Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

its gotta be waaay more than 1/3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Cat Face Joe posted:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

if i was asked a number id say probably 90% of people are hosed up by this. maybe not directly the covi but their stonks or something. if i had to put $1000 on a number id say 75%

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
well yeah there's literally no one in the world who hasn't been impacted in some way but there's a difference between financial issues and mental issues

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

no duh

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

I read all day long on here that people hate jack (but still use twitter lol). trying not to be too much of a sheep, the opinion I've formed of him from what I've read isn't consistent with what others say of him. i might simply not know enough and be completely wrong, but it's just what I've formed from what I've read, and I'll be hoenst I haven't delved deep into it to find problems or good things either. welp

this is naive af

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Cat Face Joe posted:

close to 1/3 the US population thinks it's a hoax

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

MononcQc posted:

close to 1/3 the US population thinks it's a hoax

yeah and as a result think the golberment or the chinese or the lizardpeople are trying to kill them with 5g ultragay waves and they are flipping out over it

this is affecting everyone mentally and saying only a third of people are suffering some kind of depression/anxiety is absolutely not true

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

echinopsis posted:

idk whenever I've read interviews I tend to like his thoughts generally. compared to say zuckerberg, he appears to have views on the direction of twitter that are orders of magnitude healthier than that of facebook. I can't remember anything specific, just that feeling after interview.

no matter how you run a social media you'll have haters. I think the general "mission statement" of twitter is far better than almost any other one

what are these acts of direct support of nazis on twitter? the closest I know of it is a sub par effort to cull facist posts

same. i have no idea who the guy is really except he's just @jack and i don't really care to know any more about him, same reason i don't watch tmz or read about celebrities

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i only just now realized that the thread title is from a joke i made... 3 weeks ago. lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

have those 100+ million people tried just thinking on the bright side>?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cat Face Joe posted:

the lizardpeople are trying to kill them with 5g ultragay waves and they are flipping out over it
https://twitter.com/mywheelhouseftw/status/1263676891447193602?s=21

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

if i was asked a number id say probably 90% of people are hosed up by this. maybe not directly the covi but their stonks or something. if i had to put $1000 on a number id say 75%

One of the guys my wife manages lost an aunt and her husband last month, they both got sick and died at the same time

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265601615261827072
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265649545410744321

do it donnie im so close

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

idk if i agree that this is entirely on the roni. it's definitely the trigger but our big wet president and his sycophants all over the press, social media, and our lives is absolutely aggravating it for me. it'd be one thing if we were all in this together and united in fighting the virus, but the constant gas lighting and deliberate riling up is what's making it so much worse. imo

e: dem hand wringing throughout it all ain't helping either

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

literally hitler appeasement all over again. maybe if we give them this inch THIS time they'll finally chill the gently caress out. ok how about THIS inch- certainly they have to see how favorably we've been treating them now.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

One of the guys my wife manages lost an aunt and her husband last month, they both got sick and died at the same time

all smiles, knowing that their bodies fuel the great economy machine

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
twitter should just go to war with trump. delete his account. wtf is he going to do

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DELETE CASCADE posted:

twitter should just go to war with trump. delete his account. wtf is he going to do

he'd probably take over @potus for his personal use

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
but all those followers, lost to the sands of time. his RATINGS

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

as to "what would trump do if you completely removed his ability to use twitter at all," i'm gonna say a military occupation of their headquarters

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Sagebrush posted:

as to "what would trump do if you completely removed his ability to use twitter at all," i'm gonna say a military occupation of their headquarters

I was thinking about how it might work with like NSA nerds shuffling in after a swat raid, but that doesn't even work now that everyone is wfh.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I’m willing to entertain Twitter banning his personal account

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Methanar posted:

I was thinking about how it might work with like NSA nerds shuffling in after a swat raid, but that doesn't even work now that everyone is wfh.

that’s easy, just raid their homes too.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

I’m willing to entertain Twitter banning his personal account

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
covid kingdom

https://twitter.com/brooksbarnesNYT/status/1265665002813321217

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ive booked my tickets already

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
caught between relaxation zones as the high-energy squads close in, I crouch behind the bushes and say a quiet prayer to friend computer mickey mouse

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Thank God, if I had to go another minute without visiting a theme park I don't think I would survive

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
high energy cattle prod squads?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Media Bloodbath posted:

high energy cattle prod squads?

they’re not going to do poo poo besides put up some signs and have a minimum wage slave cast member tell you to mask up. “the happiest place on earth” isn’t going to eject people who aren’t wearing masks and even if they did it would turn out that 90% of the guests suffer from asthma. the mouse still needs to turn a profit, after all. orlando probably won’t be as bad with people taking it back with them as the spring break shitshow from a couple of months back but i expect this to be noticeable.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
eh idk at least in the US, a lot of cast members are actually pretty good at their jobs

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

eh idk at least in the US, a lot of cast members are actually pretty good at their jobs

when their job is just to say words they can be good at their job and ineffective at solving the problem.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

"google's motto is 'don't be evil' so they must be a good company" - echi, probably

:rolleyes:

sorry for not insta believing just what people on a forum say

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

this is naive af

ok

I know my brain has a bias toward believing things people say, rather than being immediately skeptical. is it a flaw that my brain trusts people easily? idk. maybe it's poor for navigating the world, but makes me somewhat pleasant to be around I suppsoe

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

echinopsis posted:

:rolleyes:

sorry for not insta believing just what people on a forum say

are you planning to add anything to your line of reasoning here or is the entirety "i don't trust people when they say @jack is a shitstain, and having dismissed that point of data i know nothing, so i will arbitrarily conclude that he's perfectly ok"?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

just like social distancing, i was doing this long before it was cool :smuggo:

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

forum nerds: not trustworthy
billionaire with a 10 million/year PR budget: seems like a nice guy

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

power botton posted:

forum nerds: not trustworthy
billionaire with a 10 million/year PR budget: seems like a nice guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

are you planning to add anything to your line of reasoning here or is the entirety "i don't trust people when they say @jack is a shitstain, and having dismissed that point of data i know nothing, so i will arbitrarily conclude that he's perfectly ok"?

I was referring to my beliefs about him before this conversation we had here

now I have heard things that contradict what I thought I know, and conclude something along the lines of "people who probably know more than me say he's bad, so he probably is"

I thought he seemed ok. turns out I was probably wrong.