Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
yeah don't watch that right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
at least he could gently caress ee'char

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I watched a random episode of DS9 instead. It was the Aphasia Virus episode.

Quark has kept his bar open in violation of the lockdown, claiming it is an essential service.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
There's a lot of DS9 episodes that get harder and grimmer to watch with each passing year.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

mossyfisk posted:

I watched a random episode of DS9 instead. It was the Aphasia Virus episode.

Quark has kept his bar open in violation of the lockdown, claiming it is an essential service.

Bread

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

That's a very good episode as Colm Meaney's acting chops are on full display; like the scene where he's losing his poo poo on DS9, rather than O'Brian's cheerful complaining

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Laterite posted:

There's a lot of DS9 episodes that get harder and grimmer to watch with each passing year.

Honestly curious for a list of that

Actually that hosed up two parter with poor ghettos in the past springs to mind, but no fair picking that one, that was a criticism of RL politics at the time

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Remember when Wesley got his mom trapped in a warp bubble and she went insane as the crew kept disappearing one by one? Also the one where Picard gets mind probed and lives a whole lifetime on that doomed alien planet and learns the flute?

gently caress star trek.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Laterite posted:

every year it gets harder to sit through a Keiko episode

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Nebakenezzer posted:

Honestly curious for a list of that

Actually that hosed up two parter with poor ghettos in the past springs to mind, but no fair picking that one, that was a criticism of RL politics at the time

I've only watched DS9 recently and that episode is really a peak example of "they needed people to watch it on fuzzy CRTs" because in high def it's really distracting how clean the slums are.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I can only dream of a slum like that!

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

every year it gets harder to sit through a Keiko episode

Keiko is good imo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Keiko is cool and good and Rosalind Chao plays her absolutely perfectly.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I have nothing against Rosalind Chao but those episodes are boring-as-hell filler

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Filthy Hans posted:

I have nothing against Rosalind Chao but those episodes are boring-as-hell filler

That episode where she's possessed by a demon is good AF

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Let's compile a list of the O'Brien must suffer episodes

mind prison
infiltrating the space mafia
learning his space mafia friend's wife was brutally murdered
clone o'brien thinks he's real o'brien
demon possessed wife
presumed guilty in cardassian trial
any episode with the shoulder injury
"i tore me pants"
kid goes feral
possessed by tobin dax, the lamest dax
transporter clone riker is rather curt towards o'brien
baby carried by kira and subsequent sexual awkwardness
almost dying on that planet alone with bashir
tasked with getting worf drunk enough to talk through his problems
honey, i shrunk the runabout
peer pressured into telling a cloud to go away
blamed by kirk for starting the fight on the tribble station
transporter room duty on the D
nog pulls rank on the only enlisted man in star trek
huge irish head
excellent acting career that isn't recognized outside britain as much as it should be

Animal-Mother fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 22, 2020

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Animal-Mother posted:

mind prison
demon possessed wife
"i tore me pants"
kid goes feral
huge irish head
excellent acting career that isn't recognized outside britain as much as it should be

S tier Trek episode

also you should include any episode where O'Brien has to play Falcon for the nth time in holodeck because Bashir must always indulge his narcissistic fantasies

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Filthy Hans posted:

S tier Trek episode

also you should include any episode where O'Brien has to play Falcon for the nth time in holodeck because Bashir must always indulge his narcissistic fantasies

I dunno, I think an engineer would have great fun playing the destructor

Fun fact from the old star trek threads: Meaney and Alexander Siddiq became bros in real life

Tulip posted:

I've only watched DS9 recently and that episode is really a peak example of "they needed people to watch it on fuzzy CRTs" because in high def it's really distracting how clean the slums are.

Some movies as well

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Filthy Hans posted:

that only happened once because "the bond people" got mad

the sherlock holmes people were much more amenable

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Nebakenezzer posted:

Some movies as well

"It's an obvious fake, Marcus."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nebakenezzer posted:

Some movies as well

The older I get the more Harrison Ford's genuine contempt for the fans makes sense.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Animal-Mother posted:

mind prison
demon possessed wife
"i tore me pants"
kid goes feral
huge irish head

There's also the time Worf and Dax kept calling the wedding off and he and bashir couldn't eat the huge stack of pancakes and steak dinner for seven days

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Remember the time when O'Brien literally died and was replaced by a time-duplicate from a timeline where DS9 was blown the gently caress up

Also when he got Bashir to learn alien poker-roulette to break Quark's winning streak but all for nought as Quark psyches Bashir into losing

And on Earth a changeling spy shows up as O'Brien right in front of Sisko and openly trolls the poo poo out of him

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like to imagine Sisko couldn't help but resent and treat O'Brien a little worse after that day

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Remember the time when O'Brien literally died and was replaced by a time-duplicate from a timeline where DS9 was blown the gently caress up

Which one was this?

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

FunkyAl posted:

Which one was this?

Visionary

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M_ZL0hy8pw

this is assault what the gently caress

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

O'Brien and Keiko loved each other very much and that whole feral child scenario worked itself out via time bullshit, 8/10 marriage

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I've always been extremely angry that the spider is not on deep space nine

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I just remembered that in Babylon 5 the only major black character was the doctor and, coincidentally, was the only major character to get addicted to space smack

what a coincidence

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Animal-Mother posted:

keiko is clearly trying to set them up so they can form a deep and wholesome three-way relationship but they don't catch her signals and everyone misses out. that bajoran guy kira had the hots for was a dipshit anyway forget him. in this 90,000-word fanfic i will

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Angepain posted:

keiko is clearly trying to set them up so they can form a deep and wholesome three-way relationship but they don't catch her signals and everyone misses out. that bajoran guy kira had the hots for was a dipshit anyway forget him. in this 90,000-word fanfic i will

You've committed to writing a 90k word fanfic, do it.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Angepain posted:

Keiko was cool

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pick posted:

I've always been extremely angry that the spider is not on deep space nine

Just pretend its skin flakes make Bajorans bust out into hives or something

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nebakenezzer posted:

I last watched this episode in the summer of 2016 or thereabouts, and I remember actually saying, when Bashir asked just how Earth had let things get this bad at the very end, "well, you'll never believe the dipshit America elected president..."

I, er, thought it was a joke.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
seriously, o'brien has a far longer memory of his time with ee'char than his wife.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

was anyone in the Trek universe overtly racist enough to call him Potatoes O'Brien to his face

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Angepain posted:

Keiko did take the whole thing in stride. I do wonder if she was just like 'gently caress yes, I don't have to go through THAT all over again', especially considering the circumstances of her first child.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

I just remembered that in Babylon 5 the only major black character was the doctor and, coincidentally, was the only major character to get addicted to space smack

what a coincidence

it was space meth, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 273 days!

Filthy Hans posted:

what a coincidence

isnt it the "doctor turns to stims due to overworking himself" plotline? because they literally do that with the nice old white doctor in bsg

i don't remember though maybe he just smokes space crack and it's super rascist