Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
There is like a full hour of video. The spoilers thread was linking to this video frequently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

bows1 posted:

I’m not chasing down spoilers but all the articles have been about leaked gameplay and cutscene footage. If you’d prefer that every single piece of content get leaked throughout development With no rights to the creators than by all means feel that way. I disagree, that’s all.

Edit - I know you are troll extraordinaire so you will have some stupid response to this but it’s my fault for responding to you in the first place

I mean I don’t care? It doesn’t effect the creators either way. Also don’t accuse someone of being a troll because you obviously do not know what your talking about. At least look up how the DMCA is supposed to work

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

JBP posted:

There is like a full hour of video. The spoilers thread was linking to this video frequently.

And this is what Charles and Sakurazuka want for every piece of content before it’s released

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean I don’t care? It doesn’t effect the creators either way. Also don’t accuse someone of being a troll because you obviously do not know what your talking about

You are telling me that a leak has ZERO effect on the creators? Any proof to back that up?

Also lol at me not knowing what Im talking about when you said there was no footage posted on the forum.

edit - also I dont even give a poo poo about TLOIU2 but everyone acting like this is something that is good and cool to do to everyone who tries to create something is wrong; sorry.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

bows1 posted:

And this is what Charles and Sakurazuka want for every piece of content before it’s released

You do realize by your argument a review that discusses spoilers is robbing the creators or whatever vaguely woke framing you have decided to go with

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

CharlestheHammer posted:

You do realize by your argument a review that discusses spoilers is robbing the creators or whatever vaguely woke framing you have decided to go with

No it doesn't. This is specifically about posting leaked footage and the DMCA claim to pull it down. Not whatever vague poo poo that you are trying to reframe it as, and I also dont care about being woke.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bows1 posted:

You are telling me that a leak has ZERO effect on the creators?
1) they don't, 2) who cares

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Dewgy posted:

It's a pretty boilerplate DMCA request, it's kinda funny but I don't get why people are acting like ND shot their dogs.

Give them time.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

bows1 posted:

You are telling me that a leak has ZERO effect on the creators? Any proof to back that up?

Also lol at me not knowing what Im talking about when you said there was no footage posted on the forum.

edit - also I dont even give a poo poo about TLOIU2 but everyone acting like this is something that is good and cool to do to everyone who tries to create something is wrong; sorry.

I said most of the story spoilers is text. No one is talking about the gameplay because no one cares LOU lives and dies by its story.

Even with a link you can’t copyright discussion it’s just not what that Bill was made to do. Though even then DMCA a site for linking a video is also not really a thing. Hosting it sure but not simply linking it.

Also you made a claim I think you kind of have to prove it

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

CharlestheHammer posted:

I said most of the story spoilers is text. No one is talking about the gameplay because no one cares LOU lives and dies by its story.

Even with a link you can’t copyright discussion it’s just not what that Bill was made to do. Though even then DMCA a site for linking a video is also not really a thing. Hosting it sure but not simply linking it.

No you said there was NO video footage.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I have no idea what this means. What is a leaked IP. As far as I know the leaks are just texted and no actualfootage

Also I dont even give a poo poo about Naughty Dog, I just work with NDA's and poo poo all the time while Im filming and it would suck if someone just sent out my storyboards like that.

Anyways yes you are right Charles leaks are good, DMCA is bad. In fact, lets just post the hour of footage here, who cares what our mod says right? its all kosher.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Leaks are good and the DMCA is bad yes, i'm glad everyone agrees.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stop responding to the poop poster imo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Which one.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Everyone in the PS4 thread suddenly rushing to see if their monitor is turned on

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Back to regular posting, I didn’t beat demon of hatred before but I’m definitely going to do it this time.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I do think properly explaining the DMCA is a good idea as finding that law to have an unironic defender is rare

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

CharlestheHammer posted:

I do think properly explaining the DMCA is a good idea as finding that law to have an unironic defender is rare

So do it

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

CharlestheHammer posted:

The story was leaked in the form of someone leaking the game's major cutscenes in video format. People summarized the spoiler points from those leaked videos.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

drat. Saw all these new posts and was hoping that everyone started talking about portal 2 and It’s just more TLOU arguing

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
DoH is just as hard as I remembered. gently caress this is going to take a while

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

veni veni veni posted:

drat. Saw all these new posts and was hoping that everyone started talking about it portal 2.

Portal 2 is a top 10 all time game and I wish there were more physics puzzle games out there like it.

Edit - also sorry I touched the poop

bows1 fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 26, 2020

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CharlestheHammer posted:

That is not how a DMCA works are you insane.

You can’t copyright discussion that would be dumb and no amount of lame emotional appeals is going to change that.

This is a company abusing an already vague law you should absolutely be against that

It’s as much as an outrage as it is enforceable, which is to say not at all.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
joel bad

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ham posted:

The story was leaked in the form of someone leaking the game's major cutscenes in video format. People summarized the spoiler points from those leaked videos.

Ah okay, either way you can’t penalize someone. For watching it at some point. As that would mean this thread could get DMCAd for just watching a cutscene and talking about it. Like Atlus did for Persona 5 when it first released. Except even they only DMCAd the cut scenes themselves

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hi Joel

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Ah okay, either way you can’t penalize someone. For watching it at some point. As that would mean this thread could get DMCAd for just watching a cutscene and talking about it. Like Atlus did for Persona 5 when it first released. Except even they only DMCAd the cut scenes themselves

More likely the notice is because the posts included links to the footage.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bows1 posted:

DoH is just as hard as I remembered. gently caress this is going to take a while

Cheese him off the cliff like god intended

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ErrEff posted:

Nope, the C&C/RA remaster is using upscaling techniques precisely because the source footage is so bad. They even went to extreme lengths to acquire what they thought were the HD master tapes of all the performances but when they finally got them it turned out they were the exact same quality as the ones they already had.

Here's a behind the scenes video the team did on it (check 4:55 and onwards):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikJLYYTrIxs

AFAIK this is the first time a publisher does something like this for a release, Square-Enix (and others) certainly could learn a few tricks from them instead of having the mod community do all the heavy lifting.

The amount of effort being funneled into this remaster and the attention to detail...verges on insanity. They really are treating C&C (justly) like a piece of Videogame History™, in addition to adding QoL features that will make it more accessible for contemporary audiences. It really is exciting.

But also, as highlighted by the FMV archives upscaling quest, the effort preserve this game has been a PC + Console audience collaborative project :3: , and it's very cool that everybody has come together to save these badly acted, weird pieces of videogame ephemera. The C&C gameplay is what ultimately turned out to be advanced in the long term, but the FMV scenes were considered very flashy in 1995 and it's rad to have them acknowledged.

Anyway, I'll stop gushing.

Here's the C&C Remaster thread if anyone's interested.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919118&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I hope this does well, would be wild to get to play Red Alert 2 again with a new community.

:allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHMNI5zLgs

Holy poo poo I had no idea the tech was this far ahead

all those re-captchas we've been doing, and all the proteins we folded on PS3 going to good use

Infinitum posted:

Thank you for remastering Jet Set Radio Future!

:catstare: :hai:

Infinitum posted:

Let us know when we're getting close :v:

Thank you for remastering Sonic Gems Collection :D

Samurai Sanders posted:

I just beat FF7R. All around excellent game, but what is it with Square and making the last several hours of it straight as a string, with no opportunity to go back to anything before? The pacing of the rest of the game in that respect it was so good, but they couldn't avoid going the same direction as FF13 or 15 with the ending.

That's how the original FFVII was.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

How big is the install?

lol

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Am I crazy or does Prey have the best ever hacking mini game?

The music alone makes NieR:A's hacking the best.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ham posted:

More likely the notice is because the posts included links to the footage.

Generally you don’t bother doing that. You go directly at the video source itself.

Just from a pure practical standpoint it’s easier

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

That's how the original FFVII was.
No poo poo.

It doesn't mean that they had to do it that way this time.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

No poo poo.

It doesn't mean that they had to do it that way this time.

:shrug:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ppl mad today. I hope I don't have to kiss other samurai sanderses

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Once you beat the game you can replay any chapter you like so there's no point making the end part of FF7R open for the sake of it when they want to push you on with the story at that point.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

People where already annoyed at the side quests so making the end open ended with side quest would have made them mad anyway.

drat if you do damned if you don’t

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I mean thematically how would you even write that? FFXV literally had to introduce a magic time travelling dog to justify going back from the end game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Rather than breaking it up, I could have done with it just being shorter. I know that they wanted to recreate a bunch of the weird stuff that happens in that part in the original, but I think it could have just had the initial sneaking in phase, then getting to the research floor and getting Aeris, then fighting Rufus, then the highway escape. The boss fights were really fun but overall the game felt really really stacked at the end with just that.

Edit: especially that they added about two extra hours to the highway chase and the final escape.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So is the stream going to only be TLoU2? I don’t really care enough about the gameplay to watch it.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Samurai Sanders posted:

Rather than breaking it up, I could have done with it just being shorter. I know that they wanted to recreate a bunch of the weird stuff that happens in that part in the original, but I think it could have just had the initial sneaking in phase, then getting to the research floor and getting Aeris, then fighting Rufus, then the highway escape. The boss fights were really fun but overall the game felt really really stacked at the end with just that.

Edit: especially that they added about two extra hours to the highway chase and the final escape.

Yeah, the whole lab bit was the only part of the game that really had me tapping my foot. I know some people have called other parts "filler" but that's the only part that really felt that way to me.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

precision posted:

Oops I meant Shadow is really good

Rise is just okay but Shadow is more like an Uncharted game (you even play as Young Lara in a chapter) and it works better as a more linear experience with side tombs than as the more open world that Rise tried to do

Shadow I thought was only ok. The combat is easily the highlight of the game for me and for some reason that game has the least amount even though they give you all kinds of cool stuff to turn Lara into a killing machine. I also thought it was dope that the game let you customize the difficulty for like 3 different things.

But I think Rise will always be my favorite simply for the DLC in it. The DLC for that was so good and the roguelike survival mode in that is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Yeah, the original had way better pacing in that regard. Some scenes just completely lose their impact because it gets drawn out too much. I wish they kept the tightness in those scenes and gave you better open world segments.