Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Brussel sprouts cooked the way previous generations did them to now? Yeah, I’m with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TBF in the specific case of brussels sprouts, they actually did taste like rear end no matter how you cooked them. Modern sprouts have had most of the bitterness bred out of them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

She's not wrong, just speaking from an Anglocentric perspective. Dear God did previous generations not know how to cook vegetables.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/georgegalloway/status/1265006253174128640?s=21

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

She's not wrong, just speaking from an Anglocentric perspective. Dear God did previous generations not know how to cook vegetables.

My childhood was canned veggies boiled to oblivion with zero seasoning. Not even salt or pepper. A travesty beyond words.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

As someone raised in the south it's absurdly wrong. Collard greens, cauliflower with cheese sauce, broccoli spinach soup, buttered green beans, fried eggplant, I could go on and on, all oldschool dishes that are delicious and rich.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Not all of us were fortunate enough to have parents from a vegetable-literate culture okay

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

I remember watching my mom peel and cut up fresh carrots only to steam them into mushy oblivion and wondering why we couldn’t just eat delicious raw carrots. The only answer I could ever really get out of her was some vague notion that if it isn’t cooked it doesn’t “count” as dinner.

Edit: I’m not sure millennials were the ones that turned the tide on vegetables but given all the stupid stuff they’re blamed for I’ll let them have it.

letthereberock has a new favorite as of 01:26 on May 26, 2020

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I did sous vide glazed carrots for my mom once at her home.

Shes like "Oh wow where did you get these?!"

From your fridge! They were the same ones you had!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

apatheticman posted:

I did sous vide glazed carrots for my mom once at her home.

Shes like "Oh wow where did you get these?!"

From your fridge! They were the same ones you had!

Guess you just have to sous vide yo game.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Fister Roboto posted:

TBF in the specific case of brussels sprouts, they actually did taste like rear end no matter how you cooked them. Modern sprouts have had most of the bitterness bred out of them.

Seems they've stopped too soon

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I've never had a bad brussels sprout. Possibly only because they were outside my parents' repertoire and I've only had them as an adult.

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

They're the ones meandering about public spaces in a herd, bleating incomprehensibly and desperate for someone else to cut their hair. :v:

Nice.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My parents are white, but my mom is French so I was thankfully spared.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/missiwimberly/status/1264271585495715842

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

If by ‘modern’ you mean 30 years ago, then sure.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I hate this woman, I shouldn't have clicked through she's a full on denier of the dangers we face right now

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sid Vicious posted:

I hate this woman, I shouldn't have clicked through she's a full on denier of the dangers we face right now

I 2000% believe that her feet are contagious of something, even though that's not the point.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Usually when I walk past places like this they're wearing masks and gloves anyway because cleaning feet is already gross?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I 2000% believe that her feet are contagious of something, even though that's not the point.

Yeah she got some athlete's foot going at the least I bet

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

TheMostFrench posted:

Usually when I walk past places like this they're wearing masks and gloves anyway because cleaning feet is already gross?
Right, the most obvious change is the face shield and like, who loving cares. She's still doing your feet.

OP definitely doesn't tip.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

PetraCore posted:

Right, the most obvious change is the face shield and like, who loving cares. She's still doing your feet.

OP definitely doesn't tip.

Why would she tip, she volunteers

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

TheMostFrench posted:

Also if they handle nail polish, that's a whole lot of fumes to be around for your whole day.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sid Vicious posted:

Of course she's unemployed but has a rich husband so can frame it as charitable.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1264959573162553344

MarzGurl isn't the idiot.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sid Vicious posted:

Not a Christian, a Christ follower. Dunno why but that phrasing makes me think of Jesus taking out a restraining order.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Not a Christian, a Christ follower. Dunno why but that phrasing makes me think of Jesus taking out a restraining order.

@JayAitchSee

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

@JesusRestrainingOrder sounds like a great gimmick account.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

@JesusReplyGuys too.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If you think about it, "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations" is the original "like, comment and subscribe".

:dawkins101:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I wonder if she's got, like, a big tall conical hat with her name on it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Phy posted:

I wonder if she's got, like, a big tall conical hat with her name on it

I thought the point of those was anonymity

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
It’s embarrassing for everyone at the rally when you confuse the two.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

If you think about it, "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations" is the original "like, comment and subscribe".

:dawkins101:

whoa

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

I had a roommate in college who did the whole "Christ Follower" thing. The logic behind it is that Christianity is a religion and religions are bad. So instead, they choose to be Christ Followers. As far as I could tell it just meant fundamentalist Christian.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Also smugness! Because they are the only ones who have figured it out, you see.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/dyllyp/status/1264993857613164544

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Gross Dude posted:

I had a roommate in college who did the whole "Christ Follower" thing. The logic behind it is that Christianity is a religion and religions are bad. So instead, they choose to be Christ Followers. As far as I could tell it just meant fundamentalist Christian.

it's the language used by The Family, the horrific cult behind the National Prayer Breakfast, but they are very small and i assume your roomate and this terrible lady re-invented the term for themselves

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
When following Christ, please maintain an adequate space cushion.

I really should've used :hurr: instead, shouldn't I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

I’m the cat