Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Mikl posted:

...Why Belgians, specifically?

They're staying in the Presidential Suite at a fancy schmancy hotel. Delegates from Belgium are due to arrive soon and they'll have to give it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Darthemed posted:

The Vision and the Scarlet Witch #6 (1986)

I don't know if Mags is entering or if he's inviting them inside but either way I'm getting big "Darkseid chilling on a couch" vibes. Just "oh hey heroes, it's me, known supervillain/terrorist Magneto, what's up?"

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Blair Underwood being their pick for Black Panther says so much about whoever created this.

Because it should of been Don Franklin?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Darthemed posted:

The Vision and the Scarlet Witch #6 (1986)

"...but the women call me Papi!"

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

bunnyofdoom posted:

She's about to commit a murder on a train with a bunch of people

:cheers:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

TY for getting this reference.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Supersonic Shine posted:

Yeah, I'm one of those, though I at least know the broad strokes of the chapters I didn't read. Lol at One Piece making it to the point where new kids climbing aboard treat established events like unknown backstory details, though.

I would recommend signing up for the Shonen Jump subscription service as it is $2 a month and has all of One Piece.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

And in Japan, the first ten years of One Piece ara available for free (legally, mind you) for anyone to read on, I think, Shonen Jump's site (and of course, libraries, but thats true in the US as well I'd guess).

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:nice:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Lurdiak posted:

How many parts is One Piece at, and do they know what the One Piece is yet.
It's the name of the treasure in an area in the direction of the Grand Line, duh.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

MikeJF posted:

Quality varies but it's a pretty great 80sMCU

Got me remembering these exist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3U__0deSGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7nFYKC1qQc

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

wow the black widow in this one is a real deep dive.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

bunnyofdoom posted:

TY for getting this reference.

I probably wouldn't have gotten it a couple of months ago, but my new girlfriend is a huge Poirot fan, and I've been watching the David Suchet series with her.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Black Panther should have been Bruce Leroy instead of Sho'nuff. Sho'nuff is Killmonger, naturally.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Mikl posted:

...Why Belgians, specifically?

She knows of King Leopold II.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cleretic posted:

Michael Jackson as Star-Lord also completely misses what worked about Chris Pratt's casting. He was an actor for comedies that happened to have some unexplored chops elsewhere, which brought a lot in making GotG much lighter than everything around it. Pratt only really became a 'serious' get after stuff like GotG gave him some credibility for that kind of star.

Transplant that into the 80s, and you'd probably want... Eddie Murphy, maybe? Any of the Ghostbusters? I know in the nineties it's absolutely a Will Smith role.

Bill murray

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

bunnyofdoom posted:

She's about to commit a murder on a train with a bunch of people

I appreciate this.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sebmojo posted:

Bill murray

Peter Quill and Peter Venkman are definitely the same guy.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Blue Beetle #4 (1940)

Superboy #32 (1954)

Spidey Super Stories #18 (1976)

The Sensational She-Hulk #12 (1990)

Medieval Spawn / Witchblade #1 (1996)

Spidey #4 (2016)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mashle: Magic and Muscles is a goddamn delight :allears:

(Left to Right)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I'm reading Hack/Slash because it's free on Kindle Unlimited, and this bit from the 2008 Annual (featuring the SUICIDE GIRLS) amused me.

It's a prescient comment on internet discourse in 2020.

The series as a whole is pretty dated and embarrassing so it may not be worth the free to continue.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Not a funny panel, but wasn't sure where else to share this. My husband brought home a bottle of this beer last night:

I just noticed the ABV this morning and had a sensible chuckle. (Also it was really delicious!)

edit: I'm drinking this one now:

It is green. Like, Abe Sapien minty/seafoam green. I'll try to get a pic for y'all (my phone's dead rn).

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 26, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh my god:

Maple syrup pancakes beer.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The Hellboy Hellwater cinnamon whiskey is 66.6 proof.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh my god:

Right? I'm hoping my man's store has some of those. I was, I think, the only person in the world that loved the Sam Adams seasonal maple porter that came out in the 90's, so that sounds awesome.

If you see any of these Hellboy beers, snatch 'em up because apparently they only made 666 cases of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh my god:

Is it...yucky?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I've never had the Hellboy beer, but I did have a maple liquor once that was loving amazing.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Found on Twitter but it looks like something from He-Man?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Second cousin of the guy from I'm Sorry Miss Jackson (he is four eels)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yeah that's King Hiss and Rio Blast.

King Hiss' gimmick is that he's a man who is secretly snakes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If you told me Tom Scioli had invented this character as a joke I would believe it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I had the toy of that and he's supposed to have a human shell that you would remove and there would be the snakes but that quickly became lost. So I just had a weird guy who's upper body was a bunch of snakes.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’ve never been a He-Man fan, but I loved King Hiss and Lashor, when we would play at latchkey.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

muscles like this! posted:

I had the toy of that and he's supposed to have a human shell that you would remove and there would be the snakes but that quickly became lost. So I just had a weird guy who's upper body was a bunch of snakes.

Same. Somewhere the King Hiss Shell dwarves have assembled a tiny mountain of King Hiss shells whereon their king has his throne.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

muscles like this! posted:

Oh geez.
When I was little my brother and I inherited a grab bag of He-Man toys that a slightly older cousin had outgrown, and I actually had a big epiphany reading this thread because while my cousin had that particular action figure, by the time he crammed all his assorted guys and weapons and vehicles into the big cardboard box we wound up with, he was only two crisp pieces of man-torso. I always felt so uneasy about them, but now I know-- there was supposed to be some snake inside.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

The five tails on the word balloon is perfect.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Whiz Comics #14 (1941)

Strange Tales #63 (1958)

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 (1995)

Spawn: The Dark Ages #16 (2000)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Darthemed posted:

Spawn: The Dark Ages #16 (2000)

I'm caught between wanting to accept this as a sweet burn and scratching my head wondering if that's really of that works.

The fond makes him sound really nice, though.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah that's King Hiss and Rio Blast.

King Hiss' gimmick is that he's a man who is secretly snakes.

Now i want a “saturday morning cartoon” Dark souls mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

...I said as I rose from the cafeteria table. A look of fear crept across the bully's face as he tripped over his own feet scrambling to get away from me. My fellow students stood as one and began to applaud...