Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Voodoofly posted:

He is my first readthru.

Might not be until tomorrow morning

Technically it's tomorrow morning here, now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
merk: i would still like to request deadline pushed back 1 hour to 4 PST instead of 3 PST

merk posted:

some yellow for your attention

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Hal Incandenza posted:

So do you think he's scummy?

No idea, he hasn't posted enough to tell either way. But I have no problem voting someone because I think they are a liability to the town without any care in the world as to their alignment.

Also I have no idea how you thought his case on you was fine when he has never made a case and keeps saying tomorrow tomorrow?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

reading people now

cidrick comes across towny. Like, his push on voodoo is kinda nuts and his d1 content is light, but it's generally good and his evolution on past opinions looks legit.

Chili...I don't hate his D1 re-reading it as much as I did then. Being "the other potential lynch that got swung away from" makes him kind of a fulcrum for a lot of opinions, which colors things a bit. I'm hesitant to lynch him knowing that a significant chunk of it is curiosity rather than conviction.

Reading wins now.

I still really don't like keane for town. Until I go through him thoroughly I don't know if I can espouse this at a level more than gut, but just going through the others I see his posts pop up and they're kinda unsettling, like he's being very surgical about how he's posting.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

No idea, he hasn't posted enough to tell either way. But I have no problem voting someone because I think they are a liability to the town without any care in the world as to their alignment.

Also I have no idea how you thought his case on you was fine when he has never made a case and keeps saying tomorrow tomorrow?

Nah he had two posts about me, although the second one was sort of a lot like wins "the three people who voted for Jam first are all scum" and not specifically about me.

I don't love wins either, he was kind of a "me-too" on spoonsy (although he did take the time to consolidate the points against him) and I think the case he made today is also pretty surface level and non-compelling. At least voodoo clearly is trying to analyze the play around the jam votes, wins is more just saying "look at these bad votes" and not really doing a real read

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Wins is an easy case. I don't mean that in any way other than he hasn't posted much, his reads tend to be really easy ones, he's only had 2 posts since mid-D1 and they're "here are three scum contingent on a theory that chili is 100% scum", which is...a really bad way to scumhunt?

And I know it's really rich coming from me after missing 90% of D1, but I kinda like to see not being around for deadline at least addressed. Wins is using the deadline behavior to shape his unifying theory of everyscum, when he wasn't even there to participate in it.

Like, he fits under the same heading as b-minus1, where it's play that doesn't seem at all useful to finding scum, but I dunno if that means he's scum. He's essentially a lurker D2 with a threadbare history.

Gonna keep looking. Could vote but doesn't feel *right* right now.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Here's my case on dy. :

1.) Set up spec that's useless:

This doesn't provide anything to town, and dy. continues this a few times through the early day. I pressed him for where he was going for with this, and he posted:

So I don't really see his angle of how this helps town root out scum - it feels like a lot of posts, and discussion points, but without anything that can tangibly help execute scum.

2. Twisting words:

In reference to town selecting the role of oracle, I posted this:

And this:

And dy. responded by posting this:

This feels like a willful misinterpretation of how somebody would draft in a zero sum game like mafia.

3. Votes:

I made a joke vote here:

And dy. shortly after votes this way:

This feels like an immediate response to my post, but whatever. However, he still has a vote on me when he makes this post:

So I guess I don't know if dy. feels I'm pushing too hard, or if I'm trying too hard to keep it light. I also feel like this post is pretty mild! It feels set up to allow for easy backing off. So I'm happy with my vote on dy., thank you, good night.

This post still bugs me a lot.

Nobody asked keane to summarize his case on dy. Nobody asked him if he still felt good about his dy vote, making his final "So I'm happy with my vote on dy." seem really shoehorned in.

I get making a case to try to get a player lynched, but dy didn't have much heat, and 30 minutes later keane offers to swap to spoonsy:

CCKeane posted:

Alright I'm going to move to spoonsy if nobody else is around, since it seems like a lot of people aren't around.

keane was pushing the idea that dy was scum without pushing people to vote dy. He publicly announced there weren't enough people to do anything without trying to actually rally people.

It just seems contrived and formulaic.

CCKeane posted:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Eh it's still a way to get an extra lunch D1. If voodoo knew none of the scum had heat on them it would be a decent play. Or if voodoo thought his scumbros would always be lurking may as well use it when you can

If pander flipped scum eventually it would be worth revisiting but in general I agree it's more likely town

Eh, I don't think that would happen in channel. I think I'd probably consider Voodoofly more if Jammy flipped scum, but I'm not interested in considering Voodoofly today.

##vote Chili
That was before jam's flip, so I'm confused what you're getting at. If voodoo had gaveled jammy, and jammy had been scum, you'd think voodoo was hard bussing as scum?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

Wins is an easy case. I don't mean that in any way other than he hasn't posted much, his reads tend to be really easy ones, he's only had 2 posts since mid-D1 and they're "here are three scum contingent on a theory that chili is 100% scum", which is...a really bad way to scumhunt?

And I know it's really rich coming from me after missing 90% of D1, but I kinda like to see not being around for deadline at least addressed. Wins is using the deadline behavior to shape his unifying theory of everyscum, when he wasn't even there to participate in it.

Like, he fits under the same heading as b-minus1, where it's play that doesn't seem at all useful to finding scum, but I dunno if that means he's scum. He's essentially a lurker D2 with a threadbare history.

Gonna keep looking. Could vote but doesn't feel *right* right now.

My case is that he is building the case contingent on chili being scum, and then not aggressively pressing to get chili executed. His post about why you are scum is based around chili being scum, but then he ends with saying he'd be okay with your execution. It doesn't make sense.

He's set up a situation where it's "If A is true, then B is true", and then casually dropping that that argument is sufficient to pursue B.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

This post still bugs me a lot.

Nobody asked keane to summarize his case on dy. Nobody asked him if he still felt good about his dy vote, making his final "So I'm happy with my vote on dy." seem really shoehorned in.

I get making a case to try to get a player lynched, but dy didn't have much heat, and 30 minutes later keane offers to swap to spoonsy:

keane was pushing the idea that dy was scum without pushing people to vote dy. He publicly announced there weren't enough people to do anything without trying to actually rally people.

It just seems contrived and formulaic.

Eh, I don't think that would happen in channel. I think I'd probably consider Voodoofly more if Jammy flipped scum, but I'm not interested in considering Voodoofly today.

##vote Chili
That was before jam's flip, so I'm confused what you're getting at. If voodoo had gaveled jammy, and jammy had been scum, you'd think voodoo was hard bussing as scum?
[/quote]

What? Yes, if Jammy, the person Voodoofly didn't gravel as scum but was voted off had flipped scum I'd be more suspicious of Voodoofly? Where the hell do you get a hard bus from this?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also how is posting a case about Dy. Not trying to rally toward a dy. Execution? Are you just deciding that I'm scum and then trying to figure out how my posts are scummy instead of vice versa?

Have I accidentally walked through a mirror and found myself in opposite land?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

If I'm scum, I want oracle, assuming the person using it stays anonymous. There really isn't a town reason for not wanting a flip. If someone's so towny you'd want to prevent their lynch, then they'd be so towny that nobody would lynch them until the game's already lost.

Behold, Pander posts that he is scum! I am very good at mafia.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

My case is that he is building the case contingent on chili being scum, and then not aggressively pressing to get chili executed. His post about why you are scum is based around chili being scum, but then he ends with saying he'd be okay with your execution. It doesn't make sense.

He's set up a situation where it's "If A is true, then B is true", and then casually dropping that that argument is sufficient to pursue B.
regarding the bolded, I ask "why"? It makes no sense as scum to set up this logical progression where chili is the focal point of all scummery and not vote him. It *does* makes sense if you're a towny irrationally attached to your case and assume it's not so much that B is contingent on A, but rather that B=A and it's therefore all the same.

I'd also argue you're using a subjective interpretation for "not aggressively pressing to get chili executed". Wins is barely posting today and his only case *was* pretty clear about chili being scum. Your point would be stronger if he had like 10 other posts today that weren't about chili at all, but here the lack of data make the conclusion that he doesn't actually want to see chili get lynched a reach.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

What? Yes, if Jammy, the person Voodoofly didn't gravel as scum but was voted off had flipped scum I'd be more suspicious of Voodoofly? Where the hell do you get a hard bus from this?
Okay I misread what you were getting at. I thought you were saying if voodoo DID gavel jammy and jammy flipped scum, that you'd think voodoo was scum.

There weren't many posts before yours that actually addressed jam, so it stood out to me. I was trying to figure out who you were responding to when you brought up jammy out of nowhere.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Also how is posting a case about Dy. Not trying to rally toward a dy. Execution? Are you just deciding that I'm scum and then trying to figure out how my posts are scummy instead of vice versa?

Sort of. I don't like how you read on a gut level, partly meta. Your tone just feels off from what I remember of you as town. So I start from the assumption you're scum, look for poo poo that doesn't smell right, and push you on it to see how you respond.

Maybe you make a contradiction, or maybe your answer makes sense. Won't know til I push.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

regarding the bolded, I ask "why"? It makes no sense as scum to set up this logical progression where chili is the focal point of all scummery and not vote him. It *does* makes sense if you're a towny irrationally attached to your case and assume it's not so much that B is contingent on A, but rather that B=A and it's therefore all the same.

I'd also argue you're using a subjective interpretation for "not aggressively pressing to get chili executed". Wins is barely posting today and his only case *was* pretty clear about chili being scum. Your point would be stronger if he had like 10 other posts today that weren't about chili at all, but here the lack of data make the conclusion that he doesn't actually want to see chili get lynched a reach.

Buddy, any other words you want to put in my mouth, because I feel like you're not reading my posts, and it's bizzare that you're defending wins so hard here.

Maybe chili isn't scum and wins does want him executed!

But it's absolutely scummy and bad to set up a chain execution and then not chain the executions in the right order! How is that not scummy to you?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

My issue with your dy case was that it was weak for how long it was, which makes it seem more out up for appearance than effect. Ending it with "I'm happy with voting for dy still" just kinda reads like mild guilt. In a world where nobody was making GBS threads on you for voting Dy, it looks weird.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

Sort of. I don't like how you read on a gut level, partly meta. Your tone just feels off from what I remember of you as town. So I start from the assumption you're scum, look for poo poo that doesn't smell right, and push you on it to see how you respond.

Maybe you make a contradiction, or maybe your answer makes sense. Won't know til I push.

My gut is that you are more interested in throwing poo poo at the wall and seeing what sticks than making meaningful contributions.

You're like a failed carpenter, Pander.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

You're like a failed carpenter, Pander.

You're making bad posts is what I'm saying.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

My gut is that you are more interested in throwing poo poo at the wall and seeing what sticks
That's literally the definition of scumhunting.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

My issue with your dy case was that it was weak for how long it was, which makes it seem more out up for appearance than effect. Ending it with "I'm happy with voting for dy still" just kinda reads like mild guilt. In a world where nobody was making GBS threads on you for voting Dy, it looks weird.

It looks weirder to argue that somebody making a case and trying to push an execution toward their scummiest read is a bad thing? IDK man this is super strange and I feel like you're desperately trying to manufacture a case on me.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

It looks weirder to argue that somebody making a case and trying to push an execution toward their scummiest read is a bad thing? IDK man this is super strange and I feel like you're desperately trying to manufacture a case on me.

so you're just gonna pretend

quote:

Ending it with "I'm happy with voting for dy still" just kinda reads like mild guilt. In a world where nobody was making GBS threads on you for voting Dy, it looks weird.
didn't happen?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

That's literally the definition of scumhunting.

Any reason you felt like selectively editting my post to remove the second part where I accuse you of being uninterested in making meaningful contributions?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

so you're just gonna pretend

didn't happen?

I just said I'm still fine with voting Dy.? This is nothing and it's a normal thing to say?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Any reason you felt like selectively editting my post to remove the second part where I accuse you of being uninterested in making meaningful contributions?
Because it wasn't loving true.

CCKeane posted:

I just said I'm still fine with voting Dy.? This is nothing and it's a normal thing to say?
In some contexts it's normal, but in the specific context where you were the only one talking about dy, mentioning how you're still happy with your vote sounds like you're trying to convince yourself or something. It's like a tl;dr for a case you knew would convince nobody. I mean, it was a painfully formatted case that boiled down to "dy did setup spec and voted me because he didn't like my posting".

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

These are all bad posts and I think Pander is scum. His defense of wins here is weird and frankly his posts directed at me feel based on trying to build a case on me than figuring out if I'm scum or not, including cutting off a quote of mine to make my statement appear significantly different in intent. I won't be responding to Pander anymore, it's unfun and I don't think he is town.

I think I'm thinking Wins and Pander are scum. Chili could be scum, I guess I'm coming around to b- a bit, but eh. I'm neutral on my dy. read right now, he said something like he was feeling off his game and I can see that, I suppose.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I cut your quote off because I disagreed with you. It wasn't something I did to misquote you so as to make you seem scummy. I throw poo poo at people to get them to respond, that's how I scumhunt, and I disagree about it's substance. I want the truth.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Is there a spooky ghost in the thread? I can almost hear something, like a light voice on the wind...

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Yeeeeeeaaaah Pander not reading great there.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

dy. posted:

Yeeeeeeaaaah Pander not reading great there.
It's really frustrating because it feels like he's trying to brush off the stuff he doesn't want to address by reframing everything. I don't remember him acting like this as town ever.

I really don't think I'm being unduly harsh to him or trying to take him out of context, so ghosting me seems kinda excessive.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

CCKeane posted:

I think I'm thinking Wins and Pander are scum. Chili could be scum, I guess I'm coming around to b- a bit, but eh. I'm neutral on my dy. read right now, he said something like he was feeling off his game and I can see that, I suppose.

huh. well, thats a thought. i dont know why i didnt consider it before, but pander makes sense as scum with wins and b-

of the two i think wins is the flip i'd like to see most w/r/t pander

i agree with keane / dy, that whole exchange was filthy

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

i think i had some blinders on with pander. i'll try to look into it more tomorrow as it is pretty late here

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I feel like I am remembering the last few notes of a song I sung as a child, as it disappears into the fog of long lost memories.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fwiw I was thinking about what you said Keane, and I'm sorry if I'm making it unfun for you. I'm having trouble destressing to go to sleep right now and I think it was caused by you saying that. I'm playing mafia again, which I generally havent done much lately, cause I try to enjoy it without getting all stressed about it. I think I'm failing that and will check tomorrow to make sure I don't cross lines and make this a bad experience for you or anyone.

This post reads like garbage cause I don't parse my thoughts well on the phone, apologies for that.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

did pander ever expand / explain that whole "scum before me in the draft" thing?

pander, if you haven't, could you do so?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Pander posted:

I'm very confused about how b-minus1 feels about voodoo. He initially said he found voodoo towny, then said he came out looking the worst, then is definitely leaning town.

Super inconsistent. In a vacuum b-'s play has been absurd.

I'm still looking because I'm not convinced. Something about it just gives me a gut feel like he's earnest, but just not coming through with a consistent level of thinking about things.

I flip flopped on voodoo after I reread the eod posts and convinced myself that pander and voodoofly were scum and were working together to get another townie lunched after the dayvig. I no longer believe this

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I should say, pander could stillbe scum, but I really don’t think voodoo is

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Don't want to put b- at -1 just yet, but consider this a phantom vote

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m probably going to be the lunch today and that’s fine. I’m by btw.
I just reread wins and although there isn’t a lot of content, I did find myself agreeing with him more often than not.

wins32767 posted:

Is Pander my first choice no? But if we can't mobilize Chili, I think we're pretty likely to catch scum with Pander and Hal based on how that swing went down. Hal most especially.

It seems like most of us at some point or another have expressed suspicion of hal and pander yet they have received few votes overall. I really think we need to flip one of them.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Motherf*ckin autocorrect. I’m vt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Votecount for Day 2

b-minus1 (4): Dhaes, dy., Cidrick, Hal Incandenza
wins32767 (2): CCKeane, Chili
Hal Incandenza (1): Voodoofly, b-minus1, Voodoofly
Pander (0): Chili, Chili
Chili (0): Dhaes, Dhaes, Cidrick, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Cidrick

Not Voting (3): Pander, Voodoofly, wins32767

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 27th, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 54 minutes.