Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The internet was always this bad, honestly worse, people just all literally were or pretended to be white boys before and every aspect of humor and culture online catered to said white boys so there was less visible conflict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

drat, there’s almost no discussion of actual music going on here, but I guess thats a natural result of current hip hop being bad.

Its crazy how the popularity of rappers rises and falls faster than Ronda Rousey, and gopro stock.

I remember how crazy everyone was going for Odd Future. Then the “fans” abandoned them and they broke up.

Then the same with chief keef, death grips, kendrick lamar, lil uzi vert, migos. I havent changed my underwear since lil xan went up and down. And im still waiting for earl sweatshirt to make a better album than kanye.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ChocNitty posted:

drat, there’s almost no discussion of actual music going on here, but I guess thats a natural result of current hip hop being bad.

Its crazy how the popularity of rappers rises and falls faster than Ronda Rousey, and gopro stock.

I remember how crazy everyone was going for Odd Future. Then the “fans” abandoned them and they broke up.

Then the same with chief keef, death grips, kendrick lamar, lil uzi vert, migos. I havent changed my underwear since lil xan went up and down. And im still waiting for earl sweatshirt to make a better album than kanye.

The cringe off this post is mind blowing

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

ChocNitty posted:

lol

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

ChocNitty posted:

Lmao

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

ChocNitty posted:

alright

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

styles p's "Styles David: Ghost Your Enthusiasm" is out now, which is an even more baffling album title than "Styles P The GOAT: Ghost of All Time"

e: and the album starts with a skit featuring a guy telling styles that hes loving an ig thot named garfield

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ChocNitty posted:

If you’re gonna take three years in between posts at least make them less embarrassing.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

you should change your underwear more often buddy

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

ChocNitty posted:

:ohno:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

drat lotta posts today in the hip hop topic, did RMR release a n-

ChocNitty posted:

...oh

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ChocNitty posted:

go off king!!!

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

buncha good poo poo on the gunna album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pub-sMlvwRw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCHRCTHUb9U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs91I2u3i-I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo3gPTd8px8

(also LMAO wtf)

Mao Zedong Thot fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 26, 2020

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

ChocNitty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPkuF3iFAcc

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

ChocNitty posted:

yuugh

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

styles p's "Styles David: Ghost Your Enthusiasm" is out now, which is an even more baffling album title than "Styles P The GOAT: Ghost of All Time"

e: and the album starts with a skit featuring a guy telling styles that hes loving an ig thot named garfield

Styles is in my top 5, will check out

temple fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 26, 2020

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

ChocNitty posted:

lol, where's that from?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ_TDV5GstQ

All you need to know about Styles Pinero

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Modern Leper posted:

lol, where's that from?

He's serious. He's got very few posts in this thread and its consistent lmfao. He really REALLY hates odd future but also Kendrick's drat lol

Which is funny because first of all OF has been dead since forever but also lmao

ChocNitty posted:

He's talking about how these artists are all irrelevant but if anything the only one that's not really relevant is Migos these days since they burnt themselves out. They're all huge lmfao (except lil xan, which lmao duh).

That earl snipe at the end is so strange too lol

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 26, 2020

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

I think if I just had the instrumentals to these I might enjoy it more.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

yeah gunna doesnt excite me much but the production on that album is very good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Some WOAT art on that Gunna album

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

yeah gunna doesnt excite me much but the production on that album is very good

The YSL stable of producers is pretty unmatched, and he just kinda lazily floats all over the beats, which IMO is great.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

of all the young thug copycats gunna to me is the least interesting

i had a lot of fun yesterday re listening to a bunch of ditc stuff for example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hX8i8MHfUA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWRbehsSHkM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uayrehVIwDo

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

40 lbs to freedom posted:

of all the young thug copycats gunna to me is the least interesting

a lot of them just sound straight bored, which is fine as a stylistic choice, I guess, but at least thug always sounded animated in his early run

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They're just all high 24/7. Dude was on IG live doing whippets.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Gunna's vlog, he barely even talks in it lmao but I keep watching idk why

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

ChocNitty posted:

hosed up if true

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Sorry for the self promotion but I produced this song in 2016 and after the last few days it has been incredibly relevant (to be honest it’s always been relevant).

https://soundcloud.com/user-223421902/intro-welcome-to-black-america/s-OT5093N1Wkk

That’s not me on the vocals. It’s a guy I know that goes by Meechy Jay. He’s from WV living in the Shenandoah area of VA now. You can find him on steaming platforms.

It is mixed like poo poo because I still didn’t have any clue what the hell I was doing so go easy on me; I’m just here to spread his message.

It also samples Comfortably Numb, which was a very intentional choice.

I would say enjoy it, but you’re not supposed to.

E: if this isn’t allowed I will gladly eat a probe for it. The message is more important than my ability to post.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

The YSL stable of producers is pretty unmatched, and he just kinda lazily floats all over the beats, which IMO is great.

its a very good album for chilling out, i'll give it that

Crumbletron posted:

a lot of them just sound straight bored, which is fine as a stylistic choice, I guess, but at least thug always sounded animated in his early run

this is why lil keed is one of the better thug clones, he goes for that 1017 thug sound fairly often

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/OnnThinIce/status/1265713235115888648

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:worship:

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

stopppppppppppppp it

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
gently caress outta here

:aaaaa:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

WOAH

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

:dogcited:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I like the pun in the title.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Ohhh thats where the Track Scottie Beam is from.

Deanni was posting about it on social media and I was confused cause I didn't know of any projects on the horizon. This should be doooope tho

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
UK drill update: Drake working on a collab with Headie One. He stays swag surfing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_TtLctTHw4