Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Deathlove posted:

My co-parent would get a dessert and I'd have some chips or whatnot. She'd call it my appré-tizer.
no the Finisher's Power Plate goes between the entree and dessert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Blammin' Slammin' oh man am I jammin' enchilada stackers

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

I am perpetually disappointed that Fiesta Max isn't a real place.

(I am also perpetually disappointed that Remininsce Magazine, from the Milklin arc, is a real thing.)

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Wow I was misremembering the name of the duck that bit Pat as "Mr. Quackers" and "Bonkers T. McQuack" is so much better. e: that is dangerously close to the GOF so block out some time

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 26, 2020

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Ray ate the reason that Pat is a vegan.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Also never realized that Beef's Uncle George of Kronos Cafe is the one who appears in the strip where Molly imagines Akkolade DJing their wedding. ("Nina! He says this?")

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Previa_fun posted:

Blammin' Slammin' oh man am I jammin'

This was code between me and my ex for "I've been drinking, disregard everything I say from here until sunrise"

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pastry of the Year posted:

This was code between me and my ex for "I've been drinking, disregard everything I say from here until sunrise"

I am totally gonna start using it for that.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Also never realized that Beef's Uncle George of Kronos Cafe is the one who appears in the strip where Molly imagines Akkolade DJing their wedding. ("Nina! He says this?")

somehow I didn't remember Teodor was the DJ *and* Maid of Honor

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I knew this, but I did not recall this:

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

and so the entire exchange made my morning, thank you.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I am so in tune with Beef's expression in panel 3.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

That salad genuinely sounds so dreadful. There is no way Teodor put that duck breast proscuitto through a proper six month cure. Dude probably used sodium nitrite, all giving Roast Beef reason to have fears about colon cancer when he discovers it.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Like, we're talking thin slices of shop-cured duck meat slathered in peaches and orange essence. It's going to be like eating the fascination layer of a supermarket sandwich. Zero roughage.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

is it "ravioli" in quotation marks because the hamachi is thin sliced and folded to resemble ravioli, with the quail yolk inside and the chive-tobiko mousse on top, or what?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Shibawanko posted:

is it "ravioli" in quotation marks because the hamachi is thin sliced and folded to resemble ravioli, with the quail yolk inside and the chive-tobiko mousse on top, or what?

that was my presumptions, yes.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01262007

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Teodor is not an anything of honor :colbert:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

His serotonin's been deionized by all the grocery store sushi he eats! He's just wasting that Yale education.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Android Blues posted:

That salad genuinely sounds so dreadful. There is no way Teodor put that duck breast proscuitto through a proper six month cure. Dude probably used sodium nitrite, all giving Roast Beef reason to have fears about colon cancer when he discovers it.

Android Blues posted:

Like, we're talking thin slices of shop-cured duck meat slathered in peaches and orange essence. It's going to be like eating the fascination layer of a supermarket sandwich. Zero roughage.
Achewood is in the San Fransisco Bay area (specifically on the Peninsula but that probably doesn't mean anything if you haven't lived in the general area)

He can absolutely just go buy it with no notice.

It does sound like an awful salad though.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Teodor is not an anything of honor :colbert:

God this and "COME ON SHOW ME HER NAKED" are two of the most shamefully real moments of dudes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

God this and "COME ON SHOW ME HER NAKED" are two of the most shamefully real moments of dudes.

I think my favorite part of that is "Safe Search is off" because in his desperation he thought maybe Google was just hiding the nude results he wanted :allears:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I've been reading the body of work of Charles Portis in quarantine and if you love the language of Achewood, you've got to check this author out. I know he's best known for writing True Grit, but his dirtbag 60s-80s narratives almost certainly have to have been a part of the formative Achewood DNA.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Pastry of the Year posted:

I've been reading the body of work of Charles Portis in quarantine and if you love the language of Achewood, you've got to check this author out. I know he's best known for writing True Grit, but his dirtbag 60s-80s narratives almost certainly have to have been a part of the formative Achewood DNA.

Oh man he rules so loving much. I did a reread of a bunch of his stuff right after he died, Norwood is one of the funniest American novels of all time for sure.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

prefect posted:

I am so in tune with Beef's expression in panel 3.

this comic comes to mind every single time I'm at some hip restaurant and they're putting quotes around basic food terms and making "smashed" potatoes sound exotic

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

I think my favorite part of that is "Safe Search is off" because in his desperation he thought maybe Google was just hiding the nude results he wanted :allears:

thank you for adding a new dimension to my favorite Teodor moment like over a decade later.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Fallom posted:

this comic comes to mind every single time I'm at some hip restaurant and they're putting quotes around basic food terms and making "smashed" potatoes sound exotic

I went back to look at this whole funny twitter thread

https://twitter.com/laureneoneal/status/1082461742477791232

but the original linked tweet with the image has gone away. Thankfully archive.org remembers:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I was reminded recently of one of my favorite achewood food moments, having an amount of carrot in one's ear

Only registered members can see post attachments!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Hey guys, guess who just got... City Toast!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

projecthalaxy posted:

I was reminded recently of one of my favorite achewood food moments, having an amount of carrot in one's ear

“You smell like six asses” is an Achewoodism that’s still in my regular vocabulary.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

but the original linked tweet with the image has gone away. Thankfully archive.org remembers:

Onstad just stares at this every day and takes a deep sigh and his drawing arm starts aching again, and not only because he’s preparing a fancy risotto to pair with his craft soda

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Laugh all you want but what if they're telling the truth about UNEQUALED SAUCE.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

How Wonderful! posted:

Laugh all you want but what if they're telling the truth about UNEQUALED SAUCE.

If you think about it, "unequalled" is not necessarily a superlative.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

NoneMoreNegative posted:

What I thought this was going to be about, having seen only the BASTILLE part of the image at the time.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
:lol: @ Ray wearing a polo shirt in the Marco Polo reenactment.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Ray has a tricky relationship with knowledge.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Happy Hippo posted:

Ray has a tricky relationship with knowledge.

Ray has to be careful about knowledge. Some is good, but he may want a family some day!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"Old Windmill" is a great name for liquor

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

"Old Windmill" is a great name for liquor

It’s no “ancient shenanigans” but it’s up there.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
I don't even like whiskey, but I would commit to always having a bottle of Liquid Banjo in the house if it was available.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Stringent posted:

I don't even like whiskey, but I would commit to always having a bottle of Liquid Banjo in the house if it was available.

Dude you don't LIKE Liquid Banjo.

What you LIKE is that you're holding something the police will wrestle you for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
Ah yeah, "ankle drunk" is one I've used quite a bit irl.