Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Black Griffon posted:

good grief I suck poo poo at sliding smg kills, I'm never getting that dumb ump

Keep in mind when sliding corners that you can't ADS and your hipfire cone is maxed for the first half of the slide. You want to round the corner in the slide just as the game lets you ADS, about half-way through the slide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Fart Car '97 posted:

Keep in mind when sliding corners that you can't ADS and your hipfire cone is maxed for the first half of the slide. You want to round the corner in the slide just as the game lets you ADS, about half-way through the slide.

oh yeah I'm trying to do it in shipment with an MP7 kitted out for hipfire and mobility so it's more that I just suck in general

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Black Griffon posted:

Could be America-exclusive or very time limited?

Looking online confused me more than ever. Apparently WW2 is one of June's PS plus games, but they did flag it as free early (whether on purpose or accidentally). I had to search for CODWW2, which brings up the $60 Gold Edition, then scroll down to Bundles and the base game was (and still appears to be) free

Maybe only in America because of Memorial Day though?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

precision posted:

god drat it, death to amerikkka

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I spent a whole round last night running back and forth between tables with a shotgun just wrecking all their grinding.

You are that guy who I really hate but can't blame for their behaviour.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
Goons still doing vault 11 runs or has that train set sail?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

sinburger posted:

You are that guy who I really hate but can't blame for their behaviour.

A couple kids got on the mic to call me trash at the end of the round which is my gold standard for if I did a good job or not

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

precision posted:

the kids gotta learn about the sacrifice of The Greatest Generation somehow

"grampa how come you came back missing fingers? you could have just crouched for a few seconds behind a berm and been fine."

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The secret to fast camos in shipment is to stack your stupidity. No attachments, slide and hip fire round corners. If you're lucky you can even get a few triples, no attachment, crouched and hip fire kills all at once. Then when that's done you throw on whatever poo poo you use and do the mounted ones on the barrels. Then just move on when you only have long shots left.

Long shots can be a little tedious but there's enough bad snipers in ground war and on shoot house in the long lanes you can crank those out pretty fast.

You just drink beer and talk poo poo with your idiot mates while you do it and ignore your pro gamer stats.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

the problem with ground war is that it's ground war, tho

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Black Griffon posted:

Yeah I tend to use that as a last resort. The blood money game mode has been pretty good for it too actually. I got my uzi and bizon done that way.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

BlindSite posted:

The secret to fast camos in shipment is to stack your stupidity. No attachments, slide and hip fire round corners. If you're lucky you can even get a few triples, no attachment, crouched and hip fire kills all at once. Then when that's done you throw on whatever poo poo you use and do the mounted ones on the barrels. Then just move on when you only have long shots left.

Long shots can be a little tedious but there's enough bad snipers in ground war and on shoot house in the long lanes you can crank those out pretty fast.

You just drink beer and talk poo poo with your idiot mates while you do it and ignore your pro gamer stats.

Yes to everything except GW. Shoothouse is perfect for longshots.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
If you are having issues with ground war please delete the program and reinstall

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Not sure who said double XP tokens dont stack with happy hour/double XP events because they absolutely do and i got like 70K+ on a single game of shipment by stacking tokens during happy hour.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

HC 10v10 moshpit has been by far the best place to grind longshots for me. Just gotta remember to back the gently caress out when Kill Confirmed on Euphrates Bridge comes up.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Hulk Krogan posted:

HC 10v10 moshpit has been by far the best place to grind longshots for me. Just gotta remember to back the gently caress out when Kill Confirmed on Euphrates Bridge comes up.

I would have thought that would be ideal for longshots and no one will be collecting tags so it’ll go to the time limit!

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Shoothouse longshots almost has a gentleman’s agreement feeling to it. I’ll hop up there on the wall and get mowed down for five or six kills, then I’ll mow the opposite team down for my five kills. Got gold for my M13 pretty easily. Leveling up the FAL on hardcore shipment has been pretty easy too, except for owning my teammates by accident.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Going for longshot kills on Shoothouse is much easier when you realize you can just drop deployable cover and shoot from one end of the junk yard to the other.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

actually sawmill free for all might be worse than ground war

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Me in shipment (non-hardcore)

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

VaultAggie posted:

Shoothouse longshots almost has a gentleman’s agreement feeling to it. I’ll hop up there on the wall and get mowed down for five or six kills, then I’ll mow the opposite team down for my five kills. Got gold for my M13 pretty easily. Leveling up the FAL on hardcore shipment has been pretty easy too, except for owning my teammates by accident.

I wish that was the case. I just played a few rounds and it was the sweatiest poo poo I've ever steeped myself in. Just squads of tricked out SMGs gunning you down before you even know they are there, coupled by some adderal enhanced sniping expert on the opposite table.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

priznat posted:

Me in shipment (non-hardcore)

My god why haven't I made my username Latrine or Deja Vu or something.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

priznat posted:

I would have thought that would be ideal for longshots and no one will be collecting tags so it’ll go to the time limit!

This assumes your team isn't the one that gets trapped in spawn.

But yeah I got like 20 longshots in a round the one time that actually happened.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Black Griffon posted:

actually sawmill free for all might be worse than ground war

Bridge is worse and might be the worst FPS map of all time

Orv
May 4, 2011
I know this is very much a me thing but I wish the jumping around corners whole deal wasn't a thing. Ah well, get used to it eventually.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Dpulex posted:

you're not wrong, you might be super-right

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dpulex posted:

It’s the spiritual successor to Mission

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Dpulex posted:

I gave this post some thought and honestly I can't think of a worse one yet

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s the spiritual successor to Mission
I feel like with Mission you could flip the spawns with a concerted effort since it gave you some flanking options. Bridge? Nah, you're hosed and never getting out of there.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Dpulex posted:

Bridge is fine if you start on A side. it is a horrible loving meat grinder if you start on the C side.

Orv posted:

I know this is very much a me thing but I wish the jumping around corners whole deal wasn't a thing. Ah well, get used to it eventually.

maybe not the jumping so much but crouching and proning is purely a tactic to place your character in the area of the screen hidden by your weapon.

I think jumping thing is because auto aim doesnt really correct for upwards movement, so while auto aim might track a jumping player laterally, you have to manually correct the aim up to hit the high-damage areas.

I mean they could just make it so that jumping immediately craters your accuracy to zero.

and ADS could not give 100% accuracy until the animation is fully finished

and they could make certain weapons *not* a OHK anywhere on the body

but the game has had terrible loving dumb rear end bullshit like that in it for 10 years and like 10 different games so i doubt itll ever change.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 28, 2020

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020
Aren't these things like the point of Call of Duty?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

Aren't these things like the point of Call of Duty?

that and imho rifle nades should be extremely lethal

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My k/d fell below .69 today. It wasn't very nice.

I will continue to bodyblock all the bullets in the name of victory though

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah I mean I don't expect it to change but as an old who wins most gunfights by being in the right place before the shooting starts it takes a while to adjust to tracking that jumping. It's fine.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
believe in yourself! apply yourself!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tokubetsu posted:

believe in yourself! apply yourself!

Can't make me. :colbert:

I'm actually doing better than I have in a CoD in years, both in HC and Warzone which is especially baffling since I've been on a long shooter break. Maybe it just all finally stuck after years of being awful.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FYI two goons in the last week had their activision accounts stolen. This game being the first to do crossplay via said account, ALL your progress AND purchases are tied to it instead of your PSN, Xbox, or Battle.net account.

Activision support is non-existent and there’s no apparent way to recover your account once it’s taken. The accounts also have no 2factor authentication or any other additional level of security so a really good password is all you can do and that may not even be enough.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I thought consoles at least offered 2-factor auth through Activision?

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Black Griffon posted:

Yeah Ground war is a chaotic gamemode only suitable for doing mounted and long shot weapon challenges. But after spending a lot of time in that gamemode golding the MG34, PKM and M91, (not a brag, the joke is on me who actually spend time doing that poo poo) I noticed that groundwar ironically is the only gamemode where I can have consistent results in terms of points and kills. I guess the SBMM doesnt work in groundwar?

Orv posted:

I've resorted to doing the same things myself. Even started bunny hopping when i get shot at, and I actually not only survive more often, but also manage to win these duels because I'm jumping. When you jump you get your sights from their center mass to their head, and their aim goes from your center mass to your legs. :eng101: When it works I feels good. When it doesnt, and you get killed mid jump, your character does a sweet backflip so its kind of a win, because it looks funny.

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 09:46 on May 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Goonspiracist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNcCHLP7CnY

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:30 on May 28, 2020