Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm 99% sure it was intended to be white/silver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Endless Mike posted:

I'm 99% sure it was intended to be white/silver.

This was also my understanding/interpretation.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I'd go with silver, it's drawn like it's supposed to be full-on chrome, you see similar shading on like Colossus and guys like that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looks to be intended as silver/white as said.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

gregday posted:

Well it took longer than I had planned, but last week after 18 months, I finally installed the last component to my PASIV device from Inception.

It took a lot of CNC machining, 3D printing, and a ton of research and investigating the origins of several obscure parts. In all, 359 components and weighing almost 30 lbs.

This is loving incredible, have you made any other props?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I always assumed it was a very shiny reflective white color. Made the shadows make sense, at least.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Cool, thanks everyone for the clarification re Storm; guess I'm the only weirdo whose brain somehow saw it as something other than a silvery-white.

sigher posted:

Oh boy, you're in for a treat when you see the other hero prop-quality stuff he's done.

**Hans Zimmer score begins to play in the background**

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Daaaaaaang.

That's loving awesome.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You might say it's a dream come true.

:haw:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gripweed posted:

Oh hell yeah

I'm hooting and hollering

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/goodsmile_us/status/1265117974425370624

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat that's pretty awesome but 65-75 bucks for it is kinda expensive. Think when the Thinker came out it was like 40.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

drat that's pretty awesome but 65-75 bucks for it is kinda expensive. Think when the Thinker came out it was like 40.

It seems to come with a lot of parts. There’s 3 different heads right there in that post.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

https://twitter.com/FranJoestar/status/1265119926756560904

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1265600908056035329?s=20

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh gently caress this is so good - now come out with the car!! I don't think i've ever seen a proper toy for it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vintersorg posted:

Oh gently caress this is so good - now come out with the car!! I don't think i've ever seen a proper toy for it.

There was one years ago

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The good news: I found a quite reasonably-priced loose MOTUC She-Ra for my collection; looks like somebody bought that two-pack with Supergirl and only wanted the Supergirl. It's nice cause that version comes with the silver version of her sword from the Adora figure, so it's more in line with the original cartoon look.

The bad news: This fuckin' bozo shipped her with the sword in her hand, bundled super tightly in layers of bubble wrap, and it arrived with her sword wrapped halfway around her legs, just bent all to hell. Thankfully I should be able to fix this with some hot water and careful un-bending, but I am really shakin' my drat head over here.

The other good news is I also finally scored a tiara for my loose vintage She-Ra, so it's finally complete again after all these years. My little display is really coming together now!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Nerd Of Prey posted:

The good news: I found a quite reasonably-priced loose MOTUC She-Ra for my collection; looks like somebody bought that two-pack with Supergirl and only wanted the Supergirl. It's nice cause that version comes with the silver version of her sword from the Adora figure, so it's more in line with the original cartoon look.

The bad news: This fuckin' bozo shipped her with the sword in her hand, bundled super tightly in layers of bubble wrap, and it arrived with her sword wrapped halfway around her legs, just bent all to hell. Thankfully I should be able to fix this with some hot water and careful un-bending, but I am really shakin' my drat head over here.

The other good news is I also finally scored a tiara for my loose vintage She-Ra, so it's finally complete again after all these years. My little display is really coming together now!

Take pictures! I'm not into She-Ra at all (I think I saw the He-Man movie that introduced her in the theater as a kid?), but I love it when someone loves a character enough to have character-specific collections, with all the different versions they can find.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

sticksy posted:

Oh boy, you're in for a treat when you see the other hero prop-quality stuff he's done.

**Hans Zimmer score begins to play in the background**

Indulge me, his work is incredible.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

sticksy posted:

Can someone please definitively confirm the color, black or white, of Storm's costume from Jim Lee-era X-Men?

Lee even confirmed himself that it's generally black or a silvery shiny material, not white.

Look at the other characters in both images, neither of them have shadows as dark. The white is the reflection off of the shiny material of her uniform.

sigher posted:

:allears:

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 06:47 on May 28, 2020

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Take pictures! I'm not into She-Ra at all (I think I saw the He-Man movie that introduced her in the theater as a kid?), but I love it when someone loves a character enough to have character-specific collections, with all the different versions they can find.

Here's a very quick and dirty snapshot for ya... The carded vintage figure is currently wrapped in plastic for a modicum of protection from the elements, cause I still have not bought a suitable display case. I'm sure I can do better than the black shelf for a backdrop, eventually. It's a work in progress...

For the record, I would recommend the new Netflix She-Ra series to just about anyone. It's got a lot of funny call-backs to the old show if you were a fan, but it's a completely different beast and definitely stands alone. I was actually put onto it by a friend who never saw the old one and doesn't even watch a lot of cartoons, but swore it was great. It's basically a show by and for queer women, but I can absolutely enjoy it just as a nerd.

What set me off on this wild nostalgia trip was, in short succession, binging that crazy new show, watching that great "Toys That Made Us" documentary about MOTU/POP, and finding my rather well-preserved old She-Ra toy while I was reorganizing my old junk. I had quite a flood of fond memories going on at that point, then a casual browse on eBay led to me to that beautiful carded figure. Basically, once I had shelled out for that, I was like... if I'm going to be that into She-Ra, I might as well lean into it!

I do still like a lot of other stuff, but this has been fun :)

Edit: As you can see, the silver sword turned out OK in the end. It took a lot of heating and bending but it looks fine now. That MOTUC figure is really nicely made, I must say. And now the THICCest She-Ra in my collection.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 07:35 on May 28, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Lee even confirmed himself that it's generally black or a silvery shiny material, not white.

Look at the other characters in both images, neither of them have shadows as dark. The white is the reflection off of the shiny material of her uniform.

:allears:

In that it's the same shade as Jean's blue. Maybe his colorist should have bought some more inks.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Reminds me of those cheap 90s Marvel X-men cards.

Remember Marvel Masterpiece though? gently caress, I thought they'd be worth a ton of money lol The art was gorgeous.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Death to the Emperor!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

So that's why they hadn't shown them off yet, it's the new Necron Warriors design and Assault Primaris Marines coming with the new Edition that was just announced!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9V0bOB8sXQ

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Whelp, I'm ready for a Sisters of Battle action figure.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Zeb!! Also, new Black Series packaging.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Interesting to note: while Ezra already had faceprinting, the rest of the crew now sports it as well, so it may be a good reason to double dip on Ahsoka, Sabine, etc.

Also, Black Series Beskar Mando, ESB Vader, and a bunch of others are also up for preorder on Hasbro Pulse and Amazon as well.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The_Doctor posted:

Zeb!! Also, new Black Series packaging.

I NEED EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE. Is this the entire wave??

E: gently caress, $300 CAD incl shipping. :(

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 28, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

I NEED EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE. Is this the entire wave??

Yeah, they’re all up for preorder now on Pulse.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Unsurprisingly Mando preorder is already sold out.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, they’re all up for preorder now on Pulse.

The whole line is up on BBTS as well. I’m definitely getting Ahsoka at the very least.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I haven't picked up a figure in years, but happened to see Jedi Revan in a sale last week and had to have it. Then I ordered Snowspeeder Luke because that dang helmet and outfit are the best. I just jumped on today's Admiral Ackbar, Stormtrooper, and Chopper pre-orders.

This stuff is dangerous. Now I'm eyeing a Mignola Batman statue and wishing there was an X-Statix line.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
The movie Mark 1 armor is my favorite Iron Man armor, and this new Figuarts figure is gorgeous:
https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2533327001001

But I've never bought a Figuarts before. How would it scale compared to Marvel Legends? The Hasbro figure I've had since 2008 is short and squatty with a tiny pinhead, but I probably can't justify the price of the Figuarts.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Already have Ahsoka (paid like double for her too, oof) but the new face sculpt is worth the double dip. I'll just give the original to my wife for her desk at work. :D

I also grabbed Sabine and Beskar Mando. All from Amazon. Not sure if they're sold out there now. I like the rest of the Rebels cast, but meh.

Not sure why they didn't make season 2 Ezra, though. Especially since the original one already had the face print tech.

For comparison:

Wondering if I should grab Chopper. Then I'd feel compelled to buy the proper film droids: R2, 3PO, BB8...Ugh, $$$

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 28, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gripweed posted:

So that's why they hadn't shown them off yet, it's the new Necron Warriors design and Assault Primaris Marines coming with the new Edition that was just announced!
gimme a beakie and I'll be interested.

interesting to see actual official warhammer 40k action figures after SO LONG of refusing to make them when they would obviously be a huge cash cow, because they feared it would harm the miniature business.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The movie Mark 1 armor is my favorite Iron Man armor, and this new Figuarts figure is gorgeous:
https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2533327001001

But I've never bought a Figuarts before. How would it scale compared to Marvel Legends? The Hasbro figure I've had since 2008 is short and squatty with a tiny pinhead, but I probably can't justify the price of the Figuarts.

Figuarts scales about as well as anything else in the 1:12 scale. Some of them are going to look better than others, but you can say that about just any other line out there. I'd say go for it. Figuarts are spectacular. Like little pieces of art Hot Toys.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 28, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Black Series Darth Nihilus when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Those Rebels figures look great, but I wish Ahsoka's Clone Wars season 3 look would get more love.