Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)
Also the quiche 2 pack is v v v good and super convenient. One of the better pre-made breakfastie things I've found, and like $7.

edit: also fucken get a new flavor of Lacroix ya butts, lime is boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Lobsterboy posted:

Also the quiche 2 pack is v v v good and super convenient. One of the better pre-made breakfastie things I've found, and like $7.

edit: also fucken get a new flavor of Lacroix ya butts, lime is boring.

I had Key Lime in the last pack and it is wonderful.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I prefer Waterloo personally

Hint is my fav rn but they dont sell at costco

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

One day they'll carry the coconut LaCroix and I'll become ascended

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

StormDrain posted:

I had Key Lime in the last pack and it is wonderful.

Key Lime is a definite top3 lacroix for me. Tangerine / Berry for me, Tang / Lemon for my wife.

Alan Smithee posted:

I prefer Waterloo personally

Hint is my fav rn but they dont sell at costco

Waterloo is good but the black cherry tastes like cough syrup when its warm, grapefruit is great. I've never seen Hint so now I must find it.

Also I got the Capeline on a whim, they are... average.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I prefer the Ice Mountain sparkling water. Spindrift is good too. But I almost always buy the Kirkland brand anyway because it's not that much worse and it's by far the best bang for your buck with the sparking waters. A 36 pack for $8.99 is a great deal.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I want Costco to carry Topo Chico, the superior sparkling water.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I picked up some Polar on my last trip. Grapefruit, black cherry, lime, and cranberry-lime. I'm not the biggest grapefruit fan in general, but this may be the best I've had.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I just grilled up some Kirkland brats, and they were really good. Are they a seasonal offering, or are they usually available year round?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

GI_Clutch posted:

I picked up some Polar on my last trip. Grapefruit, black cherry, lime, and cranberry-lime. I'm not the biggest grapefruit fan in general, but this may be the best I've had.

And those are all the worst Polar flavors by far, too.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Orvin posted:

I just grilled up some Kirkland brats, and they were really good. Are they a seasonal offering, or are they usually available year round?

The Kirkland brats are very good but yes, they are seasonal. You can freeze them though and that's what I did with half of what I bought today, otherwise they don't have a very long shelf life. They should be carrying them through Labor Day though, so you have plenty of time to get more.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Lobsterboy posted:

Key Lime is a definite top3 lacroix for me. Tangerine / Berry for me, Tang / Lemon for my wife.

Waterloo is good but the black cherry tastes like cough syrup when its warm, grapefruit is great. I've never seen Hint so now I must find it.

Also I got the Capeline on a whim, they are... average.

Keep in mind Hint is not carbonated

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Not sure if this post fits in better in the China thread or here, but we tried going to the Costco in Busan in a desperate attempt to get Western foods and ingredients and were kind of disappointed in the selection.

There weren't really that many things we couldn't find elsewhere. They had a lot of cheeses, which was cool, but not really much else that was special. And honestly, there's a place near there that had more cheeses.

We got some semi-affordable avocados at least.

But the things they did have, they obviously had in bulk. So like while I wanted tortilla chips, did I really want $20 worth of them? :/

It only cost $30 to get a membership though, which I think is cheaper than the US though?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

did you eat your hot dog with costco kimchi

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
So if you haven't made grilled cheese sandwiches with costco cheese bagels you owe it to yourself to rectify that error.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shadow0 posted:

So like while I wanted tortilla chips, did I really want $20 worth of them? :/

My man if you have to ask this then maybe Costco ain’t the place for you.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Resting Lich Face posted:

So if you haven't made grilled cheese sandwiches with costco cheese bagels you owe it to yourself to rectify that error.

i still have the other half i bought last month in the freezer. The new hardness really got me down ngl

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

What the hell, why are the tortilla chips so expensive

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
i go to costco sometimes. they have some good stuff there

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

stealie72 posted:

And also, just as a way to start your charcoal. You never run out of chimney, unlike lighter fluid.

Not only do they make small chimneys specifically for this purpose, you can make one yourself easily with a (metal) coffee can .

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

did you eat your hot dog with costco kimchi

Costco hot dogs with Costco kimchi rolled in sugar, as is tradition!

I actually don't even remember seeing a food court, so no. :(

MarcusSA posted:

My man if you have to ask this then maybe Costco ain’t the place for you.

:hmmyes:

I mean I was convinced. My partner, however, was not.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What the hell, why are the tortilla chips so expensive

Supply and demand.

If you want to buy them in regular stores, you can get Lunchable-quality ones but with like half the chips for like $6.
Like these kind of chips:

I took some photos if someone wants to see Korean Costco:
https://imgur.com/a/BaP00hE

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Shadow0 posted:

I took some photos if someone wants to see Korean Costco:
https://imgur.com/a/BaP00hE

Yo what the gently caress, Churro Cinnamon Toast Crunch? I want iiiiittttt.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Never would have thought to put these two flavors together

does this count as fusion or not :thunk:

is this a sex thing?

It's a sex thing isn't it

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

is this a sex thing?

It's a sex thing isn't it

Those are sheet masks. Single use paper masks soaked in skincare goo. They all have different ingredients designed to help with things like moisturizing, brightening/whitening (not actually to make your skin lighter, but more even and glowy), soothing, anti-aging, stuff like that.

Mediheal is a popular Korean brand, and sheet masks are usually thought of as a Korean beauty thing. USA Costco sells them too, but it's usually Lapcos brand or right now they are selling When brand masks where I'm at now.

They do look creepy as hell when worn, however.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Fashionably Great posted:

My wife likes to recreate the CPR scene from The Office whenever she puts one on.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fashionably Great posted:

Those are sheet masks. Single use paper masks soaked in skincare goo. They all have different ingredients designed to help with things like moisturizing, brightening/whitening (not actually to make your skin lighter, but more even and glowy), soothing, anti-aging, stuff like that.

Mediheal is a popular Korean brand, and sheet masks are usually thought of as a Korean beauty thing. USA Costco sells them too, but it's usually Lapcos brand or right now they are selling When brand masks where I'm at now.

I like a good snail mucus mask

Or the snake extract one

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I gotta respect Korea’s cheese game. Lots of Korean hot pot/plate restaurants around here and soooo much cheese. I love it.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Waterloo sparkling water. It's like $6 for 24 and has good flavors that don't taste watered down or artificial.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

number 1 snake fan posted:

Why the gently caress would you "sear" in a nonstick

I guess sear isnt the right word, basically the idea is to use a layer of very hot oil to cover the bottom of the pan to evenly and quickly fry the outside of the meat. It doesn't have to be in a nonstick, but thin pans heat quickly and i find cast iron smokes a lot. i read about doing it this way recently and it works really well. i used to be a food snob but now i just do what works and gently caress you if you dont like it

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Also you can get non-teflon based nonstick. I got a ceramic set at church. they work great. pbuc.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Not Korean but you should always put lots of cheese in your breakfast ramen

And you should always be making ramen for breakfast

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I already make really good steaks but damned if that doesn’t make me want to learn more about sous vide.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Usin' that tower fan right now that I got on sale for cheap at Costco last year. Pretty good.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Lobsterboy posted:

I was super disappointed in the ones we bought. The consistency wasn't right, and the shell wasn't very good.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Korean beauty products are amazing.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

large hands posted:

I guess sear isnt the right word, basically the idea is to use a layer of very hot oil to cover the bottom of the pan to evenly and quickly fry the outside of the meat. It doesn't have to be in a nonstick, but thin pans heat quickly and i find cast iron smokes a lot. i read about doing it this way recently and it works really well. i used to be a food snob but now i just do what works and gently caress you if you dont like it

That's essentially the definition of searing. The issue is that it's very easy to get Teflon past the point where the coating breaks down. If your cast iron is smoking that means it's really hot. If you heat your Teflon pan to that same temperature it's going to be damaged.

MRC48B posted:

Also you can get non-teflon based nonstick. I got a ceramic set at church. they work great. pbuc.

We got a Green Pan or whatever there called a few years ago. I don't know if my wife burned it or what, but it is not remotely non-stick.

TraderStav posted:

I already make really good steaks but damned if that doesn’t make me want to learn more about sous vide.

Sous Vide is like magic for most meat and there's a number of other things it can do that are a nice bonus.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sous vide is also cool because it's one of the only meal-cooking gadgets you can just toss in a drat drawer

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Fallom posted:

Sous vide is also cool because it's one of the only meal-cooking gadgets you can just toss in a drat drawer

Not when it’s running

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Costco used to sell these stupid things and my daughter loved them. Haven't seen them in a while though, anyone else seen them lately?

https://www.donleefarms.com/product-page/grilled-antibiotic-free-chicken-patties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacebard
Jan 1, 2007

Football~
Got some of the butter croissants. A nice and unhealthy breakfast.

Slicing them open, filling with Kirkland-brand chocolate chips, and warming them made them much more unhealthier delicious. :chef: