Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Did we win?

I don't know that I have much of a scum meta, my posting is generally reflective of my free time, but I appreciate the effort of going to look back. I'm also glad you are back and I hope you keep playing! All of you! (but especially dhaes)

Flawless, baby :clint:

This'll probably be my only game for a while, I'll be starting a pretty heavy schedule with my rotations for most of the next year and then I'll be studying and taking board exams afterward, but it is great to play with you guys again :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Wins is scum.

##vote: wins

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Wins is scum.

I was actually coming to this conclusion myself. Consider me scooped.

I keep forgetting that he's playing, but when I looked back and saw this:

wins32767 posted:

Is Pander my first choice no? But if we can't mobilize Chili, I think we're pretty likely to catch scum with Pander and Hal based on how that swing went down. Hal most especially.

That sort of conditional voting just doesn't look genuine. I'm also not gonna bother doing a mega case or whatever because I've already done one and honestly, it wasn't very good. And yeah, list of three names and statistically we're 90% likely to find scum with the number of players that remain (don't check my math on that, gently caress you).

So here's how I see it: Pander may well be scum, but I don't see his kick happening, so I'd rather go somewhere else, maybe wins, or maybe some other player, we might catch scum that way!

See?

Doesn't that just look scummy as hell?

Instead, how about this:

Wins has not been around and when he has been it's been largely to parrot other posters, provide nothing substantive, and mainly offer suggestions on what the town should do. So far as I can see, there's no scum hunting of any merit whatsoever in his posting.

Post more, I guess.

Until then:

##vote wins

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Chili posted:

I was actually coming to this conclusion myself. Consider me scooped.

I keep forgetting that he's playing, but when I looked back and saw this:

That sort of conditional voting just doesn't look genuine. I'm also not gonna bother doing a mega case or whatever because I've already done one and honestly, it wasn't very good. And yeah, list of three names and statistically we're 90% likely to find scum with the number of players that remain (don't check my math on that, gently caress you).

So here's how I see it: Pander may well be scum, but I don't see his kick happening, so I'd rather go somewhere else, maybe wins, or maybe some other player, we might catch scum that way!

See?

Doesn't that just look scummy as hell?

Instead, how about this:

Wins has not been around and when he has been it's been largely to parrot other posters, provide nothing substantive, and mainly offer suggestions on what the town should do. So far as I can see, there's no scum hunting of any merit whatsoever in his posting.

Post more, I guess.

Until then:

##vote wins

Correct.

You can't say Pander is scum because Chili is scum and then say you'd vote either of them. It's a scum tactic to attempt to push votes and look like you're pushing meaningful contributions.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

wins32767 posted:

So, I went back and did a re-read because the end of the day events really threw me for a loop.

I don't see how voodoofly isn't town after the Spoonsy vig. I wouldn't have played it the way he did, but I can't imagine a scum player not saving a day vig for later and as someone pointed out, if pander was his scum buddy he would have told him to post more in scum chat.
Actually, the more I think about it, the less I think the scum-gavel would be useful in later days. When is a good time to use voodoo's ability for scum? Past D1, there might be night actions that make the lowest post-count person super towny, which kinda forces your hand as scum to either contrive weak bullshit to gavel him, or risk not getting to use your amazing ability for fear of losing the game (since it can't be used mylo/lylo).

As scum, you'd want to use it D1. No roles are out, you can make a reasonable claim you're clearing out lurkers as you kill a town.

So I'm questioning why voodoo worked so hard to get me out of the line of fire for it, to get spoonsy. I deserved it more than he did, in a vacuum. I was the worst lurker, after all. The entire time voodoo was exhorting to post more I'd had like 2 whole posts since the game began.

So why would voodoo with an ability to remove lurkers work so hard to save a lurker? Like, if voodoo really wanted to be purest avatar of voodooflyism, he'd have gaveled me the night before for lurking, and then the spoonsy lynch goes down (he wasn't exactly fighting it). Two lurkers in one day sounds like the platonic state of the voodoofly role.

I'm starting to view it less like voodoofly wanted to use his power to help the town get an extra lynch, and more wanted to signal how righteously he was using his pseudo-vig. I think he was carrying a guilt, knowledge he was just using his power to kill off a towny, and therefore wanted to make his case stronger by killing off *a towny he had insisted was scummy*.

I think a town voodoofly doesn't know my alignment (couldn't, based on my posting volume) and gavels me to see what I flip the night before deadline because holy poo poo I deserved it, and then works to lynch spoonsy. Town's still down two if that happens, but it's the right thought process.

I think a scum voodoofly would rather be able to point to his casework on spoonsy and spoonsy's voteleader status as cover to gavel spoonsy. He's interested in projecting a Towny Mindset, but not actually thinking like a towny would.

I'm gonna re-read voodoo to see how well this holds water given his posting. I'm still struggling to understand why he didn't just gavel me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I made most of those points re: why scum voodoo would gavel like that, but yeah unless you two are scum together I don't know why he wanted it to be on spoonsy so bad unless he just really like playing with you

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I still think voodoo gaveling the way he did was a tip at him being super loving excited to do his super cool thing.

He got to flex real big and, when you consider that he didn't know (or at least that he claims to not have known) that his role would be revealed after, it makes sense that he would get all annoying and demanding. More than him going after either Spoonsy or Pander who basically seemed identical at the time, what he tried to do was show all of the players that he had power and could make things happen.

I get that. On either alignment.

This just isn't reading to me like it is to everyone else. Frankly, I'm more concerned that we're spinning our wheels on something that seems relatively anodyne and dated. More poo poo has happened. Like fine, if we really think Vooodoo is scum for it, than let's loving kick him. The time to do that was with the last-minute rush on D1 imo. But nobody is really coming out and saying that voodoo needs to fall and nothing is actually happening. It's a silly thing to harp on and I'm going to start looking more critically at those who focused on it late d2.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Voodoofly posted:

It was because I thought spoonsy made a couple scummy posts and had been voting him. It’s day 1 and he dissapeared so was also a lurker. I realized if pander just posted a few more times I could lurker kill someone I was already suspicious of rather than just a blind kill.
Like, I look back at the timeline, and spoonsy made a post May 23, 6:42am PST. Voodoo first egged me to post more (indicating he wanted to gavel spoonsy) at 12:18pm PST, just about 5 and a half hours later.

Voodoo used a guy not posting for 5.5 hours on a saturday as evidence of "disappeared"?

That looks like post hoc justification.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I made most of those points re: why scum voodoo would gavel like that, but yeah unless you two are scum together I don't know why he wanted it to be on spoonsy so bad unless he just really like playing with you
I know I'm town, so there are two possibilities I can reckon:

1) He's town, he wanted to use his power to kill scum rather than remove lurkers, and thus worked to get me to post so he could get spoonsy. This is the case voodoo is making.

2) He's scum, and wanted to Use His Power the Way a Towny Would. I threw a monkey wrench in that plan by, uh, lurking. I think if Voodoo's town, he gets annoyed with me lurking and gavels me, but I think a scum mindset would prefer gaveling someone he made a case on.

quote:

Also, for the record, I almost gaveled Jammy yesterday but when I came back to check he was posting and posting fine, which is when I saw Spoonsy was second to last and Pander just needed to make a few more posts to pass him.
This looks like bullshit to me. Jammy's only post for a full day before voodoo started pinging me was this one:

Jamuraan posted:

I'm just really bad at posting, not scum =]

Why would that motivate voodoo to start hitting me up so I could pass spoonsy?

Voodoofly posted:

##vote pander come play with us
I feel like this is a weird phoenix wright case, where I acknowledge there's not many sane realities where voodoo is scum and I'm town, there's just something bugging me about this and I want to dig into it before I let it go.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Pander posted:

"I have my own opinion for interpreting Pander's post to find him scummy" followed by "how exactly can you use your opinion to interpret my posts to find me scummy?" strikes me as a mite hypocritical.

Oh and my issue with this was not that I couldn't be found scummy, but that I was never actually called scummy. But yeah, not gonna harp on it, bigger fish and whatnot.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Voodoo has been transparent In explaining hisrationale for using the dayvig. I’m definitely leaning town on him. O

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Pander posted:

Like, I look back at the timeline, and spoonsy made a post May 23, 6:42am PST. Voodoo first egged me to post more (indicating he wanted to gavel spoonsy) at 12:18pm PST, just about 5 and a half hours later.

Voodoo used a guy not posting for 5.5 hours on a saturday as evidence of "disappeared"?

That looks like post hoc justification.

I know I'm town, so there are two possibilities I can reckon:

1) He's town, he wanted to use his power to kill scum rather than remove lurkers, and thus worked to get me to post so he could get spoonsy. This is the case voodoo is making.

2) He's scum, and wanted to Use His Power the Way a Towny Would. I threw a monkey wrench in that plan by, uh, lurking. I think if Voodoo's town, he gets annoyed with me lurking and gavels me, but I think a scum mindset would prefer gaveling someone he made a case on.

This looks like bullshit to me. Jammy's only post for a full day before voodoo started pinging me was this one:

Why would that motivate voodoo to start hitting me up so I could pass spoonsy?

I feel like this is a weird phoenix wright case, where I acknowledge there's not many sane realities where voodoo is scum and I'm town, there's just something bugging me about this and I want to dig into it before I let it go.

Oh for gently caress's sake. I mean, sure you probably were putting this together while I was typing up that I'm sick of this poo poo and think it's either horrible townie play or just middling scum play.

I'm feeling good about my suspicion on Pander, but like my vote where it is for now. Pander or Wins.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

b-minus1 posted:

Voodoo has been transparent In explaining hisrationale for using the dayvig. I’m definitely leaning town on him. O

Oh OK then, you're on the pile too.

Pander, wins, b-

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

b-minus1 (2): Dhaes, dy.
wins32767 (2): CCKeane, Chili
Hal Incandenza (1): Voodoofly
Chili (1): Dhaes, Dhaes, Cidrick, Voodoofly, Voodoofly
Pander (0): Chili, Chili

Not Voting (4): b-minus1, Hal Incandenza, Pander, wins32767

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 27th, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 20 hours, 1 minute.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Pander, I don't know what else you want me to say that I haven't said. I wanted to vig spoonsy. Previously I was debating vigging Jammy, but changed my mind as he posted more. I couldn't do either until you posted.

Just to follow your little chart, if I'm scum and according to you and other people all I want to do is kill a lurker why the hell wouldn't I just hammer you and then vote Spoonsy like I was doing? Nobody would have questioned me hammering you, including you apparently. You can take that for what you will, because I've said before and I've said again I don't think anyone should think I'm town because I killed Spoonsy.

Basically vote me and be sure you are going to back it up with a lot more than my shot, or vote someone else and back it up, because right now you are just spinning your wheels.

I'll help you, vote Hal with me. You're welcome.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote hal

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I'm just assuaging my own curiosity, voodoo. I saw the case against wins, followed it back a couple posts, and saw it posited that no scum would do what you did, and I asked myself "well, what WOULD scum have realistically done?" And didn't like the answer "wait for later days" cause there are too many variables that could make it impossible/unreasonable. When I hit that point, I felt the scum would have to use the lurker daykill on D1 or risk losing it, then I thought "well what about the way voodoo did it?" And started looking for holes or inconsistencies.

How you talk about jammy, why you didn't at some point decide "boy pander is sure lurking hard, I should just kill him", those just bugged me and wasn't sure the answers lined up.

Was trying to do a lil work today so didn't follow thread super close til later. I'll try to give a deeper look on Hal when I get back from a dogwalk.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

##vote hal

You going to make whatever big post you were going to make at any point, because I'm fine voting you right now for basically everything Dhaes has said.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Pander posted:

I'm just assuaging my own curiosity, voodoo. I saw the case against wins, followed it back a couple posts, and saw it posited that no scum would do what you did, and I asked myself "well, what WOULD scum have realistically done?" And didn't like the answer "wait for later days" cause there are too many variables that could make it impossible/unreasonable. When I hit that point, I felt the scum would have to use the lurker daykill on D1 or risk losing it, then I thought "well what about the way voodoo did it?" And started looking for holes or inconsistencies.

How you talk about jammy, why you didn't at some point decide "boy pander is sure lurking hard, I should just kill him", those just bugged me and wasn't sure the answers lined up.

Was trying to do a lil work today so didn't follow thread super close til later. I'll try to give a deeper look on Hal when I get back from a dogwalk.

Vote someone!

I already wish I hadn't killed spoonsy, but make keeping you alive worth something at least!

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

CCKeane posted:

Wins is scum.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that you're right. The fact that wins hasn't responded to your fairly valid question is kind of damning. The thing that gives me pause is that I still think Chili is scum.

But there's nothing that really gives me pause about b-1 at the moment, sooo

##vote b-minus1

When I get some more time tomorrow morning I'm going to re-read these two, and maybe Hal because I haven't given him much of a look yet.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Voodoofly posted:

You going to make whatever big post you were going to make at any point, because I'm fine voting you right now for basically everything Dhaes has said.

Yeah I am. We still have one more day I’ll have more content tomorrow

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Chili posted:

Pander, wins, b-

Argh you're not allowed to think the same people are scum as I do, you Mafioso filth

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well ok then. I voted someone a ways out from deadline and was around and active and willing to switch my vote to prevent a NL so it's not like I was enacting that agenda. If we have philosophical differences about how urgent it is to kill a second person on D1 then I can't change that

This seems reasonable to me - the first part, not the second. Always lynch.

Voodoo, I'm not sure I understand the case on Hal if it's just based on how he voted (or didn't) as we approached the deadline. If Hal wasn't worried about not being able to vote because he was active and available at the time, is it just him not voting for Chili quickly enough?

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

pander, i really feel like you are reading way to hard into this voodoo thing. look elsewhere, you are tunneling.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Cidrick posted:

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that you're right. The fact that wins hasn't responded to your fairly valid question is kind of damning. The thing that gives me pause is that I still think Chili is scum.

But there's nothing that really gives me pause about b-1 at the moment, sooo

##vote b-minus1

When I get some more time tomorrow morning I'm going to re-read these two, and maybe Hal because I haven't given him much of a look yet.

I'd vote Chili, I'd probably move to b- but I'm less enthusiastic about that I think now.

But mostly I feel pretty good about my vote on wins, and I don't feel like he's getting much attention so I'm going to yell about it a lot until people feel forced to deal with me, same way I order pancakes at Chipotle.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Yeah I am. We still have one more day I’ll have more content tomorrow

really? because that is what you said yesterday.

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t have a solid grasp on the game yet. Couple that with being busier than usual this weekend. I’ll take a dive into the posts tomorrow

b-minus1 posted:

Okay starting this afternoon I Will have time to dedicate to this game

and after being called out for some weak perd hapley bs, you said that you would do more later today

b-minus1 posted:

i expected this response. im taking a call now, will have more to say later. some of my post was deleted. not sure what happened.

so where is it?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
As frustrating as the b- 'kick the can down the road' festival is getting, I'm not seeing that facet of their posting as scummy. It's what they're choosing to focus on with their limited posts that are concerning. Their stances are worthless and the throwaway about voodoo's vig and then the vote on hal, which if you check b-'s history on hal... it's just loving weak.

Like you can do very little and still do something meaningful. It would be foolish to call out b- tomorrow, when they, yet again, come up with pebbles. They're putting us in a position where we basically have to take what we can get. Fine. What we're getting is scummy.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Cidrick posted:

This seems reasonable to me - the first part, not the second. Always lynch.

Voodoo, I'm not sure I understand the case on Hal if it's just based on how he voted (or didn't) as we approached the deadline. If Hal wasn't worried about not being able to vote because he was active and available at the time, is it just him not voting for Chili quickly enough?

It was the complete lack of interest in who was lynched after the vote reset. Saying "i'm here I'll just vote whoever" while making posts but making zero effort to guide the lynch.

I'm not going to lie his last post to me felt more sincere and I'm debating moving my vote. I thought about it now but then I went back and looked he still hasn't voted anyone or made a case or anything else. Hal is smart, and I feel like he is too content to just float in the river right now.

I'll look at it all again tomorrow morning.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

I almost assuredly would have voted chili at deadline to avoid a NL, I just had no interest in pushing him as the only option

It's this sort of sentiment I'm talking about. There were other people being voted besides Chili, and Jammy went from zero to hammer pretty quick so it wasn't like a single vote might not have decided things.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Chili posted:

As frustrating as the b- 'kick the can down the road' festival is getting, I'm not seeing that facet of their posting as scummy. It's what they're choosing to focus on with their limited posts that are concerning. Their stances are worthless and the throwaway about voodoo's vig and then the vote on hal, which if you check b-'s history on hal... it's just loving weak.

Like you can do very little and still do something meaningful. It would be foolish to call out b- tomorrow, when they, yet again, come up with pebbles. They're putting us in a position where we basically have to take what we can get. Fine. What we're getting is scummy.

I'm so lost. Do you want to vote and execute b- today or not?

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

current reads:

Highwire - town

Cidrick - leaning town -> less certain about him as town, but im still like 65/35 he is town

Jamuraan - town

Dhaes - town

Chili - leaning scum -> less certain about him being scum, i feel like a lot of his recent posts read honestly and i'm having trouble getting into the cases on him

dy. - town

Pander - learning town -> less certain than i was before about him being town, i feel like he is tunneling hard on voodoo which could be him as scum trying to drum up content

wins32767 - scum

Voodoofly - town

Keane - town -> more certain about this, after my rereads of past games he is not playing near the same way. granted it has been a while since those games, but i was leaning town on him this game to begin with. i'm also really feeling his logic this game, its good stuff

Hal Incandenza - leaning town

b-minus1 - scum

Spoonsy - town

scum team: b-1 wins with maybe chili as 3rd? cid / pander maybe?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Just finished reading posts from the dayvig through the jam lunch. I think voodoofly, pander and hal come out looking the worst here. Hal initially agreed with Pander’s suspicion of Jam and thought it could be revisited later but didn’t need much convincing to vote him out.

I really liked Cidrick’s twilight posts, especially his interpretation that Voodoofly was prodding Pander into posting so that he could dayvig lurker. I also think Chili could be scum and was saved by the late influx of jam votes. I also find myself agreeing with Keane, which is strange because I always read him as scum in every game we play together. I’ll have more to say later today.

Here are the votes right before the final push to jam:

b-minus1 posted:

I'm very confused about how b-minus1 feels about voodoo. He initially said he found voodoo towny, then said he came out looking the worst, then is definitely leaning town.

Super inconsistent. In a vacuum b-'s play has been absurd.

I'm still looking because I'm not convinced. Something about it just gives me a gut feel like he's earnest, but just not coming through with a consistent level of thinking about things.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Voodoofly posted:

I'm so lost. Do you want to vote and execute b- today or not?

I would happily vote to execute b-. My point there is that b-'s content is scummy, not the annoying "I'LL POST MOAR I PROMISE GUUYYYSYSYSY".

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

It's this sort of sentiment I'm talking about. There were other people being voted besides Chili, and Jammy went from zero to hammer pretty quick so it wasn't like a single vote might not have decided things.

Hmmm ok. I would have to look back, but it felt like maybe a few people had 1 vote on them but no one was really supporting those votes either. I dunno, I am not going to have any other defense for you about this, I just think it's strange that you are coming at this from me not wanting anyone lunched but then somehow saying when I did vote and said I would be around to vote whoever that wasn't showing that I would in fact lunch someone.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Chili posted:

I would happily vote to execute b-. My point there is that b-'s content is scummy, not the annoying "I'LL POST MOAR I PROMISE GUUYYYSYSYSY".

Got it. I thought you were saying we should execute him regardless of whether his posts were scummy because he wasn't doing anything helpful and would be a liability to the town the longer he lived, which is sort of my stance right now.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm ok. I would have to look back, but it felt like maybe a few people had 1 vote on them but no one was really supporting those votes either. I dunno, I am not going to have any other defense for you about this, I just think it's strange that you are coming at this from me not wanting anyone lunched but then somehow saying when I did vote and said I would be around to vote whoever that wasn't showing that I would in fact lunch someone.

Honestly I don't think there is a lot more to discuss here. I'd rather you just vote someone and make a case because my whole vote was based on you not caring where things headed after I killed spoonsy, and it still sort of feels that way to me, although with much less conviction in my vote at this point.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

eh gently caress it ##unvote

going to read people again.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

eh gently caress it ##unvote

going to read people again.

Im quoting you in the hopes the bright yellow forces you to talk about wins.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Im quoting you in the hopes the bright yellow forces you to talk about wins.

He is my first readthru.

Might not be until tomorrow morning

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

Got it. I thought you were saying we should execute him regardless of whether his posts were scummy because he wasn't doing anything helpful and would be a liability to the town the longer he lived, which is sort of my stance right now.

So do you think he's scummy?

B- not posting a lot i par for the course, he has a job I think where he can't really mafia it up. Regardless, he hasn't posted anything that great and the whole "kill the power roles" thing was bad and explained poorly in follow-ups. All he really did outside that yesterday was agree with Keane about dy, which he has not followed up on that I see. The case on me today is fine, but he's also the third or fourth person to make it and I am an easy target so not that impressed.

Also b- usually doesn't bother to defend himself quite so much as town, he seems a but more concerned about his appearance in this game than usual.

So yeah, ##vote b-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I feel very good about b- and don’t see myself moving my vote.