Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Woofer posted:

Yes, the company ultimately behind the game where you fight and kill homophobic Christians might be sensitive to leaks.

I just don't get the whole narrative that the game itself is homophobic when the main characters are gay and trans and you fight homophobic religious nut jobs (the BAD GUYS, GUYS). Like, at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

You've been on the internet long enough to know why man

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Pretty sure you also play as the leader of the villains for a solid chunk of the game, up to and including hunting down the main characters from 1

I could be wrong though because trying to search for more details right now mostly just gave me google results for anti-SJW subreddits complaining about the Gay Agenda

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Maybe I’m not as jaded as I thought but I don’t think ND is going to suicide a guaranteed cash cow with a bunch of homophobic poo poo.

There would’ve been a cancel movement that you could easily google or look for on twitter if they did.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Internet Wizard posted:

Pretty sure you also play as the leader of the villains for a solid chunk of the game, up to and including hunting down the main characters from 1

I could be wrong though because trying to search for more details right now mostly just gave me google results for anti-SJW subreddits complaining about the Gay Agenda

Original leak..... edited out

Quartering, it's a Gundam, and upper echelon gamers had stuff on it on YouTube, unless it was pulled.

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 26, 2020

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

For all the talk of No Man’s Sky, it just went on sale on Steam and I might pick it up. Down to $30 right now, so half off.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Icon Of Sin posted:

For all the talk of No Man’s Sky, it just went on sale on Steam and I might pick it up. Down to $30 right now, so half off.

Came here to post this. I just bought it and I'm enjoying it so far.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

McNally posted:

Came here to post this. I just bought it and I'm enjoying it so far.

Same. Except for buying it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Can you all just not openly post TLOU 2 spoilers?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I haven't seen any of the leaked poo poo apart from the vague stuff just mentioned, but I flat-out refuse to believe ND would make such a stupid sounding story after how loving good the first game was. I refuse :colbert:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I want to like it, but I think I'm going to wait until it actually drops.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Was it the last of us 2 that had that easter egg where they say the title of the game and look right at the camera?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Sony sending out cease and desist letters to SA and DMCA strikes on any youtube that even mentions that spoilers exist gives a lot of credit to the accuracy of the leaks IMO

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

i got no mans sky back in 2016, re-installed it yesterday. and my save from 2016 is till there?????

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Internet Wizard posted:

Sony sending out cease and desist letters to SA and DMCA strikes on any youtube that even mentions that spoilers exist gives a lot of credit to the accuracy of the leaks IMO

It’s not about the accuracy, Sony is concerned about people owning the story/image of the game’s brand instead of them.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm still dling CoH2 from steam and AVG gave me virus warnings?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
NMS is real good now.

There's better space fighter games, better base building games, and better exploration games. But NMS is all of those in one and you can do whatever you want.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Holy poo poo that game was released 4 years ago now.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Vasudus posted:

NMS is real good now.

i kinda want to like it, but i load up the game, look at it for 10 minutes then close it. I started another one in survival and completed the tutorial, i am interested in the 16/16/16/16 thing but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Spent 12 straight hours today playing Elex

I've been hobbled by breaking a toe on a stair so I think I have an excuse. I think.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Welp i was just exploring around St Denis in rdr2 and i think i just got mugged and raped by a swampbilly :stare:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I got the Vive hooked up and started on Elite Dangerous VR

its good

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

ElMaligno posted:

i kinda want to like it, but i load up the game, look at it for 10 minutes then close it. I started another one in survival and completed the tutorial, i am interested in the 16/16/16/16 thing but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Survival is kind of bullshit. It doubles/triples the cost of things across the board which makes the grinding extremely painful. Wish it was a more targeted option, that let you say keep the standard cost of things but ups the damage/environmental damage/etc.

There's two questlines now. There's the Atlas questline which was in the original game and the new Beyond questline that is one part tutorial and one part main quest. Once you do a little bit of the Beyond questline and get system teleporters unlocked (took me 2 hours on my very first time with the game) the rest of the game is basically open.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Welp i was just exploring around St Denis in rdr2 and i think i just got mugged and raped by a swampbilly :stare:

I spend the bulk of my time hunting and skinning things. I just hit level 15 or so and have a fishing rod now, so that's probably what I'll do for a few days now.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Fishing was extremely relaxing.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I just rode down to Saint Denis for the first time yesterday, and they really nailed the feeling of “Wow, the era of the Wild West really is over” when riding a horse down a street lit by electric lights and dodging a big street car.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just a heads up in RDR2, sometimes the butchers disappear. They come back, but it threw me for a minute when I had a horse loaded down with hides and more meat in my pockets than in a supermarket when they all just vanished for a few minutes.

Gonna go on a cross map slaughter hunt later today. Probably should do one of the Horley missions too.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
With all the talk about No Mans Sky in the last couple days, Xbox-havers might want to hold off for a week:

NMS is coming to Xbox game pass in June

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I was definitely not going to buy NMS but I might play it on game pass. That dollar I threw at upgrading from gold to game pass for 16 months was really a good deal.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Fallom posted:

Spent 12 straight hours today playing Elex

I've been hobbled by breaking a toe on a stair so I think I have an excuse. I think.

Cause you were busy running from one pack of death monsters into another and another when god dammit I just want to escape and go beat up on some rats? Oops tripped and got two-shot by a mecha-jackal

At first I thought the game had way too many random healing potions sitting on rocks by the side of the path but now I understand why.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Woofer posted:

Maybe I’m not as jaded as I thought but I don’t think ND is going to suicide a guaranteed cash cow with a bunch of homophobic poo poo.

There would’ve been a cancel movement that you could easily google or look for on twitter if they did.

I've read the leaks and they read exactly like alt-right fantasy "ACTUALLY MINORITIES CAN BE THE EVIL ONE AND YOU'RE THE REAL BIGOT FOR NOT ACKNOWLEDGING IT.

reddit posted:

would you like witcher 3 when in the 2nd half of the game you suddenly play as the wildhunt and kill Geralt and all his friends?

I'll eat whatever for spoilers, don't give your money to this awful company.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

bloops posted:

Can you all just not openly post TLOU 2 spoilers?

Wasabi the J posted:

I'll eat whatever for spoilers, don't give your money to this awful company.

You seriously couldn't have made your point without posting spoilers? what the gently caress man?

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 27, 2020

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
GOG is running a sale on Prey, $12.00 for digital download until June 10

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Arrath posted:

Cause you were busy running from one pack of death monsters into another and another when god dammit I just want to escape and go beat up on some rats? Oops tripped and got two-shot by a mecha-jackal

At first I thought the game had way too many random healing potions sitting on rocks by the side of the path but now I understand why.

I'm like 35 hours in and I feel like I'm running out of quests but I'm only level 25 and my weapons still suck poo poo

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Handsome Ralph posted:

You seriously couldn't have made your point without posting spoilers? what the gently caress man?

Not to mention I'll believe that stupid poo poo when I loving see it. I don't trust leaks for poo poo.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Why is it so hard for you to not be a dickhead? Some of us want to play the game free of spoilers or some hot take on it. Let me judge it on its own merits.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Syrian Lannister posted:

GOG is running a sale on Prey, $12.00 for digital download until June 10

I played this for the first time earlier this year and it owns bones. If you dug Bioshock or Dishonored, it's right up your alley.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Speaking of Prey and Dishonored, that developer Arkane Studios, worked with Valve on a Half Lifr spin off a while back. It was called Ravenholm. There’s a bunch of details about it in a new NoClip documentary that came out yesterday. Gameplay and all.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

pkells posted:

With all the talk about No Mans Sky in the last couple days, Xbox-havers might want to hold off for a week:

NMS is coming to Xbox game pass in June

God DAMMIT. I bought it 2 days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The good news is, when it's taken off gamepass, you'll still be able to play it.

I've bought enough games that have turned up on gamepass, only to disappear later, that I'm glad I shelled out in the first place. The Long Dark won't be up forever. GTA5 was up on it for about four months. I suspect RDR2 will only be up through september or so. Even Bethesda has been pulling back on their gamepass games.