Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is there any way to access to the bunker from outside of it or will I need to make the truck here anytime I gotta do anything for it? Do I get notified when it runs out of supplies?

When you upgrade your bunker with Living Quarters you are able to set your Bunker as a spawn location when you join a new lobby, so you can session hop and warp to it that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

dogstile posted:

Do people on PC generally play with mouse + keyboard? I feel like i spend 90% of this game driving so i've just plugged in a gamepad.

I play with a controller 90% of the time and move a hand to the mouse for guns. It's not GREAT for playing on Free Aim but I prefer not being instantly popped by other players on an assisted aim mode.

For this game anyway. RDO has different values when it comes to aiming.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Got the Navy Revolver last night from the serial killer

Time to get some headshots

I'm primarily kb+mouse except when driving or flying, then I am using a XBone controller

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Another night of hijinx.

Goon-made piratey fight
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LimpEnlightenedGannet-mobile.mp4

Tried out a new vehicle in the funnel
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WastefulHelplessGhostshrimp-mobile.mp4

Hunting Pack
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DearExaltedAcaciarat-mobile.mp4
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PinkUglyBoutu-mobile.mp4
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnhappyVelvetyLeafwing-mobile.mp4

quote:

Do you like what you see? Brand new to the game and wanna see some of the more fun stuff it has to offer? Do you think the voices of goons is nectar to your earholes?

Join us on Discord for some zany shenanigans.

https://discord.gg/e7DsJJt

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
my friends and I have been having fun screwing around in chill lobbies. I tried recording it, the quality isn't great, but I like using it as proof that cool lobbies exist on PC.

here's some hijinks if anyone cares about that sort of thing here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTntxbEB19w

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I scrounged up enough to buy the cheapest car warehouse and I'm not building up my stock of standard/mid vehicles so I can make the move to top end I/E for money while my bunker does its thing. I am INCREDIBLY loving bad at latching anything to the cargobob. Just horrendous poo poo.

I also did a bunch of hunter remix today and it's fun as hell for the money and RP you're getting but some matches can drag for a bit too long.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Cargobob just takes a little practice. Unless you're trying to keyboard it in which case it takes a controller and a little practice.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Is someone else still waiting for their Epic million $? All my friends seem to have gotten theirs and I'm still holding hope for mine. It'd make investing a bit easier, that's all.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Friday and Saturday shenanigans? Understandable. People willing to play on Sunday night because the next day is a holiday? Makes sense. People playing on a Monday night? Well, we are in a pandemic.

We got 14+ goons together on a Tuesday? Preposterous.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UniformImpoliteKatydid-mobile.mp4

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HalfFarDungbeetle-mobile.mp4

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CalmMeagerBats-mobile.mp4

Zesty fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 27, 2020

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

I had a hunch that I could earn $2M by doing the 10 objective challenge with each of my characters. Turns out my hunch was correct!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TeaJay posted:

Is someone else still waiting for their Epic million $? All my friends seem to have gotten theirs and I'm still holding hope for mine. It'd make investing a bit easier, that's all.

It took a good few days for mine to show up.

Do today’s objectives count for the 1M? I didn’t get to 15 until 4 days ago so today was the 10th objective I could complete and I did not immediately get the $1M.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It took a good few days for mine to show up.

Do today’s objectives count for the 1M? I didn’t get to 15 until 4 days ago so today was the 10th objective I could complete and I did not immediately get the $1M.

It comes immediately when the 10th one is registered as complete. Any number of R* reasons that the "official" count is not what you expect. best is to keep doing them until you get confirmation if possible

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

It comes immediately when the 10th one is registered as complete. Any number of R* reasons that the "official" count is not what you expect. best is to keep doing them until you get confirmation if possible

I did all today (and the past 3 days) already and no million so welp.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I did all today (and the past 3 days) already and no million so welp.

Same happened to me. I tripped the million (and received it instantly) on the first objective on my 5th day of doing all objectives (almost like 1 day just did not count.)

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

CBJSprague24 posted:

I miss LLJK PS4 playlists and science. :smith:

We should get the old band (aard, Bairns, Malakai, dread, Otes, etc) back together and invite anybody who's joined the last couple years to experience the joy of NATO Rules Football and LONMOARS.

Thanks for thinking of me friend but I do not play that game and I will not buy it again because, and this is important: it is bad

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
What's the cutoff for the objectives millions? I completely forgot GTAO existed for the long weekend.

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill

Wolfsheim posted:

What's the cutoff for the objectives millions? I completely forgot GTAO existed for the long weekend.

Today is the last day for the daily objective bonus reward.

On that note, as a PSA for new players: Do not buy anything today unless it's on sale because tomorrow there will be a new set of discounts.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

never buy anything that isn't on sale

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I wanted to get started with the nightclub so I bought one today. I expect that to be the sale.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I wanted to get started with the nightclub so I bought one today. I expect that to be the sale.

*monkeys paw extends a finger*

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

BonerKid posted:

Today is the last day for the daily objective bonus reward.

On that note, as a PSA for new players: Do not buy anything today unless it's on sale because tomorrow there will be a new set of discounts.

You SHOULD be able to get 3 objectives "today" and then another set of 3 after 2amEST tonight. So that's 6 remaining. And then a couple hours after that, around 4am EST is when the changeover happens and that again should be the end of the objectives challenge

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

After some planning I'm thinking about taking the lazy crimelord route - namely, buying the clubhouse at Vespucci beach and then the counterfeit cash factory at Vespucci canal, which are both near my Maze bank office and apartment across the street. Then maybe the arcade right nearby and I'll rule that part of town.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

You SHOULD be able to get 3 objectives "today" and then another set of 3 after 2amEST tonight. So that's 6 remaining. And then a couple hours after that, around 4am EST is when the changeover happens and that again should be the end of the objectives challenge

Dog ended waking me up around 4 just now so I said gently caress it and got in game to try this. Did a single objective just now and it triggered the reward. Got my million bucks so thanks for the tip!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
Is there anything more rewarding than taunting a hacker to leave via text chat and occasionally sniping them? If not I think I may have reached nirvana twice tonight and will never feel anything greater.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Dannywilson posted:

Is there anything more rewarding than taunting a hacker to leave via text chat and occasionally sniping them? If not I think I may have reached nirvana twice tonight and will never feel anything greater.
He must've been really dumb for not putting on god mode and easily crashing your game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The sales this week are.... pretty bad, eh?

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

On the plus side you don't have to regret that Nightclub purchase. :)

The last couple of months have had a lot of good weeks for making cash and last weeks was clearly there to leech a lot of the cash back off by offering a lot of discounts on some of the more unique vehicles. I'd expect in a week or two something good for money making will come on.

Anyway, you should buy an issi classic and put a surfboard on it's roof.

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The 2X bonus for Dispatch missions is a great way for new players to rank up and earn some easy cash.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’ll try those out. I used this morning’s objective million + some quick I/E to buy the terrorbyte and I just wrapped out the 5 client missions so I am set for saving and buying the Oppressor. Just need the 3 or so million + the half a mill for the workstation then however loving much I need to actually upgrade the thing.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

Cage posted:

He must've been really dumb for not putting on god mode and easily crashing your game.

yeah I was waiting for that but it never happened

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well today was productive as hell. I got the terrorbyte AND the oppressor. I can’t afford the work station (or any upgrades for it) yet but I can now zoom around like an idiot. Going to stick with the Kuruma + Buzzard combo for my day to day mission running. I like being able to have both out when doing certain missions and a unupgraded oppressor is kinda lame.

I’m one mid car away from having the 20 needed for the only source top end cars but I’m pretty much only getting top end cars already. My current loops is do a bank robber from the terrorbyte, follow it up with a headhunter, then export a top end car before going back in the loop.

I had a good run of all 6 dispatch missions with some pubbies but I didn’t really get to do anything. One dude with a kitted out oppressor would basically clear poo poo by the time the rest of us drove there. My favorite run was doing Dispatch 1 when oppressor dude switched it to the armored SUV thing with a mini gun on the back (insurgent, I think?) I got on the gun and he drove it right to the door of the police station. I stayed on the gun and spent 2 minutes just shooting the absolute hell out of SWAT and Police while they cleared poo poo inside. It was loving awesome and that or the night shark are going to be my next goal once I finish setting up the oppressor.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Well today was productive as hell. I got the terrorbyte AND the oppressor. I can’t afford the work station (or any upgrades for it) yet but I can now zoom around like an idiot. Going to stick with the Kuruma + Buzzard combo for my day to day mission running. I like being able to have both out when doing certain missions and a unupgraded oppressor is kinda lame.

A lot of people grab flares for it. I highly recommend chaff. Chaff and map awareness will serve you way better against other oppressors who can rapid fire enough missiles that the flares ultimately can't stop.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

https://discord.gg/e7DsJJt

Otacon fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 29, 2020

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
RSVP, and I'll have the cooked pork.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

For these dispatch mission, is it more efficient to rush them (I can do 3 and 6 in like 3-4 minutes) or do I stall / wait it out for 10-15 minutes for more money per run?

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

For these dispatch mission, is it more efficient to rush them (I can do 3 and 6 in like 3-4 minutes) or do I stall / wait it out for 10-15 minutes for more money per run?

4-6 minutes is the optimal time for missions, here is a chart explaining mission payouts

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Missions_in_GTA_Online

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Are you in Discord? We'd love to have real time conversations helping you out!

In the mean time, check this out for your answer: https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/663nnw/guide_contact_missions_payout_difficulty_and/

EDIT: Beaten

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Where were you when we had 20 goons online having fun together in GTA Online?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Running dispatch missions non-stop with pubbies because i like money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Dude. Come on. Come have fun with friends.