Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
everyone knows how that blondie atomic remix is called? i cant find it on the ost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Zeta Acosta posted:

everyone knows how that blondie atomic remix is called? i cant find it on the ost

You mean Rapture's Delight?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

empty baggie posted:

You mean Rapture's Delight?

thank you

gently caress i miss heard atomic and it was actually rapture, what a dumbass

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 22, 2020

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

surf rock posted:

This is like a decade too early; I cannot imagine watching a long documentary about loving Tom Brady anytime soon. Give me more time to forget his bland, awful chokehold on the league.

I hope they spend a lot of time going over how the Giants ruined his perfect season :smug:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
There should be a dramatic reading of the perfectly spherical breasts post.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Did anyone watch the ESPN Presentation of Game 6? Pretty cool to see a whole 90s NBA game filmed on film.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Did anyone watch the ESPN Presentation of Game 6? Pretty cool to see a whole 90s NBA game filmed on film.

Yes, but I mostly found it disorienting because they didn’t use the primary broadcast angle.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yes, but I mostly found it disorienting because they didn’t use the primary broadcast angle.

It was both very confusing and very cool

Unrelated do you have an opinion on the newest odious Mortem album? I know you’re a big death metal booster like I am so

Lockback posted:

I am not strong enough not to watch a Suns/Magic preseason game.

Hi. Hello. Hold my hand and let’s walk into the void

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

It was both very confusing and very cool

Unrelated do you have an opinion on the newest odious Mortem album? I know you’re a big death metal booster like I am so

It’s pretty good. Reminds me of Decrepit Birth, which makes sense because they were all in that band. There have been quite a few better DM albums so far this year though.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Henchman of Santa posted:

It’s pretty good. Reminds me of Decrepit Birth, which makes sense because they were all in that band. There have been quite a few better DM albums so far this year though.

I’m not as plugged in as I once was, quite a few implies an impressive year. Suggestions?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
who cares, it's a fuckin' drawer

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

I’m not as plugged in as I once was, quite a few implies an impressive year. Suggestions?

Ulcerate, Warp Chamber, Black Curse, Temple of Void. Come to the metal thread in NMD!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This Lance Armstrong 30 for 30 is extremely good poo poo so far.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

This Lance Armstrong 30 for 30 is extremely good poo poo so far.

Is it a similar level of rear end kissing?

I couldnt stomach that for Lance.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I thing the rear end kiss phase of lances career has been over for a few years.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

I thing the rear end kiss phase of lances career has been over for a few years.

Well from the general press, sure; a documentary maker looking for unfettered access is less clear.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SilvergunSuperman posted:

The first part ends with his first tour win but it seems pretty straightforward at this point. They’re asking all the legitimate questions so far.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
After thinking about it, my hands down favorite part of Last Dance was the Party Man montage. And the Pacers 7 game stuff. But that’s just because I’m a Pacers homer.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It does some humanizing I guess just by talking about him as a kid, filming him with his family, or spending a lot of time with the (still very impressive!) cancer recovery, but he was openly talking about doping within the first like minute and it has had a bunch of former teammates call him an rear end in a top hat bully so it's not completely whitewashing him or anything. It hasn't gotten into a lot of the really insane mobster poo poo he did to cover everything up but I assume that's coming

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1265313338252234752?s=21

Huh. Turns out ‘ol Michael may not have been honest in the documentary where he had creative control.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

loving tears cried, for the great Isiah Thomas. If there is one thing we learned from this documentary it's that Kendrick "Hot Take" Perkins should be listened to more.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This reminds me of that Clint Eastwood film about Hoover. Like you watch it and think "mans a bit of an rear end in a top hat". Then it turns out that was Hoover presenting the best possible interpretation of history and not actually true.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That was the most obvious lie in the entire series, but I also believe Jordan was hardly the only dude that felt that way.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That dream team book quotes him on the record and has been out a long time lol

Stockton was still better

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Isnt John Stockton’s assist record considered one of those records that is going to be almost impossible to beat? Like Wilt’s 100?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Woofer posted:

Isnt John Stockton’s assist record considered one of those records that is going to be almost impossible to beat? Like Wilt’s 100?

The next closest guy, Jason Kidd, is closer to 11th place than he is to Stockton so yeah it doesn't seem very likely.

The difference between Stockton and Kidd is about the same as Derrick Fisher's career assist total.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

MourningView posted:

The next closest guy, Jason Kidd, is closer to 11th place than he is to Stockton so yeah it doesn't seem very likely.

:drat:

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I forget but in the 12ep puff piece, did Jordan say he never gambled on basketball?

I remember him saying something like I only bet on myself, and golf; I remember a Jeremy Roenick podcast clip he told a story about where Jordan bet like 100k that he would score 40+ after playing 2 rounds of golf and like a 24 pack right before going out for game stuff that evening

So I mean that's straight up gambling up basketball with the excuse of I only bet on myself :shrug:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Isaiah would have only made it as a legacy pick like Bird or Magic. Looking at the stats, Stockton was way better than him at that time and right on the fringes of being in MVP talk. Even beyond that, Hardaway just had a monsters season and Kevin Johnson was better. I'd even take Mark Price over Thomas at that stage.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BUMPING FOR SAMMY

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hell yes, sammy looks like a ventriloquist dummy

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

R.D. Mangles posted:

BUMPING FOR SAMMY

https://twitter.com/RetepAdam/status/1272334615718526977?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh no it's tony la russa

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

McGwire was a behemoth lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

should be illegal to put that goober george will in a baseball documentary

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress, cubs beat writer paul sullivan has a legit john clayton ponytail lmao

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I’m behind on my DVR due to taking my dog for a walk, but they’re really trying to make the Lou look small compared to Chicago

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sammy

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

justifying thread continuity with a karl malone cameo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

http://www.gofirstrow.eu/watch/545884/1/watch-espn.html

Put Mark McGwire in the Hall of Fame, cowards