Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

drat, topson with the dagon build, hes back

aba both a: owns, and b: is absolutely loving miserable to play against SD

sugar free jazz fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://www.dota2.com/international/battlepass/

It's out

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Three arcanas and a lady Magina. Didn't see that coming.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
lmao there's a gender swapped Anti mage

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
THE ONE TRUE KING

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
2 personas (including a genderbend AM) and 3 arcanas. They're really going all out on this one...as long as you pay up

skeleton king is loving back holy poo poo: https://www.dota2.com/theonetrueking

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
SKELETON KING AS AN ARCANA LOLLLL

I've skipped the last few battle passes but I might get this one.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

one step closer to beach bikini babe girl pudge hell yeah

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sugar free jazz posted:

one step closer to beach bikini babe girl pudge hell yeah

That's regular pudge

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

what's the goon guild tag? and could someone please conjure up a fresh discord invite?

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
arcanas are tied to battlepass and accounts right? no way to get qop arcana w/o leveling a pass to 300 or w/e?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

smdh if this match isnt gold head Lifestealer Rtz vs. Skeleton King k1 Hector

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

So is this just going to be live until they find a new time for TI? Or will it end around the usual time and we just have to wait however long afterwards for the actual event?

I really want the WR arcana so I hope there’s a good amount of time to slowly pluck away at it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Anno posted:

So is this just going to be live until they find a new time for TI? Or will it end around the usual time and we just have to wait however long afterwards for the actual event?

I really want the WR arcana so I hope there’s a good amount of time to slowly pluck away at it.

https://blog.dota2.com/2020/05/the-international-10-battle-pass/

quote:

Please note that Immortal items from The International 10 Battle Pass—including Ultra Rares—cannot be traded or marketed until The International 11 Battle Pass concludes. Until then, each item can be gifted once.

As for The International itself, we will continue to monitor the global situation and will announce new dates when we can be confident in our ability to deliver a safe and uncompromised tournament for the players and fans. As always, 25% of all Battle Pass sales will go directly to the prize pool of this event.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

NtotheTC posted:

what's the goon guild tag? and could someone please conjure up a fresh discord invite?

goon guild tag is GOON

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Sweden and the us have already given up on a coronavirus response so there's a couple of TI options. china is pretty safe, but probably wouldnt want americans visiting.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm getting bad gateway errors from the link, is there a working one showing the battlepass stuff?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I saw that, but it doesn’t really address how long this’ll be live. Maybe they just don’t know yet.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Anno posted:

I saw that, but it doesn’t really address how long this’ll be live. Maybe they just don’t know yet.

May not be fully indicative, but the final day to buy levels is Sept 12

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
China is allowing this repeated Valve disrespect of showing human-ish bones in video games now?

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 26, 2020

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Anno posted:

Whatever date they say, you can probably expect them to extend it two weeks. I feel like they did this with the last few, buy might be wrong. My weed/dota addled mind only occasionally functions correctly.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
lmao guilds have 50 max members and just anyone can join any guild

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Anno posted:

last TI wrapped up in August and the battle pass ended Jan 1 2020. expect something similar. this battle pass is actually a few weeks later than last years.

:pray: that there will be more games today

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

eric ciaramella posted:

:pray: that there will be more games today

Liquid vs. Viking.gg is getting started. EG vs. Beastcoast still nowhere in sight.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

holy poo poo that battle pass is loaded

also i didn't realize until now that there was still a dota thread

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

I can't believe they got me back in, I forgot just how much I love my skeleton king.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

ILL Machina posted:

China is allowing this repeated Valve disreapect of showing human-ish bones in video games now?

They launched a China-specific version of Steam a while ago. I'm guessing they get a skinned version.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ILL Machina posted:

China is allowing this repeated Valve disreapect of showing human-ish bones in video games now?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Hit me up on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ponchisg/ for a guild invite

or post in LLJK chatroom in dota. Just invited a few folks

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Lol oh whew thought we had an international incident on our hands.

His sword is definitely not made out of bones, nope.

Is it just rib cages they don't like?

Skin to be banned in all public valve lans so we don't disrespect players when they're on the same client? How does that even work actually... Non Chinese steam at non Chinese events?

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 26, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Hit me up on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ponchisg/ for a guild invite

or post in LLJK chatroom in dota. Just invited a few folks

I sent you a friend invite because I guess I can't talk in lljk since I usually only play turbo

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The no bones thing is almost entirely just a way for the Chinese Government to exert control on external game development and have a catch all way to say no to anyone they’re against. The other minor logic is to avoid China being seen as backwards and superstitious.

Anyway yay for the return of Skeleton King, although Wraith King honestly wasn’t a bad change and I liked the event they made of it.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

ILL Machina posted:

Skin to be banned in all public valve lans so we don't disrespect players when they're on the same client? How does that even work actually... Non Chinese steam at non Chinese events?

I think there is a china variant of the skin, so it doesn't matter if the player uses the Skull King skin, as long as the observer is using the Chinese client then it will show whoever uses that skin as the Lich King variant instead

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Kill All Cops posted:

I think there is a china variant of the skin, so it doesn't matter if the player uses the Skull King skin, as long as the observer is using the Chinese client then it will show whoever uses that skin as the Lich King variant instead

Right, look back like five posts. My question was mostly about the players though.

Is that right? At TI they still spectate through the Chinese client and everyone else uses the regular one? And I guess the AR heroes are in default skins. That makes sense I guess.

And I don't think it's 100% about the CCP being invasive, I know there are actual cultural norms about that kinda thing, but yeah it is probably being used as an excuse to get special consideration during development.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 26, 2020

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

I'm trying to imagine all the players and parents being horrified and insulted every time he was picked prior to the reskin, back to WC3 and Diablo leoric days. Is he reskinned in Diablo too?

How do you avoid the canonical skeleton rpg trash mob. Everyone is zombies instead? Blobs instead of humanoids I guess.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

ILL Machina posted:

How do you avoid the canonical skeleton rpg trash mob. Everyone is zombies instead? Blobs instead of humanoids I guess.

The Liquipedia page on Chinese alternative low-gore art is a great example of how lazily developers work around this.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Zurreco posted:

The Liquipedia page on Chinese alternative low-gore art is a great example of how lazily developers work around this.

I'm am imbecile and couldn't find it but am genuinely interested. Can you link?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Not gore but here's how they censored tiddy.

https://twitter.com/oawashima/status/898532252014878721

the art on the card is still in the chinese version if you set them as your 'favorite' :ssh:

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

ILL Machina posted:

I'm am imbecile and couldn't find it but am genuinely interested. Can you link?

https://dota2.gamepedia.com/Low_Violence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

lol fat bane

Thanks. Was on the wrong wiki domain. Says they're only required for players <18 though?