Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Thanks for the info. :)

TorakFade posted:

3. steam as far as I know is a separate thing, a while ago they gave away free steam keys for those who had their Bethesda and Steam accounts linked, but I think unless you bought in that period you're out of luck? Someone else can probably give a better answer here

Yeah, I remember reading about that as well, but then I found a post somewhere (and then subsequently lost it, of course) pointing out that this only applied to people who hadn't already tied their Bethesda account to their Steam profile. If you hadn't done that but did it before the deadline, you got it on Steam as well. If your accounts were already linked, it made no difference.

I already "own" it on Steam since the free weekend, but when I start it up it just tells me the free weekend is over and I need to buy the game. My partner owns it on Steam and tried enabling Family Sharing, but it just gives me the same message. This made me fairly sure the game actually logs in your Bethesda account (even if you launch from Steam) to check if it's registered to your account. That's what made me think I could (hopefully) get away with buying a discounted Bethesda key instead of paying at least twice as much on Steam.

Not that big of a deal, though, if I can get proof it doesn't work I'll just wait until it goes on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I finally found plans for a Lever and emptied all my caps and now I am a happy vault dweller.

I stumbled across the dead body of another vault dweller and that's literally the first sign I've seen of anyone from Vault 76 other than the Overseer. You'd think they'd integrate that into the world more. At the very least let you find the remains of your vault neighbors and evidence of what horrible thing happened to them.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Agreed about adhesive rarity. I was always out of it in FO4 but I’ve got too much of it in 76.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just a few days of playing this so far has already damaged my brain enough that when I started playing Modern Warfare which has an almost identical looking lovely old Russian aviation blue desk fan I went "Ooo screws!" the first time I saw it.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Shoutout to the people selling lasts years insanely rare fasnacht mask to absolute rubes for insanely high prices.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Adhesive isn't so bad once you plant yourself 2 tatos, 2 corn, 2 muitfruit, and have a water purifier going. (Or in my case, double that.) Every time I go back to my camp I gather those items, go to a cooking station, and make up some vegetable starch and get adhesive. It's the same as Fallout 4.

Screws are harder to come by, and used by basically any weapon or armor mod. Tag those for search and grab every single one you see, every time.

Andenno
May 1, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP-RwdLS1eI

Omg is so bad. Look at this guys this is how you play elder scrolls.

I agree, but TBF, is there any multiplayer game where playing "optimally" doesn't look dumb as hell?

For example, I loved Chivalry Medieval Warfare, but novice players were correct when they complained that the experienced players were all twirling around like idiots.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Andenno posted:

I agree, but TBF, is there any multiplayer game where playing "optimally" doesn't look dumb as hell?
For example, I loved Chivalry Medieval Warfare, but novice players were correct when they complained that the experienced players were all twirling around like idiots.
Or The Division which is supposed to be a tactical cover shooter but the best way to PVP was to run around in circles right out in the open and to "chicken dance" because the netcode couldn't track movement fast enough and made you invincible, making PVP combat look like a Benny Hill sketch

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I think the worst part of it all that eso combat just looks like regular mmo combat.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Done two Fasnacht so far, no mask the first time, worst mask the second time (looks like a Hills have eyes type with huge yokel teeth)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

Done two Fasnacht so far, no mask the first time, worst mask the second time (looks like a Hills have eyes type with huge yokel teeth)

I thought masks were guaranteed drops. Did you let robo buddies die?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

No. All five lived each time.

The first time I got a Fasnacht beret, I bet it’s on the same loot table.

Got a Fasnacht sausage recipe the second time, uses rotten meat but I haven’t been able to make it yet because I don’t have any tick blood.

Also I didn’t really start playing this game until 2 or 3 months ago and Fasnacht has made me realize I don’t think I’ve ever seen a chicken or an opossum or a squirrel until now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Good thing you never have done the vox daily then.

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:

Comrade Koba posted:

Thanks for the info. :)

Yeah, I remember reading about that as well, but then I found a post somewhere (and then subsequently lost it, of course) pointing out that this only applied to people who hadn't already tied their Bethesda account to their Steam profile. If you hadn't done that but did it before the deadline, you got it on Steam as well. If your accounts were already linked, it made no difference.

Not that big of a deal, though, if I can get proof it doesn't work I'll just wait until it goes on sale.

If you didn't buy it during the free weekend, you don't actually own it. This steam and 1st transfer were only for a limited time, before WL went live and yes you're correct it was for people who had linked their accounts. You're kind of SOL unless you can call and convince someone to do it for you. However, 1st doesn't transfer correctly, and if that ends up being something they'll do for you, they'll give you a year's worth of atoms up front, but no more throughout the year. Because BGS.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

First mask

Third time, second mask

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tenzarin posted:

Good thing you never have done the vox daily then.

lol yeah I haven't, have had the syringer in my inventory for 2 months though.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

i flunked out posted:

Shoutout to the people selling lasts years insanely rare fasnacht mask to absolute rubes for insanely high prices.
Haha, which one is the rare one? Something tells me I do not have it if I do not know

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dr. Quarex posted:

Haha, which one is the rare one? Something tells me I do not have it if I do not know

They should all be decently easy to get now. They adjusted the drop rates.

No. All five lived each time.

The first time I got a Fasnacht beret, I bet it’s on the same loot table.

Got a Fasnacht sausage recipe the second time, uses rotten meat but I haven’t been able to make it yet because I don’t have any tick blood.

Also I didn’t really start playing this game until 2 or 3 months ago and Fasnacht has made me realize I don’t think I’ve ever seen a chicken or an opossum or a squirrel until now.

I believe the beret is in that table.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I GOT THE SAME ONE AGAIN THIS GAME IS A loving SCAM

Here's the beret if anyone wasn't aware:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Does the giant sloth drop a legendary item, I haven't gotten a single one. And I'm pretty sure I shot that fucker at least once even though people apparently try like hell to one shot it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Does the giant sloth drop a legendary item, I haven't gotten a single one. And I'm pretty sure I shot that fucker at least once even though people apparently try like hell to one shot it.

Yes and assholes just gun it down.

I have gotten a different mask each time. I love the looks of these and wish you could mount them on your CAMP wall.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 28, 2020

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just found out about the sloth just too late. But by the time I got there it was walking in circles while already dead, like a dog getting ready to lay down. Other players were still shooting it too, so it wasn't just me apparently. I got close and it was a container as well. I later went up to the toxic valley and saw the same thing with a snarlygaster.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

It's almost impossible to land a shot on that sloth before some level 210 grinds it into a fine paste the moment it spawns. I did 3 fasnachts and I got a skull mask, a sun mask, a soldier mask, a stein case, one fasnacht flag and one fasnacht standing lantern. Pretty fun event. You don't have to do anything except walk with the robots and then get rewarded. There were tons of players there doing every other part of the mission.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it's fun. You get the grab the most unpractical and noisy weapon you have and go to town on radtoads with everyone. Getting that drat sloth is a chore, though. The last time it spawned inside one of the buildings so you couldn't shoot it from a distance. I managed to get a piece of that and a legendary.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I'm speccing as shotgun guy but then lever actions happened and I don't know what to do. My legendary lever action fires 2 shots at once, but it's slow, and I can't find any to break down for new receivers, barrels, etc.

My pump shotgun on the other hand is a powerhouse marksman shotgun that eats enemies way above my level with solid damage because I broke down so many I have all the stuff except for 2-3 plans.

Should I stay the course and keep making insane shotguns, or should I lean into lever action?

Also all my gun perks are in shotgun related things.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Enemies should drop loot if you're "in combat" and within a certain distance regardless if you tag them or not.

Teaming up with people is a way to try and help with the current system, since if a teammate tags them you still get a loot drop.

VRViperII
Mar 17, 2009
I was bummed when the beret dropped instead of a mask until i saw how good it looked.

Check around on the ground, hang out after a bit, people drop their duplicates sometimes.

VRViperII
Mar 17, 2009

Untrustable posted:

I'm speccing as shotgun guy but then lever actions happened and I don't know what to do. My legendary lever action fires 2 shots at once, but it's slow, and I can't find any to break down for new receivers, barrels, etc.

My pump shotgun on the other hand is a powerhouse marksman shotgun that eats enemies way above my level with solid damage because I broke down so many I have all the stuff except for 2-3 plans.

Should I stay the course and keep making insane shotguns, or should I lean into lever action?

Also all my gun perks are in shotgun related things.

Keep the lever gun and use it to nail headshots. Speccing shotgun lets you have tremendous melee ability and and easy switch to heavy weapons, but a rifle build basically requires you to dump all your strength.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Untrustable posted:

Should I stay the course and keep making insane shotguns, or should I lean into lever rifle?

What level and number of stars is that lever? 2 shot is very good for rifleman builds.

Lever plans are 2k and can be bought in the ash heap I believe. Then you have to build and breakdown. They are fairly rare in the wild.

Both play styles are good and it is up to what you like.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

IUG posted:

Adhesive isn't so bad once you plant yourself 2 tatos, 2 corn, 2 muitfruit, and have a water purifier going. (Or in my case, double that.) Every time I go back to my camp I gather those items, go to a cooking station, and make up some vegetable starch and get adhesive. It's the same as Fallout 4.

Screws are harder to come by, and used by basically any weapon or armor mod. Tag those for search and grab every single one you see, every time.

yeah they removed screws as something that scrapped from any old weapon and they're immediately a lot more valuable in 76

aluminum was another headache in 4 if you wanted to do anything with power armor and upgrades cause youd need A LOT and also for repairs (power armor seems to almost never break in 76 but you're having parts fall off constantly in 4)

ballistic fiber is rare as gently caress and a total pain in both games though probably even more so in 76 cause you really only needed it for ballistic weave dressup in 4

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I bought the handmade plans and started building/scrapping them for mods. Nice scrap dump, I'm back to having like 300 pounds of free space in my stash again

I also found an automatic Tesla rifle which is pretty awesome but it doesn't have basically any mods? Anyway the game seems to be pushing me towards commando, what with only giving me 1 decent singleshot weapon (my lvl 20 instigating hunting rifle which is getting really old and boring at lvl 59, despite it one-shotting basically anything short of the health sponges like behemoths, mirelurk queens and so on)

Automatic fixer for stealth + automatic handmade w/medium night vision scope + automatic tesla rifle looks like it could get me through most anything the game will throw at me, I'm heavily debating whether to forgo sniping entirely and slap a reflex sight on the handmade too since nothing sees me anyway unless I'm literally shooting them in the butt from two steps away between 3* stealth perk, 13 AGI and the Chinese stealth suit

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 28, 2020

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

ballistic fiber is rare as gently caress and a total pain in both games though probably even more so in 76 cause you really only needed it for ballistic weave dressup in 4

The military base north of the airport has a few laying around, that's a good place if you're looking for more. That's another one of my "always pick up no matter what" items. My lower level guy is constantly repairing stuff, and only just now ran out after I got the perk to repair stuff to 160%.

Also, they really need to fix containers and vendors already. I want to buy up some power armor plans, but no way am I setting up a water farm to sell to vendor bots. Plus, I have plenty of weapons and armor to sell whenever they do fix it. My stash is pretty full of stuff that I've been waiting to sell again. (Plus, turns out I had over 200 pounds of gun powder in my stash. I dropped well over 2,000 units of it and freed up a ton of space.)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i had a lot of crap 1 stars that still sold for a decent amount of caps ive pretty much had to scrip away since the vendor shut down to the point my stash is back to being full with legendaries but now its all bloodied/junkies/anti-armor/furious stuff of various stars

its gotten to the point i just put all my legendary heavy weapons in my inventory because with bear arms theyre all like 2 pounds each but they're 20 in my stash

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Yea the stash doesn't get weight reduction perks. Go through your junk tab and throw away like almost all your bone shards, glass, cork, and other less used junk items. Always keep gunpowder on your character, if you have way too much either make some bullets or throw it away.

I sell bloody and unyielding armor starting at 500 caps. I mod all the combat armor ones I get into BoS combat armor also. If they have good secondary stars, I up the price to 750-1k caps+ depending on what it has. You might be able to sell vanguard and assassin's armor for around the same prices but they arn't considered the best. Armor with sentinel bonus(standing still you take less dmg) or chevalier bonus(sprinting you take less dmg) should get a price boost.

Pretty much the only weapons that are going to sell is going to be bloody or junkie. I usually start these also at 500 caps and raise it if the weapon is better. If you have one of those two + explosive you can boost the sell price up.

Bloody/junkie explosive is the best combo for any ranged weapon, with bloody/junkie faster fire rate behind that. Bloody/junkie + 33% vats accuracy could also sell well depending on how not rear end the gun is, but a bloody/junkie + 33% vats accuracy minigun basically isn't a 2 star. So take the weapon in careful consideration.
Melee weapons best are bloody/junkie, faster swing speed, and +1 str. This would be a god roll for the melee weapon unless its something stupid like a golf club.

Don't be the player vendor who fills up his shop with all the trash legendaries. No one is going to buy your ghoul slayer board, no matter how god roll it is.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 28, 2020

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Tenzarin posted:

Yea the stash doesn't get weight reduction perks. Go through your junk tab and throw away like almost all your bone shards, glass, cork, and other less used junk items. Always keep gunpowder on your character, if you have way too much either make some bullets or throw it away.

About the junk, don't throw it away. Make it into bulk junk at a tinkerer's station and sell it at vendors, unless you're so rich that you're at caps limit and/or dry the vendors constantly and don't have much to buy from them anymore.

Yeah good thinking about the gunpowder, I tend to hoard it just in case but the real cap for ammo-making is lead and maaaybe steel, surely not gunpowder

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Also constantly check your ammo tab, make sure your not walking around Appalachia carrying 40 missiles and 10 mini nukes. Either shoot that poo poo off like its 4th of july or throw that poo poo on the ground.

Also if people are checking your shop out and your online and no one is buying your bloody explosive Flare gun either drop the price or scrap that poo poo because no one loving wants it and its just wasting space.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 28, 2020

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ok, I kinda want to go into more detail about the poo poo legendaries. Sorry if your using some of these and I'll go over the outliers.

Garbage tier weapon legendaries include anti-armor, assassin. berserker, executioner, exterminator, ghoul slayer, hunter, medic, mutant, mutant slayer, nocturnal, quad, stalker, suppressor, troubleshooter, two shot(most likely+ *), and zealot.

Bloody and junkie are known to be the best current dmg legendary types.
Instigating, crazy utility and alot of people don't care for it.
Vampire, utility and alot of people don't care for it.
Furious, hanging onto to a furious item is hoping that they do a balance pass and it could turn into one of the best dmg legendary types. It's a long shot.
Two shot, is just not gonna even come close to bloody. It can come close to junkies damage if your also playing a low life build for the adrenal reaction mutation which at that point you could just run bloody instead. Future rumored balance changes could bring it back though.

Garbage tier armor legenadries include auto-stim, chameleon, cloaking, exterminator, ghoul slayer, hunter. life saving, mutant, mutant slayer, nocturnal, regenerating, troubleshooter, weightless, zealot.

Assassin, eh pvp some people would buy/use this.
Unyielding, easily considered the best armor legendary type currently. This is what makes bloody builds overpowered. Bloody only does so much but the stat boss from having 5 pieces of this is unparalleled.
Vanguard, this is something you would use with a full life junkie build.
Bolstering, this is kinda a future use item that would require unyielding to be no longer usable. May never be worth using if the balance change doesn't shift the meta.

A special note about armor, with the secret service armor being the best you can have and it being only craftable. I would expect some kind of armor devaluing in the future or maybe people less willing to shell out worthless caps for it.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 28, 2020

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

ah about legendary armor, I got a chestpiece from a quest that has "+5% accuracy on ballistic weapons", does that mean +5% in VATS or to the gun stats? Can't verify in-game now, it is noticeably worse in DR/ER than my BOS combat armor chest (60/40 vs 72/72) but that only has the pretty lovely legendary effect "regenerating", I'm wondering if an extra 5% accuracy could be worth it

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm pretty sure its vats because there's nothing else in the game that changes how accurate you shoot the guns but it could mean the accuracy stat when you change mods out also. And knowing this game, no one knows.

Armor DR is pretty lenient, dr will really only be noticeable to 300-400 dr and then it drops off hard and you need like 1k dr to feel any defense boost, from what I've read. So it's all pretty much reddit rumors and echos of a half dead game on the internet. I'm usually around 270 dr and 400 er and I die to a strong fart but I only have like 30-40~ hp depending on how anal I am keeping my hp right at 19%. I would say the legendary effect on armor would be more important that the dr it gives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Tenzarin posted:

I'm pretty sure its vats because there's nothing else in the game that changes how accurate you shoot the guns but it could mean the accuracy stat when you change mods out also. And knowing this game, no one knows.

Armor DR is pretty lenient, dr will really only be noticeable to 300-400 dr and then it drops off hard and you need like 1k dr to feel any defense boost, from what I've read. So it's all pretty much reddit rumors and echos of a half dead game on the internet. I'm usually around 270 dr and 400 er and I die to a strong fart but I only have like 30-40~ hp depending on how anal I am keeping my hp right at 19%. I would say the legendary effect on armor would be more important that the dr it gives.

yeah I'm not quite topped out on armor, I think my best armor set gets me to 220DR/ER or so? so that extra 10DR/30ER isn't wasted for sure, especially since energy weapons seem to be what causes me the most problems (togheter with those drat missile-launcher-toting supermutants and mole miners)

I'll check it out ingame tomorrow, I have a long way to go still to get the "perfect" gear, I just run with a mishmash of whatever legendaries I found until now