Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bloops posted:

Why is it so hard for you to not be a dickhead? Some of us want to play the game free of spoilers or some hot take on it. Let me judge it on its own merits.

You know what you're right. I'm sorry. I overreacted.

I'm exhausted from the horrible poo poo going on and reading about this thing in my escapist thread just pushed me over the edge and that's not fair to y'all, the creators, and the game itself.

I'm concerned still, but that doesn't make it fair.

Spoiler free, another reason I support a boycott:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LRynF3PZn0

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Wasabi the J posted:

You know what you're right. I'm sorry. I overreacted.

I'm exhausted from the horrible poo poo going on and reading about this thing in my escapist thread just pushed me over the edge and that's not fair to y'all, the creators, and the game itself.

I'm concerned still, but that doesn't make it fair.

Spoiler free, another reason I support a boycott:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LRynF3PZn0

Literally every developer does this "crunch" bullshit and they all need to be shamed for it, but at the same time those devs involved in creating the game *do* care and *do* want people to play and enjoy it. Also I'm not gonna lie I didn't even watch that video after the first five seconds, I'm just basing this off of the text description.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You know what other industries crunch? Nearly all of them. I’ve worked 55+ hour weeks for two months in previous agency roles where the MO was burning people out because there is always 10 fresh-faced college kids wanting your spot and will do it for a pathetic salary.

My point is this, you can be mad at video game studios crunching but the real issue is worker exploitation across the working world.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

So I noticed that I’ve somehow got an extra copy of XCOM: Apocalypse on Steam. Do any of you want it as a freebie? Keep in mind it’s from 1997, there’s no tutorial, and the difficulty is self-adjusting based on your progress vs the aliens (and also built by a sadist). You’d need a guide, of which there are plenty around.

PM me if you’re interested, I’ll see if I can’t gift it to you somehow.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was it the last of us 2 that had that easter egg where they say the title of the game and look right at the camera?

Evil Within 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zigTx34rpsw

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

oh my god they even got the number

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

so good

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

what are you the monopoly guy

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bloops posted:

You know what other industries crunch? Nearly all of them. I’ve worked 55+ hour weeks for two months in previous agency roles where the MO was burning people out because there is always 10 fresh-faced college kids wanting your spot and will do it for a pathetic salary.

My point is this, you can be mad at video game studios crunching but the real issue is worker exploitation across the working world.

Which is literally addressed in the video.

That's a failure of management; in capitalism, the only tools the consumer has to stop the problem is boycott -- and when one publisher is "worse than most" by the accounts of most other people in the industry, it's a little easier to avoid the biggest scumbags.

I mean if you want to play Last of Us 2 that's fine; i don't think you're terrible for buying it or anything. I just think it's a little weird to be like "ALL WORKERS MATTER" in response to being told they're a scummier company than most, and they're acting shadier than normal, which doesn't bode well for season 8 Last of Us 2.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Wasabi the J posted:

Which is literally addressed in the video.

That's a failure of management; in capitalism, the only tools the consumer has to stop the problem is boycott -- and when one publisher is "worse than most" by the accounts of most other people in the industry, it's a little easier to avoid the biggest scumbags.

I mean if you want to play Last of Us 2 that's fine; i don't think you're terrible for buying it or anything. I just think it's a little weird to be like "ALL WORKERS MATTER" in response to being told they're a scummier company than most, and they're acting shadier than normal, which doesn't bode well for season 8 Last of Us 2.

No one wanted to watch a video with that obnoxious gently caress

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I have conquered the final boss in Elex with my BLOOD REAPER III

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm still really digging NMS. I spent the last three days or so setting up two different money farms, which consisted of spending a day exploring the galaxy for ~the perfect worlds~ and then a day or so dicking around building them up. So in theory twice a day I should have a shitload of products ready to sell for cash, and now I can begin my quest to be a pretty princess with fancy expensive S-class ships.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

No one wanted to watch a video with that obnoxious gently caress

I'm sure a guy that dresses like that is a true intellectual giant

(Didn't click it, I think I'd rather be lectured by a furry avatar)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

yo nah jim sterling was a somethinggater back in the day, and is a huge raging misogynist he can tongue my rear end in a top hat.

Trigger warning: lots of Jim Sterling using Heated Gamer Words. Don't click if you don't want to know how much of a piece of poo poo Jim Sterling is.

https://i.imgur.com/4fkevrv.jpg

orange juche fucked around with this message at 10:15 on May 28, 2020

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Got my monitors yesterday. They are majestic.

And then I realized my video card peaks at 1920*1080, so bought a new video card this morning. Good to have an excuse for that one. My current one is probably 6 years old.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

orange juche posted:

yo nah jim sterling was a somethinggater back in the day, and is a huge raging misogynist he can tongue my rear end in a top hat.

Trigger warning: lots of Jim Sterling using Heated Gamer Words. Don't click if you don't want to know how much of a piece of poo poo Jim Sterling is.

https://i.imgur.com/4fkevrv.jpg

that was nine years ago - he's changed a lot

i still don't watch his videos but people should be allowed to change

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

crystal chronicles is getting remastered with 4 player online for switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-gBaEQOS7A

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

bloops posted:

Speaking of Prey and Dishonored, that developer Arkane Studios, worked with Valve on a Half Lifr spin off a while back. It was called Ravenholm. There’s a bunch of details about it in a new NoClip documentary that came out yesterday. Gameplay and all.

Arkane had a lot of really cool ideas that were dropped for various reasons. This a really good NoClip doc on it, in which they talk about Ravenholm, the Crossing, and LMNO among other things.

https://youtu.be/h4kdqwdbZZ8

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Playing through Half-Life 2 cooperatively with the Synergy mod is good fun

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm playing my free copy of gta5. Great shotgun. Damage doesn't disappear past 10 feet

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Vasudus posted:

I'm still really digging NMS. I spent the last three days or so setting up two different money farms, which consisted of spending a day exploring the galaxy for ~the perfect worlds~ and then a day or so dicking around building them up. So in theory twice a day I should have a shitload of products ready to sell for cash, and now I can begin my quest to be a pretty princess with fancy expensive S-class ships.

Same, except I'm just barely starting to dabble in the auto-mining. Got an orb farm going on the freighter, and a base on a hilariously radioactive planet with big clusters of storm stones that I can hit up if I'm hurting for cash. Now to fancy up my brand spanking new flying golden orb.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Fallom posted:

I'm like 35 hours in and I feel like I'm running out of quests but I'm only level 25 and my weapons still suck poo poo

For me its my armor. I'm still using the same hunter armor trash i looted near the beginning. My weapons are alright, at least I can kill most things that aren't combat mechs and giants and poo poo well enough. Not level 20 yet tho.

Is it me, or do ranged weapons suck poo poo? Not only do they feel really bad to use but the damage is garbage, the feedback is terrible, and ammo is way too scare/expensive for how little damage things do. Thats using guns upgraded once and with a point in ranged weapons. Melee all the way.

Now grenades, they own and I can't get enough of them.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I ended up doing some of the main quest line and gained like 6 levels in 30 minutes lol

Ranged weapons sucked until I leveled up enough to use some of the unique ones, and even then they were pretty unsatisfying.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

xcom 2/borderlands/bioshock out for switch

buddy of mine got xcom 2, basically said its like playing at the lowest PC settings and the load times are Civ 6 long but it controls well and since its a strategy game it works fine

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1302800/Chair_Fucking_Simulator/

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I'm not even through my first coffee yet, and :wtc:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1266650265723138048?s=20

Got a good chuckle from me

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

xcom 2/borderlands/bioshock out for switch

buddy of mine got xcom 2, basically said its like playing at the lowest PC settings and the load times are Civ 6 long but it controls well and since its a strategy game it works fine

Ah good to know. I was sitting on the fence waiting for reviews.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

same here, i was getting nervous since there was like no gameplay impressions from anyone beforehand

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Bioshock and Borderlands run at 30 fps locked, borderlands runs in what looks like native resolution somehow. Performance for both is supposedly good, especially Bioshock

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 14:54 on May 31, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Sega is doing something massive supposedly

its not a Dreamcast 2 or a new mini console from people talking. Possible merger?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMMSTeYkVo4

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

is a merger different than whatever the gently caress they’ve been doing the last 10-20 years

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the past 10-20 years they've mainly focused on publisher stuff and horrid sonic games and not what they should be doing (Virtua Fighter 6 and pitting Daytona USA on the Switch)

Sega was the one company still pushing arcade hardware for forever, the Saturn and Dreamcast were built like the Neo Geo MVS so they could port their arcade titles over from Naomi/Naomi 2 boards, and they did the weird Triforce cabs with Bandai Namco and Nintendo (they did a sick F-Zero arcade version for it). Once arcades died forever they really kinda got hosed bc that was so much of their bottom line and they got out of the console market

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Sega kills Dumbledore.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

They are teaming up with Microsoft to make the xxXBOXxx SEGA One xXx

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

MS is looking to buy then supposedly, and anyone else they can to try and stifle Sony exclusives

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

$10 all you can play Thursday nights at Sega City homies (in 1997)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

there was an arcade in a mall here in CT when i was growing up that had was run by a sega head. Had the best MvC2 cabinet in the state and thats one of the places where all the old fgc people would go back in the day. When I first got my license i'd drive down there every weekend just to get destroyed and watch people do insane stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

there was an arcade in a mall here in CT when i was growing up that had was run by a sega head. Had the best MvC2 cabinet in the state and thats one of the places where all the old fgc people would go back in the day. When I first got my license i'd drive down there every weekend just to get destroyed and watch people do insane stuff

Marvel vs Capcom 2? There’s a game I lost an embarassing amount of time to, but on Saturn and PS2.

Cable, Iron Man, and Akuma for the “gently caress you and everything you stand for” special assault on the soul triple attack