Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I'm trying the shed pandemic pounds this month. Please post more croissant content to get me through these trying times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Wife stated we need to go to church tonight. So excited!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

mds2 posted:

Wife stated we need to go to church tonight. So excited!

lol you need your wife to tell you when to go to Costco

(pls don’t go to stores unnecessarily during plague time)

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

You'd be wrong:

Coincidentally, I just ate this yesterday for the first time, and it was super delicious. (I actually meant to order the second item, but got the ramen somehow on accident. 😅)

(It should be obvious, but try using a higher quality noodle than the 10 cent stuff for a much better taste.)

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

Shadow0 posted:

You'd be wrong:

Coincidentally, I just ate this yesterday for the first time, and it was super delicious. (I actually meant to order the second item, but got the ramen somehow on accident. 😅)

(It should be obvious, but try using a higher quality noodle than the 10 cent stuff for a much better taste.)

Is this that poo poo that just tastes like straight vinegar? horrifying

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
The melona popsicles are in the ad this month, really glad that they brought them back this year. The variety pack comes with honeydew, coconut, and mango flavors. They are so good!

Whooping Crabs fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 26, 2020

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Finally made it out to a Costco with alcohol and picked up some of the Kirkland margarita with tequila. It's tasty, but not mind blowing. For the convenience and the price though, I'll happily drink it all summer. I'm glad I took a leap of faith and bought a few bottles, the first one I opened is going quick.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Shadow0 posted:

Not sure if this post fits in better in the China thread or here, but we tried going to the Costco in Busan in a desperate attempt to get Western foods and ingredients and were kind of disappointed in the selection.

Costco has slowly Koreanized, when they first opened it was the place to be for all kinds of poo poo you couldn't get locally.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

When the gently caress is costco going to start selling their 4 lb bags of trail mix online again??? I hate living in a city without church.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

pnumoman posted:

Finally made it out to a Costco with alcohol and picked up some of the Kirkland margarita with tequila. It's tasty, but not mind blowing. For the convenience and the price though, I'll happily drink it all summer. I'm glad I took a leap of faith and bought a few bottles, the first one I opened is going quick.

My experience as well. I'm not a Margarita aficionado by any stretch so hey, $8 for something that is tasty and all you have to do is pour over some ice, I like it.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

TraderStav posted:

I already make really good steaks but damned if that doesn’t make me want to learn more about sous vide.

Sous vide is just one hell of an easy button to making them. Plus you can just leave them in the tank for extra time if you need too, they won’t get extra done. When you are ready, pop them out of the bag, sear on a pan Put on plate and go. You won’t need to rest them. The only downside is that bit of time after removing it from the bag and before searing, the meat is kinda grey.
The real magic is in chicken breasts and pork though, I always had trouble getting a thick pork chop cooked right, and this just worked. Even the left overs were still juicy.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

SirPablo posted:

Costco used to sell these stupid things and my daughter loved them. Haven't seen them in a while though, anyone else seen them lately?

https://www.donleefarms.com/product-page/grilled-antibiotic-free-chicken-patties

I bought a box about a month or so ago in Ohio.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

CitizenKain posted:

Sous vide is just one hell of an easy button to making them. Plus you can just leave them in the tank for extra time if you need too, they won’t get extra done. When you are ready, pop them out of the bag, sear on a pan Put on plate and go. You won’t need to rest them. The only downside is that bit of time after removing it from the bag and before searing, the meat is kinda grey.
The real magic is in chicken breasts and pork though, I always had trouble getting a thick pork chop cooked right, and this just worked. Even the left overs were still juicy.

Another great trick is that you can reheat leftover steak and other meats the same way without overcooking.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
"Local Church Sells Gas"

https://www.wcax.com/content/news/Costco-opens-Colchester-gas-station--570767351.html

My local store announced plans to start selling gas in 2007. That's not a typo - 13 years ago!

Based on the seemingly endless court cases brought against it, so many of them citing Vermont's environmental laws and regulations, you'd be hard pressed not to label the primary litigant, Skip Lavallee as 'noted environmentalist" instead of his actual title "local gas chain owner"

Maybe the price competition will trickle down to me, some 20 miles away. Im much more ecstatic that this disingenuous fucker finally lost.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

I'm pissed bc they're out of the potato skins in the frozen aisle. I love to put some sliced scallions, pickled jalepeño slices and extra cheese on top

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

GI_Clutch posted:

I bought a box about a month or so ago in Ohio.

Hm, drat. Maybe it is more regional, like Bitchin' Sauce.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Cheesus posted:

"Local Church Sells Gas"

https://www.wcax.com/content/news/Costco-opens-Colchester-gas-station--570767351.html

My local store announced plans to start selling gas in 2007. That's not a typo - 13 years ago!

Based on the seemingly endless court cases brought against it, so many of them citing Vermont's environmental laws and regulations, you'd be hard pressed not to label the primary litigant, Skip Lavallee as 'noted environmentalist" instead of his actual title "local gas chain owner"

Maybe the price competition will trickle down to me, some 20 miles away. Im much more ecstatic that this disingenuous fucker finally lost.

Haha, holy poo poo it finally happened. Vermont gas station chain owners can get hosed. When I moved to PA people were amazed that I was amazed how cheap some things are down here. Like gas. JFC.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

SirPablo posted:

Hm, drat. Maybe it is more regional, like Bitchin' Sauce.

Bitchin’ Sauce just made it’s appearance at my suburban Chicago Costco. I think they’re going national.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

shovelbum posted:

Do you read every post in every thread on several days' delay, are you posting from a very boring job in the oort cloud or something I don't know but I fuckin love it

yeah

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

Thwomp posted:

Bitchin’ Sauce just made it’s appearance at my suburban Chicago Costco. I think they’re going national.

This thread has introduced me to many new things (Grillos so good) but this Bitchin' sauce eludes me in the northern Virginia area.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Whooping Crabs posted:

The melona popsicles are in the ad this month, really glad that they brought them back this year. The variety pack comes with honeydew, coconut, and mango flavors. They are so good!

Oh thank god!

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Cheesus posted:

"Local Church Sells Gas"

I’m convinced that many (maybe even most?) environmentalist causes are just used by people to protect their investments in businesses and real estate.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

YOURFRIEND posted:

Is this that poo poo that just tastes like straight vinegar? horrifying

I'm not sure what you're referring to. I'm not sure anything tastes strongly of vinegar in Korean cooking (I mean maybe I just never noticed). Whatever you ate, I recommend giving it another go sometime at a different place.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
At the risk of having that one goon tell me that me and my entire family should die in a fire, Costco had those golf walking carts on sale for a total of 1 day, they sold out completely in 3 different colors

Praise be to Costco

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Shadow0 posted:

Not sure if this post fits in better in the China thread or here, but we tried going to the Costco in Busan in a desperate attempt to get Western foods and ingredients and were kind of disappointed in the selection.

I am an avid church-goer here in Daejeon, and my wife is a member of a Naver Cafe. Since Corona started there's been a noticeable drop in Western goods. Sometimes they don't even have certain staples. I guess supply lines are iffy.

I've also heard that the Seoul area CostCos have more imported stuff.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

silence_kit posted:

I’m convinced that many (maybe even most?) environmentalist causes are just used by people to protect their investments in businesses and real estate.

Don’t internalize it. Jading you to that so that you check out and don’t trust anybody ever is literally the raison d’être for at least a few anti-environmental groups.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ElGroucho posted:

At the risk of having that one goon tell me that me and my entire family should die in a fire, Costco had those golf walking carts on sale for a total of 1 day, they sold out completely in 3 different colors

Praise be to Costco

Is it a golf cart or a caddie. Spit it out

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Vinegar is good and if you aren't dipping your dumplinga/potstickers in it you are loving up

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Speaking of vinegar, if you don't have a $10 liter bottle of KS balsamic, I don't know what to tell you.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Usin' that tower fan right now that I got on sale for cheap at Costco last year. Pretty good.

:respek: Fuckin' love these fans, and I've been pretty ambivalent about tower fans in the past.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Lol golf carts from costco, what will they think of next?

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Delpino posted:

Bitchin' sauce eludes me in the northern Virginia area.

In Richmond I’ve only found it in high end grocers like Trader Joe’s

And of course it’s a tiny container for like 6 bucks

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

pnumoman posted:

The margarita mix that you add tequila to is really good. Plus at my church it's $6.99 for two jugs. Most grocery stores around here charge about that for one.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Speaking of vinegar, if you don't have a $10 liter bottle of KS balsamic, I don't know what to tell you.

I highly recommend everyone get a bottle of the real poo poo.

That liter of KS balsamic will always have a place in my pantry but the difference between the two is night and day. I don't even know where my bottle came from, it just kind of materialized in my pantry one day but I love it so much.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Renegret posted:

I highly recommend everyone get a bottle of the real poo poo.

That liter of KS balsamic will always have a place in my pantry but the difference between the two is night and day. I don't even know where my bottle came from, it just kind of materialized in my pantry one day but I love it so much.

I have no doubt that better balsamic exists, but it does not cost $10 for a liter of it. Compare the KS to similarly priced lovely balsamic and you will again have a night and day difference.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I have no doubt that better balsamic exists, but it does not cost $10 for a liter of it. Compare the KS to similarly priced lovely balsamic and you will again have a night and day difference.

I totally agree. I think what I was trying to say is that balsamic vinegar is not like top shelf wine or coffee, where the average person can't really tell the difference between a mediocre product and top of the line.

For years I assumed that was the case and I was extremely mistaken. In the summer we like to take nice thick pieces of tomato and lots of basil from the garden, put it on top of mozzarella cheese and drizzle a little balsamic on it. It's good with the Costco balsamic, but using the craft stuff takes it to the next level.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

ElGroucho posted:

Praise be to Costco

Lmao

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Whooping Crabs posted:

These things are like crack. One summer I gained like 10 pounds because of them

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

WescottF1 posted:

The margarita mix that you add tequila to is really good. Plus at my church it's $6.99 for two jugs. Most grocery stores around here charge about that for one.

It's also an excellent fruit fly trap.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

WescottF1 posted:

Yeah, precisely. I think Manuel the other Cbus goon posted about em in the first place, but they are way better than store-brand has a right to be. Not like, as good as something you made yourself. But my wife and I will do a daily walk to get out of the house and that margarita you pour into a glass is always great to come back to, since you barely have to do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
is anyone else seeing church's chicken getting impacted? Twice now I've seen it backed up enough to 1 time run out and today they did bring more out eventually but it was briefly empty