Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Does this make the Tesla not want to drive forward or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I wonder how the AI treats a traffic cone that's moving forward at a constant speed.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

My favorite Tesla tidbit that maybe they’ve fixed is that if the battery dies you can’t open the car door from the outside.

(Not sure about the inside).

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Stultus Maximus posted:

I wonder how the AI treats a traffic cone that's moving forward at a constant speed.

Burns the occupants to death

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Woofer posted:

My favorite Tesla tidbit that maybe they’ve fixed is that if the battery dies you can’t open the car door from the outside.

They had some guys burn to death inside the previous model, now the inside door handles have two stops, an electric release first then a mechanical if you pull further.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

CommieGIR posted:

They had some guys burn to death inside the previous model, now the inside door handles have two stops, an electric release first then a mechanical if you pull further.

Yeah, there was some old dude down the road from me who was one of the dudes who got burned to death because he couldn't open the door.

I don't know what the devil is going on around here but I've seen 3 teslas burnt to the ground so far.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

People drive Teslas like loving idiots in a brand new way because of their insane torque and acceleration curve

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Current event: seeing a whole bunch of employees (especially cops) wearing their masks either with their noses out or just around their necks at the Aurora, CO VA hospital

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Looks like it detected a cone instead of cojónes

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Fallom posted:

People drive Teslas like loving idiots in a brand new way because of their insane torque and acceleration curve

Also if you're a person who believes the hype, they're perfectly safe and drive themselves and are basically future cars, so why not get risky, it'll be fine.

Musk is basically the Donald Trump of industry, and like Trump he's revealing there aren't actually rules anymore.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Woofer posted:

The even worse part is they should have learned from when several other auto manufacturers made a similar mistake 15 years ago.

(several models of euro luxury car would lock you out if the battery died)

but hey, move fast, kill people break things, disrupt the market.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

CommieGIR posted:

Well they're definitely qualified to build spacecraft then

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MRC48B posted:

The even worse part is they should have learned from when several other auto manufacturers made a similar mistake 15 years ago.

(several models of euro luxury car would lock you out if the battery died)

but hey, move fast, kill people break things, disrupt the market.

There was some recent fancy-looking BMW that had a bizarre way to manually open the doors that I would never be able to figure out for the first time in an emergency

nut
Jul 30, 2019

CommieGIR posted:

Sounds more like an edison

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Musk may be a garbage person, but I am seriously not giving up my Model S because it really is the best thing I've ever owned.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Madurai posted:

Musk may be a garbage person, but I am seriously not giving up my Model S because it really is the best thing I've ever owned.

I don’t think a better summary of the United States has ever been written

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Madurai posted:

:tesla::rip:

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Fallom posted:

Former coworker who always talked of being strapped for cash got one after his other car died and the first thing he did when getting a bunch of us in it to go out for lunch was launch into a turn at way too high a speed.

Was oddly out of character as he was otherwise a very level-headed and chill dude.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Personally, I'd argue that the question of "Should we have robust social services" and "Should we have a gigantic bloated military" aren't mutually exclusive. The United States is an immensely rich and powerful country, and we can absolutely afford to implement a much more vast and comprehensive safety net on top of our existing defense expenditures—especially given that many social programs (Such as food stamps) ultimately generate more revenue than they expend. The challenge there is convincing enough people that protecting, educating, and raising up their fellow citizens isn't a burden, but an opportunity.

With regard to defense spending, the question there that needs to be asked is: What are we trying to do, and what are the long-term and short-term costs of doing so? If we want the US to maintain a global posture with the ability to strike anywhere at nearly any time, with force projection abilities unrivaled by any other country in history, then that's going to be extremely loving expensive and instead of considering arbitrary cuts, we should instead weigh the costs and benefits of doing so, or otherwise consider targeted cuts or reforms to shave the budget without degrading the capabilities that we want the military to have.

the dream of the 90s is alive in gip

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Doc Hawkins posted:

the dream of the 90s is alive in gip

Good text for next month

The Ghost Writer
Jun 27, 2012
:ghost:
Shameful Outlet

Perfect excuse to post my masterpiece

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
My buddy that has a Tesla was telling me awhile back about turning on autopilot in heavy traffic and just reading a paperback. I'm not going to try and argue with him, I inherit his cat if he dies.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
How did I not hear there's gonna be a new season of The Kids in the Hall next year until now? Because, yeah, there's going to be a new season of The Kids in the Hall next year on Amazon.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1265363492464406528?s=20

This is not likely about justice, they may be trying to avoid a federal civil rights investigation as the move they executed was prohibited by a 1995 Federal guideline.

Good that they're fired. It's a start.

You're supposed to put your knee on their back / lower back until and only until they are secured and handcuffed. Then you're supposed to get off of them immediately, and get them onto their sides so they don't asphyxiate and die. If they're still fighting when they're cuffed, you put on a spit mask and shackle their feet and put them in the patrol car. That's it.

This poor man wasn't resisting. Doesnt loving matter if he made you run, hosed you up, or how much he resisted before. He was secure. There's literally no excuse for what they did and how they did it. Even if this guy was a murder suspect, there's never an excuse for this poo poo. They better be charged. This should infuriate everyone. The guys on him need to be charged with murder.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Knives Amilli posted:

And here I was tempted to read Outlaw Platoon. Didnt know Parnell was an aspiring politician and republican bootlicker.

(Not to dig something up but I saw this this morning and had to drive all day and wanted to respond)

You didn't miss anything on the book, it was mostly bullshit. Source: Me, it was my first deployment. Parnell would probably be a chud but I do think he legitimately cares about veteran issues at least.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Fallom posted:

There was some recent fancy-looking BMW that had a bizarre way to manually open the doors that I would never be able to figure out for the first time in an emergency

I'm guessing it was the i8. Behind you and there's a secondary step!

The first time is rode in a Tesla, the owner freaked out when I used the manual release because apparently using it can damage the door. Brilliant.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Well they're definitely qualified to build spacecraft then

Thankfully SpaceX keeps Musk far, far away from the engineering. Its totally different than the slapped together hackjob that is Tesla's produciton.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

It was an Apollo 1 reference

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

How did I not hear there's gonna be a new season of The Kids in the Hall next year until now? Because, yeah, there's going to be a new season of The Kids in the Hall next year on Amazon.

Did Dave Foley finally find a way to not have to pay his ex-wife like 75% of whatever he's making to do it?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Handsome Ralph posted:

Did Dave Foley finally find a way to not have to pay his ex-wife like 75% of whatever he's making to do it?

the first ex wife? he remarried his 2nd ex wife a few years back

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Cross posting from the Minnesota thread, but poo poo seems to be kicking off in Minneapolis. MPD appears to be responding to the protest with a massive show of force, tear gas, and flashbangs...
https://twitter.com/KeaonDousti/status/1265437893255933954?s=19
https://twitter.com/BLongStPaul/status/1265444444129591296?s=19

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265427539008380928?s=20

I wanna see twitter give the prez a sixer lol

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Cugel the Clever posted:

Cross posting from the Minnesota thread, but poo poo seems to be kicking off in Minneapolis. MPD appears to be responding to the protest with a massive show of force, tear gas, and flashbangs...

Disgusting.

I'm sure Trump will add some fuel to the fire shortly.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

LingcodKilla posted:

Disgusting.

I'm sure Trump will add some fuel to the fire shortly.

Prayers UP for the brave police officer who subdued a criminal so hard that he sprained his knee!

The MPD murder of a black man dovetails horrifically with Central Park Karen calling 911 and threatening state violence on a black dude for pointing out that she was in the wrong.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Cugel the Clever posted:

Would this have happened if all of the protesters were open carrying? :nsallears:

These guys need to up their protest to the next level!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
China's got a promising vaccine in development.

What will Trump do if China is the first to develop a vaccine?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Stultus Maximus posted:

Idk but a part of me wants them to tell trump to gently caress off forever if he asks for it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Stultus Maximus posted:

Claim it causes the virus

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

That Works posted:

Claim it causes the virus

Claim that they had the vaccine the whole time because they created the virus just to look like heroes when they came up with the vaccine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Arven posted:

Claim that they had the vaccine the whole time because they created the virus just to look like heroes when they came up with the vaccine.
Its gunna be this. Goddammit.