Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
New Zari had grown on me, but having Old Zari back was very good. I hope they find a way to keep both, somehow. Normally, it would jank up a show's works, but Legends seems like it could make it work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

OB_Juan posted:

New Zari had grown on me, but having Old Zari back was very good. I hope they find a way to keep both, somehow. Normally, it would jank up a show's works, but Legends seems like it could make it work.

She better get paid for double time.

Edit: Caity Lotz is WAY too good at Kirkisms.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 27, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vord posted:

I want an Ultimate Buds shirt.

Give me a Star Trip season where Caity Lotz spends half of each episode just wanting to blow poo poo up

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

8one6 posted:

Keep Behrad and both Zaris around for next season you cowards magnificent bastards!

Co-signed

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mona saved the day. Best Legend.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I love that they managed to sneak in Alexander Courage’s Star Trek fanfare right after Sarah and Ava got blown up.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
They're gonna do a Farscape season 3 aren't they?

I'd be so down for that.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Legends just announced the big guest star for the finale. Yes, thank you perfect.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

😁

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Star Trek may have The Sisko, but Legends has The Sisqo.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

When I read the headline, I thought it meant the tech company Cisco, the actually guest star is much cooler.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

OB_Juan posted:

They could always have Zari 1.0 (as she was referred to in the Fates' script) be a Legend while influencer Zari goes back to her time and lives her normal life.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I want Zari 2.0 staying in the ship with gidget running QB on missions

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

They could always have Zari 1.0 (as she was referred to in the Fates' script) be a Legend while influencer Zari goes back to her time and lives her normal life.

Yeah but if Zari 2.0 leaves, I'm worried that Behrad might go with her and I can't abide that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love how good Tala Ashe is at being two different versions of the same character that are still perfectly distinct.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Tala Ashe is a treasure and I hope she has a solid career after Legends ends in 10 or 20 seasons.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

muscles like this! posted:

I don’t think she can go back. Her entire character arc has been about realizing how shallow and meaningless her old life and friends were and that saving the world through time travel was more important than “likes” and would never require marrying a DJ wearing a giant s’more with dollar sign eyes on his head.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

kjetting posted:

I don’t think she can go back. Her entire character arc has been about realizing how shallow and meaningless her old life and friends were and that saving the world through time travel was more important than “likes” and would never require marrying a DJ wearing a giant s’more with dollar sign eyes on his head.

I feel like they needed another episode that touched on this.

This season needed more episodes generally.

Really liked this Truman Show / High Castle / Gilliam / Friends mashup. Also loving brutal with their Star Trek "it's some sort of scripting algorithm!" joke.

The actress playing Astropos is having a lot of fun. They should depower her and keep her around as a joke villain. Team her up with Gary in a b-plot.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Can't wait for the inevitable Tala Ashe showcase next season where the two Zaris have to secretly swap places with each other multiple times over the course of an episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Then we'll be ready for the final act, a third EVIL Zari.

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

Rhyno posted:

Then we'll be ready for the final act, a third EVIL Zari.

Played by a kitten! Or a puppet

8one6
May 20, 2012

Vulgar posted:

Something something magic and now Everyone on the show is Zari. Let's see Tala Ashe's impressions of all of the other characters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vulgar posted:

Cat Zari could never be evil!

Puppet Zari on the other hand...

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

8one6 posted:

Something something magic and now Everyone on the show is Zari. Let's see Tala Ashe's impressions of all of the other characters.

Wouldn't be the first time

8one6
May 20, 2012

Vord posted:

Wouldn't be the first time

She looks super cute in the hawkgirl helmet... Wait, I have an idea for next season!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

8one6 posted:

She looks super cute in the hawkgirl helmet... Wait, I have an idea for next season!

Have the Legends “save” season 1 by going back and trying to redo it

8one6
May 20, 2012

Thaddius the Large posted:

"First thing you need to know, we took everything too seriously."
"Why didn't we just dogpile Savage and have the... Chicken hawks or whatever just stab him when we had the magic dagger?"
"Mick's right, the first thing you need to know is we had no idea what we were doing back then."

Edit: it would be neat to have the show runners remember that Mick was a time traveling bounty hunter for basically a thousand years and accidentally encounter Chronos while doing another job.

8one6 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 28, 2020

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Thaddius the Large posted:

"Why do I have to keep saying 'two weeks ago, I was a barista'? I was NEVER a barista!"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

8one6 posted:

"First thing you need to know, we took everything too seriously."
"Why didn't we just dogpile Savage and have the... Chicken hawks or whatever just stab him when we had the magic dagger?"
"Mick's right, the first thing you need to know is we had no idea what we were doing back then."

Edit: it would be neat to have the show runners remember that Mick was a time traveling bounty hunter for basically a thousand years and accidentally encounter Chronos while doing another job.

All of the people who joined after season 2 encounter Chronos and somehow get his mask off and think it's Mick doing a bit or something. Mick's daughter may or may not also be with them.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Chris James 2 posted:

Give me a Star Trip season where Caity Lotz spends half of each episode just wanting to blow poo poo up

I just want a few 5 minute episodes of Ultimate Buds

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

V-Men posted:

I just want a few 5 minute episodes of Ultimate Buds

"Did she eat a whole Behrad Brownie?"

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
In more depressing news, I decided (foolishl) to look at YouTube comments on Legends videos.

Some of them acutally think S1 was better than Dionysus getting beat in ping pong.

I know it’s been said, but still, gently caress YouTube comments.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Logical1234 posted:

In more depressing news, I decided (foolishl) to look at YouTube comments on Legends videos.

Some of them acutally think S1 was better than Dionysus getting beat in ping pong.

I know it’s been said, but still, gently caress YouTube comments.

I can see this show driving a certain kind of person absolutely insane. The kind of person who wants comic books and related media to be "taken seriously" and treated as "real art" and all that nonsense. The fact that Legends swerved hard into the absurdity would stick in their craw something awful.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Phylodox posted:

I can see this show driving a certain kind of person absolutely insane. The kind of person who wants comic books and related media to be "taken seriously" and treated as "real art" and all that nonsense. The fact that Legends swerved hard into the absurdity would stick in their craw something awful.

I'm perpetually fascinated by these kind of people who allegedly live and breath nerd pop culture and yet every new drop of nerd pop culture seems to piss them off to the point of ripping out what little non-facial hair they have left. Sometimes I wonder what happened to these poor saps to mess them up so hard that they seem to want to live in their angry nerd purgatory rather than just move on to something else.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Phylodox posted:

This is mind boggling. Legend's high concept absurdity (and big, very wholesome, heart) is literally the main reason it's worthwhile.

The Flash / Arrow / Supergirl aren't serious shows, they're just not capable of perspective.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Open Source Idiom posted:

This is mind boggling. Legend's high concept absurdity (and big, very wholesome, heart) is literally the main reason it's worthwhile.

The Flash / Arrow / Supergirl aren't serious shows, they're just not capable of perspective.

Flash and Supergirl dabble in it from time to time, but it never sticks like Legends does. The one show that these types of ur-comic book nerds consistently really seem to hate is Batwoman for some reason I can't quite put my finger on :thunk:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how everyone in Star Trip had short shorts on.

Having the Fates dystopia part 1984 and part Brazil was a good choice, its grim, but also silly.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I like how everyone in Star Trip had short shorts on.

Having the Fates dystopia part 1984 and part Brazil was a good choice, its grim, but also silly.

Pretty sure I caught a Twelve Monkies reference as well.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Also I really want to see Ultimate Bud Nate audition for his role on Arrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I feel like Zari 1.0 would want to spend some time with her parents in a time line that wasn't a dystopia.