Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Bill Posters posted:

https://www.hearnshobbies.com/#/dfclassic/query=MG%20%22F90%22%20premium%20bandai&query_name=match_and

You never specified cheaply, only easily.

Still you should buy the F90 to remove the temptation for me.

gently caress, maybe a little too exxy however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

grassy gnoll posted:

Depends on what the figure is. For robots that are going to have certain types of peg-and-socket joints, the Bandai action bases have a whole ton of connectors, including a serious business u-joint. Heavy-rear end Master Grades don't even slip when you've fitted one of them properly.

(The goobers in the upper right.)

If you've got something more like a Revoltech or Figure Arts doll, you're going to have to use those crappy grabber arms, like the claw in the bottom right above. If it came to it, you could always get your figure in position, then put PVA glue in the grabber joints to keep it in place if it won't stay on its own.

interesting, and surprisingly cheap, I figured display stands of that level would be like 15-20 bucks each, but they're 9 a pop on gundamplanet.

well, hopefully they'll suit my needs for the figures in question, and if not, I'm sure I have plenty of figures that would work with them anyways.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Def recommend action bases. A lot of the kits come with a piece you attach to them if they have something weird or different from the standard ones they come with. I have a few on them and they work really well.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

new gm

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1265583591611744257?s=20

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Unfortunately it's PB only. (And was actually announced 2 weeks ago, it's just only come up on the "GM Gallery")

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Can anyone recommend a good set of chisels for scribing? I realise that the pg zeta I'm working on really needs some surface detail so I'm just gonna copy the panel lines from the rg on to it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The RG Nu Gundam's back in stock at HLJ.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Monaghan posted:

Can anyone recommend a good set of chisels for scribing? I realise that the pg zeta I'm working on really needs some surface detail so I'm just gonna copy the panel lines from the rg on to it.

BMC are the gold standard but they're pretty expensive if you want more than a couple of sizes and seem to be consistently out of stock everywhere.

I have a small collection of Madworks chisels which seem pretty good to me. Nearly, but not quite, as expensive as the BMCs.

I started with a set of wave chisels which were just okay but considerably cheaper than the other options.

Plenty of people get good results with the Tamiya scriber or even just a Tamiya/olfa design knife with the blade in backwards. Just sand the blunt end down to the desired thickness.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
while cleaning, I found the box I keep all the extra gunpla bits and weapons in along with a bunch of gunpla I stored away.

I hope you'll indulge me a little bit, I've been having fun with Apollo and decided to see what gunpla weapons he could reliably wield. turns out he can hold pretty much anything he can get his mitts around.

perfect grade rx-78 blaster and shield(he even managed to hold the shield off the ground which is nuts because it is crazy heavy! hard to keep it from flopping over due to not being able to actually attach to his arm though)

the PG wing zero custom buster rifles, a bit unwieldy due to them being literally almost a foot long each, but he managed. hard to get them in the shot without going outside the "lightbox"

SRW thrudgelmir colossal blade, 2x zaku missile launchers(iirc), zaku and char's zaku heat hawks, a beam rifle from something

SRW gespenst rifle of some sort, 2x GM missile launchers(iirc), kampher mines and I think the rx-78 ball and chain?, PG rx-78 beamsabers

RX-79 missile launcher and kampher shotgun, 1/144 heavyarms custom dual gatling cannons(daintily held), rx-79 rifle and some sort of submachine gun from I forget what gundam, pg wing zero beam sabers

and a macross(?) rifle + Wei Jiang Prime axe

man it was fun finding my box of old gundam stuff. also a few broken figures from when I was a kid(MG EZ-8's head exploded) that I'm gonna try to fix up. I think I sold my super busted up PG wing zero custom, sadly. it took a dive off a shelf long before I had Detolfs to properly display stuff and, well, that sucker is held together by spit and hope, so it of course exploded into a dozen pieces on impact. oh well, it was kind of a poo poo figure anyways.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/PEN2ndLEGOfan1/status/1264456658358427650?s=20

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty
but why

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ew is right

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
New Ver Ka is Wing Zero EW.

Bit of a let down for me, but still new kit.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The feather wings are sick so I'm ok with more of these kits

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

i was hoping for the g-self...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zeta here

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ugh, worst possible choice they could have went with. They could have at least made a Wing Zero Unicorn variant ver Ka

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm honestly excited. My wzc is in a sorry state, having been repeatedly damaged in moving, so getting a new one has kinda always been on the wishlist, but now I just need this.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Disappointing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm honestly excited. My wzc is in a sorry state, having been repeatedly damaged in moving, so getting a new one has kinda always been on the wishlist, but now I just need this.

I'd wager your use case is probably why it exists; It's popular as gently caress, and the original is old as gently caress.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
how terrible are the featherwings compared to the perfect grade one, which were awful?

it's the sort of thing that is stupid but works adequately in animated form but when you transition to a physical model doesn't work so good.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So long as it isn't the sorry state the MG's wings were, I'm happy.

Past a point I just took off the big wings and left the smaller ones on and posed it back to back with the regular Wing so that they had similar profiles.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gripweed posted:

If this isn't the G-Self I swear to god I will be disappointed

I'm disappointed

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm collecting all the mg wing kits and haven't gotten around to the wing zero custom so I'm happy with a new kit.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm trying to come up with something I'd want even less than this and so far I'm coming up blank.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's not a Gundam Wing but it's mine - finally finished my first full build in a long time, the RE/100 Zaku II FZ Kai

First time weathering! Probably overdid it, but the Tamiya weathering sets are a ton of fun.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I was so excited for a new kit to build so I just impulse bought the Dynames and Kyrios.

Kyrios looks like a great kit and Dynames seems to be universally loved, so I guess thanks Bandai?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
This is such a wet fart of an announcement. Yeah sorry Bandai, but I already own three Wing Zeros.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

First time weathering! Probably overdid it, but the Tamiya weathering sets are a ton of fun.

Nah. Looks good.

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty
give me an mg acguy ver. ka you cowards

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TaurusOxford posted:

This is such a wet fart of an announcement. Yeah sorry Bandai, but I already own three Wing Zeros.

I can't help but think this sentence has been said incrementally with each previous release :v:.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/figsoku_r/status/1266220808453492736?s=19

First equipment pack for Geminmyass. I'd he more excited if I hadn't already seen what they did with the F90 packs and those are supposedly MG. I'm expecting a box of all grey runners.

Also, yet another Wing Zero EW? Are you even serious Bandai? Of all the things you could have chosen... Stay there, I'll go get my wallet.

Edit: They've also announced reprints of the PB EW customs which is genuinely good news.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 06:22 on May 29, 2020

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

TaurusOxford posted:

I've got four, and that's not even counting the one without giant angel wings. :shobon:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I can't help but think this sentence has been said incrementally with each previous release :v:.

..that really depends on how much this kit is gonna cost. I love me some Wing Zeroes, but I'm not exactly hyped for this one.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Bees on Wheat posted:

..that really depends on how much this kit is gonna cost. I love me some Wing Zeroes, but I'm not exactly hyped for this one.

MSRP is 6,050 yennies. That's on the north side of average for an MG so I'm hoping for some pretty sweet gimmicks.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
I wonder how much Katoki can fiddle with the design, it really was already pretty detailed and had super long legs. Will be interesting to see a side by side with both the old one and the super Nova.

Cool, but yeah, little dissapointed it wasn't a kit that didn't have a million variants.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Vahtooch posted:

I wonder how much Katoki can fiddle with the design, it really was already pretty detailed and had super long legs. Will be interesting to see a side by side with both the old one and the super Nova.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

MSRP is 6,050 yennies. That's on the north side of average for an MG so I'm hoping for some pretty sweet gimmicks.

I'd hope so. That's the price of an additional high grade on top of the list price for Barbatos or Dynames, and they're both bigger Mobile Suits than the Wing Zero. Heck, it's higher than the list price for the Alex, and that suit was loaded to the nines.

Part of me worries it's just the fancy wings, though.

Trying to think why the Zero is the most disappointing Ver Ka imaginable here, besides me just not being big on the Wing suits, and I think part of it is that all we know is it's the same as an older kit, without any idea what makes it an improvement beyond "Is not over a decade old".

Meanwhile, when we get a new version of Grandpa, Bandai puts whatever's different front and center, even if it's just "This one's dirt cheap."

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

It's not the worst choice from both a financial and needed update pov, but I wanted something really new.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It came from facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

On the subject of Ver Ka's, after some procrastination I've finished building my Hi-Nu.

Actual MS finished, with and without light on and a size comparison to the Origin RX-78-2

The backpack, which hilariously recommends that you keep part of the stand attached with a little foot put on it to keep it standing.

With the funnels attached, also a look at the painted mini-gun in the arm.

How it looks on the stand.

Now I just need to get started on the waterslides. Not looking forward to the giant ones for the funnels.