Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

There are moments where it's nearly competent, then it immediately devolves back into a garbled mess aping a combination of 90s X-Men and Slayers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The chapters don't resemble each other in any meaningful way other than they all share the trait that they're stupid.

I can't imagine following this in real time. Like you buy a new edition and everything shifts. The art is different, the tone is different. I guess the sex jokes remain.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I want to know how enough people gave them the money to keep publishing this. Was Brazil truly that starved for comics? Or is it that if you draw enough titties on something, nerds will buy it?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably the novelty of it being Megaman-related. Megaman was popular here. Not as popular as Sonic or Street Fighter, but still pretty popular.

Also it being a local production probably earned it enough novelty points for people to stick with it for a few editions.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What's Brazil's comic scene like now?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think there's any but I don't follow it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
MegaMan was the poo poo in the 90s. He was popular everywhere. I obsessed over them until Megaman 5 or so. Never even played the newer ones :(

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If we are all being truthful, though, the only thing about the 90's in Brazil that really mattered was Saint Seiya.

Everything else was some sort of existential filler.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Did the Jojos ever penetrate the Brazilian market? I understand anime is pretty popular out that way.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Warbird posted:

Did the Jojos ever penetrate the Brazilian market? I understand anime is pretty popular out that way.

https://loja.panini.com.br/panini/solucoes/Busca.aspx?fcp=29670

Only since 2018.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Elentor posted:

If we are all being truthful, though, the only thing about the 90's in Brazil that really mattered was Saint Seiya.

Everything else was some sort of existential filler.

Also Yu Yu Hakusho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fkG7vT9eGc

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I don't know about Brazil but I know that in Puerto Rico, Saturday morning cartoons were nothing but anime.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Tunicate posted:

There are two official, playable games which offer contradictory explanations of what happened between classic and x.

The first is the obscure wonderswan spinoff where megaman's clone from the future easily kills all the robots there, then time travels back to the past so he can finally have a decent fight.

The second is this one

Is that what's happening in the wonderswan game? lol

also wat @ link, gonna have to try that

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I thought there was some anime where Zero gets released and kills Rush, then shoots Rock through the chest and in the last moments he has power, Rock unleashes a super mega buster that causes him to fall apart but deactivates Zero.

I'm also surprised we haven't gotten an X game where the Maverick virus/Sigma reach their TRUE form and the M/Sigma logos merge to form the Wily W and you fight a mecha whose unstable power core gives him a spark-moustache

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Haha holy poo poo

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Sorry for the delay folks, Windows update made everything a bit fucky for a minute there. Got a linux kernel tho. ANYWAY

THE

ART

SOMEHOW

GETS

WORSE

The promised pregnant Roll and all the horrors that implies.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Warbird
May 23, 2012

And our promised megaman babies. The horror of it all.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ah yes. Of course Tengu Man was the tipping point.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The back half of the series will all be having these little translator notes at the end written by our goonfriend here in the thread. Ain't that something?

Tune in next time for: Roll wearing the most clothes she's had so far this series! A codpiece for no drat reason! Another new artist! New Character models! And the art getting even worse in what can only be described as an effort of sheer malice to god and man!!

Warbird fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 28, 2020

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The proportions are hosed but the colors and framing aren't bad, really

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Warbird posted:

And our promised megaman babies. The horror of it all.

This pretty strongly implies that Megaman is the father, doesn't it? In which case these are inbred robot babies.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The proportions are hosed but the colors and framing aren't bad, really

Yeah this feels like a step up, sort of, even if it feels like 90% of the artists time went into Roll's first panel boobs and butt pose.

I think this issue might be heavily traced? I get that feeling from some of the poses

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

No I'm going to have to ask how.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

No I'm going to have to ask how.

Daddy had a Chicken
Daddy had a Cow
We pulled him from the wreckage
You shouldn't care how

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also Bass isn't even their brother!

Wily made him, not Light!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Given there was apparently a revolving door of staff I bet the artists changed a lot.

DrSnakeLaser posted:

I thought the pacing reminded me of something, it's like the sort of webcomics I made as a teenager with zero planning, just characters going "we should do this thing!" and then stopping after two comics from it not going anywhere/getting bored.

It's nostalgic for completely terrible reasons :allears:

That really is the ticket, except they somehow managed to get the official license. I imagine at least part of the turnover might be writers getting bored/running out of ideas/getting in arguments over whose OC gets to steal the show this time.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost
I’m actually digging the new style. It has a very strong Wassily Kandinsky vibe to it.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
you're kidding me with that tengu man drawn in his official art pose

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Ah yes. Of course Tengu Man was the tipping point.

A lot of megaman fan stuff poked jokes about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjojRxaDTDI

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Barudak posted:

I think this issue might be heavily traced? I get that feeling from some of the poses

Yeah, sure seems that way. I’m pretty sure some of the character images of Wily and the like are traced from promo images. Also their ability to draw faces and poses varies wildly between panels and such. Sometimes the pose looks fine but they had to change the face from the traced image and it just loving sucks in comparison.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I will say that while this issue's art has even less technical skill than the others, I very much prefer the style of the art.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The pencil-colored art is much more appealing to me than the "digital" coloring they weirdly flexed about in the first issue that was just the paint bucket tool.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Chapter 8 was when he figured you could just draw cameltoe on everyone for a few issues.
At least the color shading is getting noticeably good now.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I feel like this issue somehow has art that is both better and worse than many other issues.

Shockingly there is at least one or two issues where the art is actually kinda good?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The only time I'd say the art was actually good was issue 4.

Honestly that was the closest thing to good that the comic got. Cut the pedo stuff and the gross unnecessary nudity and it would have been edgy but okay.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I unironically love this page

It's so 90s, they don't do em like this anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Tengu Man was and still is loving awesome and I will not hear otherwise. :colbert: