it.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

esperterra posted:

eh people like different things

but there is a thing that is the diference between good and bad

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Binged the first six episodes second season tonight as what else am I gonna do on a Friday night during Covid? The first three episodes or so were good, but the screenwriting was a tad off. After that, things tightened up and the next three episodes were solid. Looking forward to the rest, but wish the Netflix episode descriptions didn't contain major spoilers.

One weird thing that really doesn't deserve a spoiler tag: when Luther and Allison meet up at the busy BBQ joint, there's a two-second shot where it's just them. If it were a little longer and had the right musical notes with it, I'd have thought it was an intentional "they've found one another again, nothing else matters" sort of shot, but it seemed just like an outright editing mistake as it was...

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Normally I hate when a show's plot is mainly driven by the characters being dumb but here that actually seems to be the point, so it works. Ben is the best, glad he's... sort of? back in a hopefully larger role.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Lord Bude posted:

You must never get used to it.

Wisdom.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Cugel the Clever posted:

Binged the first six episodes second season tonight as what else am I gonna do on a Friday night during Covid? The first three episodes or so were good, but the screenwriting was a tad off. After that, things tightened up and the next three episodes were solid. Looking forward to the rest, but wish the Netflix episode descriptions didn't contain major spoilers.

One weird thing that really doesn't deserve a spoiler tag: when Luther and Allison meet up at the busy BBQ joint, there's a two-second shot where it's just them. If it were a little longer and had the right musical notes with it, I'd have thought it was an intentional "they've found one another again, nothing else matters" sort of shot, but it seemed just like an outright editing mistake as it was...

No that's exactly what it was. They just didn't oversell it.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Now I want a Werner Herzog cover of The Order of Death.

It even sounds like a Herzog joint.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Like Huey Dewey and Looey with what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serpente
Dec 3, 2017

The chimp going to space segment is pretty loving slick as far as getting a cartoon to show inner thoughts and feelings goes.