Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

What? I don't... what?

I mean, I had a gay uncle who married two different women, but the first time it was to a French friend who wanted to stay in America and the second time it was to a Scottish friend and he wanted to stay in Scotland.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

If you're not following the UK attempt to keep up with the USA in terms of crazy, it's worth a look. Here's a heap of poisonous slime explaining why it's OK to drive around to test your eyesight before embarking on a trip for several hours with your young child and wife instead of possibly allowing your wife to drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ICDyGBpA2M

(I am bad at Internet and haven't figured out how to embed videos)

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

there wolf posted:

When Aang accept the challenge to fight Toph in season 2, she says "do people really want to see two little girls fighting out here?" and the crowd goes ooooo because it's an insult to be called a little girl, especially if you aren't one. There's a couple of other ones I'm not going to bother digging up because it's all small poo poo and the whole point was even a very good show show that was very positive and thoughtful about female representation still had those little digs because no one really thought of that kind of humor on a critical level.

lol

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

sugar mouse posted:

If you're not following the UK attempt to keep up with the USA in terms of crazy, it's worth a look. Here's a heap of poisonous slime explaining why it's OK to drive around to test your eyesight before embarking on a trip for several hours with your young child and wife instead of possibly allowing your wife to drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ICDyGBpA2M

(I am bad at Internet and haven't figured out how to embed videos)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I'm the primary school level attempt at cutting out a photo in MS Paint on the left

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

I'm very tempted to pop out and pick up a copy today then frame it for posterity.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Skwirl posted:

What? I don't... what?

I mean, I had a gay uncle who married two different women, but the first time it was to a French friend who wanted to stay in America and the second time it was to a Scottish friend and he wanted to stay in Scotland.

That “LDS” at the end of his bio is probably the answer. In my experience, it means Latter Day Saints aka Mormons. Possibly just a super repressed dood.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Boywhiz88 posted:

That “LDS” at the end of his bio is probably the answer. In my experience, it means Latter Day Saints aka Mormons. Possibly just a super repressed dood.

Yes that plus the "Utah"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Lord_Sugar/status/1265601043511066626?s=19

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

I don't know what is going on here but it feels somewhat magical

Click through to some of those profiles. It's like someone set up a Karen botnet, or some kind of elaborate performance art :allears:

Fair warning there's blatant nudity and at least one video of someone tugging their dick that I ran across in the process

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

HiroProtagonist posted:

I don't know what is going on here but it feels somewhat magical

Click through to some of those profiles. It's like someone set up a Karen botnet, or some kind of elaborate performance art :allears:

Fair warning there's blatant nudity and at least one video of someone tugging their dick that I ran across in the process

https://twitter.com/CHANELSMEDIA/status/1265022950815617024

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

What? I don't... what?

mormons who decided that a sexless marriage is preferable to divorce

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

he did it

he finally implemented buttcoin

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/peterboghossian/status/1265412983334662144

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

At first I thought that it had to be a bisexual person married to a straight or gay person. But, yeah, obviously it was a gay person married to a straight person. I guess mixed orientation is a term that exists outside of this post. There are even counselors specializing in it. The Wikipedia article is an interesting read, at least for me, because I didn't realize this concept existed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed-orientation_marriage

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sugar mouse posted:

Welcome to the new normal

REMOVED GENDER

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

incredible a man this naive survived long enough to post on Twitter

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

These are the only two negative reviews of a nearby liquor store.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

hawowanlawow posted:

incredible a man this naive survived long enough to post on Twitter

Trust me, this guy is not naive.

Neither is this one:
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1265694030626787330

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

That baby sure talks a lot.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/sabermarris/status/1265691013340966913?s=19

I didn't know if I should put this here or the good tweets thread because john absolutely rips the guy in the replies

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Trust me, this guy is not naive.

Neither is this one:
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1265694030626787330

I always think this piece of poo poo is the Donkey Kong guy.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/HWargaming/status/1265288593091842053?s=19

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Gross Dude posted:

At first I thought that it had to be a bisexual person married to a straight or gay person. But, yeah, obviously it was a gay person married to a straight person. I guess mixed orientation is a term that exists outside of this post. There are even counselors specializing in it. The Wikipedia article is an interesting read, at least for me, because I didn't realize this concept existed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed-orientation_marriage

Yeah, as a (incredibly) bi woman in an almost four-year relationship with a (99%) straight dude, I assumed this too.

For content, is anybody interested in a quick write-up of some weirdo Taylor Swift fans on Tumblr that are convinced that she is secretly gay and married to her friend, model Karlie Kloss? Because there is a whole-rear end community of these weirdos and it's SOMETHING.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i would if only because i stumbled upon those guys by accident. they were super angry that her announcement uhh... last year? the year before? i don't remember when, but it was teased a date and then on it revealed her new album, and a lot of those guys were super furious because they thought she was going to "finally" come out.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Read After Burning posted:

For content, is anybody interested in a quick write-up of some weirdo Taylor Swift fans on Tumblr that are convinced that she is secretly gay and married to her friend, model Karlie Kloss? Because there is a whole-rear end community of these weirdos and it's SOMETHING.

:justpost:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:justpost:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Splash Attack posted:

i would if only because i stumbled upon those guys by accident. they were super angry that her announcement uhh... last year? the year before? i don't remember when, but it was teased a date and then on it revealed her new album, and a lot of those guys were super furious because they thought she was going to "finally" come out.

Oh, yeah!

I’m not going to link to any specific blogs, due to “don’t touch the poop” and all that. However, searching the relevant tags will certainly pull up quite a few of ‘em..just let me state that harassing these folks would be a lovely thing to do. I do think most of this is either kids or people with mental issues, but regardless, I guess I just found this fascinating (and kind of scary) due to the previously-discussed phenomenon of parasocial relationships. I'd love to know if there was some older form of this pre-Internet, like with the Beatles, Elvis, etc.

ANYWAY, so for the past few years, there’s been a certain subset of Taylor Swift fans that are absolutely convinced that Taylor is secretly a lesbian and married (or engaged) to her best friend, model Karlie Kloss. These folks refer to themselves as “Kaylors” or “Gaylors”. This belief of course peaked with the release of Swift’ You Need to Calm Down music video (a song that most normal people viewed as an ‘ally’ song for the LGBTQ+ community).

Now, you may be wondering the same thing I was: “Couldn’t Taylor Swift be bi? Isn’t that way more likely, especially considering she had bi-flag colored hair in the You Need to Calm Down video?” NOPE. Impossible. She’s straight-up gay and literally none of her relationships with men have been legit and were 100% publicity stunts, every single one. They are obsessed with the idea of her relationships all being “PR contracts”, and the idea is usually that this was pushed on her by Scooter Braun (who you may know has been beefing with Swift quite a bit recently over music rights).

This especially extends to Swift’s current partner (fiance?), who is some British fella named Joe. I believe he’s minorly famous across the pond for being in musical theater, but I could be wrong. The hate these people have for this guy is kind of depressing. He just can’t win! If he’s present at one of her concerts/award shows/etc, then he’s just a publicity hog who is pulling PR “stunts” for attention. If he DOESN’T go to some big event (perhaps because he isn’t used to the spotlight? Maybe he got sick? Who knows! It’s their business!), then it’s just proof that he doesn’t love her and their relationship is fake. A lot of this is based on some random anonymous person/people who sends in “hints” and “riddles”, or based on Taylor or Karlie’s social media posts. They analyze every single thing the two women post, and find “clues” in absolutely everything. (Imagine Charlie from Always Sunny in front of that conspiracy theory posterboard).

Similarly, Karlie has been married to a guy from the Kushner family. While we mostly know of a Kushner as Ivanka Trump’s husband, this guy (Josh) is apparently not a Republican? Regardless, the “Kaylors” similarly hate him and constantly refer to him as a war criminal, etc. that is in a “contract” marriage with Karlie that she will one day escape from.

Now, there was a certain date this year (I believe it was March...2? 3?) where Swift was going to announce something. The “Kaylors” are getting frustrated by this point, and rally behind the idea that if that date comes and goes without Swift coming out, they’re done with her! Of course, said date comes and goes, and they are MAD. I saw various posts using terms like “gaslighting”, “queerbating”, “emotional abuse”, and so on. Like, they took this delusion so personally, to a degree that was kind of disturbing. ...Until the Covid lockdowns started and suddenly these folks get so bored that they are right back at this whole thing all over again and gave her “another chance”!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Yeah, as a (incredibly) bi woman in an almost four-year relationship with a (99%) straight dude, I assumed this too.

Why do people ask first? Just post!

E: ah hell yeah

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I think believing anyone related to Jared Kushner is a war criminal is a very understandable assumption to make.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I think believing anyone related to Jared Kushner is a war criminal is a very understandable assumption to make.

Oh, for sure! It's just...kind of blatant that it's not from any real political ideology, it's because he's "keeping them apart" or whatever.

I just checked since I hadn't looked into this drama since mid-March, and the "Kaylors" are now beefing with "Swiftgrons"...apparently another faction believes that Swift is secretly dating Diana Agron from Glee, who I believe is married to a man but came out as bi a while ago. Truly a sign of the human condition at large. :colbert:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

grittyreboot posted:

https://twitter.com/sabermarris/status/1265691013340966913?s=19

I didn't know if I should put this here or the good tweets thread because john absolutely rips the guy in the replies

https://twitter.com/sabermarris/status/1265748620466421762

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

I was rooting for this to be at least partially true and then Kloss got married to a Kushner and turned out to be an incredibly privileged white bitch in like six months, which is super disappointing.

Oh, for sure! It's just...kind of blatant that it's not from any real political ideology, it's because he's "keeping them apart" or whatever.

I just checked since I hadn't looked into this drama since mid-March, and the "Kaylors" are now beefing with "Swiftgrons"...apparently another faction believes that Swift is secretly dating Diana Agron from Glee, who I believe is married to a man but came out as bi a while ago. Truly a sign of the human condition at large. :colbert:

Reality TV show editing or not, there's definitely something weird going on there politically: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/01/karlie-kloss-dinner-with-the-kushners It was a minor meme at the beginning of this year, aka forever ago.

Arivia has a new favorite as of 02:20 on May 28, 2020

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Arivia posted:

Reality TV show editing or not, there's definitely something weird going on there politically: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/01/karlie-kloss-dinner-with-the-kushners It was a minor meme at the beginning of this year, aka forever ago.

I literally just found this and was about to post it, good thing I refreshed. That's incredibly awkward, although hilarious. That contestant either made a completely innocent remark/joke without knowing it would set her off....or he knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

I'm curious, how DO chuds view the Kushner dad (the criminal one)? I don't see them mention him much. Is he cool because he did crimes and is the in-law of their Aryan princess (aka also a Republican)? Or do they hate him because he did crimes and had a Democrat son too?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Arivia posted:

I was rooting for this to be at least partially true and then Kloss got married to a Kushner and turned out to be an incredibly privileged white bitch in like six months, which is super disappointing.

Oh poo poo, I assumed they were cousins, not brothers within two years of age who started a real estate investment firm together in 2015. And that their investment firm is trying to recreate the kind of investing that lead to the housing bubble then crash in 2008.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

I literally just found this and was about to post it, good thing I refreshed. That's incredibly awkward, although hilarious. That contestant either made a completely innocent remark/joke without knowing it would set her off....or he knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

I'm curious, how DO chuds view the Kushner dad (the criminal one)? I don't see them mention him much. Is he cool because he did crimes and is the in-law of their Aryan princess (aka also a Republican)? Or do they hate him because he did crimes and had a Democrat son too?

That’s the thing that gets me too. Karlie works in fashion, which is an incredibly left-wing, queer industry. Like marrying into Kushners and Trumps, shady business magnates is whatever. But having Ivanka and Jared as siblings in law when they’re in the government working on policy to exile and kill the kinds of people you work with? Accept that you’re going to get a ton of criticism.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/kittynouveau/status/1265819632994267136?s=21

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Skwirl posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

sugar mouse posted:

Welcome to the new normal

"This makes me feel bad" Jesus Christ this is pathetic

eta: Ben Shapiro on debate over wearing masks: 'The desire to virtue signal on both sides is truly insane'

Even the commenters hate him, it;s great.

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 03:46 on May 28, 2020