Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hoooly poo poo, that's a loving subhuman woman right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

She wasn't pulling a Permit Patty. She was pulling a Carolyn Donham: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/02/09/emmett-till-family-wants-truth-accuser-lies/97683096/ (trying to get a black man killed)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah literally she was trying to get that guy shot to death for the crime of Being Black In Public. gently caress that shithead.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
She's issued an apology and shockingly she didn't go for the usual "this isn't who I am" angle, she instead went for the "Wait, cops shoot black people?? Well how the heck was I supposed to know that!!!" gambit

quote:

"I sincerely and humbly apologize to everyone, especially to that man, his family," she said in a phone call. "It was unacceptable and I humbly and fully apologize to everyone who’s seen that video, everyone that’s been offended…everyone who thinks of me in a lower light and I understand why they do."

"When I think about the police, I’m such a blessed person. I’ve come to realize especially today that I think of [the police] as a protection agency, and unfortunately, this has caused me to realize that there are so many people in this country that don’t have that luxury," she continued.
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...FlowTwt_NYBrand

:airquote: Luxury :airquote:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dyllyp/status/1264993857613164544

I know it's wrong of me, but drat I hope there's a spike in gunshot wounds.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

It isn't.

Also lol @ the cat's "drat, dude" expression.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

She's issued an apology and shockingly she didn't go for the usual "this isn't who I am" angle, she instead went for the "Wait, cops shoot black people?? Well how the heck was I supposed to know that!!!" gambit

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...FlowTwt_NYBrand

:airquote: Luxury :airquote:

I would've bet money on her going with that defense given how obviously she knew that's what she was threatening.

e: lol at "racially charged" making an appearance in under 5 seconds in that news report.

e2: described as "a squabble" in 15 seconds.

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 07:32 on May 26, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

While I don't doubt this is true I do hate that there is like 0 source for these pictures.

Like dude throws up 3 pictures of dudes pointing guns at their dicks and says random thing but with nothing to back it up as far as I can see.

Why not screenshot the original post or wherever they got this from?

The real shad is the second picture of the dude in the toyota going 60+ MPH while pointing the gun at his dick.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Thinking about all those squabbles I had where people tried to get cops to kill me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I hate twitter.

ANYWAY!

This dude found those pictures 7 days ago and posted about it (again no source but he wasn't making any claims for likes and retweets). Best part is there is a 4th picture in there where someone is watching one of these dumbasses take the picture lol.

https://twitter.com/yungdresscode/status/1262836167990542340?s=20

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Goddamn those dog tweets are depressing. She knows it's made up bullshit and is calling the cops risking a dude's life for what? The huge prize of letting her dog walk off a leash. She even makes herself sound panicked on the phone to the cops.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ilmucche posted:

She even makes herself sound panicked on the phone to the cops.

It's all horrible but that part in particular boiled my blood.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

ilmucche posted:

Goddamn those dog tweets are depressing. She knows it's made up bullshit and is calling the cops risking a dude's life for what? The huge prize of letting her dog walk off a leash. She even makes herself sound panicked on the phone to the cops.

To exercise her power as a white woman against a black man.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

"We pretend to take action until this blows over."
Also presumably the police will take action against her for fabricating a 911-call right?
Lol who am I kidding.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

That loving while lady story ruined my entire night. Just gently caress people like that. She's not going to get punished, not learn anything, get some POC killed eventually and nothing is going to get better. I'm actually suicidally depressed now, thanks.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Good news - she's probably going to lose her job and the dog rescue where she got the dog from has taken the dog back.

And just reposting this from elsewhere. CNN's gotten a hold of the story now, too.

A white woman has apologized after calling police on a black man and saying 'there's an African American man threatening my life'

quote:

The incident began between 7:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. Monday morning, both parties told CNN Monday.
Christian Cooper, who described himself as an avid bird watcher, was out birding in the Ramble. The area is a "a major birding hotspot. It's on the Atlantic flyway," he said.
That's when he says he saw a dog off its leash.
"That's important to us birders because we know that dogs won't be off leash at all and we can go there to see the ground-dwelling birds," Christian Cooper said. "People spend a lot of money and time planting in those areas as well. Nothing grows in a dog run for a reason."

"He was running in an open field. This man, he was bird watching. He came out of the bush," she said, adding that Christian Cooper was screaming at her.
Christian Cooper says the dog was "tearing through the plantings," and he told Amy Cooper the dog needed to be on a leash. He says he was not screaming at Amy Cooper, and "was actually pretty calm."
The two went back-and-forth about the dog leash. Christian Cooper, according to his Facebook post, then told the Amy Cooper: "Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it."
"I didn't know what that meant. When you're alone in a wooded area, that's absolutely terrifying right?" Amy Cooper said.
That's when Christian Cooper says he pulled out dog treats. He told CNN he keeps dog treats with him to get dog owners to put their dogs on leashes. Christian Cooper said dog owners, in his experience, hate it when a stranger feeds their dog treats and immediately restrain their dogs afterwards.
Amy Cooper says he was throwing them at her dog, Christian Cooper says he never threw any treats.
And that's when he started recording the incident, Christian Cooper said on Facebook.

What happened in the video?

The video begins with Amy Cooper pulling her dog by the collar and telling Christian Cooper to stop recording.
"Please don't come close to me," Christian Cooper says, as she approaches
"Sir, I'm asking you to stop recording me," Amy Cooper says.
He asks her again not to come close.
That's when Amy Cooper says she's going to call the police.
"I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life," she says.
"Please tell them whatever you like," Christian Cooper says.
The video shows Amy Cooper on her phone.
"There's a man, African American, he has a bicycle helmet," she says. "He is recording me and threatening me and my dog."

I mean, just bold the whole drat thing.

She walked up to him, then called the cops saying there was a black man threatening her.

Obvious parallels to the white lady who called the cops on a black man trying to enter his building. Got all up in his face being a nasty piece of work, then called the cops to try and have him killed and cried "I was so frightened" when the backlash came.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Can I have one day where I'm not reminded that people want me dead because I'm brown?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Everyone wants to poo poo on white men, but I've never had a white dude call me a wetback or a spic

White women though? All the loving time

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
[redacting - was a bad joke anyway]

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

BallisticClipboard posted:

That loving while lady story ruined my entire night. Just gently caress people like that. She's not going to get punished, not learn anything, get some POC killed eventually and nothing is going to get better. I'm actually suicidally depressed now, thanks.

I don't have anything profound to say, but I really hope you have someone to talk to and find comfort in. If you just want someone else on the other end, hit my PMs, but dude I really hope you're okay.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/VpcX5h3.mp4

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 09:22 on May 26, 2020

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Hoooly poo poo, that's a loving subhuman woman right there.

this one right here officer

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Can I have one day where I'm not reminded that people want me dead because I'm brown?

Like GrandpaPants just said, PM me if you need someone to talk. Don't let The Karen's of the world get you down.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Good news - she's probably going to lose her job and the dog rescue where she got the dog from has taken the dog back.

And just reposting this from elsewhere. CNN's gotten a hold of the story now, too.

A white woman has apologized after calling police on a black man and saying 'there's an African American man threatening my life'

I mean, just bold the whole drat thing.

She walked up to him, then called the cops saying there was a black man threatening her.

Obvious parallels to the white lady who called the cops on a black man trying to enter his building. Got all up in his face being a nasty piece of work, then called the cops to try and have him killed and cried "I was so frightened" when the backlash came.

Wait are both these people called Cooper?

She was apparently well known to bird spotters in the area as never having her dog under control. That's how my wife heard about it before it blew up over night.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Aramoro posted:

Wait are both these people called Cooper?

She was apparently well known to bird spotters in the area as never having her dog under control. That's how my wife heard about it before it blew up over night.

Buster and Babs Bunny, no relation.

I saw a tweet that collected multiple posts from her IG and one from the rescue that highlighted injuries this dog suffered. It made it sound like the un-leashed behavior led to some, or worse, she was directly responsible.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

A movie theater in Malaysia closed down for two months because of the pandemic and shut off the AC, you can already guess where this is going:

https://www.news.com.au/finance/bus...3a334e559e13cd9

This is assalt

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/VpcX5h3.mp4

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope.

This actually made me go look up the price of some jack stands which is what this rear end in a top hat really needs. While they're about $50-$110, which is a deal on not being crushed to death.

In fact, why not rent a loving hoist at that point?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
How do you even work on a jacked up truck normally? You'd have to have a lift at minimum. My favorite is people with trucks trying to work in the engine and standing on tip-toes next to it their head is just barely above the hood.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Jack stands would not elevate the vehicle that high, and certainly aren't used to support the weight of the entire car by the bumper. :wtc:

For what he's doing it seems like he could have driven it up on some ramps instead.

I see something more horrifying every time I look at that video.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

The real shad is the second picture of the dude in the toyota going 60+ MPH while pointing the gun at his dick.

I am very sorry to say he was a coward, as that's a single-action gun with the hammer left uncocked so it can't fire.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
holy poo poo the racist dog abuser. she deserves to be on the loving street not a word of exaggeration. that steams my biscuits.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Walrus posted:

holy poo poo the racist dog abuser. she deserves to be on the loving street not a word of exaggeration. that steams my biscuits.

She will remain rich and nothing will change.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

LifeSunDeath posted:

She will remain rich and nothing will change.

Cool thanks for pointing that out.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Roblo posted:

Cool thanks for pointing that out.

She's some insurance VP, she's already the literal devil before she choked her dog and tried to murder that dude by cops...but there's not justice in the world so don't get your hopes up.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I think I saw somewhere that she already lost her job.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Taeke posted:

I think I saw somewhere that she already lost her job.

She's been placed on administrative leave. It'd be goddamn ridiculous for her firm not to follow through and actually fire her but we live in a stupid hellworld so :shrug:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

She's been placed on administrative leave. It'd be goddamn ridiculous for her firm not to follow through and actually fire her but we live in a stupid hellworld so :shrug:

HR is waiting to see how far this blows up on social media. Hence the 'heartfelt' mea culpa by the woman.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

CNN's gotten a hold of the story now, too.

She's toast.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

gently caress, the thought of this pile of poo poo losing her dog and job as being "justice" for trying to get a man killed for being black makes me sick.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I walked up the side track to the Thousand Steps this morning, and as I was heading up there were two Karens walking their dog up the track. To get to this point, you have to have walked past at least 5 signs that say "NATIONAL PARK - NO DOGS NO CATS" in several languages. I didn't say anything because my fat arse was concentrating on not dying on the gentle incline. I got to the top about ten minutes later, and took a large lap around the picnic area while my heart rate settled.

As I was about to go back down the track, I passed the ladies in question again... getting a ticket from a Parks officer for bringing their dog into the park. He was leaning on one of the signs as he issued it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Memento posted:

As I was about to go back down the track, I passed the ladies in question again... getting a ticket from a Parks officer for bringing their dog into the park. He was leaning on one of the signs as he issued it.

:neckbeard: