Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

trying to install through the Microsoft Store. kind of a mess, isn't it? if someone figures out how to install this at speed, please post it in the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
after the download times from the japanese servers, i guess the download time wasn't so bad :shobon: i just had more of an issue finding the space for the dang thing

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Can't transfer to my friends block, they're all full haha

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

it's wild to me because i've never in all my years seen more than the first 3, maybe 4?? blocks full at any given time before starting on the NA version

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
My referral code is 10561586 if anyone wants to use it.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Kind of a pain in the rear end to install, there were a couple of files that I needed to change the permissions for to get the launcher updated.

Excited to try this! PSO was such a weird game when I played with some friends on a free server.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I wanted to give this a try, but all I get from the Microsoft Store is 'This game does not work on this device'. Updated windows, tried signing into my PC with a microsoft account, nothing makes it available. I feel like I'm missing something, because I've never used the Microsoft Store before and this isn't exactly a good showing for it.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Hunter Noventa posted:

I wanted to give this a try, but all I get from the Microsoft Store is 'This game does not work on this device'. Updated windows, tried signing into my PC with a microsoft account, nothing makes it available. I feel like I'm missing something, because I've never used the Microsoft Store before and this isn't exactly a good showing for it.

Are you maybe not in North America?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Hunter Noventa posted:

Gonna ask the dumb question. Are you on Windows 10?

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
So I played for awhile and it's just as fun as I remember, though you really end up with a load of junk in your inventory fast. Thankfully the storage system is good, but I have to ask, is there a better use for trash equipment than just selling it?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Plasbad posted:

So I played for awhile and it's just as fun as I remember, though you really end up with a load of junk in your inventory fast. Thankfully the storage system is good, but I have to ask, is there a better use for trash equipment than just selling it?

Feeding your Mag as long as it has the stats you're looking for?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I'm enjoying the game, but holy poo poo is it sink or swim to get thrown into a fully mature MMO eight years into its life and try to learn it from scratch, especially one that doesn't follow almost any of the the western Everquest/WoW design language, and for whom there are precious few resources in English (and most there are so far are based on the Xbox).

I feel utterly certain I'm running around with the equivalent of my fly undone and just haven't realized it yet.

Is almost everyone playing it with a controller?

Imagined fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 27, 2020

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Chiming in to say performance is shocking in the lobby, any solutions?

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Plasbad posted:

You can smoosh your extra weapons into the one you're currently using to give it plus marks and improve its stats. There's also an extremely complicated system involving transferring the random affixes that appears on gear.

ColdIronsBound posted:

It's bad for everyone basically and it's almost certainly because every channel on ship 2 is slammed full. Plays fine on your personal ship/missions though.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

What do I want to feed my Mag if I'm going Fighter? It looks feeding it weapons increases S-Attack?

and is this a good way to allocate my skill points?? (I just kinda tried googling a build.)

You'll want to feed your mag striking weapons (sword, gunslash, knux, etc) up until your DEX support will level up, then you want to feed it either 4* rarity furniture, or monomates to lower the dex, and then keep feeding it striking weapons. Ideally it'll end up being 200 MEL support and 0 everything else.

Also I personally would say that deadline slayer is better than PP slayer, but that's a more marginal and personal preference thing. Otherwise that build looks good.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

ColdIronsBound posted:

I thought I read a post somewhere else saying to reduce model counts in settings? That might help?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah the default number of detailed models being loaded is 30. That's way too much. 12 is where you want it.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

This wedding lobby music sucks

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They really needed more than two lines when attacking, holy poo poo

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Fawf posted:

This wedding lobby music sucks

we just have to stick it out until we get the sonic lobby

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i feel like i'm missing something obvious, how do you set this game to full screen?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Countblanc posted:

i feel like i'm missing something obvious, how do you set this game to full screen?

The "environment settings" button on the launcher, you can't do it ingame

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Environment settings in the launcher, can set it to fullscreen or "virtual fullscreen" (borderless window)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
cool, thank you

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

For the subclass quest do I just have to hope that a Rockbear randomly pops in Forest Exploration?

E: wait nvm I think I got it confused for something else, it requires a different monster entirely

Catgirl Al Capone fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 28, 2020

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there a list of what quests I should be doing?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah the default number of detailed models being loaded is 30. That's way too much. 12 is where you want it.

This. Even at 30 it spends time loading them and you're gonna be looking at a lot of 'loading...' gray characters. Might as well just give up and scale it back.

Just a reminder- those equippable units that function as armor can be set to stealth mode if all the weird floating techno baubles are messing up your sense of style. Some of them can look okay, but ya know

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Used this, thanks!

edit, here's mine: 10584950

Noper Q fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 28, 2020

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Gonna ask the dumb question. Are you on Windows 10?

Windows 10, fully updated, North America. Even turning off my VPN (which comes out in North America anyway) doesn't change a thing. It's bizarre.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

I don't understand how reddit works but there's a "Bugfix Megathread" so if you google that maybe it'll help. The only hitch I had (win10, 3700X/2070S) was needing to run the launcher with admin privileges but that was after I successfully downloaded it from the windows store

e: linkaroonie https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/grkkft/pso2_mega_bugfix_community_thread/

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness

Evil Fluffy posted:

I used this

someone can use mine if they want

Ship 02: Ur

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Chibs posted:

we just have to stick it out until we get the sonic lobby

Golden Week is the only theme worth waiting for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soo5czOhiJI

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

quote:

On the parent folders (MutableWindowsApps and WindowsApps) right click ---> Properties ---> Security tab ----> Advanced button ----> Change Owner ----> Advanced... ----> Find Now ----> Select Users as the owner.

Check the box under Owner to apply to all subfolders and files, hit apply. It will take a few moments to apply to all.

Now you can go download the duplicate files. Instead of deleting WindowsApps just go into the folder and delete the pso2 folder.

Anything that gets installed into those folders will automatically inherit your new ownership and should avoid this issue moving forward.

this worked for me if your stuff just vanishes fyi

But how the hell am i supposed to use discord push to talk if PSO2 insists on running as an administrator?

Deviant fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 28, 2020

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
PSO2 Episode 6: Obtained 1000 FUN

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
So I didn't see any goon guild info on the first page or the last couple... Is there a guild on Ship 2?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
do the stores rotate a random stock or something? the Photon Arts guy isnt selling anything for Gunner so can I just not buy Gunner arts right now?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Zelmel posted:

So I didn't see any goon guild info on the first page or the last couple... Is there a guild on Ship 2?

Join the discord linked in the OP and then go to a terminal and look for recruiting [whatever guilds are called in this] and sort by name, then look for Nol Vacancy.

Edit: stupid questions. When you're out on a mission, will trash just keep respawning infinitely? My temptation is to sit there and murder them until they stop coming, but they never seem to stop.

Second: what are you supposed to do with items you don't want, but don't want to feed to your drone? Is there someone to sell them, or do you just trash them?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Countblanc posted:

do the stores rotate a random stock or something? the Photon Arts guy isnt selling anything for Gunner so can I just not buy Gunner arts right now?

It seems that Summoner, Gunner, and Brave get their starter weapons and discs as quest rewards from some class-specific Client Order npcs hanging around the level-up counter, instead of buying them from the shops.
Probably an artifact of the fact that they weren't in the game at launch and were added later?

Although, on that tack... Does the disk shop ever upgrade its stock, or will I just forget about it forever after buying the 1-2 skill disks for my class?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
There are vendors to sell things to in the shopping area of the game.

In multi-party areas mobs will continiously spawn.

The disk shop and the costume shop never get upgrades, they're just there to help you get started. If you can't find what you want from a drop, you'll have to buy it from other players in the shop option at the visiphone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Did they ever make the clothes work on the mech race? I played in the jp goon group however many years ago and robots couldn't wear most of the stuff.

Edit: it was 2012 apparently

brand engager fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 28, 2020