Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Story Mode epilogue episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
It's gonna be a set of wallpaper backgrounds or something of similar value and everyone is going to be sad.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

They've got everyone locked in and up to date with CE, so now would of course be the time to release new DLC

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Announcing that they're ceasing support of online/matchmaking starting June 1st.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
Special download codes for Fight Money on cans of RC Cola.

E: I now genuinely can't shake the feeling that it's going to be "gently caress it, actual F2P."

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 26, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

new trials and a new survival difficulty

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

More of those advertisement costumes.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Stadia port

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Baron Snow posted:

More of those advertisement costumes.

You don't know how long I spent trying to figure what "style" it "added".

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sfv wont add anyone the select grid is full
The exciting news is going to be the evo 2020 poo poo they made pre covid that they will try to sell

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
"It's been a great four years making Street Fighter V alongside you all, and we're excited as fans to see where Swery-san and his team take it from here."

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
I know I’m the only person in the world who wants it but I wish they’d add Gen and Dan.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Thirteen Orphans posted:

I know I’m the only person in the world who wants it but I wish they’d add Gen and Dan.

Oro > Gen

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Dangly bits > flowing beard

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Looking forward to them adding Decapre.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
just give me sf6 already

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Live Free posted:

just give me sf6 already

Alpha 4 tho

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

you mean ex 4

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

id be fine with this

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

Isn’t SFIV essentially the spiritual successor to EX3?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

it was the next one that came out

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
As long as they don't make a new Darkstalkers I'm cool with capcom

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Overbite posted:

As long as they don't make a new Darkstalkers I'm cool with capcom

monkeys paw curls, darkstalkers 4 coming soon developed by david sirlin

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Online Puzzle Fighter Mode

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Thirteen Orphans posted:

Isn’t SFIV essentially the spiritual successor to EX3?

the SF ex series has too many vs game style mechanics (ex3 was a full on tag game) to say it's the same as sf4

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

darealkooky posted:

the SF ex series has too many vs game style mechanics (ex3 was a full on tag game) to say it's the same as sf4

I completely forgot about the tag mechanics. Never mind!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
A "Puzzle" mode that starts you in a matchup related disadvantage that you must find a way out of with a limited number of actions/resources.

Who am I kidding, no way a fighting game would actually teach a player how to play.

(Thank you guilty gear)

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I'm going through the MK11 storyline for the first time and I do have to give it to NRS; a lot of these sound effects and moves sound and look like they hurt

Like, I see Jade and her staff looks and sounds like it hurts like hell. Compare this to something like Falke from SFV where her staff sounds worse than a nerf bat. Thinking about it, I think Guilty Gear and maybe SamSho are the only other FGs that really impressed me from a sound design standpoint

Edit: Actually wait, add Virtua Fighter to this list even if those sound effects are extra as hell

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The old samsho soundtracks are :discourse:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

SamSho is sick, but also the new MK storyline is pretty neat, Shang Tsung is absolutely loving every second of his Backstabbing Literally Everyone world tour.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Wrong thread i know, but when is capcom gonna stop dicking around and make a proper loving sequel to Final Fight. I wanna see that rather than "Hey guys, Capcom here, we're putting sponsors back on!" announcement that it'll probably be.

I'm having way too much fun replaying Streets of Rage 4

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Yardbomb posted:

SamSho is sick, but also the new MK storyline is pretty neat, Shang Tsung is absolutely loving every second of his Backstabbing Literally Everyone world tour.

I'm playing through the new storyline and it is absolutely hilarious for that reason.

"Okay hey, I know this looks weird but please hear me out"
"You're hanging out with Shang Tsung, gently caress no"
"..... okay, true, but.."

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I don't have the Aftermath DLC yet, but after playing through a couple of the new character towers, Fujin is absolutely going to be everywhere online in a few weeks.

Shinji2015 fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 27, 2020

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Fargin Icehole posted:

Wrong thread i know, but when is capcom gonna stop dicking around and make a proper loving sequel to Final Fight. I wanna see that rather than "Hey guys, Capcom here, we're putting sponsors back on!" announcement that it'll probably be.

I'm having way too much fun replaying Streets of Rage 4

It becomes appropriate by them announcing Final Fight Revenge 2. Forget a finger, the whole monkey's paw rolls up like a curtain.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Shinji2015 posted:

I don't have the Aftermath DLC yet, but after playing through a couple of the new xharacter towers, Fujin is absolutely going to be everywhere online in a few weeks.

Yeah after playing as him a short while, I was like okay this guy has tons of easy to pull off bullshit that he can do

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

HerniaFlange posted:

It becomes appropriate by them announcing Final Fight Revenge 2. Forget a finger, the whole monkey's paw rolls up like a curtain.

Streetwise 2

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Digital Eclipse's Samsho collection includes Samsho V Perfect, the unreleased final revision of Samsho 5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d02OqwH-Q5E

Epic Store: June 11
Steam: June 18
PS4/Switch: June 28

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Shinji2015 posted:

I don't have the Aftermath DLC yet, but after playing through a couple of the new character towers, Fujin is absolutely going to be everywhere online in a few weeks.

I'm certain many people have always wanted to play an anime airdash character in MK and here's their chance.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Digital Eclipse's Samsho collection includes Samsho V Perfect, the unreleased final revision of Samsho 5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d02OqwH-Q5E

Epic Store: June 11
Steam: June 18
PS4/Switch: June 28

Whoa....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

It's brutal because I think it's been proven at this point, after years and years of people trying, that there's actually no money in fighting games. It's all a lie. But orgs that can run sponsorship teams and trick people into getting a paycheck until they collapse dangle that carrot and just mentally exhaust the people good enough for it to be a reality for them. Which loving sucks. Like arcades still don't exist in the US, but there are esports orgs that sponsor people to play in arcades and pretend that's possible. It's hosed up

Pro fighting games are in a weird spot where all the players best equipped to get paid don't are desperate to sell out but also unwilling to do any of the corporate esports poo poo that would bring in actual money, so you end up with lots of people who are blatant shills but don't actually gain a whole lot from it.